Twilight could cheat on her friends for their human counterparts again in Rainbow Rocks

One of my complaints with the original Equestria Girls was the way Twilight Sparkle deliberately cheated on her friends for their human counterparts, just to get her crown back. And odds are, that's what's going to happen again in Rainbow Rocks.

Seriously, for a show about friendship, it sure as Tartarus constantly rejects the Mane Five every time Twilight becomes the only one to save the day.

She didn't cheat on them, she's not dating all of them :I

You ever saw the American Dad episode, "Family Affair"? That was the one where Roger deliberately abandons the Smith family for a huge variety of other families.

That's what both Equestria Girls and its sequel, Rainbow Rocks, feel like to me. It seems Twilight is deliberately abandoning her friends for their human counterparts, even if she does inevitably return to them.

Thats not really cheating though, otherwise, using that logic, you're cheating on your friends everytime you make new, similar ones. :razz:

Doesn't seem like anything worth making a fuss over, in all honesty.

Thats not really cheating though, otherwise, using that logic, you're cheating on your friends everytime you make new, similar ones. :razz:

Doesn't seem like anything worth making a fuss over, in all honesty.

Perhaps. But she did replace them with their human counterparts, which almost feels like cheating, even if it was for a little while.

But she wasn't - because she was in a whole other universe and dealing with THEIR HUMAN SELVES, it's like she was with the same group...just under a new guise.

I don't see why that has to be seen as cheating at all, since the other group don't technically exist in that same world as the EQG variations - you're looking far too closely into it.

But she wasn't - because she was in a whole other universe and dealing with THEIR HUMAN SELVES, it's like she was with the same group...just under a new guise.

I don't see why that has to be seen as cheating at all, since the other group don't technically exist in that same world as the EQG variations - you're looking far too closely into it.

In the Reflections arc, Luna did seem pretty angry at Celestia for replacing her with her alternate self.

Twilight's friends could've been the same way when they learned that she substituted them for their human counterparts. Instead, they were somewhat okay with that, and cared more about her exploits in the human world rather than their human counterparts taking away their Twilight Sparkle.

It's more like Twilight got sent to another dimension, the human counterparts of her friends WERE her friends, they just looked different, she wasn't cheating on them, she just found another version of them that proved that their friendship was so strong it crossed universes.

honestly I hate that Twily more often than not has to do the big stuff on her own just to have her friends as moral support

You know what you said reminds me of? My reaction to the Return of Chrysalis comic book arc's climax, as well as Twilight Sparkle and The Crystal Heart Spell.

In both cases, Twilight's friends were moral support as well. In the comics, they cheered on Twilight from the sidelines while she fought Queen Chrysalis in a magic duel. As for The Crystal Heart Spell, the only help they provided was teaching her how to be a proper leader of her own kingdom, namely by giving her advice.

And in both cases, I actually didn't mind, compared to me minding Twilight temporarily substituting her friends for their human counterparts, and once again, the Twilight/Tirek fight scene. Why? I have no flaggin' clue.

You ever saw the American Dad episode, "Family Affair"? That was the one where Roger deliberately abandons the Smith family for a huge variety of other families.

That's what both Equestria Girls and its sequel, Rainbow Rocks, feel like to me. It seems Twilight is deliberately abandoning her friends for their human counterparts, even if she does inevitably return to them.

You know your essentially saying that twilight is not allowed to make other friends right? Which is a seriously really dumb...

Here's another unintended side effect to Twilight not bringing her friends with her into the mirror:

Aside from deliberately replacing Twilight's friends with their human counterparts, it also devalues the originals and the contributions they could have otherwise made to helping their leader retake her crown. And that's what I fear in Rainbow Rocks, the fact that her friends are going to be useless again, just to make way for their human counterparts.

Seriously, you thought the breezies were useless? Try the Pony Five!

To quote (Or rather Paraphrase) Celestia, "Sending all of you could upset the balance of this alternate world" So doing that could have possibly caused some Damage to that universes fabric of reality. Which I'm sure you guessed is bad. The other problem is that to get the crown they would have needed to infiltrate the school meaning that Some of the cast could have (In a cross dimensional way of speaking) met themselves which may of may not have caused a panic. Now, if you were to point out that Celestia would have had no way of knowing such a thing than I would agree with you. It's just that sending ONE person into a place is far less risky(at first anyway) then sending a group.

Now about the "Mane five" being useless in the other universe. I honestly think that, for the sake of the setting, The Alternate reality "Mane five" would have been more useful then the actual "mane five". Why you may ask? Because they actually know how that world functions and can teach Twilight (Or whoever crosses the portal) how that place works and what makes it tick. Where as, if the Equestria prime "Mane five" had come they probably would have either caused a panic because "Why are their clones of some of the students!?" Or they would have made it a point to stay hidden(Which probably would not have worked seeing as they no nothing of security cameras and blending into such a world)

​Then theirs also the fact that twilight is allowed to have more then five friends...

That being said, it's 6 AM and I'm tired XD

You do know that after Twilight and her friends in the other universe reformed Sunset Shimmer, then she went back into the mirror to see her friends in their universe right? It wouldn't make any sense if she cheated on them, because she didn't which is exactly true.

I'm pretty sure that Twilight would never cheat on her friends, no matter what universe she is in. Also, the Twilight in the high school universe is still there and she wouldn't cheat on her friends either.

No. This isn't a discussion, you're just throwing out some bizarre headcanon of a movie that's not even released yet in order to get an inflammatory response from the community. Please, try to come up with a quality topic that allows discourse outside of people trying to beat logic into you.

Examples:

Will the Equestria Girls plot carry over to Rainbow Rocks?

Rainbow Rocks opinions?

Will human pony spinoffs continue after Rainbow Rocks?

Archived