Ician shook his head. "Please, I don't even know what the Companions are. Couldn't you at least give me a few details?"

The mare rolled her eyes. "Look, we're just Companions. We fight, we're based in Ponyville. I'm not one for talking. If you want to find out more about it, like I said, we're in Ponyville. Now stop bothering me." With a huff, she left on the road towards Ponyville.

Ician sighed, and quickly trotted over to the side of the farmer who'd been nearest to the giant. "Are you alright? You're unhurt?"

Mutely, the farmer nodded, quite evidently still traumatised.

"Okay. Go get some rest, you need it." Ician patted him on the back and, without further delay, continued down the road to Ponyville as well.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I hate spiders" Sky would say as he saw the spiders running away as they relized that they could not win. Sky would then start to walk ahead, making sure the way was clear

(sorry, i actually do hate spiders)

Midnigt had to admit, Cross was impressive. He was protecting her, extremely well. She was grateful for it. As he set her down again, she kept her firing rate with her arrows, taking the Spiders out before they reached Cross, most, but not all. After a short time, she lowered her bow, she couldn't see any other Spiders. She looked at Cross, who was, ashamed? She didn't understand, she owned him so much, why did he looked upset?

"Yo, Cross? You alright?"

A spider leaped at Cross!

He stepped forward with his blade out making the 8 legged abomination impale itself, it wriggled in pain before dying. Another spider to the left tried to pass him and get to Midnight but he did a leaping power attack landing on the spider driving the 2 blads thru it’s head. "HWAAA!"

He jumped off the spider ready for more but found they all began retreating

Cross let out a large sigh of relieve as he went back to midnight and held her in his arms

much better now my friend. thank you for asking. After having one of those things on top of you feeling you up with its …long hairy legs. There not as scary when just coming at you. I must say I admire your skills. You did better than many could in a healthy state.”

he looked to sky and shouted “all you allright do you need to be healed? If not I say we move on" he said looking to midnight smiling then the door

The outer walls of the town weren't very far away. Ician just followed the road, soon passing under a very old gateway where a gate might once have stood, perhaps many years ago, and then taking a turn around the bend in the road and walked over the drawbridge extending over the town's first line of actual defence - the moat. As he walked he took note of the terrain details around him, saving them in a little slot in his head for further tactical consideration at a later date. Who knew, perhaps one day this Hold would be attacked by the Stormcloaks too. Or more likely at the moment, a dragon. He had to stay on his feet.

He walked up to the gate of the town and faced the one of the guards standing on either side. "I would like to enter, please."

Midnight smiles at the compliment from Cross about her shooting.

"I'm fine, as long as we hit the town, where one of those actually medics can fix my bones, but what you've done will keep me going, at least, if you're ok with staying at my side and keeping me standing like this that is"

Cross smiled down at Midnight holding her tightly in his arms

of course my fair huntress. I will stay by your side as long as you like!”

he then walked along Sky and said

o.k Sky. the sooner we escape this place the better."

He took a deep breath and with a mixture of trust and confidence said

“we move together as survivors ... partners, and friends. we got your back Sky”

And it was true. He watched Sky he was strong. But he wouldn’t let his new alley face whatever lied beyond that door alone.

The guards scrutinised him for a few moments, noting nothing particularly strange about him, and then allowed him entry. It felt good to be in a civilised place again, and he wondered what he should do now. He could try to gain entry to the Jarl's palace, but looking at himself he doubt he would even be let past the front doors. He looked absolutely terrible - good enough to get into the city, but hardly suitable for entry to a palace. He began to wander around the town, looking for some way to get better clothing.

"Well, lets get the hell out of here. Im already tired of this place, and now that the Imperials are trying to escape the same way, does not help" Sky would say, hearing the msot silent of footsteps

Midnight laughed when Cross called her a huntress.

"Cross...I, i'm closer to an assassin than a huntress, but...I appreciate the compliment"

She did agree with Cross, they needed to escape here. Though, the whole escape together wasn't normally her style..after all that Cross had done for her, it would be cruel to abandon him.

"Well, whatever we're going to do, lets go. The less time we spend in here, the better"

Cross listened to what midnight said and nodded.

as they went thru the door and around the bend of the cave they didn't see anymore spiderwebs. but it was still very dark and hard to see. he stayed behind Sky. watching the rear, and keeping midnight safe.

he hit midnight with another healing spell. just for the practice and to make sure her body wasn't going thru any more damage.

"Sky, Midnight. what can you tell me about the war going on here between the imperials and the rebels. iv'e been here in the providence only a day and know nothing about either."

Ician stopped by the town gates. Just there was a blacksmith, sitting down and working on her tools. He offered to help, and was promptly greeted with a full tutorial of the mechanics of smithing - something he didn't feel that he might need just yet, but was good to know. He helped create new weaponry and got to keep a few of them as a reward, too. he thought about selling them straightaway, but decided that perhaps he ought to keep them in case he ever ended up needing it. He did, however, ask her for a slightly more presentable set of clothes than the rags he was wearing. She was reluctant, but ultimately her good spirit won over and he got something at least halfway decent.

With that, he headed off to the large palace, determined to get in somehow.

"I got captured trying to cross the boarder, that fight, got dragged into it. Other then that, dont know much. I can say one thing though, the dragon seems to be a bigger threat then them"

Midnight laughed quietly

"I'll tell you what I know cross. But, i don't know everything. Basically, a king killed another king, Stormcloak was exiled and, well, meant to be executed. It's not working very well so far. The Imperials want to kill the Rebals for the dead king. The rebels basically want to put their alive king on his throne. Or something like that"

Midnight looked around "I got caught with the rebels. They hired me to assassinate an Imperial outpost, then meet there for my pay...Heh, never did get paid for that job"

Cross listened to Sky and midnight.

Holding midnight close to him.

disgusting. It’s the job of a government to protect the ponies. If it fails that then well. … This is why I stay out of politics.”

Cross pieced together what was going on.

The imperials were at war with the stormcloacks over who should rule. And now there were dragons in the fray.

“A complicated situation we got ourselves in. do either of you hold any true allegiance to either side?”

he asked as they entered a large opening similar to where the encountered the spiders except brighter and more stalactites.

“looks like that could be the exit!” he said happly!

Ician strode forward towards the looming palace with a sense of purpose. Ponyville, he learned, had a history of being a bastion in the fight against dragons, and one dragon had once even been imprisoned within the palace itself in ages past. Whether or not it was still there, he didn't know, but it did make the monolithic structure towering over the rest of Ponyville look that much more threatening and foreboding. But what made it worse was the long flight of stairs to the top.

Ician sighed as he began his advance. Even though he had been in the Imperial Legion, he wasn't exactly the fittest of ponies by any means, so the stairs were a bit more than he had bargained for. But at last, at the top of the steps, he collapsed to his knees, panting. He took a moment to recover and then walked to the enormous double doors that marked the main entrance to the massive abode of Jarl Twilight Sparkle.

He greeted the guards at the front respectfully and said, "I seek an audience with the Jarl. I have important news of a danger to Ponyville."

"I have no allegiance to either side" Sky says, then he see's that they had reached the exit. "Well, LETS GO" Sky says happily as he runs outside, only to hear the roar of a dragon. Sky quickly hides behind a rock.

"Are you kidding me Cross? You can't be an assassin like me when picking a side in a war" Midnight had to stay with Cross until they reached the exit of the cave.

She gasped when the Dragon flew overhead, but had to move with Cross, before realizing it wouldn't spot them. She let out a sigh of relief.

"Come on, lets go! We need to reach the town, no sure how longer I'll hold up"

Cross and midnight walked out to the fresh Skyrim air. There was a nearby forest and a snowy path .

ahh, we made it, now just to reach the town and”

the dragon roared

just once, just once. I would like for a mission to go nicely.”

"Come on, lets go! We need to reach the town, no sure how longer I'll hold up"

Midnight was right. they realy had to get out of here!

Cross looked at midnight. And said sadly

you think you could just shoot it in the eye with a an arrow or something?”

he picked her up and ran to the cover of the treeline. He hid behind the large trunk and looked up for the beast. Using arms and magic he pressed midnight tight against himself and put his sword away.

He looked to sky and to the coast to see if it was clear

He whispered to midnight "do you know how far it is to the town you spoke of?”

In short order, the guards accorded him entrance through the large double doors. Ician strode forward and pushed the door open, marching into the central chamber of the Jarl and striding up to the throne, where she was seated, surrounded by her advisors, guards, and housecarl. "Honourable Jarl. I bring news from Helgen. A dragon has attacked and destroyed the town." He paused, realising that he was sounding very stupid. "As unlikely as it seems, I assure you that it is true."

"It's true." Her housecarl interjected. "The reports have come in from Helgen."

Ician nodded. "There is a great danger to your Hold now, my Jarl. You must dispatch guards to protect Riverwood, or else the dragon might attack. It is, after all, the closest settlement to Helgen."

The Jarl flinched. "Can we afford that?"

"We can." Her housecarl said confidently. "I'll arrange a detachment."

"Send this pony with the guards, just in case." Came a new voice. Ician turned around to see someone who hadn't been there earlier; clearly a new arrival to the throne room. "He's the most familiar with the situation, after all."

The Jarl sighed. "Very well."

Ician looked back and forth between the two curiously.

Cross wanted her to hit the Dragon's eye? From this distance? Normally she'd say yes, but she didn't feel like she could with her bones as broken as they were, plus she'd never shot a Dragon's eye before. She'd need time to aim, and time wasn't something she felt they had. "Next time, i'll do it Cross. But right now, all i'd do is annoy it more than kill it"

She tagged with Cross, using him to keep her spine straight and as undamaged as possible.

"Not far, just down this hill to my knowledge. There should be a healer there, if not, well, then we've got issues"

Cross listened intently to midnight, her confidence and knowledge of limitation was alluring.

cross thought for a minute and and spoke aloud to see if midnight or sky had any input.

"if we make a run for it, the town should have a force that can help us fight the devil, from what you said it should be close enought that we can make it, but still were racing against a dragon trying to sneak our way by the tree line might be safer. .... still if it spots us were ll doomed and the less time we spend near it the safer. ..."

he looked to midnight and tightly hugged her against his own body using himslef and his magic as a splint.

"midnight, sky" he said with confidence I say we make a charge for the town. its our best bet. are you ready?"

Cross knew he could make it, in time, and sky based on what he had seen from sky in the cave he was also fast enough to make it. and with even the slightest amount of luck the town would have a force of archers or at least able townsfolk who could help them.

"Then it's settled." The new arrival said, satisfied. "He'll leave now then. Are the guards ready?"

"They will be." The housecarl said stiffly. "Just give it a day. The guards will be prepared then."

"Very good, very good." He nodded, then turned to Ician. "Stay in my room for the night, won't you? If you've come straight from Helgen I can't imagine you've had much rest."

Ician considered. Did he have time? Perhaps he did, perhaps he didn't, but more importantly he did know that he needed a rest. He gave a small nod to mark his assent and then followed the man away from the Jarl, up to his own section of the palace.

"It does not seem to be looking for us specifically anymore, i say we let the dragon be and get Mid to the town, she is right, the sooner the better" He says, starting to get slightly concerned. Sky walks ahead of the group, his eyes sharp, he then looks at Midnight. "Am i able to borrow your bow, and a arrow?" He asks.

(The standing stones, we will use them in this, one each unless you swap the blessings)

Archived