OK, so I've just got confirmation of shipment for my Oculus Rift DK2, the Virtuix Omni is in production and should be in my home by late august, I've got a Razr Hydra and an SMG attachment on the way, and my PC is good for in-home streaming. I have all the awesome toys. All of them.

AAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL OF THEM!!!!!!!! ::::D

What's this mean in layman's terms?

I have a god**** holosuite

I've got a funny motion-controled plastic gun, a full-motion running mill that lets me turn my running and jumping into computer input, and a headset with motion tracking so I can look all over the place in a virtual world. I'm going to have a big, clunky virtual reality suite in my living room by early september. I'll be able to run and jump and shoot and maybe even flail my real-people limbs at videogames. The best part is, it's incredibly backwards-compatable, working on such games as fallout : new vegas and crysis and half-life 2, as well as many more!

If you tell me to play minecraft I will cut you.

Since this isn't exactly a build that's getting out into the world en masse, I figure I may as well use my goofy voice and ridiculous hair in this ridiculously cool set of toys and put it on the internet as a series. So! If you guys wanted to watch one of your fellow canterlot doofuses act like a frightened mongoloid on camera, what sorts of games would you wanna see 'em play?

I'm serious no minecraft I'll punch your face.

• 3 weeks later...

I would, but I haven't seen any good horror games... pretty much ever. Most of them are either third person adventure games with clunky controls and unfavorable balancing, or walking simulators with jarring racket thrown in.

That said, uh... bit of bad news. Virtuix, the fellows what're making the motion-tracking device for people to walk and run on, announce that they're going to enter production in Q4 of this year, having kind of not told anyone that they weren't, in fact, already in production from Q4 of last year. But I'll still do some stuff with the hydra and oculus rift, once they show up!

Archived