Peppermint swirl(Ready)

Name: Peppermint Swirl, called Pep by family and friends

Species: Earth pony

Eye Color: Minty green

Character Color: An aqua blue.

Mane/Tail/Other: Mane is a nice white with light green tint and is shorter than most ponies. She likes to keep her mane free so she can feel the wind blowing through it. Tail is also a white with a light green tint and is tied up in a ponytail.

Physique: Peppermint Swirl is in tip top physical condition and likes to keep herself like that by running, exercising and harvesting food. Is of normal height for a mare. Peppermint Swirl is good at long distance runs and decent at most kinds of sport.

Residence: Minty Green Meadows, a farm near Ponyville.

Cutie Mark: A peppermint bush with peppermint mint beside it

Cutiemark story: Peppermint Swirl's family had always been farmers of apples, cabbage, carrots etc and were always trying to expand. One day they decided to start growing peppermint bushes, but could never make food from it and no matter how hard they tried, they just couldn't. They could never figure out why and one day, the first day that Peppermint Swirl was allowed to help out on the farm, she decided to start with the mints. Once they were harvested she went inside the kitchen to start making food out of peppermint. She made mints, flavoring, sauce, and even peppermint flavored grass. She didn't know when, but she was having so much fun that she didn't even know it had appeared until her mother pointed it out to her. Pep has always been proud of how easy she had gotten her cutie mark, she had no challenges as she had gotten it when she had least expected it, but she doesn’t care. She is just happy she has her talent.

Special talent: Making peppermint snacks, food and more, basically anything to do with peppermint.

Unique Traits: Peppermint Swirl has very good stamina. She knows how to harvest all types of food like apples, carrots etc, and make different food from it although she is best with mint.

History: Peppermint Swirl was born on Minty Green Meadows, the farm that her family owns. She had always wanted to follow in her parents' footsteps and work at the farm. On her first day of working on the farm she got her cutiemark which made her probably one of the happiest ponies around at that moment and she literally ran the running of the leaves course before calming down, passing out three seconds after arriving at her house. Her parents were so proud of her. Since that day Peppermint Swirl has been helping out with the farm, making the mint food for which she got her cutiemark for. Pep went to school at the local Ponyville school where she saw Rarity’s fashion show. Pep had seen that show, it was the reason she loved fashion the way she did. Pep's school life had been a relatively simple one, she had been one of those 'Ignore class' rebel fillies, getting into trouble often and although she was unattentive in all classes, she was still smart and loved by her teacher. It had been first sight of the crops that had incited her love for farming, and although she had never been allowed to help, she had paid close attention to her parents which gave her the skills she has today, and those skills were probably some of the few things that helped her earn her Cutie mark. Although Pep had always wanted to be a farmer, she did have thoughts of other stuff she would have enjoyed, two of those were an athlete, which she actually became alongside a farmer, as well as a fashionista, which she also does in her spare time. As Pep grew older her love of all these things had only increased, causing her to become a more dedicated pony. She has run, and nearly won, the Running of the Leaves multiple times as a filly and she has done so every year, each year she gets closer and closer. Peps goal in life is to lead her life how SHE wants it, not how any other pony decides for her, no, it’s her life, her choice.

Character Summary: Peppermint Swirl is a farmer who has not known anything else but farming. She tends to fall asleep from overworking more often than not. Peppermint Swirl enjoys running and has participated in the running of the leaves multiple times, although she has never won. Peppermint Swirl currently has no friends as she is too busy farming, even when not and having time off, she is too shy and nervous to make any friends and just sticks to herself and reads adventure novels and practices her running. It’s not that Peppermint Swirl does not want friends, it’s just that just farming is all she has known so she finds it hard to fit in. Peppermint Swirl has earned the nickname Pep among her family as all she talks about is peppermint, also they find it easier to say then Peppermint Swirl. Although Peppermint Swirl is a farm pony, she loves fashion and will always try and look good when not working in the fields. She is one of the types of ponies who just can’t take insults, even the smallest one will cause a crying fit and cause Peppermint Swirl to sprint away. She has a generous spirit and will give food and other items from her farm out for free when she goes to Canterlot or Ponyville to sell her products. Peppermint Swirl hates to admit when she is wrong and refuses to lose to anypony, the only time she can take losing is when it was clear it was a fair game.

Perhaps you can expand her history by including where in equestria the farm is. So details like who she knows, the school she attended, and maybe even include some events from the show she could have witnessed. If anything you could mention stuff like the take over of Tirek. Since that hit everyone in equestria. I hope this gives you some ideas. Also thank you for your help on my app.

Well in terms of things you can add to your character's history here are a few topics:

• What did her parents grow on their farm?
  • How did Peppemint decide that she wanted to be a farmer?
  • How was her life at school?
  • Did she encounter any challenges while trying to find her talent and get her cutie mark?
  • Did she ever consider doing anything else besides farming?
  • Are there any other dreams she hopes to achieve?

Basically the more you add about her history, the more we will know about her which will make role playing with Peppermint even better.

It looks like other people have come up with some good suggestions, but there's one other possibility I thought of.

One thing I like to do with characters is tie their history and summary sections together, and explain or demonstrate a character's quirks through events in their history.

So you could include something about how she either tries and fails, or avoids interactions with other ponies. You could include when she was first exposed to fashion, which must be a rare occurrence for a farm pony, and her realization that it was something she enjoyed. You could have something about how her fascination with peppermint affects her interactions with her family.

Just some thoughts, if you've already got some things in mind you don't need to worry about these, but I do think they could add something to the character.

There good idea's. Il definitly add in something about how fashion affected her...Before i make a reference i need to ask. Am i allowed to say that she saw Rarity doing a fashion show when rarity was younger or something? No interaction, just as a mention?

I think you can, as a bystander in a larger event. I've basically said that Naj was part of or at least near the group of changlings that got beat up by the mane 6 in the invasion without issue.

If you're still worried about it though, I would PM either an admin or a Rarity player.

That will make this sooooo much easier as i already have a show in mind. She is a mare, grown up in ponyvile. She would have seen the play Rarity put on at the school, the one that gave her the cutie mark :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived