Defying Death (Closed)

franshpout

Tick... tock... tick... tock...

The slow sound of a clock ticking indicates that life advances. Life and death. Where each soul goes through, beginning from life and ending with its counter-part, death. A question is often asked by the living beings. They wonder where they go when they die. So far it is impossible to tell, but they can not simply be nowhere, now, can they? A body is a physical object which contains a soul. The body has a limited time... It will free the soul once it has been too damaged or when its time has come. Once released, the soul does no roam free. Death is something of a second life, separated from the life we all know...

Death takes the souls to a place shrouded in darkness, most unwelcoming for the living ones. There, the souls may rest until they are ready to return and live again. The time it takes for them to be completely released always depends on the actions they have done in life. Death acts as a judge and decided on how much time you will spend purifying your soul. It will take for as long as it needs.

Death is never far away. Everyone's time will eventually come. Some sooner than others while some manage to live for as long as their body can afford it. Death watches all the time... the clock ticks and Death listens. When the clock reaches twelve O'clock, a soul must depart.

Death is an unknown area for the living ones. They are not aware that Death watches them, that Death knows when. They are not always aware that their own clock keeps ticking. They do not know for how long it will tick. For how long have you lived? The clock keeps ticking...

Tick... tock... tick... tock... tick.

--------------------

http://www.listenonrepeat.com/watch/?v=bhaEWCoY3Zg

A beautiful night was taking place upon the land of Equestria. The moon was full and in plain sight, with no clouds to hide behind. The temperature was soft, offering a gentle breeze to walk with. It was the ideal to take a night walk. Besides, tonight was special. It was the night of the Summer Sun Celebration. An event which happened once a year, reuniting the two princesses of the land to see the sun raise live. Ponies would stay awake only to assist this moment. It was the case for everyone and three ponies were not an exception.

Those three were gathered at the town square where all of the others were reunited to assist to this event. Three good friends for a couple of years now, unable to be separated from each other. They had become real sisters by that point so much they spent their time together and trusted each other. Right now they were among the crowd, one of the three standing out more than the two others for the only reason that she had butterfly wings on her back. Seria Rosa was her name. A rare pony known as a fairy. Her two friends were by her side. One taller than them both, wearing two purple ribbons, one on the head and the other on the tail. Glady Leaf, known mostly for her unnatural strength. The other one was a unicorn wearing a purple scarf, appreciated by most ponies who knew her. Her kindness and empathetic personality were her charm. Violet Charm was her name. Finally, a fourth one had joined the bunch for the night. She was related to Seria for she was also a fairy. A young one. What could differentiate her from the other fairies was her wings and her tail, completely made out of ice. She was not Seria's sister, but they lived together due to unexpected events.

The town was alive at the moment with ponies coming and going, all getting prepared to assist the one moment of the year where they would all see the sun rise together. This year, Princess Celestia was doing it back in Canterlot, so those from Ponyville would only see the glowing orb raise when the time comes. It was still an event worth seeing. The fun in all of this was that everyone was doing it. Everyone decided to stay up only to see this, but together. Parties were thrown before the gathering as a form of celebration and now it was time to come and look at it.

Freesia: Hey Seria? Why do we all want to see the sun rise? Doesn't it happen everyday?

The young ice fairy stoof on the back of the older one as she asked this question. It was the very first time she would assist to this event since fairies do not celebrate this day. Seria heard her and looked behind.

Seria: It is, but it's also done on the longest day of the year. Since at night we sleep, we don't see the sun rise. It is a special day made only for this.

The fairy answered. Freesia looked at her before looking up at the sky, seeming satisfied, yet not fully.

Freesia: It's so important to see the sun rise?

Seria: Not necessarily. But it is a very nice way of gathering everyone around. It makes things more lively, don't you think?

At this, Freesia would smile. She could agree that it was more lively this way. She had never seen this many pony gathered in one place, interacting with each other. She smiled at the thought of that. She was in a rather good mood, today. At this, both Violet and Glady had heard the small conversation the fairies were having. It made them smile both as well. They too could agree with Seria on that point.

Glady: It should be happening anytime, now!

Violet: I know it's the same thing every year, but... It always gets me so excited!

And she did sound rather excited. She was beaming with a smile just saying this. Her friends couldn't help, but to laugh with her as they enjoyed the positive energy she was emitting. Glady then turned to her.

Glady: By the way, aren't your parents here too?

Violet: Oh! Mom and dad are here, but they said it'd be okay for the four of us to be together. They said they'd watch it together. They should be somewhere in this crowd.

As she said this, the young unicorn began looking around for them, unable to find them.

Glady: Bah, let them be, then! We can always find everyone once it's over. Let's enjoy this first!

Icy Note stood in the middle of the crowd, the gentle breeze ruffling her mane and tail slightly. She listened to two ponies and a fairy conversed with each other, laughing and having the happiest of times. Of course, it /was/ the Summer Sun Celebration, a huge deal in Equestria. Icy didn't really like crows and huge celebrations. But then, she thought of something that would probably only make her laugh. Icy stomped her hoof gently on the ground, and a thin layer of ice spread under every other ponies' hooves. Icy just laughed at the sight. But ponies knew who caused it, and they never liked her jokes.

Drowzy lazily dragged her hooves across the ground. She glanced her head around, seeing all the other ponies running around setting things up. She yawned. Today was the Summer Sun Celebration. Dont get her wrong, she loved that event! Its just, its suuuuuch a bother to get there. Everythings a bother to do anyway. She rubbed her dark blue orbs and flicked a misplaced hair back. Her enitire mane is misplaced anyway. She felt the ground she walked on grew cold. She immediately knew who it was. She's heard of the pony, but she hasnt even spared a glance on her. She looked up slowly. She seems to be close to two other ponies, and two fairies. Wait, FAIRIES?! She's heard of them, but she hasn't seen one yet. Hey! Theres a first time for everything! She walked to them, a faint smile on her face.

"Hey there" She said loud enough for the four friends to hear. They appear to be sisters though.

"Mind if I join you guys? I might fall asleep if I dont talk to anyone." She chuckled as she asked. Her voice is quite low, as of a young stallion. She meant it though. She would literally fall asleep if she doesnt do anything for too long.

"The name's Drowzy Daze. You can call me Drowzy." She said in her usual low tone. She extended a hoof as she tightened her scarf and whipped her short mane and tail.

(How do you guys like the idea of putting music to go with the paragraphes? I believe it adds a lot to what is written. Also they're not sisters, lol. I said they were like sisters since their bond together is just so tight.)

While they were enjoying their time, a sudden short event would occur. Under their hooves, something cold made an apparition, catching the three of them off-guard... Well, one to be honest. Glady couldn't hold her stance for long when it appeared.

Glady: Woah!

And she had fallen on the ground, front first. Seria, Freesia and Violet couldn't help but to giggle at the silliness of the situation. Glady was tough anyway. It was nothing. She carefully got back up with the two others who managed to keep their balance. Her eyes went straight for the little ice fairy who was having a good time enjoying the pain of others with this.

Seria: Always so clumzy, aren't you? You'd be better off wit- Wah!!

And so apparently even the great fairy managed to lose her balance on the ice, her legs spreading on both sides, yet she quickly got a hold of it and managed to stop mid-way, the shock sending her mane at the front and Freesia having no choice, but to follow as she fell. Staying in that position, the fairy lifted her head.

Seria: Freesia!

Freesia: It wasn't me, I swear!

The ice fairy defended herself right away, telling the truth. Seria would manage to gain her balance back and find her normal stance once more, still looking at Freesia with a frown.

Seria: Who else can use ice magic besides you, here? Hm?

Violet: It's true, Seria. She's done nothing. I've seen her and she didn't move until you almost fell.

Violet spoke the truth too, yet with a smile. One that was only holding back a laughter... but it would give up. She couldn't help it and brought a hoof to her mouth to try and cover it. The fairy looked at her with her mane hiding a half of her face, due to the loss of her balance earlier. Somehow, although she was being laughed at, she couldn't get angry at her young friend. Instead, a smile showed up and she giggled a little. Even Glady joined in for a short one. Shortly after they would calm down.

Seria: I'm really wondering, though... who else could use ice magic like this?

Seria wondered. While keeping this question in mind, it's now that she would realise that they were not the only victims here. Almost all of the crowd around them had been caught by this little prank. Perhaps most of the ponies would know who the culprit was, but the flower fillies did not know about everyone in this place. They were often busy with their own things. And in the end, this little investigation would quickly be over when one certain pony approached them all. The gang, curious to see her approach, listened to the pony speaking. Already going with the introduction, they'd look at each other for a brief second before all turning their heads back to Drowzy, smiling. Seria threw her mane back when she realised it was all in her face. The pony in front of them did sound very sleepy, though. This tone she spoke with...

Glady: Did you even sleep last night?

The earth pony asked just like that in a teasing way.

Freesia: Are you the one who used ice magic??

The curious young fairy also asked after she climbed up to show her face above Seria's head, just after Glady spoke.

Seria: Freesia, that's not very nice accusing others like that...

Freesia: I'm just trying to help!

They replied to each other, looking up and down at each other and also frowning at each other... all for a short moment as they would both already forgive one another and go back to Drowzy.

Seria: Forgive Freesia, she didn't mean to insult you.

Icy was still laughing at the prank that she had pulled on the other ponies, most of the them falling front-first. Only Icy really found humor in this stunt, but most did not. Everyone except a few ponies and a fairy didn't. They, the other ponies, had menacing glances at her. She backed up slowly, moving herself to the back of the crowd. 'No more ice tonight, Celestia will get on to you.', she mumbled to herself. A small flurry of snow appeared above her head. This caused the ponies to move forward, not knowing of the snow would freeze them, or contain any other ice magic. Icy just sighed.

Drowzy chuckled observing the friends further. They seem pretty dazed. Must be the ice that 'magically' appeared out of nowhere. She smiled a faint one as she listened to the earth pony's question.

"I did! I even overslept! I'm just like this.." She slurred out as she saw a young fairy pop out. She seems to be asking, more like accusing her. She wasn't able to answer for the two started to bicker a bit. She waited until they calmed down. After so, the fairy asked for her forgiveness.

"Oh no! Its fine! Really!" she said out. She looked at the ice and straightened her balance a bit.

"I do magic, but not Ice magic unfortunately" She mumbled, rubbing her eyes a bit.

"But I do believe it could be her" She said as she cocked her head into Icy's direction.

"I'm not one to accuse, just a mere guess.." She said in a low tone. Then it hit her like a dictionary to the face. She raised her hoof and collided it with her forehead.

"Shoot! I forgot to ask for your names... Can you give them please?" She said as yawn escaped her mouth. Causing her to involuntarily stretch.

When Drowzy actually pointed out a potential culprit, the four girls looked in the same direction, noticing one particular pony backing away from the crowd. Yet they'd all, at the same time, come back to the new pony in front of them. They'd be asked for their names... right. Drowzy was nice enough to tell them hers, why not them?

Seria: Oh! Oh... Of course. I'm Seria Rosa and this is Freesia, as you might have heard.

It began with the fairy doing an introduction for both, looking up as she mentionned the younger one's name. Freesia waved at Drowsy right after. The two others would do the same, saying out their names.

Glady: I'm Glady Leaf.

Violet: And mine is Violet Charm. Pleased to meet you!

Needless to say, Violet still looked as positively happy even with a pony around who could be described as a troublemaker for making all that ice. Anyway they managed to get a rather good laugh out of it. Now that the introductions were out of the way, they could resume what they were doing and also answer a question that was asked previously.

Seria: If you wish to watch the sunrise with us, then we don't mind at all. It's an event which gathers everyone together, after all!

The fairy answered to him. Next to her, Glady gave a firm nod as she agreed with that. Only one small thing bothered the mare, though.

Glady: But to prevent anything bad from happening...

Her eyes would immediately switch to the one who was hiding from the others in the back, the one who manipulated ice magic.

Glady: I'll go and grant a small visit to this pony.

Violet: But we're not even sure that it's really this pony's fault, you know?

Violet had a point, there... The blue earth pony didn't seem to have realized it before, but at the same time, this was their only clue to know who was at fault earlier. Glady looked over at her friend when she listened and came back to the pony far from there.

Glady: M'yeah... maybe, but Drowzy might be right too. He seems to know.

Violet: He?...

Glady: Uuh...

Confused... The tone that Drowzy was speaking with made Glady believe it was a young stallion, when in the end... well it wasn't. Violet seemed to have given more attention to this detail, managing to find out that Drowzy was indeed a mare. Glady looked over at the new one, feeling ashamed of herself for mixing up the genders... So much that she felt incredibly awkward about it.

Glady: L-Look, I'll just go over to make sure things are fine, okay? Oookay.

And without any further due she began trotting towards the one responsible for the ice, making sure of not slipping on anymore ice. Violet and Seria didn't try to hold her back. It's not like anything bad could really happen, anyway. So the blue mare would eventually be seen coming towards Icy Note. She'd eventually stop at a good distance between the two of them, preventing the snow from doing anything, although she didn't even know about it as she spoke when arriving.

Glady: Yeah, excuse me? Is it really you who's made ice appear out of nowhere?

She looked at the mare into the eyes before her own eyes would get to notice the small flurry of snow above her head. To which, Glady's eyes would get a little wider in surprise and she'd point at it.

Glady: You've got snow above your head...

Icy sighed at the ponies statement. "Yes, I know. And yes, it was me who caused the ice. No pony really appreciates my jokes, because ice is never someone's choice of magic or fun right now. Because it's summer. I don't belong in summer." The mar tossed her mane out of her eyes and watches as Celestia and Luna neared the stage, almost ready to raise the sun, for the longest day in summer. She despised summer, but she was forced to be here, watching the sun rise.

Drowzy observed the mare at the back. With all the clues she gathered, and the fact, that theres snow on her head, despite being summer, probably screams 'I did it!!!'. She laughed a bit. That was quite a joke. Though it caused a bit of commotion, it was still funny. She looked back at the four friends. It appears like there debating about her gender. Fact is, she never did any mare-ish things. She never cared about her appearance, or how others percieve her. So, this wasnt new to her. She simply chuckled as Glady awkwardly scooted away.

"Haha... Okay, to get rid of the confusion, Im a mare, k?" She said casually as if it was routine. She grinned. Her eyes began to feel droopy, so she shook her head, which, in turn, made her short mane a literal bird's nest. She sighed. She formed a hairbrush with her magic and proceeded to fix it, well, barely anyway. While she was doing so, she remembered something. She chuckled at this.

"Hey, wanna know something?" She asked, not waiting for an answer, she scooted her head closer.

"A mare had a crush on me once, it was hilarious!" She whispered, adding a light laugh at the end. She looked back at the two.

"Nothing seems to be happening, wanna go to them?" She asked as she jabbed her ear in their direction.

She listened carefully to the mare with the ice magic and at the end of her reply she raised an eyebrow in questioning right before laughing a little.

Glady: Ice is no fun? Heck we've lived worse than that! The town was completely covered in snow in the middle of summer and I can tell that it wasn't because of you, but because of her!

She would end with a smile as she pointed at Freesia from afar before resting her hoof back on the ground.

Glady: Trust me it's not a little joke like this that'll cause trouble. And if they don't like them, then why bother in doing it?

Indeed, the ground seemed to still be full of eyes and if her jokes were not liked... then why would she do it? More of the ponies would eye the ice mare with frowns as they walked by, trying to be careful not to slip. Some more small preparations were needed before it would really begin, yet they had to hurry. Celestia and Luna were not in the town to watch over them and see at which step they were at, after all.

As for the others, Drowzy had managed to clear out the confusion of if she was a mare or a stallion... It seemed like Violet was right in the end. She just had this feeling about it that told her right away. Drowzy would then tell them a rather comical anecdote right after, relating to the conversation they were having. The three girls who were there shared the laugh with the sleepy mare. Whoever was the mare, she must have been very deceived, yet this wasn't really anyone's fault, just an unfortunate event. Well, it could have worked on other circumstances! It just wasn't the case, apparently.

The small group listened to the suggestion that was given. Without really needing to think about it, they'd agree, Seria giving an affirmative nod.

Seria: Why not?

They wouldn't take very long before reaching them. The fairy had to be a little careful with the ice compared to Violet who had absolutely no trouble standing up, but they would safely reach the two others anyway. And right away that's when Freesia would come in the middle of their conversation, popping on the side of Seria, this time.

Freesia: You're the one who used ice magic?

She'd ask, not caring for if they were still speaking or not. The young ice fairy stared at Icy Tone for a few seconds before smiling up.

Freesia: I like it!

Drowzy laughed with them at her event. That was quite unsettling though! A mare with a mare? Seriously?! She saw how the group agreed, and let them go first. She succeded at making new friends, that's a plus! She dragged her hoof, only to slip! The sheet of ice on the ground completely slipped of her mind. She fell forward, on her stomach. And her whole body slid slowly and awkwardly to the group. She hit a hoof, not sure who it was thought.

"Heheh...Hey guys..." She said on a low tone. Not bothering to get up. Why? Meh, too much work.

Icy Note smiled slightly, but winced a little when a mare came sliding into the group. She hated seeing ponies in pain when it came to ice causing ice. She had different emotions sometimes. Laughing when ponies fell, the next moment feeling sympathy for them. "I... don't know why I do it if they don't like it. Maybe to get back at them for giving me disapproving looks when I walk by, or avoid me all the time!" Icy started to yell, but lowered her voice to avoid attracting attention to herself.

((Just saying, there is a possibility that a friend of mine joins this one))

Freesia had been decent enough to say she liked the ice prank and yet she was ignored. This resulted in the young ice fairy pulling out a pout at this one. One that Seria would feel as Freesia put herself back in position on her back. The fairy giggled slightly.

Seria: Oh come now, it's nothing of a problem.

She would tell her. Meanwhile Glady remained still as she listened to the mare with ice magic in front of her. And indeed, if, according to her, this was true, then yes it would be difficult. Glady couldn't really come to think of much, though. She was a good friend, but she wasn't the type to be able to help with those problems.

Glady: Well... I dunno, make yourself some real friends? Who cares what the others think?

And coming next to her, Violet had missed a part of the conversation. She looked up at Glady when she spoke before shifting her eyes on Icy, pulling out a smile. She did notice that she wasn't too well, but smiling probably was better than looking mad.

Back with Seria, she turned around when she heard someone fall shortly after they had reached there. She looked slightly surprised when she noticed it was Drowzy. The hoof that the sleepy mare touched was probably the fairy's, but only slightly. She had felt something, yet like it only grazed her.

Seria: Oh dear, are you all right?

She asked with a slight of worry and began to trot towards her, completely forgetting one thing she would remember quite fast... The ice, once again. She managed to make a few steps, but one of her hooves would land and slip to her right. With a short small cry she was brought to the ground along with the young ice fairy on her back. Seria fell on her side... while Freesia somehow managed to fall on her, lying on her front.

Freesia: ... Don't faaaaaall.

The ice fairy whined. Seria only raised her head to look at her, slightly annoyed.

Seria: You're getting moody now...

Icy sighed when she saw the ice fairy and other pony fall. "I'm sorry." Icy stomped her hoof, and the ice simply melted and the water sank into the ground, giving a small boost to whatever plants were around the Summer Sun Celebration. She thought about what the pony had said about making friends. Maybe she could. She would try tomorrow. For right now, she would focus on getting through today. Every summer day a struggle with the sun. Icy's house was encased in ice, but melted when summer came. She hated when it did that. And all her ice art melted, such as her sculptures.

Drowzy observed the ponies and fairies above her. The ice pony seemed well. She looked a bit stressed though. I wonder whats wrong. She moved her hooves. She was about to get up and introduce herself. But her eyes got droopy. She yawned quite loudly. As she shifted her weight. She swore she heard something fell near her. She trird to sit upright, but her eyes slowly closed. She yawned again. The only thing keeping her awake is the cool ice below her. She suddenly felt it melt. Her head dropped to the side as her eyes closed fully. Her breathing steadid, as her stomach rised and fell on a steady pace. A calm expression took over her stallion like face features. She had fallen asleep....again.

Both Glady and Violet gave a look behind them only to see their two other friends down on the ground. Glady found this amusing at first as she snickered it out. As for Violet, she worried a little about them and so to help she went over to them both, helping them get up after the ice melted. Once back up, Seria thanked her friend and Freesia replaced herself on the fairy's back and the three of them went over to Drowzy who... was sleeping? The girls felt that to be a little awkward just because it happened so fast and... well it was also in the middle of the place. Nonetheless, Seria began to shake her lightly once she reached for her.

Seria: Drowzy?...

Freesia wondered if just shaking would be enough, though... So she decided to add in her own little touch. Without making herself being noticed, she joined her hooves together and the magic began to happen instantly. If there was something Freesia was good with as an ice fairy, it was to make it snow. And this snow would begin to slowly form out over Drowsy's body only to slowly float down on her. When Seria saw this she looked behind with a frown.

Seria: Freesia! This time I know it's you!

Somehow Freesia didn't seem to expect this one as she jumped of surprise when Seria used and raised a serious tone on her.

Freesia: I... I tried to help!

She defended herself with this. The other fairy sighed at this answer. She wondered what she would do with this young one. It was not the first time that she was doing things like that. She cared for Freesia and cared a whole lot! But it was not always so easy, especially since Seria never really had any experience with foals.

Behind them, Glady heard the commotion and because of curiosity she looked. She rolled her eyes at the scene with a smirk on and shook her head slightly. Obviously she knew the story of those two fairies. She would return back to the mare of ice magic.

Glady: You're not the only one who can use ice magic. This little ice fairy is just about the same!

Archived