Fallout: Equestria - Desolation (Open to all who wish to join.)

NephoxVenom

Shadow sighed in annoyance, gritting his teeth. He looked at Gadget, "Do you ever stop talking?"

Shadow got up and walked further away. He was pretty put off by happiness. It just didn't belong in a world such as this. We lived in a world where the weak perished and the strong not only survived... they strived in this hell hole. Happiness was a commodity nopony could afford, lest they lose their senses and get killed by distractions. The more of an ass you were, the more likely you were to survive. Of course, Shadow still had morals, and he liked to help ponies out when he saw that it wouldn't get him killed. But, he knew that there was always that situation where you'd have to be the selfish asshole if you were to live another day and try to help a different pony out.

It's just how this world worked. Shadow was never happy... not anymore.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The pony hummed softly to himself as he now sprawled out over the top of the crate. His eyes turning to his his pipbuck screen, squinting down to it. "Well, speech is life my friend. Well, say the raiders when I was a foal~" The pony flicked through the screens till he came to the local map of the area. The beacons he scattered around all reading out to be completely empty with each pulse they made.

"They carved away my eyes with a silver spoon, and made me slaughtered them all with one particular boon." The pony then rolled onto his back to look up to the clouded sky. Such a terrible and misserable sight it would be. He was quite fortunate to be forced to a nearsighted vision, so he wouldn't have to look at it. As much as he really wanted to. "The boon of life! And with my ever-lasting strife, they made me speak and laugh while I wept a river of red blood!"

The pony then rolled over, turning his gaze in the general direction of the pony as he was strolling away. He continued his sing song speech, "and as the ground flooded with spilled life. They have taken a part of me I can never regain. Not my eyes, not my sanity, not the lies I saw. But the life of what was once just! And laugh and sing, now as I now must... by some sort of crazed lust. But with all that I had lost, I did gain one thing that makes me dangerous. I grew clever~. And cleverer I grew. Was I destined to be one of the raider's brood? I thought that's all I had, till my brother came through."

Shadow gritted his teeth yet again in annoyance, muttering to himself softly, "Someday, someone's going to stop those little 'speeches' with the gurgling of your own blood."

He walked around to the other side of the train car and sat down, finally alone to his thoughts. Seriously, how the hell was anyone that **** happy? It just was not natural at all. In fact, it was downright creepy... and that's saying a lot in the Wasteland.

Gadget gave a devilish toothy grin to the notion, almost in a welcoming way before finally rolling back onto his back, to gaze up at the dead sky with his ruined eyes. “So! What about you, Thengu? What's your origin story? Needed the money to feed yourself? Or were you in it for the action? The bounty hunter thing of course!”

Tehengu had been ignoring the conversation between the two ponies, as he could tell that he didn't care about any of it, plus he knew Shadow didn't want him listening in. Just as well. He continued watching the horizon, even though Gadget's machines were already taking care of it. He finally turned away from the horizon as Gadget asked about his past.

"Ex-military turned mercenary. I left the military after the rest of my squad was wiped out." Tehengu said, looking at Gadget. That was really all he felt like sharing at the moment. He still didn't trust these ponies.

Shadow Fang pulled one his machetes out and started to pick his teeth. There was a bit of food that was bothering him a little. He looked up at Tehengu, feeling bad that he had to be talked to death by Gadget.

He looked up at the sky and grimaced. It was very nearly nighttime.

Gadget laid where he was. His eyes closed as night time came near. But the moment he heard a small beep, his eyes opened up into cracks. The beeping in his head grew louder, and more constant as time went on. The pony glanced around for a moment, as if trying to figure out where the sound was coming from, till he glanced down to his pipbuck. The screen was displaying a large amount of text and code. Just something, that the pony hadn't neccessairly figured out quite yet, to show as nice little dots with those beacons.

And so, the pony sighed. He rolled over onto his stomach, and placed his ear down onto the container. His eyes closing once more as he focused on everything causing the readings. Through his sensitive ears, he could hear rumbling. The hammering drum like sound of a thousand footsteps all coming in closer to this one spot.

"Oh~ Speak of the devil," The pony hummed as he rose up to his feet. His eyes squinting to the horizon, but he couldn't see anying just yet. Maybe a few blotches of green light here and there. "Mmmm... you may want to get off the ground now~ It's rude for our guest to not be at the dinner table!"

The pony spun around with a hum, and whisked his smg out of his bag. A minute later, his stationary turret whirled to life, and spun around to look behind the group. Instead of moving around like it used too, it now focused on one location, and slowly but continuously tracked a distant target like a hunter.

Shadow had seen them for a bit now, having had his rifle out and ready. He used a stealth buck to turn invisible, then got on top of the train car. He took aim and got ready for hell. Frankly, he wasn't at all impressed by these monstrosities. He could just wait while invisible until the others died out and sneak out. He had his own hide to look out for and that was it. Well, if there was a way to save them and not get himself killed, then he'd help. But, if they were going to die, there was nothing he could do. See, this was why you never got too close to anybody. You stick together as business partners, but you never got close.

He said, still invisible, "That turret can only do so much."

Over the roar of the turret's Gaget was laughing like a mad pony as each shambling body was mowed down before it could reach the container from the south side. “I am sorry? I think you were disking Obilisk over his fire! But I can say I kinda agree with you,” Gadget laughed before inhaling deeply.

He shot a couple of rounds out into the shambling mob at the closest ones. The blows weren't enough to kill them. But only slow them down and really tick them off.

“Yeeeaaah... his functionality is a bit limited and all, but he has an incredible amount of armor! That's where his brother,” He began to kick his rear hoof after feeling some goul forehooves wrap and his rear legs. He managed to shake em off, and kick em back into the crowd and trot a bit closer to the center of the crate.

Before he could say another word, multiple rays of light stormed down onto the climbing ghoul ponies, and reduced their remains to mere piles of goo and ash.

“Mmmmyyeeeaaaah. Like that. But! that's... like fifteen down... maybe... ninety.....something to go?"

Well, looked like that conversation was over. Gadget wasn't saying anything more, and Tehengu didn't want to offer up any additional information about his past at that time anyways. He heard a faint beeping sound, and for a second thought one of them had gotten too close to a mine. He quickly realized that the sound came from Gadget's pipbuck, and he relaxed slightly. It seemed like the pony was listening to something, and his comment had Tehengu pulling out his sniper in a flash. He took to the air as he switched his scope over to night vision before looking through it and spotting the approaching ghouls.

"Here comes the ghouls." He said simply, watching them approach through his scope. If they came too much closer, he would start firing. He began to as the turret did, blocking out other distractions as he floated above the reach of the ghouls and began to fire down into them, aiming for the glowing ones whenever he could.

Shadow brought out his two machetes and turned off his invisibility. He sliced through the climbing ghouls as if they were nothing but moving masses of butter. He used his telekinesis to twirl the blades around the side of the train car, cutting down any ghoul stupid enough to try to climb. He brought out his revolver in a telekinetic grip, still twirling the blades, and shot out at the ones in the crowd. He threw out three grenades around the crowd, blasting them to smithereens.

Through all of this, Shadow's face was indifferent to just about everything. It was as if none of this was bothering him at all. Though, he was giving Gadget a few looks here and there but that was just about it. He had racked up about twenty kills so far and the count was rapidly increasing as the battle progressed.

One of the ghouls had gotten onto the train car, but Shadow kicked him off with a buck. He kept twirling the machetes around the length of the train car, slicing one after the other.

Tehengu simply kept firing, not worrying about the placement of the other two ponies, simply firing shot after shot into the ghouls, each one fatal. When he ran out of ammo in the clip, he ejected it and caught it with a claw, stashing it before pulling out a fresh one and slamming it in. He continued his pattern of quick yet deadly shots, taking out the ghouls one after another. One tried to jump him, but it's battle cry gave it away, and it was met with a knife to it's face, destroying the ghoul's brain and ending it. He simply let it fall off his knife before sheathing it again and going back to shooting them.

“Oh! Uhm... whom ever is near me. Remember when I said speech is life? Well... I can't tell the difference between scents like a diamond doge. You know. Most of the ponies in this world don't bathe regularly. Oh... and rotting blood. Flesh. And stuff. It's a really icky over powering smell. So... mm.... choose to remain silent and.... all I can say is sorry for...” The pony whirled around. His eyes squinting as he tried to differentiate everything around him.

The best he could tell through his darkened and hazed vision was that one had a glowing horn, and the rest were climbing. So he sprayed down the ones that managed to climb up.

“friendly fire,” he continued his thought. “So... you know. Friendly conversation?”

The pony then raised his nose up to the air, and gave his left leg a kick. The kick had dislodged, and knocked a grenade up into the air. It's pin flying off, along with the spoon juttering off into the crowd of zombies.

The cooking apple shaped bomb landed on the ponies, nose before it was given a flick. The grenade landed on the container, and bounced off with a metalic clang. It soared into the crowd and rolled along the ground. A few seconds later, the bomb exploded, sending gore high into the air along with shrapnel. The cart also rocked with the explosion, sending the pony rolling closer to the edge.

Tehengu sighed slightly at Gadget's remark about not being able to tell where him and Shadow were without conversation. He simply kept firing until a grenade exploded close to him, but not close enough to harm him. His vision was momentarily blocked by the gore, and by the time he wiped it off his face, another ghoul had launched itself at him. He didn't have enough time to draw his knife, so, acting on instinct, he punched the ghoul as hard as he could. There was an audible crunch as the fist made contact, and the ghoul fell onto the crowd below him.

"Stupid mostly blind pony." He muttered under his breath before actually speaking. "Can't you tell where I am by my shots?" He called to the earth pony as he wiped off the gore on his scope and continued taking shots at the crowd of ghouls.

Gadget rolled his eyes, "For the record, I can hear you muttering. And for your gunshots," The pony grunted as he now kicked a ghoul off and open fired on him as it stood on it's rear hooves. He watched it spasm before falling over the edge dead. Once he checked his surroundings he hoisted himself back up to his hooves. "And have you tried listening to a sniper gunshot near you," The pony laughed.

He dropped the gun and slid a new magazine into it once he felt the gun grow to light. Once he was done, he kicked it into the air, and caught it in his jaws. "The closer you are to a report, the more the noise surrounds you!"

Shadow truly wouldn't mind if Gadget was killed right about now. He was the most annoying creature Shadow had the misfortune of ever meeting. Still, Gadget was pretty good in combat, so he had that going for him.

Shadow kept twirling the blades around the train car, racking up even more kills. Soon, there was a pile of bodies stacked up against the metal walls. There were so many of them, and the battle didn't show any signs of slowing down. They couldn't keep this up forever, they just couldn't. He'd have to think about saving his own hide here pretty soon. It was the law of the Wasteland, unfortunately.

Tehengu rolled his eye as he once again ran out of ammo in his clip. He ejected it again, catching it reflexively before stashing it and putting a new one in. At this point, he decided there was too many ghouls to be sniping them one by one, and stowed his rifle before drawing his sword and dropping down onto an unoccupied train car, one that was against a cliff so that he wouldn't be flanked from behind. He stood and waited until ghouls began climbing over the edge of the car. As soon as they came into range, he began his attack, cleaving ghouls with every swipe.

"Just don't shoot over here." He said to the earth pony as he continued swinging.

Gadget's ears tilted, locking onto the origin of the voice. With this new since of direction, he adjusted his aim accordingly so he wasn't active shooting in that general vicinity. He continued firing into the mass as they climbed up. But his hope for the situation dwindled a bit when his pipbuck's magical technology displayed a warning of critically low ammo reserves. Well that's just dandy, he thought to himself as another glowing one had jumped onto his back.

The stallion bucked around for a moment to loosen it's grip before he finally managed to wrap his foreshores around the creature's head. He dipped foward, and did a log roll to pull it off of himself and pin it down on it's stomach, while receiving a few new flesh wounds himself. From that position, he climbed up it's body a bit further, and gave it's head a quick twist, cracking it's neck and an upwards pull. It took a bit of effort, but eventually the rotting flesh gave away, allowing the pony to rip it's head off, and end it.

The pony fired the last few rounds in his SMG, and dropped it into his saddle bags. Only to pull out a sharpened trench shovel now. His flying turret, on the other hand finally cooled down, and came back down, unleashing another spray of magic hell fire. This time it's aim being more true than before, it's rapid spray did quite a number onto the mass, effectively knocking out yet another section.

Tehengu continued cleaving any ghoul that climbed onto his car, often getting two or three with the same swing. It wasn't hard to cut through ghouls, especially with his level of strength. He was holding back the waves pretty well, wielding his sword in one claw and his combat knife in the other. Any ghouls that got past his slow but powerful greatsword had to contend with the much quicker knife. Overall, no ghouls were making it close enough to actually attack him. Gadget seemed to be heeding his words, and wasn't firing towards him. Good, he wouldn't have to worry about friendly fire then. The two turrets were also proving to be a good help, as the flying one took out a good number of ghouls.

Shadow took a running leap and landed in behind the ghouls. They ran at him with murderous intention, but he simply walked towards them with an impassive and indifferent expression. He darted to the side very casually and gutted two ghouls, stepping in between their crumpling bodies. He pulled out one of his revolvers and blasted three more in quick succession. He twirled his machetes around in front of him, killing four more of the hideous monsters. Most of the hellish fiends were preoccupied with Tehengu and Gadget, so if he was going to escape with the code, he'd have to do it now. He made a promise to his mother and he intended on keeping it, even if he had to betray everyone in the **** Wasteland.

Once he had dispatched five more with his blades and his revolvers, he took a good look at his new companions. He could become the very thing his mother had fought all her life and run away or he could stay and fight, making sure that they at least made it out of this alive. Of course, there was always the code he had to worry about... and that was infinitely more important than two lives.

NO.

He was going to stay and fight to his last dying breath. With a determined scream of rage, he began cutting through the crowd with a fervor and hate that was actually pretty frightening. The memories of the ones he had left in the vault flashed through his mind with each and every swing of the blade. Once he was out of ammo for his revolvers, he resorted to only using his machetes. There was one more on this side, which he pinned against the metal wall with his hoof and stared angrily into its decayed eyes with a murderous hate so intense, it rivalled even Celestia's sun.

He yelled one word in that moment, but it held a rather worrying tone, "NO...!"

Pushing with his hoof, he caved the creature's windpipe, effectively silencing its murderous screams. He climbed up on top of the train car and screamed again, using what little telekinetic power he had left to throw around a dozen ghouls from the other metal wall. He jumped down and hacked and slashed until his body started to protest its exhaustion. His adrenaline could only last him so long in this situation. One of them jumped at him, but he impaled the creature. Its dead body landed on top of him, pinning him against the ground. Another one leaped, attempting to take advantage of his precarious position. He shoved the machete through its head, his telekinetic power finally not able to do anything. He was too exhausted to do much of anything anymore. There were only dozens of ghouls left around the immediate area, but the hundreds upon hundreds of bodies gave him some camouflage.

He pushed the two bodies off of him and limped around the corner, struggling to get back on the train car with Gadget. He did so, but it took great effort. The turrets ripped through the crowd, effectively killing the rest of the ghouls on the east side of them. The battle was actually turning out in their favor, which was a tremendous surprise.

Shadow... Shadow was just SO **** exhausted. He could barely move anymore...

Regardless, he took out his sniper rifle and started to take out as many as his conscious mind would allow. Gadget could tell that the black stallion was on his last energy reserve and could not help much in a hoof to hoof conflict. Though, there weren't that many ghouls left, so the battle was almost assured at this point. There were multiple wounds on Shadow's body from the monsters, which was a little worrying.

Still, he kept firing, muttering softly and weakly, "No, no, no, no...."

Tehengu continued his fight, seeing Shadow seem to be about to run. He better not. Thankfully, Shadow decided to stay and began fighting the ghouls again. Man, he was really going through them, wasn't he? Tehengu smiled slightly as he turned his full attention back onto the ghouls assaulting him. Stabbing foreward with his sword, he skewered three of them, destroying them with a swing of his sword. The ghouls split as the sword traveled up their bodies. His newly freed sword traveled in an arc and split another ghoul in half during the downward slash. He was steadily whittling down the ghouls on this side, and Shadow and Gadget were taking care of the other. His next swing decapitated a couple ghouls, and he dispatched another one with a quick stab forward with his knife.

Shadow loaded his sniper up again, his moving now forced and sluggish. He then began to shoot once more, fighting the urge to pass out. Most of the ghouls were now dead and there were only stragglers here and there. Shadow only counted at least a couple dozen, but the piles of bodies were absolutely ridiculous.

Tehengu slowed as the stream of ghouls began to trickle down. The piles of bodies around him were slowing the few ghouls that remained. That was good, he was starting to get tired. He sliced another ghoul apart and paused as no ghouls approached him. There were still some standing across from the pile, like they were waiting for him. That, or they couldn't figure out a way over the wall of bodies. With a smirk, he jumped over the wall, crushing one ghoul by landing on him before he began hacking apart the other ghouls.

Shadow jumped to the ground, but lost his balance and fell in a crumpled pile. He groggily started to get up, but a ghoul slammed into him and sunk its teeth into his neck. He pushed it away with the rest of his strength and it fell onto a sharp piece of metal that was sticking out of the ground. It lay still, but Shadow was not. He frantically searched around for something to stop the flow of blood that streamed out of his neck.

He flopped to the ground and wheezed helplessly as he grabbed at his throat in a desperate attempt to save himself. He used what little telekinesis he had left to hold his neck, which blocked the blood from spilling out.

He managed to wheeze three words to Tehengu, who was now near him, "Saddlebag... medical.... supplies...!"

He flailed around, his eyes bulging out of their sockets as his magic slowly started to fade away.

After he had managed to defeat the remaining ghouls around him, he heard Shadow's voice. Looking down at the unicorn, who was bleeding out through the neck, his eye widened slightly. He stabbed his greatsword straight down into the ground and left it there as he sheathed his knife and began searching through Shadow's bags. As soon as he found the medical supplies, he brought them out and began to use his somewhat limited knowledge of first aid to save the unicorn.

"Hold on Shadow, I'll patch you up as best I can." He said as he continued his work.

Archived