Tehengu needs some friends!

So I just got my new Griffon character accepted, and he needs some friends... Or some clients, whatever. Bio's in my log, so look through it if you want.

Friendship and/or work, that's what he needs now.

I think he and Naj could be pretty good friends. They're both former soldiers, and it sounds like they've got similar overall mindsets. She also might feel more comfortable around someone else not native to Equestria.

I'd leave it up to you whether Tehengu knows about her species or only knows her in disguise.

Sure, they'd be good as friends. And I'd say, for the first meeting at least, that he doesn't know what she really is. He knows what changelings are though, as a race. He only knows what the public knows though, so it's not like he's an expert.

Anyways, did you want to do an rp where they meet? Or did you just want to say they were friends and be done with it? I would like to do a rp with you, but I'm not going to force you into it if you don't want to.

Well, we could start it pretty much anywhere you want, since he travels a lot. As for the premise, we could just start it off as a chance meeting, and figure it out from there. Or maybe 'Spring Breeze' could hire Tehengu for a job, and they develop a sort of friendship over the course of it. I don't really know for sure, those are just some ideas.

I think it would have to be chance meeting, since Naj generally lacks the funding to hire help or the desire for anything that she'd need professional help to retrieve. So, given Naj in or around Ponyville is in some ways the obvious answer, but specifically where is kinda up in the air.

My other idea is that Tehengu is on a job and looking for someone with complementary skills to his to assist, though how the message gets to Naj I'm not sure.

The meeting is fine by me, as I can imagine she wouldn't get all that much money from odd jobs. Well, let's see... Since his house is in Whitetail Woods, and that's near Ponyville, I could have him heading into town to see if he could find any work, then end up meeting your character somewhere along the way, either in or near Ponyville.

As for your other idea... I guess it could work, but I feel like he wouldn't be one to ask for help while on the job, especially from somebody he doesn't even know. Even if he were to know about her skills, somehow, I don't see why he would trust her enough to bring her in on a job.

Yeah, even as I wrote the second one it seemed like something that wouldn't actually work until after they were friends, and thus after the thread.

I think the first idea works pretty well, with them meeting somewhere in Ponyville. Naj has a tendency to wander around town, she tends to poke at things she finds out of place, and Tehengu's equipment is probably kinda unusual for Ponyville.

So, you want to kick things off, or should I?

Archived