Peanut Butter

CherryRie

Name: Peanut Butter, but all my friends call me PeaBee

Sex: I'm a Filly, 'cus Colts are gross and made of worms. No lie!

Species: Momma says my wings make me a 'Pegususss-suss', but I wana be a normal pony like her an' daddy when I grow up.

Pelt Colour: Well, my coat's mostly white but I got these big brown splotches all over it. I think got covered in the peanut butter when I was little an' it got all stuck an' it never grew out an' that's where ah got my name only Momma says that's silly.

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Oh oh oh! Can I have a Blue mane!?! Like Dj Pon-3! She's so awesome.... aww, but mines boring! All mousy-brown an' floppy like a wet hay bale. I keep it tied up in pigtails, cus otherwise it looks like I've got straw on my head.

Eye Color: Now those are blue, an' you can't make me change it! Hazel says they look like the sky.

Cutie Mark: I really wish I had one, but Momma says "it'll come eventually". I don't know when eventually is, but it sounds like a long time.

Physique: Well I'm not very good at sports an' stuff, but 'm not the slowest or the littlest pony in my class either. Think I'd be a lot faster if my wings weren't so big, they stick right out over my flank even if I keep 'm tucked in REALLY tight. Some of weather ponies say that they look two sizes too big for my body, but that it was a good thing... I don't like them though.

Origin: We live on Legume's Farm and grow all kinds of nuts. Hazel nuts, grape nuts, peanuts and uncle Hazel even has a coconut tree in his house! There's this lake that's so big you can't see the other side, even if you try swim out till you can't touch the bottom, an' I've tried! There's also this neat forest right next door to the farm, with all kinds of woodland animals and wild flowers. But what's really neet is that there's this city in the sky right above the lake! Sometimes, stuff falls off the clouds, so me and my friends are always going out scrabbling for strange stuff along the rivers.

Roleplay Type: Mane-land Equestria, duh.

Occupation: I help out on the farm allot, though I like the orchard best rather than the Peanut feilds. I also go to school in the big town, Trottingham.

Motivation: To get big and strong like Daddy! Then I can help him an' uncle Hazel on the farm. Hazel says I kinda get in the way at havest time, an' 'm not big enough to pull the plough an' tack, but Uncle Hazel says I'm a good weeder cus' I'm so close to the ground!

Likes: Umm, I like Carrots, I guess. Oh, an' wild flowers (not for eating). Exploring the woods around the farm is fun too, especialy if I can get my friends to come with me.

Dislikes: : 'bout ma'sen? Or other ponies? I guess the one thing I really don't like about 'me' is my wings. Also, bossy ponies really get on my tak. An' I don't like ponies who point out how different I am from the rest of my family. Oh, and Momma says I'm a fussy eater too, but that's only because she's always trying to make me eat alfalfa.

Character Summary:

"Long as thar's bin hills, thar's been Nuts to farm 'em, lass. Up'ln Born, up'ln Bred. Sept' thee, cus' thee're UP-land bred and Up'ln born."

That's what grandpa always used to say whenever he told me about the Nut family. I think it was a joke 'cus he'd always laugh after telling it, even though nopony else did. Momma says he's "daft", but I think he's funny and the best grandpa ever. We're called the Nut family, and Daddy says almost all the nuts in equestria come from us. Every kind of nut too, there's even a farm way up in the mountains that grows special pea-can nuts that only grow in the cold.

Most of my family are earth ponies, like Mommy and Daddy, but I've got these wings like the weather ponies that water our fields. I keep them tucked away best I can cus' Daddy gets sad whenever he sees them, like they remind him of something bad what happened a long time ago. It's hard though 'cus their so big. The weather ponies say they're really nice an' I could be a really good flyer one day, but I hate them and don't want to fly at all. So I wear a cloak to cover them up when 'am on the farm.

Once, when my cousin chased me with a dead frog, I tied to fly to get away from him. I didn't even get very far, but Daddy saw me. He didn't get mad or nothing, just kept staring at my wings with this weird smile that didn't look like his normal happy face at all. All day he kept staring at 'em whenever he saw me, even when I'd put my cloak back on. When I asked him why they made him sad, he just kept trying to smile an' told me it was okay for me to fly if I wanted. But I know that sometimes, my parents shout at each other about how I'm different from them, and I don't want them to be sad just because I have wings and they don't. After I seen how sad i'twer making him, I told daddy I'd keep'm tied up or even cut them off if it t'd make him an' Mommy happy together, but tha' got 'im mytherin' some'at fierce...

Tea cakes, 'm doin' 't again, t'aint t'ah? I don't like my accent. The other ponies at school tease me for it, so I try to talk normal like them, but I keep forgettin' when I get upset. I hate being different, but it doesn't seem so bad when I'm off the farm at school or with my friends. We're always doing fun stuff an' school's really interesting when it's not about rock-farming or math. Most of all I love exploring the forest, but most of my friends don't want to go there anymore cus' they say I always get us lost, which is totally not true... Okay, maybe I did get a little lost once, but it's always fun even when its scary!

Uncle Brazil says 'm 'curious' and that 'Curio-city killed the cat', but I'm not a cat and I don't know where Curio-city is, so I think its okay.

Relationships:

LOVE the way you approached this entire application 'in character!'

Like 'Mojo' would say, "I can dig it, babe!"

It makes sense that there would be 'legume' farms in Equestria.

Besides, there has to be a place where 'peanut butter' comes from so Pinkie Pie can bake peanut butter cookies, right?

:(:):D:D

Excellent filly foal character! Good luck with it!

Fourteen Fifteen edits later, I think she's ready for someone to pass a critical eye over ^^,

Wip tags removed, training wheels off.

Still not sure about her character summery, the ballance still feels too much towards her worry surounding her parents, though I don't think I can alter it much further without a complete restructuring.

One big question though: from the slice of life provided, what is your opinion on how she came to have two earth pony parents? I know the answer but I need to see whether there's enough hints in there for others to get the idea ^^,

Hey that's a cute little pony you have here.

One big question though: from the slice of life provided, what is your opinion on how she came to have two earth pony parents? I know the answer but I need to see whether there's enough hints in there for others to get the idea ^^,

Id say her dad is not her biological dad ? ie her mom cheated on him (or something nastier, but that wouldn't fit in the universe I think).

She's a cute character. I wondered at first about her questionable background, but seems since you haven't overstated it and that it was written in to provide some depth to her back story. We just don't want the RPs to become too focused on arguing parents or the topic of adultery. It doesn't seem like that's what you're doing here and a pegasus that doesn't want to fly could make for some good RP.

Approved.

AppAssessed.png