past the darkness there is light (open)

Xarionette

One week after the Nightmare Sovereignty's Inatial invasion. Ponyville was the first civilized area to fall due to its proximity to the Everfree. While the element bearers had escaped the rest weren't so lucky. All fell under the the nightmare curse, trapping them within their nightmares.

A large spire was erected atop the town Hall. That spire began draining the ponies afflicted by the nightmare curse of their magical essence and corrupting them into more nightmare ponies.

The spire linked the realms of the Victim's Nightmares, if one could get to the Magical Core they could break the curse. But only if they haven't succumb to Spire's corruption.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((Sorry))

Abby was one of the lucky ones to flee before the nightmares took over Ponyville but she didn't go all the way. She turned and watched as a spire formed on city hall and the town grew cold and dark. She lowered her ears to her head and looked between the fleeing ponies and the place where she had lived for four years.

Silver smiled at the chaos.

"This is so easy, poor Celestia and Luna won't be able to stand up to you, that's if they even come," Silver laughed before turning to Skarr. Ever since Silver had turned, two personalities, her original and new. She didn't have much control over her body but luckily she could argue it to do something.

"Duh! Luna's coming and she'll stop us, no you!" She argued before sitting down and finishing her apple.

"Overconfidence is a greavious weaknesses Commander Silver. The spire has a weakness. If the ponies can get to

It magic core they cand break the curse on the town." Skarr Scalded Silver as he looked up at the black spire. As the original Silver spoke out again. "I hope one or both show up. I am growing hungry."

The original smirked at what Skarr said to her bew self. "You know what, ever since this happened, I was never like this," New Silver then stomped her hoof, now plated in her original armour.

"Stop moaning it's better like this," she stopped before walking over to Skarr. "There will be other bat ponies about you know, hiding, waiting, I don't think they should all be turned after all I am the most, important one to be turned, I'm the only one who knows how to fight, "Siver walked past Skarr and curved her tail under his chin.

"I'm going out, I'll see you later, " Silver smirked her she lingered just a little longer before taking off into the now darkened skies.

((Abby and Venus? Could see her and the Original Silver cpuld keep you safe or somewhat but not tell you the plan? And all that, I can be Luna or Celestia if needed too! )

(( yes Abby and Venus))

Venus collapsed on her borrowed bed in the castle and closed her eyes. Her wings and muscles were killing her. "Why do I have to train so hard?" She murmured to herself

((I don't know what to do with Abby so I'm posting with Venus on this one))

the nightmare ponies draged the frightened ponies out from their hiding spots and cursing them before placing them around the spire.

Lord Skarr walked into the library which had been made into a command center. "Call my Praetorian Guard tell them when Celestia or Luna are spotted to ready their aegis. I can Sense a Something in the air." Skarr smiled as the spire flew with red runes and the ponies linked to it would find themselves in a dark versions of their town. The ground is bare, the air is frigid and the Sky is on fire.

Abby hid deeper in the shadows of the cave as ponies were dragged away and seeming to be put in a spell. Once she decided it was safe she stepped out of her hiding spot and to one that had already been searched and proven empty. At least that would keep them off of her tail for a while

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Venus had been summoned to training again and she didnt think she could make it. She was so tired and she swore that she had fallen asleep 15 times on her way down to the training hall. When she reached it she was dunked into cold water. She shrieked and went rigid. The stallions in the guard were laughing and pointing. She growled and shook out her mane and wings the best she could. "Dont laugh. I actually have to thank you. You all woke me up." she said with a smart smirk and a loud voice.

(( Was Abby supposed to get taken?))

Cory was speechless.

She was flying from a long travel, which she always liked to do, and was finding herself going to Ponyville.

Or what it seems like Ponyville.

Everything seems off. The used-to-be happy town now manifests a very dark aura around its atmosphere. Everything seems to be coated with some kind of nightmarish feel. It left her quite surprised and curious.

And what made it more questionable was the very weird 'thingy' she saw flying through the darkened skies.

This 'thingy' resembled an aireon, only it has sharper and bigger wings, fangs that are not like a normal aireon, and to cut it short it looked like a dark, upgraded version of the species.

With curiosity boiling up inside her, she flew up to the creature and stopped right in front of her. She blankly stared at the creature with her red and blue hues and flew close to her so that their noses were almost touching. She took in every detail of her as she tilted her head slightly to the right. She didn't want to say anything. She wanted to know how the creature would react.

((I'm talking about Silver by the way, if I made any mistakes about her appearance, please point them out))

((Awesome! Spot on!))

"Whatever, Silver he's pretty handsome though, " The new Silver squabbled with the original in her mind as she kept flying.

"Gag! Just because he made you doesn't mean you have to go goo goo eyes and snout over hooves for him!" They thought fougt each other before being stopped apruptly by a pegasi. Another one!

The pegasus starred at Silver and got real close- too close. With a front hoof kick into the pegasi side, she hit the pony out of her way like a tiny fly. "Next time I'll drain her," she thought to herself, licking her fangs and laughing. The Arieon continued flying.

"Help ME!" Silver broke through the Nightmare and called out to the poor pegasus.

Cory thought she was interesting.

Cory thought she was unique.

Cory thought she was...cool.

She stumbled slightly to the side as she felt herself getting kicked. She regain her balance quickly and stared at her again as if nothing ever happened. She kept her distance as she took in her body language.

Licking of fangs, laughing maniacally...

She might pose a threat...But then again, she might know what's going on here.

But then, out of her 'evil' aura, a scream of help emerged. She slightly tilted her head to the side. What was that all about? All of her reactions and bodily ques all point to her clearly being in the dark side. Even if you just stare at her appearance, its pretty obvious. So, where did this sudden cry for help come from? Feeling her chest ache a little, she badly wanted to know.

The threat is still there though, and she is clearly stronger than our little Cory. So, pouncing on her wont be such a good idea, It might lose her trust and it might stray her away even further from getting answers. Maybe a simple statement would help, but she's going to have to do it in a way that wont pose her a threat.

"...What are you?..." She asked in her usual monotone voice.

"...Do you work for somepony?..." She added.

She approached with caution as she flew closer to her, getting ready to dodge swiftly to any signs of attack. Due to her small and light form, dodging wouldn't be a problem. Maybe she can meet her leader? She still has to know.

"Captain, take a batallion and sweep the town leave no stone unturned. No home unsearched." Skarr said as he began looking through the books in the Library. The element who lived there was especially tuned to magic. And therefore could have tomes and books on powerful magical items or beings.

Starting in her room his red magic coated the room making any items she had touched with her magic glow with a faint purple light.

Silver just laughed. "Who am I? Nightmare Silver, I was part of littoe Lunas Guard," she said this mockingly and then raised her eyebrow.

"I in fact was turned and created by my leader into this,"

"Ohhh PLEASE! Pegasi! Help me, she's a Nightmare CREATED by me!" The original Silver spoke up, her original voice sounding over.

"Shut up, Silver," She laughed again and dived downwards, with such speed in her new body he could pull of a sonic rain boom. But she didn't

Cory just stared blankly at her while she spoke. She took in all the personality changes that happened as she did. This is very perplexing. She understood that that the 'original' Silver needed help, but how is she supposed to do this? She blinked as she racked up a plan. If she's going to know what happened to Ponyville, she's going to have to ask the main guy himself. Most likely, the 'leader' or how Nightmare Silver referred to him as.

Then, a thought emerged from her brain. Something that's quite dangerous, but very...satisfying to know. Her eyes widened ever so slightly as she replayed the thought that intruded her head.

"...I wonder what MY nightmare version is like..."

She blinked again and looked down as Nightmare Silver dived down. If her calculations serves her right, due to her upgraded body, she may be able to attempt a Sonic Rainboom. But due to some complications, it wasn't achievable. She had a feeling this Nightmare Silver was up to something, so she landed on a nearby building roof and stood on the center. If she's gonna try attacking from below, she couldn't. And if she tries attacking in any other direction, it would give her more than enough time to dodge it. No matter how fast it is.

She looked down at her and tilted her head to the side, a common sign of curiosity.

"...Where is your leader?..."

"...Can I see him?..." She asked, all her senses heightened just in case.

Just then, she noticed some guards, it seemed like. If her deductions serve her right, they might be on the 'bad side' too. They look they are scoping the place. They most probably be looking for ponies who are still left out here.

"...Should I be worried about them?..." She accidentally asked out loud.

Nightmare Silver laughed. "Very," The original Silver then managed to gain control of her body and the voice.

"Guards, this ones mine," Silver growled and they scurried off. "Well, I'm Silver the Original pne, what's your name?" Silver was loosing energy by fighting the Nightmare for controp but kept it up. She flew up next to the pegasi, her form looming over.

----

Luna looked out upon the city of Canterlot. "Sister, what has happened to our dear Twilight Sparkle?" Luna grew worried as the sun started to set but not too fast.

Tia looked out, next to her sister. "I do not kn..."

"Your highness! A small group pf guards returned from Ponyville, in need of medical attention, "

Before long the few alive guards explained ehat had happened to Ponyville. Each sister had an angered unmoving face, like it a s carved out of granite.

"Nightmares? Sister? I'll go!" Luna ahouted before her sister looked at her. Sadness.

((Someone can be Tia too!))

Cory's red and blue hues looked up as she stared at the aireon before her. She blinked and opened her wings. She shook them a bit and closed them again. Where did the Nightmare version go? This seems like a different personality, can she be trusted? She did help me with the guards. Not that I needed help anyways.

"...Cory..." She said simply to her question.

She noticed exhaustion coming from her. She must be fighting against the other personality, most likely the bad one. She tilted her head to the side slightly, never letting her hues leave her target.

"...How can I help you?..."

Abby popped her head out of the small cave and looked around. She saw an areon and a pegasus talking. "Another aireon?" she asked herself "Dont they know whats going on?" She stepped out of the cave and slowly flew over to them careful to not be seen by the nightmare guards. She landed beside the white pegasus. "What are you doing here? We need to leave." she said to the both

Silver stumbled slightly before she regained balance. "My name is Silver Moon, Lunas Guard, I need help!" Silver smiled before the guards turned to them.

"Get them!" They shouted and flew at Silver.

"Stand down, I haven't fed!" She hissed, saving Cory and Abby and stepping forwards. Luckily it passed as the guards realises who she was.

"Come on, to the old castle in the Everfree," Silver flew off and awaited the pegasi and Arieon to follow.

-----

Luna had auited up in armour as did her sister. They noth stepped onto their chariots awaiting their pegasus to take off. "This mere creature will not stand up to our forces!"

Luna paused for a thought. Or me.

Celestia watched her sister, wariness in her eyes. Before Lunas guard spoke up. "Silver Moon has been spotted, she's been...captured, " Luna raised her eyebrow then crossed them as did her sister. What were they up against.

(Anyone thinking of like Silly Filly Studios with Luna vs Sombra??? ;) )

(( YUSH!!!))

Venus flew out and saw the princesses in a chariot. They were dressed in armor. Venus gasped and flew over as quickly as she could "NO! YOU CAN'T GO! HE'LL PUT YOU IN A NIGHTMARE LIKE SILVER!" she yelled terrified

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abby shifted uncomfortably but unfolded her wings and gently flew over to Silver. "Your not gonna kill me or take me to your leader are you?" she asked

Archived