Equestrian Spec Ops (2 spots open)

RainbowDaringDash

The nurse jumped she had expected a lot of things from Blackwing but just calmly asking if he could leave was not one of them

“ummm yes your pilot .. she stayed there the whole time with you … here let me take one set of vitals and we can get you out of here.”

The nurse quickly took his blood pressure and pulse, and carefully gently stuck a thermometer in his mouth.  When she was done she started to unhook him and simply asked him to sigh some papers.

“o.k, your free to go. Your squad is likely in the hotel across the street.” she said as she handed him a pair of patient pajamas so he had something to wear till he got his stuff.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Doc replied “I’m fine. I’m kind of going to miss being able to hold and carry you all the time.” He said hoping that didn’t come off as creepy or misogynistic to her.

He figured they would probably need to start getting her ready in the operation room and said “hey come on lets hurry up and get it over with then” he helped her up and got the crutch. He began helping her and heading to the hospital.

He stopped and wrote his cell phone number on the note he left earlier for Parry and brought her outside.

The air was warm and clean it was quite nice

America is my home .. always will be; but I love Japan, ill have to show you  everyone else around when you get out.”

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Black sighed in relief when he was told he could go. Instead of putting what he was given on, he walked over to the pilot, who woke up as he apprached her. The look on her face was one thatshowed she was glad he was fine. 

"I got the stuff you wanted, here" She said to him, handing him a bag. When Black opened it up, inside was a black shirt, a black jacket, and black jeans. He put them on, taking care not to injure his shoulder more while doing it. Once he was dressed, he looked at the pilot.

"Il see you later" He said to her, then procedded to walk out of the hospital, and goign towards the appartmant.

Midnight giggled "Well, if you're lucky, I might let you..." She had a giant smile on her face, before realizing how much like flirting it sounded like and blood flushed her face. She followed Doc as he helped her get down to the street from the hotel. The weather outside was pleasant, warm. She listened to Doc talk about America.

"I'd love to go there sometime, and I think going with you would be, umm, fun. Assuming we're not being shot at" she laughed, thinking it would be amusing to compete against American snipers. But the thought quickly exited her head.

The pair went towards the hospital, but she spotted someone coming out of the hospital! Blackwing! So he was fine, which she was happy for. But she had her operation, she didn't have time to chat. She waved at him "Come on Doc, my surgeon isn't gunna wait forever"

Doc nodded to Blackwing “hotel’s over there, we’ll see you in a bit”

Doc smiled and Gave midnight a nod “were are just ; so much alike.” He said agreeing with what she said

He got her into the hospital and lead her to the elevator

“so … what are you going to do when we get you fixed up?  Are you going to try to go back to your unit or something?” he asked as they went up

when they got up  and out of  the elevator they went to the desk and a old nurse smiled at them waving saying “doctor heart is waiting we get you ready now” she said with a thick Japanese accent.

Doc nodded and followed her to the room they had the nurse tossed a hospital gown on the bed and she asked

“you husband help you get dressed?”

Doc blushed and helped sit her down on the bed trying to find the right words to say as he moved

Blackwing noticed the two moving towards the hospital, and his guess, was that it was time for Midnight to get her surgery done. It was the most likeyl thing, as he had just exited surgery himself. He noticed Doc and Mids were a bit happier then most people would be going to do that, though he dismissed it as he walked towards the hotel. He knew he needed to get something for Doc, but he did not have any idea what. It took him a good five minutes to actually get upstairs, and to the table where a closed laptop was their. He sighed, knowing he was alone. If Mids and Doc had not been their, he might have had a lot worse then a bullet through the shoulder. After thinking for a good five minutes, he decided something. 

Opening the laptop, he powered it on, waiting for it to load up before logging in. He went straight to where he could request weapons to be delivered to his armory. He looked through, noticing a good armalite green rifle mount lazier. From their, he looked around more, noticing a Scorpion SMG. He put a order on both of them, hopping they would be their by the time they get their next mission. Just as he was about to close the laptop, he noticed a MEU. He also put a order on that, deciding to try and get a better side arm.  After he was done, he sighed, closing it and laying down on the bed in his room. He closed his eyes, deciding to get some rest.

Doc asked her what she planned to do, and if she was honest with herself, she had no idea. If she went back to her old unit, then everything was gone. She doubted she'd see Doc or the others again, she'd go solo and live alone like she had before. Normally that wouldn't have been an issue, but now everything was different. She didn't want to leave Doc, she wanted to be in his team. But her commander wouldn't approve of it, doing what she was doing, was almost daring them to label her a traitor.

"I...I don't know, if I go back to them, then, it'll probably be the last you see of me. They won't let me just go and see you, or join you, as I wish. I'm their..." She stopped herself, she had nearly called herself 'their personal assassin', which was very correct, but would probably rub Doc the wrong way. The military shouldn't use assassins, but then again, her division had no limits.  

Entering the hospital, Midnight followed the nurse into the operation room, but turned bright red as the nurse insinuated Doc to be her husband?!!?! "W-wait! NO, it's not like that, he's not..." She shook her head many times, trying to come up with the right words, but failing and looking over at Doc for help. 

Doc lightly laughed a bit and after Midnight was set down doc showed the nurse his fingers which had no ring.

“friend; special friend”

the nurse barely understood and shook her head giving them some privacy

Doc turned to midnight “uhhh you need help getting un-dressed or do you think you can do it?”

Midnight glanced over at Doc at his offer of helping her get changed. She picked up the hosiptial gown "I swear, if you get any smoother..." she muttered to herself before shaking her head "I'm good, I am old enough to get changed and put a bullet in your ass for that one" she said playfully as she moved behind a screen and got changed.

Emerging, she felt like a twit. The gown looked stupid on her, and it was a size too small which she didn't like, as it made a particular point of mentioning her small chest. "So I just lie down on this bed, and then it's operation time?"

Doc laughed; glad she wasn’t getting too soft on him, and was shapr and snarky as ever.

She came out in the gown and while she looked very nice Doc’s corpman sensed kicked in, she was a patient first to him now.

“yeah pretty much, every hospital bed has wheels and lock so they’ll just drive your bed to the o.r and get started … more than likely the surgeon or one of his corpman will come in and talk to you a bit first.”

As he said that someone wearing surgical scrubs emerged from the door

speak of the devil, hi how can we help you?”

the pony wearing scrubs had a small lunch box sized kit and a small clip board they waved there hand in a friendly gesture while saying

“hi I’m Lieutenant Numb I’m going to be your anesthesiologist, today!”

he took his hand out for Doc and midnight to shake and began to explain

“your surgery is going to start soon, shouldn’t take long the drug that were going to be giving you is propothol, which is a very good one, a lot of people get the first dose and they feel just like they got a good night’s sleep!”

he was very calm and nice. He reminded Doc of his days where he was working in a hospital himself.

Part of Doc did kind of miss taking care of patient and sharpening his medical skills and working in a nice hospital

But he enjoyed being a recon corpman much better

Once done with all that the L.T pulled out a small lunchbox sized kit and pulled out the items for an i.v

Holding the needle in his hand he said

“all right were not going to give you anything until we get you in the room but this is just to get the access now.” He said brining the need closer to midnight

Midnight watched as a corpsman entered, explaining to her what was going to happen with her surgery. While she could react violently, she opted not to. This needed to happen and would happen one way or another, she might as well accept it. She turned to Doc, he didn't look nervious so it was surely safe to be used on her.

"Well, I suppose its safe" She moved onto the bed, lying down straight with her eyes closed, and became ever so aware of her small body as she felt tiny on it "...I swear, if anyone makes a comment about how this bed is bigger than I am, i'll ram it down your throat..." She said coldly before looking over at Doc "Also, while i'm in surgery...Can I ask a favour? While this is happening, can you do some shopping for me? I could use some clothes...." She held out her card for him "But....No dumb looking dresses, only nice ones, and if its pink, we'll find out if your insides are pink..."

She smiled at Doc, it needed to be done and she was going to be out of it. Might as well call in a favour if she could.

Doc was glad and surprised she wasn’t running around trying to kill everyone.

He could tell she was uncomfortable, but was putting up with it anyway.  

And then she asked to get some clothes, which made sense.

He took the card and couldn’t help but laugh for a second and said “sure, I’ll try I can find something your size. But, Be nice to the doctors there just trying to help. No threats or stabbing” he said with a bit of a chuckle

The anesthesiologist and someone else who just came in and began wheeling Midnight’s bed towards the O.R

Doc still had the scrubs on and blended right in; he walked with her a bit his hand on top of hers

“after this we can get some sushi or something, something good, Japan has all sorts of nice good  food, REAL food”

someone opened a set of doors and as they walked in where the whole team was there.

He leaned forward “o.k these guys are good they know what there doing, you’ll be fine. I’m going to sneak out now; o.k.

As soon as he stepped back some of the doctors and corpman began handing her forms explaining what was going to happen.

Doc smiled and walked right out, after a brief talk with the desk clerk to call him when they were done. He headed down some stairs and headed down them swiftly walking out of the hospital and back to his room. Once inside he took a quick shower he came out and put on some jeans and a blue running shirt

ahhh feels nice to wear civies again” he said to himself he then noticed the door next to him was ajar, was blackwing in there?

He walked over and knocked on it, the slight force of the knock causing it to slowly crawl open

When black heard the door open, he woke up, and reached under his pillow. From under it, he pulled out a knife. He held it close, then silently slipped out of the bed he was in, and hid behind a corner, waiting for whoever was their, to come in. 

*Flashback*

Blackwing was laying on the ground, covered in mud. Around him, corpses of his fellow soldiers. Their was three of them, two privates, and his CO. He was on his back, blood soaking his leg, and his chest. Around him, were people who were not his teamates. They were other forces. Black heard gunshots, and then he noticed two people coming up to him. Black stered, alerting them to where he was, adn the fact he was alive. As they pulled him off the ground, Black cried out in pain. They placed a gun to his head, and black thought it was over. At that moment, he knew that he had no chance of survivial, but he wpuld prefer to go out fighting. He used his left arm to pull his knife from the sheath where he kept it. The two soldiers just laughed, thinking he was to weak to do anything with it. Then, with one harsh slice, and a throw, he was dropped onto the ground.

*end*

Black shook his head, trying to clear it of those memories, but was not having much luck

Doc poked his head in and shrugged was it blackwing’s room was it someone who just left the door open.  He stuck his head into the room and saw it was empty to his knowledge.

"heloo"

Dock withdrew  but his curiosity got the better of him and he stepped in the room looking around

He saw a bag and fought the urge to take stuff from it.

“huh” he said. He questioned himself. Who leaves there room open with there valuables around like this! he put his hands in his pockets and shrugged "he wouldn't steal from whoever this was but he might take a towel or something harmless

Black heard someone coming in, though he stayed still. As he heard im enter the bedroom, Black gripped the knife harder, holding it by the blade so he could throw it. He waited, not doing anything until he heard him stop moving. He took a deep breath, coming around the corner and throwing the knife. He noticed it was Doc, but he was to far through the quick throw to stop it. He managed to change the tradgectory so it went past his head, maybe cutting some hair off, but he made sure it wuldnt hit him. Black had to hope Doc now, didnt try and be smart, if he did, he might get hismelf hurt.

“#@#$!”

Doc didn’t know what was going on but he lunged jumping pas the bed grabbing for a gun that wasn’t there!

He grabbed his knife and unfolded  sweat running down his head. He looked around and saw a knife sticking out of the wall

Someone tried to throw a knife at him, to Doc this meant 2 things. Either someone was trying to kill him or someone was trying to kill Blackwing and ambush him in his room

Doc picked up the bed and using it as cover threw it’s hard as he could across the room and jumped up chasing after it ready to stab whoever was trying to ambush him

The bed was probably 100 pounds, light but it would hopefully stun whoever was after him allowing Doc a quick stab

Black stayed behind the corner as Doc went crazy, puling his own knife out and using his bed as cover. When the bed was shoved out where he was, it hit the wall he was behind, making a loud noise as it collided with the wall. Black silently sighed, coming aroudn the corner. 

"Careful, i might not miss next time"

He says to Doc, his voice ice cold as normal. He looked like he didnt even care that his bed had just been throw nacross the room, and he didnt. He walked over to Doc, hopping that he wouldnt attack him out of fear, or rage.

Doc stopped mid charge when he heard BlackWing’s voice

blackwing?” he shouted as he lowered his knife and flipped it closed.

Whats wrong with you man! You leave your door open and you attack me out of nowhere! What the heck do you expect me to do!”  he shouted

he calmed down and pointed an open palm at Blackwing

look sorry I came into your room, the door was open I dint know what was going on, I’m sorry if I triggered something inside you BUT YOU THREW A BLADE AT ME!”

Doc was trying to control his anger. Half of him wanted to pummel the gryphon to teach him a lesson, the other wanted to sit him down and tell him how bad he felt .. the anger side of him was winning right now

He could tell Doc was mad. Black just pushed it aside, walking over to the blade in the wall and pulling it out, and then throwing it into the desk that was next to where his bed used to be. He walked up to Doc, patting him on the shoulder. 

"Yeah, i did. But, i didnt know it was you, if i hadnt noticed, you would not be mad at me right now, instead, you would be on the ground" 

Black said, ice cold, and staring at Doc with a gaze that said 'drop it'. Black then walked towards the cubord, opening it and pulling out his black leather jacket, which he had taken off before he had fallen asleep, and put it on. 

"So, why did you come in here?"

Something about what Blackwing said and how he said it really boiled Doc’s nerves!

He took a step back and threw the bed almost back into place; and shouted “IF YOU HADNT JUST CAME OUT OF SURGURY I WOULD OF THROWN YOU INTO THE WALL FOR THAT!”

Doc watched as he put on the jacket pausing trying to find words that weren’t threats or swears

IN MY $#@ MARINE CORP IF YOU MAKE A MISTAKE YOU OWN UP TO IT! I HAVE PTSD …WE ALL DO YOU! THINK YOU’RE THE ONLY ONE WHO CANT GET HIS HEAD OU OF THE FIGHT!”

this was Doc’s way of reaching out to him his way of saying “I know how you feel” but he didn’t expect much from the thin gryphon except maybe another condescending comment 

what was it about this guy, his always silent attitude, doc thought he was a quit guy but Blackwing was just a box of mysteries

Parry was bolting down the hall with his large knife as he had heard the yelling and commotion and as he reached Blackwings room he saw Doc and Blackwing eyeing each other and then Doc said "I know how you feel".

"What in F$&@ing hell is going on, can't you see some people are sleeping"

Parry said face red with anger.

"Why did you even attack each other and who started it?"

Parry huffed and put his knife away and crossed his arms.

"This was completely unnecessary you know,"

He paused then scratched his face and continued.

"I could hear you from the bathroom down the hall!"

He pointed down the hall and then pointed at Blackwing and Doc.

"I thought better of you two, and now your both acting like children fighting over a total!!"

Parry had thought better of them now he was mad he respected both of them as he would a family member and now he could see that someone was unstable in the group, Parry backed up to the doorway so if either Blackwing or Doc attacked he could easily escape.

"I just want to know why this unnecessary act was performed I don't want you two killing each other think about it think about what you would lose".

Then Parry sighed and relaxed against the door frame, waiting for one of them to answer.

Black just listened to Doc going off at him. He knew that Doc had issues with a lot of things, and right now, he could tell it was the fact that he had thrown a knife at him, and that he had almost lost his life. Black also could tell that this was not really Doc talking, it was the stress he had just been through. After Doc was done on his little rampage, Black stared at him. His gaze was telling doc not to push him. Due to the flashback Black had just experienced, he was a little more on edge then normal, and he wanted to not let this get out of hand.

"If your looking to vent, then lets spar. If not, then drop it, and follow me to either a weapon range, or to a nearby martial arts academy" Black said to doc. Black was currently dressed in Black jeans, a black leather jacket and a black shirt underneath it. He picked up his knife off the desk, opening the desk afterwards and pulling out his sheath for the blade. He holstered the blade, then strapped it to his leg, where he could grab it if needed. He walked towards the door, then Parry came in, yelling. 

"Get used to this kind of stuff, and a word of advice. Don't get in the way of anyone fighting, unless you have to" Black said to him, his voice as cold, and heartless as it always was. He acted like he could care less what happened, though if you were good at picking up vibes of people, you could tell he was just wanting to get back into a place he could feel alive again.

Doc listened to Blackwing and was surprised by his answer

“hmmp” he let out a closed mouth laugh and then let out a loud hearty one

“HAHA … I like you Blackwing you’re a real man, but don’t think that means I’m going to go easy on ya.”

Doc had met a lot of people who talked and did just that they pretended there problems and the problems of the whole world could be summed up with  a couple words. Blackwing knew; he got it, got him. he was still a box of mysteries but he knew he could always be open with him even if it was something negative like anger

Doc let out another closed mouth laugh more of shock than actual laughter he passed by Perry saying

“wanna come?”

he stopped by his room and grabbed a pair of shorts then followed Blackwing out the hotel

he checked his phone for any progress on Midnight but there was still nothing

Blackwing ignored the complement completely, as well as the part after it. In truth, Black was completely ignoring him right now. His mind was racing with the flashbacks from that mission. One particular image kept flashing in his mind, one that somehow seemed familiar with what had happened on the mission that had put them in here. The flash, as well as the accuracy of the shots fired combined with the speed, it seemed familiar. That moment kept replaying in his mind, drowning out all other thoughts. He was subconsciously walking out of his room, going towards the exit, though as he was half way through the hall, he tripped over. Hitting the ground on his back. Black swore, sitting up, then getting up. 

Why is that moment coming up?

Black thought, that had been ages ago, so why was it coming back to him now?

Black walked out of the apartment, walking towards the academy. He had come here before, the place had a weapon range for a lot of weapons, though their were some more unconventional weapons, not just firearms. They also had world class trainers their, in lots of different forms, blades, martial arts, pole arms, they even had a specialist in climbing, and parkor type stuff. A lot of the more unconventional stuff was owned by the trainers, and they were picky about who they let use them. Though Black was already allowed to, Doc might have to prove his worth.

Although Black had never really been to Tokyo, he knew this school. It was a international academy, and from what he knew, nearly all his old trainers, ahd moved to the Tokyo branch of it. He hopped it was true, because if it was not, then he might have to do the tests again, which he did not enjoy the first imte.

Doc followed Blackwing off base and thru the busy streets.

The Japanese city had huge skyscrapers filled with all sorts of different things, giant billboards, food carts.

the people of Japan never ceased to surprise him. men dressed in fine business suites passed out drunk in bus stops. Women dressed up as strange folk figures, giving them selves weird deformities. Men who looked and dressed like women …

It was weird, different; but Doc loved it. It was a beautiful culture. Despite all his cynicism and anger. Doc had the heart of a explorer.

He walked thru the city a head taller than everyone, following Blackwing.

His normal gait was standing upright with clenched, fists eyes narrow watching everyone and everything. He was surprised Blackwing knew the way. And followed him for a while.

He lost track of time till they crossed a street and walked along a park like area till they found a large wall. They walked along it till they found the entrance.

To Doc’s surprise the place was distinctly Chinese instead of Japanese. Once past the large arch way which was decorated with dragons; they were in a wide open space, within the walls.

Doc was impressed this place was a practical modern day training ground. Most of it was outside  with a bunch of small building for storage.   There were pits filled with soft gravel for fighting as well as target ranges for various weapons.

it was mostly empty but from afar they could hear people grunting and training, loud kiyahs and screams of pain

Doc looked around impressed, he didn’t know places like this were legal in Japan. They approached the main building which was more like a temple which had a

HUGE statue of a golden dragon slithering around it staring into whoever would dare enter starring at them with deep blue eyes which almost seemed to follow you as you came closer.

Doc starred into the blue eyes for a minute, a bit lost admiring the ceramic beast before turning back Blackwing

"nice place."

The whole walk over their, Black had been distracted, and it was quite obvious, which was very unnormal for him. Once they arrived, Black snapped out of it, glad to be in a area where he could at least feel like he was back in the field. He knew he needed to train a bit more, and this was his chance to do it.

"This is a branch of where i used to train. You, might need to prove yourself against one of the teachers before they let you use the more....skillful stuff" Black said to Doc, walking straight into the main building. Once inside, he looked around. In deed, some of his old trainers were here. Inside, their twenty different trainers, though four were distinctive among them. One was wearing pure white, and along the side of his left sleeve a image of a well sown in fist, that had a dragon head. He was Blacks martial arts instructor. Another, was dressed in only black jeans. He had no shirt on, though along the side of the Black jeans, sown in white their was what looked like someone standing still, white leaves viable right next to him. He was blacks agility trainer. The third, was dressed fully in blue. Along his whole chest jacket, a bright scarlet red bow was sown their, and on his back, a dark black quiver, sown in expertly. The last of the quad, was fully purple, and on his right arm, a picture of a golden dragon, followed by a black shadow, was their. He was the master of the academy Black had trained at in his home. 

"If you want to prove yourself, talk to the one in white" Black said, walking towards his one in blue.

Archived