Equestrian Spec Ops (2 spots open)

RainbowDaringDash

Midnight listened to Blackwings plan, and if she was honest with herself, she didn't like it. It relied too much on chance, chance on the drone working perfectly and the new guy. She didn't want to take that chance, plus what if the factory wouldn't give her the shots she needed? Plus if something went wrong, two of them against an entire base with her fire support, they'd be dead. The prison itself gave her plenty of places to set up shop, meaning she could go in with them. She didn't like the idea of being left on the outside, even if it meant she and Doc would be perfectly safe.... Wait, was Blackwing trying to keep her and Doc Out of the fight? Was that it? The whole plan seemed to do that, despite that Doc was able to keep up with Blackwing before.

"Too risky. What if there are no clear shots? We can't take that risk, if the alarm goes off, you'll need as much help in there as possible and the factory is too far away. Besides, I..I can do it by myself, the drone isn't hard to operate. If I get into a good position in the Prison, one of the guard towers preferably, then i'll be able to provide all the cover fire we need, plus if we get noticed, I'll be able to provide proper fire support" She looked over at doc, raising an eyebrow with a face that looked like it was threatening him to the untrained eye, but she hoped Doc could read her face and would go along with her "You're with me in this right Doc? It's too risky to throw Blackwing and this new guy in there without any backup"

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doc starred at the map and nodded

she has a massive amount of forest in the way of her shots, besides Blackwing think about it, your more than likely going to need to carry one or more of these guys, I mean you saw the video they kneecapped one of them. so yeah .. your going to need help I’m with the sniper on this one. what else can we do?” he asked either of them

Blackwing listened to the other two, noticing Midnight might have caught onto his little plan. He listened to her carefully, making sure to note what she said. A idea formed in his head. The factory was a little far away, though once inside, their was no way she would be able to help him. He thought carefully, then decided to suggest something similar to last time.

"Alright, since you two seem to want to be closer to me, then a new plan" He says, grabbing the requsition sheet. He rubbed off the MSR, knowing now, it would just be useless. He wrote in its place, four M18 Claymores. He then put the sheet back on the table, lookign around.

"We will drop at the highway, once we land, we trek towards the first checkpoint. We need to take it out without the alarm being sent, but, theirs a risk. We need to find a way to keep the checkpoint looking official. If possible, Star, if you could send with us maybe three more operatives to hold position at that checkpoint, make it seem legit. After that, we need to try and get past the next Checkpoints. I would love to hear some suggestions on how to do it. But, once we are past them, we split up. Im not letting anyone be alone, so Doc, you are going to be with Midnight, i will go with the rookie. Midnight, whichever tower will give you the best field of view, i want you two in it" Black said to the group, then turned to Star

"Do you have any local contacts that can help us out?"

Midnight listened to Blackwings new plan, which made more sense to the Sniper. Getting them inside the base, would give them plently of options if something went wrong. Letting out an audible sigh, she ran her hand through her hair briefly before nodding her head.

"That makes sense. The first checkpoint is easy picking for me, and the second should be fine if we get a car or borrow their uniforms, either works. After that point, we bluff our way through. Me and Doc will find an elevated position, using the drone to get vision. Once that's done, you and the other guy go in. If you hit trouble, Doc will go in and come in behind them. Honestly, we'll figure that out before we go in. But I feel like that's a fine plan for now, and worst comes to worst, we adapt it on the fly. The drone should give us the cover and vision to move without being caught"

If they could get in the base, that made a disaster easier, but also meant they had most their firepower in the base and not outside it. Plus, if Blackwing was trying to shield her and Doc, her question was why. She made a mental note to keep a closer eye on him, but hopefully didn't think too much about it.

Doc looked at the map and listened to both of them and shook his head

"I would say just skip the checkpoints and come in  and out thru this little clearing " he said pointing to a yellow spot in the woods. he stopped, Blackwing and Midnight both greed on a plan he figured he best shut his mouth and go with it; or else they would be there all night.

he was still holding the dossiers of there potential new team members.  sat down and looked to them both "all right we have a plan, we know what gear we want, we just need to pick our guys" he opened up the folder, and spread out the profiles, "lets all read them and see if we can find someone we agree on"

he took a few sheets and began to read saying "lets put the 'definitly no' pile here" he said putting the first sheet there while still reading he spoke out "Blackwing, Midnight what do you want our squad name to be?"

Midnight looked over at Doc as he started suggesting an idea, before falling silent. As much as she wanted to hear it, they had to hurry up! They didn't have time to argue and she had a feeling Blackwing was going to be difficult, though why she was having this feeling, she wasn't sure. In any regards, she made a quick mental note about the yellow spot in the woods, before putting it to the back of her mind. Seeing Doc spread the folder out, she sat down and picked up the first few. One of the mentioned troops rung a bell, and after a pause, she shrugged it off and threw it straight to where Doc had implied a 'no' pile. She wasn't taking a complete rookie unless she could help it.

"A..squad name?" She glanced down at the table, she'd always been part of the same 'squad' name. Suppose it was truly time to break herself free from her old life, from Fireteam Lucifier. "Umm...How about..., well, i'm not sure. These names, well, i'm not really sure I should be the one to say what it becomes" She picked up another folder, quickly scanning over someone else, shaking her head and placing it to the side.

Doc shrugged when Midnight said she didn’t care about the team name, he wanted to go with some simple and professional, but remembered she didn’t like his call sign of Delta Delta/ disgruntled Doc.  Speaking of call signs he didn’t like the one Blackwing suggested …savior.

Doc knew real hero’s worked with them, learned from them. he wasn’t a hero, he tried his best to be one, but he knew he never would.

He would stick with Doc, it was his name thru and thru simple quick and to the point,

Doc put a profile in the ‘maybe’ stack it seemed all the marines they had ready were either greener than grass or had some problems that wouldn’t mess well with there team. He looked at a new one, he looked at the profile picture, she had a surprising look to her, reddish brown fur, black mane which was in a big tight bun, and she had beautiful pink eyes …but of course not as beautiful as midnights, to Doc Midnight was the most beautiful woman in the world.

Despite her colorful eyes, though she had a hard face like she had seen it all or was ready to see it all.

Doc looked at her profile and read thru, he spoke aloud “hmmm, radio operator, weapons expert, efficient with the 240 golf. Check her out; I think she’ll do fine.” He put her profile in the center and his mind now free to focus on team name he think, he looked at midnight staring at her. Her self chosen call sigh of angel made him want to go with a another biblical name for the team, also it would fit as the opposite of her horrible previous team, just thinking about them and what they did to her made him angry. But he shook his head and re-organized his thoughts

He though … reapers? Maybe?

what do you think of the reapers for a team name, the angels of death, invisible your whole life until the very moment of death; Just like us to the enemy?”

Midnight was continuing to look through profiles, but none of them jumped out at her. Nothing interesting, just the same old average troop or ones she wouldn't trust to carry her rifle, yet alone place her life with. That's when she heard Doc mention he'd found one. Quickly picking it up, she looked over it. First thing she looked at was the picture, despite the seemingly innocent face, she could see the lines of combat in there. She would do, in fact, if she was going in with Blackwing, she'd been keeping him safe with what she was offering on the table. Midnight nodded her head, oblivious to Doc staring at her before passing the document onto the table near Blackwing.

"I agree. She should do fine" was all she felt like saying. After all, what else was there to say? Doc liked her, hopefully professionally, Midnight hoped. She had what they would need, what else was there to say other than she should fit in perfectly.

Midnight forgot about the needing a teamname, and looked at Doc with slight surprise when he mentioned Reapers as a team name. Reapers, angels of death huh? Midnight couldn't tell if he was calling it this for her sake, after her recent reveal, or not. But it sounded nice, a lot better than being 'Lucifier' or 'Little Devils'. Midnight nodded her head to it, sitting down in a chair.

"Is that everything we need to do now?"

Blackwing listened to the two talking about both a nickname for their squad, and the new member. Mostly though, he was focusing on the task at hand. Due to his decision to do his best to keep the two out of the main fights, he ad to go in with someone he didn't know, someone who might not be up to the task, someone who if he needed serious backup, he might not be able to rely on. Black shook his head, looking over the plan again. He reached over, grabbing the requisitions sheet. He checked it, making sure that he had what he needed, which, he did. He threw the sheet over to the others, callign out 

"Make sure you have what you need brought over, we should start prepping soon"

After he said that to them, he walked over, goign through the list of people. He recognized a few of them, which he immediately put in the disregarded pile. The ones he didn't, he put their any way. None of them had the specs they would need. 

After a couple minutes of that, Blackwing just spoke out, at least wanting to try to ad to the team name idea.

"Ghosts. Technically, thats what we are, because where we go, no trace can be left behind, no trail to follow" 

Black afterwards, sighed, walking over to the wall, leaning against it. In truth, he knew that even with how good they all were, this would be one of the hardest things he had ever done. 

One of...

He reminded himself, knowing that if he gave up now, it was already over. As he thought that thought, yet another flashback came to him, the same one. He once again saw the flash, then felt the searing pain of a bullet peircing through his chest, and the harsh thud as he dropped to the ground. This time it was different though, instead of nearly being passed out, Black was fully awake, everything as bright as it were at day. He noticed the ledge where the sniper was, and even from where he was, he could tell it was a female. He noticed her uniform was filthy, though their was a insignia on the side of it, one that he couldn't see just clearly yet. 

Next thing he heard was two flashes, and the memory faded. Black, during this, had fallen down the wall, his eyes shot open, and his breathing was heavy. Sweat pouring down the front of his face as he shook his head, trying to clear it. 

Midnight had resigned herself to sitting in the chair, trying to think of any other items she might have forgotten. She had the armour penetration rounds, honestly, she was considering picking up another submachine gun, incase something happened to her Mp5. Picking up the sheet, she tried to think what else could be useable. While nothing came to mind as she put the sheet down, she made a mental note how it looked to forge it later. Having a sheet like that could be very useful in the future. How knows what they'd need in the times to come.

Looking over at Doc, she was thinking of something to say, when she spotted Blackwing almost collapsing onto the ground. She quickly sat up, looking over at doc "Doc..I think something's wrong with blackwing" she said, pointing over to him. What was his issue, was it a medical condition, or something else? From the distance, she couldn't tell. Standing up, she walked over to him before croutching down next to him, putting a hand roughtly on his shoulder.

"What's the matter? Something injury...no" She leaned back, taking a good look on his face. It wasn't something that was happening to him now, but something that did happen before. Something tormenting him now, but what?

Doc set the papers up to hand in to Star everything was finalized they now had plenty of time to prep

He turned to Midnight as she spoke then to Blackwing

“…your right @#$. all right hand these in to Special agent star, ill see what I can do with Blackwing”

he handed her the packet and made sure his fingers lingered on hers.

But then he stood up and slowly approached Blackwing.  He knew the look hat he had, doc himself had it at times, he had seen others just like it, and he had seen others with it worse.

blackwing … Im not going to lose you to this, we need you. .. let me help you. … I’ve lost friends; seen them with the same look you have now. Don’t think you can just walk it off and the pain, the flashbacks will just go away because trust me IT WONT”

Black's breathing went back to normal, his mind clearing. He understood what Doc was saying, though Blackwing knew that this, was different then some people would get. Something had triggered these flashbacks, and until Black was either in the field, or he found out, they would keep, coming, back. He was quick to stand up once it had faded back into the depths of his mind, and he was back to his normal self. 

What is triggering these

Black stared at Doc, and Midnight, shaking his head. 

"Im alright... You guys go prep, il meet you their" Black says to the two. He walks over to the map again, looking at it. He knew they needed a evac site, but how they were going to do it would be hard. 

Here, seems a good spot to lay low for a day after we get out. A chopper will be to loud, they will get picked out of the sky, especially if we are found, a car would do well, but it might not have the armor needed to get us away. A convoy is out of question...

Black kept talking to himself, knowing that it was both a good way to get his mind off the issue, and a way to get his head into the game.

Midnight nodded her head at what Doc asked her to doc, although she did have a plan to do a slight detour first, but it was a harmless one after all. But she felt Doc linger on her, she felt a blush burn on her face as she traced a nail along his hand briefly before he left to deal with Blackwing. She looked at the paper, before making mental notes about what it looked like and even taking a quick picture of it. While illegal, she wasn't the best at following ALL the rules. After her detour, she handed the sheet to Special Agent Star, then backed away looking over at Doc and Blackwing.

Her biggest question was, what was tormenting Blackwing so much that it was rendering useless? What memories plagued him that much? She'd done things she didn't want to talk about, but they  never did that to her. She was able to push them aside, forget about them almost. So what was it that he had, that made him like this? Something...! Midnight wanted to hit herself, he'd told her before! He'd seen his commander killed in front of him! Perhaps that was it, he was reliving his worst moment, the moment his world started to crumble. She felt sorry for him, but he'd just have to get on with it.

At the order to go prep, she nodded. She needed her 50. cal back, make sure nothing had happened to it. She looked over at Doc "Want me to get anything from the Armoury? I need to pick up my 50.cal"

still facing Blacking Doc turned his head a bit "no, thanks ill get what i need later." doc tilted his head back to Blacking and said "i'm alright ... thats exactly what sergeant DelRock said ... before he hurt himself. Blackwing .. if you have any respect for me at all, you wouldn't stop me from doing my job and making sure your o.k" he said trying to appeal to his professional side

Doc sighed at of all the marines in the world he had to have Blackwing, for which he was partially thankful, he was strong but also all this. 

Doc wanted to go into the details and say he didn't want Black to lock up on the mission but they didn't have time and he knew he would probablly take it as an insult

Star took the packet and nodded he sat down on the radio and said "all right send in corporal Errant Flame. stand bye for special requisitions"

Midnight nodded at what Doc said, before exiting the tent. Part of her was being eaten with curiousty about Blackwing, he was distant, then again, this was her. She wasn't the most friendly before the last few days. But what had caused it? He seemed to have a normal military training, so his Co. getting taken out in front of him was surely the reason, but what was the trigger? What was causing him to have these 'flashbacks' so powerful they were physically crippling him? She pushed it aside, she could worry about it later. Entering the armoury, she went straight for her rifle. She heard some protests from the person in the room, a different person to who had been there before, the girl Stocky? Midnight couldn't remember, but 1 pistol shoved in his face later, she had full access.

Picking up her 50. Cal, she smiled. It's weight was so familiar in her arms, she'd missed her gun. Grabbing her Mp5, she grabbed some knives and grenades, before finding a GC36C Assault Rifle and throwing it on her back, not many people used it, so what's the harm in 'borrowing' the rifle? She picked up some ammo, before heading back. Entering the tent, she silently placed her equipment on a table, before watching Doc. She couldn't help herself, it felt right to just sit back and watch sometimes, and right now, she was watching him help Blackwing deal with whatever issues he was dealing with.

Black shook his head, a little annoyed at their options for evac. Non of them, seemed like a good option. Their best choice, seemed like walking back, but that, would be almost impossible with the amount of supplys they will have with them. After he heard Doc say a few more things, Black turned around to him, putting a hand on his shoulder as he spoke.

"I know its your job, but we have a job to do, focus on it" He said to Doc, his tone still as cold as ever. He then walks towards Mids, who had just gotten back from what he guessed, was the armory, due to the gear she had on right now. He stopped next to her

"I want you to find us a evac point, preferably, one that does not have a high risk of being shot down, or getting hit through metal" He says to her, looking back at Doc before walking outside. He needed to get his gear on, well, more his armor. He started to walk towards the Armory, hoping that their gear got their soon. 

Doc shook his head and pointed his finger at Blackwing before he left, “I AM FOCUSED ON THE MISSION YOU’RE A PART OF IT” but Blackwing simply walked off.

%$^&” he cursed as he saw him walk off, he looked to midnight and held in the urge to be affectionate to her and looked at her guns

g-36? I didn’t know we had those?” doc looked back at the map and pointed to a meadow highlighted in yellow on the woods,

distance is about a mile and half, perfect for getting in unseen, and its possible to drag the hostages that far if we need to, we’ll come in from the eastern side and only need to deal with the watchtowers and patrols rather than the checkpoints, what do you say?” he asked his partner

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The 2 agents stepped into the command building, they stood out amongst the marines in the base.  The shorter of the 2 fiddled with a folder as she walked

“yeah, I’m just glad they were able to pick one so fast,” she said as she pulled out the application for a certain Corporal Errant Flame “she looks tough” said the agent as she looked to her partner; the other mare nodded and pulled out a cell phone as they continued to walk down the hall. After a few rings she spoke “hey maim, were on our way.  … the paper work is being set up? O.k yeah you can have someone call her in,. …ok see you soon” she hung up and turned to her partner “that was the commanding officer there going to call her in soon.

Eventually they reached the command suite and after a quick composure check the entered the carpeted area either narrow hallways. They stopped out side an open door that marked “commanding officer” there were a few ponies inside ut one at the desk waved to them and shouted

“come on in now, don’t be shy, I just sent for Corporal Flame she should arrive shortly” said the old officer as she signed some papers,

the 2 agents politely came in and shook hands with her

“im special agent Mixer” the other took the hand to shake “and im special agent hipster” the c.o held in the strange look that he wanted to give at the latter’s weird name but held it in saying

“… well ladies im just glad we could help, we have only the finest here.”

Midnight watched as Blackwing walked off. He was, unique. Sure she was, is, was? Cold. But he, he was something different. She in part felt sorry for Doc, he was trying to hard to get through to Blackwing, and all he was doing was pushing him away. Midnight felt bad for him, but there was nothing she could do. It wasn't like SHE was any better at helping people.

"huh?" she asked, before remembering she'd picked up the CG "Yeah, thought it could be useful. Plus worst comes to worse, it's a free rifle" She took a look at the map, listening to Doc. He had a good point, and she had no reason to object. "I'm down with that, it'll give us time to move, plus it's not too bad of a hold-out position if we get followed, hopefully..Well, make sure we have cars that can be dropped if everything goes down, we find a new rally point"

She rested her hands against the map, checking over her shoulder, before gently placing her hand on top of Docs, taking a look over at him "T-think Blackwing will be ok? You worry about him too much..."

Doc sighed; melting a bit at her touch. he shook his head

“I don’t know; I honestly don’t … but you cant help someone who doesn’t want to be helped … we’ll put that aside for now.

So we can use the meadow as our insertion point and primary extraction,  if we want to use a vehicle then we cant use the woods for cover, the Forrest looks to thick to get a car in there.” Still letting her hold his hand and gently rubbed his thumb on her palm,  he looked back at he map.

hmmm,  the tree line of the forest will prevent any vehicle use,  lets see here” he zoomed in on the map

the prison itself  is surrounded by about a kilometer or 2 of clearing before the forest, the forest itself goes almost 20 kilometers all around with various clearings and meadows.

The road leading out of the prison with the checkpoints is about 3 kilometers long with …lots 1.2.3. 3 checkpoints and assuming it’s a traditional checkpoint they have gaits and 2 to 3 guards there with radios. There dug in there pretty good arnt they”

Midnight was trying her absolute best to concentrade on what Doc was telling her, but his simple touch was partly dragging her away from word, and admittantly, she liked it. Focusing back on the map, she tried to think of what could work in ways of extractions. They'd need something tough, something better.

"Yeah, we'll need something tough, but fast. Nothing that'll take a rocket, but gunfire isn't an issue. I'd suggest an Armoured Truck, something with one of those remote control LMG's on the top. It should give us the firepower to move past the checkpoints, without being killed in them. At the end of the road, a Chinnok to just pick us up with Apache cover, just in case they follow us with pursuit vehicles" She looked over at him "Or do you have a better idea?"

She looked around, too many people. She moved her hand slightly away, trying to just keep her emotions in check. They were surrounded by people who couldn't know... else they suffer for it.

Doc laughed a bit, and nodded when she took her hand off his as if saying

“that’s probably a good idea”

but then he actually spoke “midnight, an armored car? That’s kind of against the whole idea of what were trying to do here, not exactly subtle … but if you think an all-out assault is a good idea?”

midnight was moving away from the idea of an quick in-and-out rescue mission, but who knew maybe it was better?

Midnight opened her mouth to object, before realizing Doc was right. Her plan of getting out wasn't very subtle. She stood there, seemingly frozen for a short time.

"I...well, I don't know...I never really planned raids or anything like this. I just though..something tough to get us out. Like, have.." She realized having an armoured care being dropped into the middle of an enemy base wasn't really the most subtle ideas she'd ever had.

"I still think subtly is better, if we sneak in using their uniforms like originally planned, then we might...." Making a very growl-like noise, she took several steps backwards, before lashing out, kicking one of the chairs in the room as a way to vent her frustration. She had no idea what to do! Doc was counting on her to make the right call, and she had no idea what that was! "URGH! I don't know! I don't know, I just don't *$#@ing know! We could use an armoured car, but it's not subtle enough. But anything less and we risk never getting out, or having the chopper shot down as we run! Every plan I can think of just places us in danger! It's too risky, and...." She instantly went silent, realizing how much of a racket she was making and looked down at her feet. "D-doc, I can't make this call, what evac to use...I-I just can't do it..."

Doc went up to midnight and hugged her. It was appropriate whether they were a couple or not

He held her tiny body for a moment and said

midnight relax, take a deep breath …” he looked down and into her icy blue eyes and sternly said

fortune favors the bold! Were doing this because were the only ones who can, I don’t know what crazy tactics they teach …. In your last command but here in recon we take risks when they reward is good enough”

He walked  around her and held her by the shoulders, and pointed to the map.

now in a perfect world we can land close by,  and get in and get out without being seen, now imagine –pretend were on the ground what would be the easiest thing for us”

he traced his finger along the map sending it in the base and out, “now pretend we have the prisoners now for a primary extracting point imagine haven't set off any alarms…  what would be the easiest route for us to get out?” 

Midnight excepted Doc to probably lecture her, or mock her for being useless and stupid. So it came as a bit of a shock when she felt herself being hugged by him. She felt the warmth from the hug, and she pushed into his chest, just trying to forget everything and enjoy his warmth. Listening to Doc, she knew he was right. But, if he got hurt on a plan she came up with, she'd never forgive herself. It would be her fault....

"we'd...without raising an alarm...having a chopper waiting in one of the clearings I suppose, and take off, fly at low altitude to avoid radar till we leave the combat zone..." She felt Doc's hands against her shoulders, it was comforting in a way, knowing he had her. But also at the same time, reminded her of the pressure they were under, and that they were breaking several rules with a C.I.A officer in the room!

Errant Flame slowly set the tan handset back into its place and nibbled on the end of her pen. A look of thoughtfulness entered her eyes, tremors tingled up her spine. Was this her next big break? The prospect of entering into combat both excited and terrified her. She couldn't help but remember the terrible things she’d seen in the line of duty… so then why was she drawn to it? Although she was unsure of what the Commander was going to speak with her about, she had a good feeling it was to send her off.  She quickly gathered her long, black hair and wrapped it into a thick bun, fastening it with an elastic tie. Straightening herself from her desk, she walked out into the hallway.

There was purpose in her step as she set foot into the office. 

“Sir, Corporal Errant Flame reports as ordered,” her voice was low and steady. She made a mental note of the two C.I.A agents and other associates present.

Archived