Equestrian Spec Ops (2 spots open)

RainbowDaringDash

Midnight’s vision faded and returned constantly, voices becoming muffles and blurs of noise as the lose of blood made it impossible to concentrate. She couldn’t do anything herself, not with the lack of control over her system. When she finally came to, she could hear Doc’s voice, asking her something. She shook her head, she couldn’t even make out what he was saying.

“W-what’s, angel? Fitting…” She tried to put together what he’d said, when she gasping and hearing him explaining, something, she couldn’t tell. She opened her mouth, but no words came to mind and she ended up looking like a fish out of water.

“Y-you..know what…the last person looked like…after they removed my shirt….?” She said, finally gaining more consciousness than before, trying to create humour since she knew the peril she was currently in “T-t-thank you, for saving me..again a-and a-a-again…”

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

doc smiled when he saw the moment her body absorbed some of the drugs he had given her and she became semi aware of her suroundings

"hey, its my job. shut it." he said softly as they reached the helio

Sergeant major breaker hopped out of the car and several airmen and a.v.t corpmen came out of the chopter.

Doc rolled midnight supporting her spine, as they slipped a stretcher underneath her, and he being at her head assumed command as everyone including Breaker took a piece of the stretcher

on heave. 1. 2. 3. HEAVE” they all picked her up and brought her into the helicopter bay

doc spoke up

“we got multiple lacerations both legs, gunshot to the right thigh. Massive blood loss and dehydration patient has 10 m.g’s of morphine and 5 hundred m.l’s of hextend i.v access right cuboidal.”

One of the avt corpman nodded and looked over midnight, they quickly slipped an oxygen mask on her

“you did good hm3.” The other corpman stared at doc, “your hit in your chest!”

doc was just starting to relaxed when he looked down and saw he did of course get hit, the sappi plate in his vest did its job and stopped it, he most likely got hit after the escaped the camp when he was so pumped up on adrenaline he didn’t would of even felt it.

“let me help” said a bunch of the airman as they tried to lay him down.

Doc more annoyed at all this stood up and said

im fine

he was immediately interrupted when one of them shouted

“combative patient!” and all the airmen and corpman that weren’t working on midnight tackled Doc,

Doc not having the energy or will to fight them let them bring him to the ground

the first of 3 extraction helios took off

Midnight smiled at Doc the whole time he was getting her on the chopper, thankful she had him looking after her. Otherwise she'd been terrified for her life, but not this time, not with him watching over her. She closed her eyes, ready to rest, when she heard someone say that Doc had been shot!

She leaned up as much as she could, forced to watch him get taken down and unable to do anything about it..Or could she? Reaching into the pocket of one of the marines, she pulled his pistol out and fired it into the air "S-...L-..let him,, g-go!" She said, trying to sound in control of the situation, which was the last thing she felt like.

Doc groaned and looked to the ceiling of the chopter.

He smiled slightly happy that it was all over hopefully he would see blackwing again after all this.

The airman began to tear at his armor when

BANG-RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Someone fired a gun in the helio

Everyone froze doc razed his head to see midnight with a gun

"S-...L-..let him,, g-go!"

The a.v.ts treating her stuck there hands up and slowly backed to the helio bulkhead

Doc stood up and said

“easy everyone I got this”

doc had only know midnight for a couple of hours but somehow he knew she wouldn’t hit him, and was trying to help. He had seen her at her very worst. which indeed was the only way to see someone's true charecter. She was stubborn, firery but also had a beautiful heart.

Doc signaled for everyone to back off.

And he aproched midnight on the stretcher.

He went to gently lower the gun in her hand and said

“hey, looks like your doing better.”

Sergent major sat in the back the only one who was not doing anything he shook his head and said

“just back form the dead and dangerous as ever … I like it”

Midnight smiled as they let Doc go, they couldn't hurt him now, he was safe. He could look after himself, but kept the pistol aimed up. She wasn't going to take any chances. He'd saved her life over and over, it was only fair she tries to do the same.

When Doc stood up, she let out a sigh of relief, and noticed him walking towards her, and going for the gun in her hand. In most other situations, she'd react violenetly, but not here. Doc didn't deserve to get attacked for what he'd done.

"I..I feel like, h-half my body is on fire." she replied "B-but, I'm better..cause, of ya"

Doc, understood, and gently held her hand along with the gun not forcing it any where; just making sure she wouldn't twitch or fire again

"on fire? … have you ever tried fentanyl? its the stuff they make the painkilling lollipop with. it also makes you sleepy, do you want to try it or just more morphine?"

he looked the airmen and asked

"how much longer till we get to the M.O?"

one replied "about 15 minutes. we'll bring her to our medical officer and she will probably send her straight to Tokyo, for a higher level of care."

doc turned back a little exited

"oooh ever been to Japan? great place! the hospital there is straight out of ... back to the future!"

he spoke softly but also made sure to treat her with respect; with his tone and not sound condescending or like he was trying to talk her down which he didn’t mean to at all. he was just talking to his friend and trying to help her.

the marines all grouped up and got ready to make the short trek to the chopters. but then they saw Blackwing fighting the huge enemy!

"WHOH WHOH! CONTACT 7 7!"

the marines quickly surounded blackwing and his foe. but the highest ranking marine shouted

"easy hold your fire, we cant risk hitting the friendly!"

Black flew out of the bushes, landing on his back with a thud. He cringed for a second, before rolling backwards, bending his back and pulling his legs in as he leaped back up. Once he was up he let his hands drop by his sides. If you looked at Blacks front, other then the dirt and mud from earlier, and the blood that had soaked the front of his shoulder, you could and would notice one slash that had slashed chest area of his armor, but Blacks armor had prevented it from hitting his skin. Black watched as the sniper came out into the group, walking straight up to Black. Then the marines surrounded them.

"Back off, i need room" He yelled to them, hoping they would listen. The sniper swung at Sky, going for a double slash, one coming from each side. Black dropped down, landing croutched as the knives went over him. While the snipers arms were crossed, Black stood up, kicking the sniper back. The sniper stumbled, though he rushed back in. As the first slash came in from the right, Black tried to side step out, but he had gone into the snipers trap. The sniper kicked Blacks arm, causing him to drop the knife. Black stumbled, and the sniper used that to kick the blade off the cliff. Black did a left handed slash with his blade, though the sniper doged it, and kicked the blade, his boot causing it to fly out of his hand again.

Black now stood unarmed, his hands by his side, though he was not afraid, if anything, he looked happy.

"More...More Morphine, I can't sleep on heli's anyway, plus I'd rather be awake, means..." She felt some redness sneak onto her face "Well, means i'm..." she trailed off, her brain not wanting to say the reason, but unable to come up with a suitable lie to cover it's track.

That's when the 15 minute call, and her destination was Japan? But that would take her away from the front lines, from battle. While she may be in pieces, surely she didn't need to go all that far away? But at least Doc was taking care of her, and properly. He didn't talk to her like she was dumb, or like an officer, or even a member of the military. He spoke to her, like a...friend?

"N-never, but why there? C-can't they just patch me up and throw me on the next chopper for my mission?

Doc wasn’t sure what she was talking about, speaking half sentences and leaving things out,

He saw her blush which was a good sigh meant her body now had enough blood to maintain herself.

And then she said she didn’t want to go to Japan, where the hospital was at.

“no stopping you is there? … I see what I can do to keep you here. But it might be out of my hands.”

Doc turned around and asked “can I have 10 ml’s of morphine?”

An a.v.t reluctantly handed him a bag which he set up to her i.v

“there we go, now im going to work on your leg.”

Doc went to work on her large wounds, throwing a blanket on her chest.

you uhhhh …. Ever been this bad before?” he asked

Blackwing stood still, waiting for the sniper to move in on him. The sniper did just that, going in to stab Black. When he did so, Black grabbed his arm, twisting it and causing the blade to fall fro his hand. The sniper yelped, and tried to slash him with the other arm. Blackwing moved his arm to the side, stopping his actual arm to slash far enough to him him. Blackwing then punched the sniper in he neck once hard. The sniper backed off, wheezing from the punch to the throat. Blackwing used this opportunity to get his other knife out of his hand, rushing in and punching his arm, grabbing it then twsting it again, causing the sniper to yelp again, though it was obvious he was having trouble breathing.

Black caught the knife, letting his arm go, and stabbing it straight through the snipers leg. Black then grabbed the sniper, pulling him up. He closed his eyes, both of them did, as black threw him to the marines.

"Get that guy home, his fight is over" He says to the marines, then starts to walk back towards the cliff, waiting for a chopper, if one was going to pick him up.

Midnight giggled at Doc "Can't help myself. For me, it's normally always onto the next mission. You know what they say, hard to kick a habit" she joked, leaning back, thankful she'd been given something to cover herself up with.

"Bad, as in my injuries? This is the worse I've ever had it, normally i'm at the back of fights"

Doc chuckled lightly and said

“you know what, I think I’m”

he was interrupted by the sergeant major

well looks like she’s stable now! Mind if I borrow your Doc for a second”

doc turned his head watching the sergeant major get in between them Doc noticed he had Blackwing’s scar assault rifle around him

“AHHHH man is that ….?”

Breaker gave an evil smile and nodded

don’t worry ill give it back to him, might have to put a few rounds thru it for myself though HEH-HEH-HA”

Doc shook his head it was partially his fault for driving off with it!

The sergeant major stood between him and midnight and gestured with his eyes to step to the side

“Triage doc Triage you helped her now I’m your priority.” He said his voice booming but different. Doc couldn’t put his finger on it, was he mad? Did he really need help with something. Was he lying?

Doc checked midnights i.v bag and looked to the avt’s on of them said

“#@$@ that after that little stunt I aint touching her!”

doc rolled his eyes and the sergeant major put his arm around Doc and gently lead him away while saying to the avt

Well that’s what happens when you mess with a corpman that ain’t your own. Come on doc I need you to look at something for me!”

Doc walked with the Breaker into the cockpit and he closed a small separation door saying

“aaaaaaaahhh all right first thing’s first where did you and your squad come from?”

Doc peered thru a small divide to midnight

“she’s fine I need your help right now.”

Doc turned and clenched his fists standing tall deepening his voice a bit saying

Sergent major I can only speak for myself I just met them in the combat zone we were unable to discuss anything more than survival.”

Breaker sat down and nodded saying

I see, allright. So how about yourself where did you just come from?”

Doc kept a stone face and said “Deployed out of camp Pendlton California. Before that was in Virgina pushing paper.”

Breaker laughed and shook his head again “yeah I heard that.

Now I’m going to have to write a report, can you tell me what happened?”

Doc kept a military bearing and told the events describing only the event timeline with no detail or exactly what happened.”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Meanwhile one of the higher up Avt.s went up to Midnight and asked

“look I’m not going to touch your Doc! I just want to prep you for our medical officer. may I help you?”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

the marines quickly ganged up on the fallen sniper and roughed him up beating him with there rifles before handcuffing him and dragging him to the chopter.

One of the sergeants came up to black and Perry

“all right lets hurry up and get to those birds you know they wont wait forever!”

Midnight lost her smile as Doc was stayed, she felt safe when he was around and losing him was like, when a child lost their safety blanket. She felt targetable, like she could be attacked by anyone, and without Doc, she felt that way. That's when another one of the corpsmen came up to her.

She turned to face them, but let out a slight groan of pain as she did. She didn't want anyone else operating on her, she didn't know why, but she felt like Doc was the only one who she felt safe around when she was weak, like she is now. Right now she can't look after herself, not with wounds like this. Her attempts to clean her wounds had often made them worse, and what after that, he'd been there, looking after her, healing her. Making sure she was ok, lively. He even joked with her while she was on a metaphorical deathbed, but that in a way, only made her enjoy his company more. After all, things formed in blood and the heat of battle, and what comes after it, were the strongest connection.

"I...Fine, but make sure he comes back..." Midnight felt a light burning I her cheeks as she thought of him, before shaking it off "I owe him a lot, would be rude to die on him to just die"

Sergeant Major nods and says “all right thanks doc, thing is try to see it from my perspective. I get a call to save some guys who aren’t even my own? Its awfully strange. Don’t you think.”

Doc nods his head and says “I can see that major.”

Breaker shook his head and said “drop the act treat me like a normal guy, there’s no need for all that @#$%@ right now. Relax and in your own words tell me what you think of the enemy?’

Doc was treating him the way he treated all higher ups, with a standard of military bearing and respect. When Breaker told him to drop the act he loosened his shoulders up a bit and relaxed his neck he sat in a more comfortable position and said

“sergeant major .. I don’t know. My bet would be … some kind of local private military force, based off of there supplies and gear. 50 cal, radio. russian made a.k 47's”

Breaker nodded and said “that’s what I’ve been thinking, we’ve been out here for years and these guys show up out of nowhere, we don’t know who they are, what they want, just that they got toys and some guys out there that are tougher than a 2 dollar steak!”

Doc couldn’t help but let out a single chuckle, at Breakers joke.

sergeant major I really should be getting back to Staff sergeant Blossom.”

Sergeant major stood up and put his hand on doc’s shoulder

easy there we both know there’s something strange about her!”

Doc cursed internally. He was right there were a few things that didn’t add up about her, but he wasn’t going to throw her under the bus. Doc stood up and said

she lost an almost lethal amount of blood, she’s got an altered mental status, were lucky she’s not telling us she’s … Ballerina Godzilla looking for sky pie …. That actually happened to me once with a patient.”

Sergeant major smiled and nodded his head “I suppose your right just be carful. For now, AH sorry. You don’t tell me how do do my job I wont tell you how to do yours.”

Doc opened the barrier and walked with him back to midnight smiling saying

“deal; I wont do any admin stuff and you don’t do any vaccines or core temperatures.”

He came back to midnight to see she actually allowed someone to work on her.

He came back and adjusted the blanket to cover up her cleavage from his point of view while saying

Hey, its me. So have you been to this base before?” he asks

he waits for her answer while putting a pulse ox meter (the thing that goes on the tip of your finger in a hospital) and a blood pressure cuff on her skinny arm

Black looked around, seeing his M9 laying on the ground nearby. He walks over, picking it up with his good arm and sliding it back into its holster.He looks at Parry, not responding as he walks towards the chopper a odd fifty meters away. He didnt talk to those he was not on mission with, or those he trusted. Once on the chopper, he looked at the pilot.

"Take me to where the rest of my team went" He says to the pilot, who didnt respond as he flew up, and started to fly towards the base.

Midnight kept a close eye on the person who was trying to work on her, but she kept her grip on the pistol she'd picked up. Why she had it, she had no idea, but it gave her comfort knowing that she could gun down everyone on this Helio if she needed.

Letting out a sigh, she leaned back, thinking about the palavarva that mission had become. Their original objective failed cause their chopper went down, but she still had that intel on her. If that got out to the public, urgh, who'd imagine what could come of it?

She needed to keep it hidden, and that meant staying awake till she could pass it on, but to who? All her fellow troops weren't in this area..A problem she'd have to face another time, as she saw Doc returning.

"Hey...it's you" she said, giggling quietly, though she wasn't too sure what she was giggling at "I-i think so, before i was deployed i went to the base to get my chopper resupplied...I can't remember fully, it feels like that was days ago"

When Midnight giggled, Doc couldn’t help but smile, it was infectious.

He checked her vitals, she was doing much better now!

“you snipers and your sense of timing sooo disgusting.” He said with faux disgust.

He felt the chopper landing and held her stretcher steady as they landed roughly.

"Ah home sweet home" Parry let out a sigh, the whole trip he had tried to talk to his new companions but they gave him the shoulder which kind of annoyed Parry but whatever he was just glad they were at base Sargent Major was on his case load he was tired of all little bit of it, he walked over to the injured one he heard was called 'Midnight' and decided to ask some questions to the other man who called himself Doc "so uh... What's up Doc" Parry quickly added "what happened to you guys out there I just wanna know since we have some time to get to know each other now" he smiled a weak smile, Parry hoped he would get some conversation and not the shoulder once again.

Midnight couldn't help but feel, better, when Doc smiled. She knew he'd been under the pump recently, they all had. When Doc had a go at her sense of timing, she couldn't help but play back,

"Well, forgive me. Just remember next time you annoy me, I will wait any ammount of time to get my revenge. Never forget, always forgive when you put a round between their face at 1200 metres" She tried her best to sound dead serious, but she couldn't stop a small smirk forming on her face as she spoke.

At least they'd all made it out, that's probably the best prize Midnight could get...Wait, all of them..

She looked around, but failed to see a certain someone.

"Wait! Where...the other one, Blackwing? WE left him behind! We have to go back for him!" she didn't have the energy to yell, but she was speaking very loudly.

During the chopper ride, Black was standing up. The bleeding in his arm had stopped as the wound scabbed over. He was silent, not speaking or looking at anyone. The Pilot however, had. She had been keeping her eye on him, making sure he didnt try anything stupid like when he fought that sniper. It only took a small time, then they landed at their base. The pilot, once Black was off, called out

"Might be seeing you soon, until then" She calls. Even though the two did not talk at all, she was sure that they might be meeting again soon. Black just shrugged it off as a hunch, even though he had the same feeling. Once off the chopper, he walked through the base. He looked around, trying to see Doc and Midnight, not having much luck, then he noticed a stretcher with her on it. Black didnt approach them, instead, staying away. They might have been able to see him, if they had looked. Instead of walking and joining them, he just followed. Stayign silent as he followed the two people he had just gone threw hell with, and come out better then before.

Still not getting an answer Parry decided to stomp over to Blackwing and ask him "So are you gonna talk or am I just a wall to D@!#$ pass by while you and your friends talk, What in the H#@! happened to you guys out there I just want to know" he put off his frown, and took a look of acceptance onto his face because he understood why he was not being acknowledged, it was that they just met him and they did not trust him.

Doc smirked

oooh snappy, now I know your back to normal” doc couldn't help but joke back to her

Doc saw blackwing and Perry coming out of different copters

Doc was exhausted, he felt his brain turning off and going to sleep but fought it, he waked forward and said

“hey, just guide me to the m.o” he turned to midnight and said

“I learned my medical stuff from military training, and m.o-medical officer is an actual doctor who went thru medical school and is part of the military."

Doc was so tired he didn’t even feel his eyelids moving down,

When Perry came by he opened them shocked he had gone to such a deep level.

He asked what was up, doc tried took a second to try to figure out what to say a mixture of sleepiness and awkwardness caused it to drag on a bit, but then he ran off and heard him yelling at black wing

friendly guy” he said to midnight and the other corpmen

“that’s just Perry, he really is friendly, will try to make friends in a firefight.”

Doc weakly chuckled

“that’s exactly what he did to us.”

“commander HoneyBunch is in here with lieutenant beautiful-bad”

Doc looked down over Midnight trying to communicate with his tired eyes and say

“im confused, but the should be able to help.”

They entered a small building with a cross on it, inside were 2 officers, one was a tall skinny guy with a very admirable mustache. The other was perhaps the shortest woman Doc had ever seen, he at first thought she was a young girl in a uniform! She was pretty and just alluded perkyness and energy.

“hello, im Commander honeybunch and you must be our new guys, heck of an entrance.”

Doc and the airmen set Midnight down on an exam table. While the head I.D.C explained her injuries and the interventions they did.

Once she was set, doc stepped back leaning against a wall, taking his helmet off.

The commander and L.T looked over Midnight,

The commander pulled her self up on the table above midnight and said

hii I’m Commander Honeybunch. How are you? you seem to be doing well for someone who was cut up and shot in the legs.”

Black noticed that Doc had seen him, though his view was quickly taken as Parry walked up to him, and starting yelling at him. He didnt even care, even though he was yelling at him he didnt care. After he was done he just replied with "I have no friends. Doc will fill in details if you want them". After he said that, Black walked towards where he had seen Doc going. Unknown to him, the pilot from before was watching, and getting out of her bird, and following him. Blackwing was still thinking about their mission, and the hell they had just survived through. He knew it was not going to be the last one. After he got to where he had seen Doc go, Black hesitated. He didnt know if he should go in, or shouldnt. He was not needed in their right now. He settled to wait, sitting down, and then laying on his back, on the ground next to the door.

Sergeant Major Breaker smiled and left the room trusting his officers, he saw Perry and Blackwing, whom was laying on the floor

He walked over and said

“Easy Perry not everyone is as talkative as you, they were just on the X give them some space and im sure the’ll open up”

he walked a few feet away from Blackwing and spoke up making sure he could hear

“besides I would be grumpy too if I LOST my weapon!”

he held Blackwing’s scar assault rifle, and wiggled it seductivly

Archived