Equestrian Spec Ops (2 spots open)

RainbowDaringDash

Black didnt even move, he just opened one eye and looked at his rifle, which the Sarge Major was trying to make him come and get. Blackwing in response, simply kept one eye open, keeping it on the Scar, and the S.M "Throw it here, havent got time to waste. Only way your makign me move is if you need my help for something" He said to his boss, not caring about anything that would happen. After he said that, he closed his eye, and went back to peacefully restign on the ground next to the building. He was hoping Midnight was ok, he knew she would be, especially with Doc their. He was one of the few people who had ever impressed him, which was easily a hard thing to do. He was one of the two people who had impressed him. The other, being Midnight. He knew they both would be okay.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Midnight lied down as she was carried from Helicopter to a tent it looked like? She hadn't payed much attention to the names of the people on base, after all, her team was only meant to be there for an hour before leaving.

First thing Midnight heard from the new commander, a short girl, was that she had far too much energy for this job, or maybe she was running on coffie, it wouldn't be the first time, that's for certain. Still, she had to be respectful, this person was a surperior and she wasn't in the mood to be overally sarcastic.

"I'm ok Ma'am, just a little down in the gutter so to speak. I just need to get this wound sorted...and, and i'll be ready for deployment whenever you need me" she replied. Normally she'd demand a chopper back to HQ, but this time, she wanted to stay, relax a little. She'd worked like a slave for years, what's a few days off in comparason?

Breaker waved his hand and 2 marines came by. He signaled them to pick up Blackwing and had them follow him to the medical

“Lets get you patched up, when your feeling better come see me and I’ll give you back your rifle then”

the marines put him on a exam table next to Midnight

sergeant Major stood outside the b.a.h (medical area) and chuckled he walked next to Perry and asked

“so, what do you think of those 3?”

meanwhile Doc leaned in watching as the doctor began to slowly get to work on Midnight, he leaned in and watched her suture her leg

wow” he whispered softly, she finished up and tied the last of the thick wire.

those are some nice sutures. Maim” he said

thanks! I always liked doing sutures”

suddenly 2 Marines carried in a very tired Blackwing

he’s missing a big chunk of his shoulder”

“So I see.” Said the L.T “lets take a look …. Hmmm …. Were going to have to pack the wound and send him to Japan, along side her”

Doc looked to Midnight gave her a slight nod

“maim I need to speak with you” he said

umm o.k” said the commander as she bounced out the door. Once outside Doc took a second to think, he was a horrible liar but hoped that he could pull it of

Maim, Staff sergeant issss uhhhh, well she has bad P.T.S.D for hospitals, I know its important to send her to a higher level of care, but it will just cause them trouble. I have to recommend to you just letting her rest and heal here, and only medvac her in case of emergency.”

The Commander tilted her head thinking “hmmm, if you say so, we do need to get her a cardio gram and check her hepatic function.”

Doc nodded and said “yes maim, im just recommending to you.”

The commander nodded and said “Ill talk to her later on, but ..ok.

Meanwhile the L.T began packing up Blackwing’s wound “you have a lot of scar tissue, I can tell you healed from bad wounds before but I doubt anyone can regrow that much muscle”

Midnight leaned back, closed her eyes and tried to relax. She was in friendly territory, so she let out a deep breath as parts of her went slightly numb. She began thinking about the mission, what had gone right, not a lot, and what went wrong, seemingly everything, and yet they managed to come out alive, somehow. But that was the past, not point worrying about it. Her old team was dead, and right now, she was really tempted to attach herself onto with Blackwing and Doc, after what just happened, it would be mean to just ditch them. Midnight's ears twitched when she heard they wanted to send her to Japan! She didn't want, or need, to go to a hospital! She could just lie back, heal up and be ready for another mission. She didn't want to go back to a Civvy town, not right now at least. She closed her eyes, not having the energ to verbally protest, but hoped she wouldn't have to go.

As Black was grabbed, he didnt bother fighting. He would prefer to be carried onto the bed then being forced to walk himself. Once he was on it, his face stayed emotionless as he closed his eyes, taking a small rest while the Med officer checked out his shoulder. When she said that he might not be able to grow that much mussle back, he simply opened his eyes and spoke.

"I fought a well trained sniper in hand to hand, this shoulder didnt even hinder me. If thats not proof that it will heal, then im sorry but you need to get a new job"After he said it, he closed his eyes again, and continued to rest. He didnt care he was being sent to Tokyo, he knew it would only be a matter of time before he was sent back, and for more jobs they wanted him to do. Keeping his eyes closed, he spoke to Midnight, who he knew was next to him.

"So, i take it your alright"

Doc and the commander came right in as the L.T stood over back

“well there’s a big difference between cellular growth and protein synthesis and martial, but you don’t know that do you” he pulls off his gloves and walks away leaving Blackwing at the table,

Doc and the commander wince as the L.T walks off

“Self diagnosis”

Doc face palmed this whole situation was pretty messed up, first all doctors don’t abandon there patients, but then again there not supposed to outright insult you in the procedure room.

A enlisted I.D.C came up and finished the doctors work shaking his head he looked to Blackwing and said

“bit of advice, there’s only 2 types of folks you don’t get on the bad side of, the galley because they make your food, and medical. Knowing that will make your life easier.”

The commander creeped up behind him observing his work, and nodded in approval before going back to Midnight

“sooo, um I hear you don’t like hospitals, … I really want to send you to one to make sure your o.k but we can talk later about that.”

Doc winked at her from the side of the room.

Suddenly a gunny sergeant came up

“hey doc, nice to meet ya, im the camp commedant,”

Doc turned around and tried to give him a strong handshake but the commandant continued

“we got a couple things we need to settle for you and your new team.”

Doc nodded walked between Blackwing and Midnight

“hey guys, look, im going to get some things done with the commandant, if you want I can drop your guns off in the armory while you guys rest?”

Midnight turned to the commander as she, seemingly, just pops up out of nowhere and mentions, hospitals? She couldn't help but smirk, looks like Doc really did have her back after all.

"It's just that, I feel useless there. I can't do anything, but sit in a bed and relax. Even if it's small, training recruits, practising my firing drills with a weaker rifle. Anything, can't you just get them here? Or is this an order to go to a hospital?" Midnight knew if it was a direct order, she'd be forced to obey it. She didn't know anything, sighing. When Doc said he could drop their rifles off, Midnight nodded.

"Yes please, just, take care with my rifle? It isn't the lightest thing around" she said, before realizing that she wasn't that big herself. "You know me Doc, i like compensating" she couldn't help but laugh. She may be a girl, but that didn't stop her from making silly jokes.

When the Doc walked off, Black stayed silent, his face still emotionless. He didnt care that she walked off, in all honesty, he didnt care. He knew that someone else would come help, and even if they didnt, he hoped doc would. When someone else did come up and start working on it, he heard what he had said. Black simply replied with

"Well, it seems some cant take jokes, but i will keep it in mind". After he said that, he listened to Midnight talk to Doc. He didnt laugh or reply, but on the inside he smiled. By her laughing showed him that she was making a full recovery, and was goign to be alright. Meaning, that the bullet he had taken was worthwhile, sort of.

"Doc, please pick up my Scar from the major, he kinda kept it. And request Commandant, send Doc here to Tokyo with us, i want my whole team their with me, Midnight, you deserve, and need, a break. You should take it before we get sent on another suicide mission, or should i say, get STUCK in a suicide survival mission"

Doc listened to them both he took the Blackwing’s pistol, and Midnight’s weapon belt, alongside her giant sniper rifle.

He laughed out loud having a hard time containing himself for a second, at midnights compensating comment.

He Held the rifle in his hand and lifted it up and down “this thing is heavy, but then again you know what they say about girls with Loooong guns

he smiled and was tempted to touch her, to ruffle her hair or put his hand on her shoulder,Doc leaned down on his knee and he put his hand out, but awkwardly changed it mid movement to check her i.v. deciding against it for some reason.

He turned to Blackwing and said “hey come on man, it wasn't that bad. besides not every mission is a suicide mission." he took a deep breath relaxing getting more comfortable I’ll see what I can do, ill try to get all our admin stuff done, and get us a room. you and midnight figure out what were going to do next go to tokyo or whatever you want.

Doc stood up with a moan, his plate armor was starting to feel heavy and the weight of all the extra weapons was a lot,

all right guys ill be back.” He walked out with the commandant

he step out side, it was getting dark now, the camp was dusty and seemed tired. He took a deep breath smelling the dirty air.

He saw Perry and Breaker talking he waved to him and said

“hey! Wanna help me?”

Midnight turned to Blackwing, he wanted her to take a break too? Sure she pushed herself, but she had to. That's all she'd ever done, all she ever had was the next mission, the next target. And now..He wanted her to put what was basically all she knew on hold, and relax? Sighing, she realized that her injuries probably meant she was going one way or another, she may was well take the holiday that came with it.

She turned her ehad to Blackwing, still lying down "I suppose, it's just, that's my whole life sometimes. The next mission, suicide or not. But, well...maybe that's just who I am, you know? What about you Black, you planning to take a break in Japan?"

When she asked about him taking a break, he thought for a moment. He knew he was going to take the break, problem was, what to do on it. Their was not much he wanted to do i Japan, but their was some place he wanted to go, and he knew that during their break, he probably could go their.

"Im going to take a break, though it wont be in Japan. Once we are checked out of medical at Tokyo, im taking a plane to Hong Kong. Your welcome to tag along, its a nice place. Their is only one bad thing about the place" He says,to her, afterwards just staying silent.

"How often do you take breaks? It seems like you work to much"

(I think I have gotten better since last what do you guys think?)

Parry glanced over at Doc who was inquiring for his and maybe Breakers help, Parry ended the conversation with "see you then, Breaker" and walked casually over to Doc and arched his eyebrows and took an old Cigar out of his pocket and also produced a lighter and lit the Cigar, blowing a ring of smoke up into the air, than he took the Cigar from his mouth so he could speak properly and asked "What cha need," then added in an annoyed and hushed tone so the whole camp wouldn't hear "I sure have not been getting a lot of talk, you know and I might appreciate it a little more if people would talk to me a little more often!" He heaved a sigh then rolled his eyes and took another puff of his Cigar and said "so anyways what do you need, sorry for my ranting" he looked down at his feet, upset at himself for acting like he had then looked back at Doc to answer his standing question.

Doc shook his head and said "first off you always light a cigar with a match! preserves the flavor!" he said with some faux anger

he was trying to joke with him, hopefully it was getting thru that he wasn't really mad at him.

"but can you give me a hand and help me drop the weapons off at the armory?"

Perry seemed like a nice enough guy, besides doc needed help right now he was exhausted and if he sat down he would more than likely pass out asleep,

he gently lifted the Barret 50. by the handle seeing if he would take it

Parry chuckled at Doc's joking, not taking it the wrong way Parry took the Barret 50. And smiled and said "I smoke the way I like to smoke Doc" and smirked a little than added "so been with your team for a while?" Parry asked as he grabbed more weapons, he puffed another smoke ring and stood from his crouching position and swung his gaze at Doc who stood about to reply.

Doc smiled as some of the load was taken off of him,

inside his vest he was soaked with sweat, and his plates were starting to bear heavy on him.

"well no, i just met them today."

the camp comandant began leading them to the armory.

"im a transfer from virginia, i was riding a chopter here from camp bulldog. me and Blackwing got shot down ... ... I uhhh dont know what happened with staff seargent Blossom." he shrugged as they walked thru the grassy camp,

the quickly made aluminum buildings were clean and a uniform grey

"yeah we all just formed up, hey thanks for helping us get out of there bye the way, that was a good rescue. you guys get a lot of action like that around here?"

"Every once and a while we do," he gestured towards camp "but we are well trained and I prefer to keep my soldiers alive that is why Sargent Major sent me to you guys" he throws his Cigar butt onto the ground and crushes it under his foot "I have been told many times I am a truly good leader but I prefer to take a backseat approach offering advice to colleagues often times saving their behinds" Parry opened the door to the grey building as he approached I the beckoned Doc inside and entered after.

Doc listened to Perry, explain he was a relaxed leader. the commandant opened the door for them leading them into a dark building he called out

He silently nodded

"WAKE UP STOCKY!"

at that the lights turned on and sitting behind an armory cage was a very skinny female marine wearing her green undershirt her hair out of regulations

"hey" she said

the commandant said "we got new weapons for you to hold!"

the female marine apparently named Stocky rolled her eyes and pulled out some pieces of paper,

"you know what to do. ... hey Perry" she said in a bit of a seductive tone

Doc set the guns down and she began taking them, inspecting the guns, smelling them and doc raised his head again from the paper work because he though he saw her lick Midnights Barret!" she put it in back and starred at Perry.

Doc thought she belonged more at some kind of goth rave instead of a marine corp armory, he finished the paper work and handed in his rifle.

needs a good cleaning” he said

Parry seeing Stockly do this was kind of normal but when Doc said "needs a good cleaning" Parry just broke into a laughter he hadn't heard one like that since last someone talked to the girl after he was done laughing he stood up wiping the tears out of his eyes and said in a cheerful tone "good times now," Parry cleared his throat and looked at Stockly and said "don't worry about cleaning my gun it didn't see much use today and please clean that Barrett you know I hate it when you lick the guns come on" Parry said with an impatient tone and a arching of his eye brows but those quickly faded into a mischievous look Parry added quickly "licking the guns are... Uh not really that good for you or the person who uses the gun remember that Stockly!" He rolled his eyes and turned to Doc and said "Stockly can sometimes be odd , do not mind her" he pulled out two cigars and offered one to Doc "want a smoke?".

The commandant shook his head, and after he dropped off the gun, he walked off and leaned in the doorway

Doc quirked his eyebrow not exactly understanding the relationship between stocky and Perry.

Stocky rolled her eyes at Perry right as he was walking away she said “well then get over here and ill lick you then!”

Doc walked away with Perry and when he offered him a cigar he remembered his 1911

oooh, hold on” he walked back to Stocky and handed her the pistol

she took it with a gasp and instantly began to take it apart

a real colt 1911, these are very rare, a 2015 edition. Made straight from the Hartford armory right? RIGHT?”

Doc a just nodded said “yeah Hartford is close to my hometown”

Stocky smiled and said “oh don’t worry ill take good care of it!”

Doc nodded “thanks.” And walked off a little weirded out. He didn’t have the energy to investigate what exactly was wrong with this girl.

He catches up with Perry and turned down the cigar saying

no, I don’t smoke. Ill have a cigar ... every now and then. on special occasion but … naw, I don’t smoke.

And yadada" he gave him a very low energy knife hand "all the standard corpman speil about how its bad for your health; yadada. I really don’t care. Only drug I got a problem with is caffeine”

the commandant turned around and said

“all right ill get you a room and then you need to go to finish your check in; Perry can help you with that.”

He then lead them to the housing area

"Sounds wonderfull" Parry still chuckled a bit because of Stockly but he stopped and looked around for the check-in building and he saw it just a small shack to their left "see that over their that's where you'll check in now let's go" he put away his cigars and pulled out instead a picture and old one at that of his parents sadly they both were killed that was the only reminder he had of them he quickly put it away and wiped his face making look like he was wiping the sweat off of his face except he wiped tears away as they made their way towards the Check-in building.

Doc nodded calling to Perry

“ill meet you there man” as he and the commandant walked to the housing

he walked off and saw Perry put his cigar away and looking at a small picture, but then he rounded a corner and showed his i.d to a guard to get to the housing area

the houses were small 2 room aluminum buildings with only 1 window in the back. the area around them was a muddy gravel. surounded by barb wire

“ahh here we go a room for you, I’ll make sure the rest of your team is close bye. But here are the keys, inspections are once a week.”

Doc held his hand out and the key was dropped into it.

Doc nodded “thanks Gunny. I’ll check in with you once everything is all set”

Gunny walked off and waved.

Doc opened the door to the small room, it was completely empty except an a.c unit, 2 lockers and 2 beds,

Doc immediately tore off his armor and pulled his shirt off letting his bare skin and hair touch the cool air of the a.c

“ahhhhh” weight of the gear off of him felt like a breath of fresh air after almost drowning,

he felt blood return to his arm and shoulders as he stretched out and rested against the wall.

With a little bit more energy, now he wiped the sweat off his forehead and resolved to get back to work

Doc picked up his shirt and uniform top, sliding them back on.

He put his gear in the corner and headed out the door.

Doc caught up with Perry. having given him a couple minutes alone; and said “soo your accent you from up north?”

"That I am, I get it from my dad, although my mom was Canadian loved her very much" he decided he maybe should tell someone about his situation, Parry reached into his pocket and produced a small picture and showed it to Doc "lived in Ontario for awhile with them until one day," Parry looked Doc in the eye and continued "before I begin can I trust you with something secret" he looked seriously at Doc to let him know he was not kidding.

Perry handed Doc a small photo , In the old but well kept photo there was a stallion that looked a lot like Perry and a old but still very beautyful mare, with a very small Perry in her arms.

he looked at the picture, and handed it back to him, Doc's forehead wrinkled and he shifted his mental gears into somewhat of a work mode. he Began to see Perry like a patient, as someone who needed his help. and it was his job as a corpman, and just the kind of guy he was to listen and help in any way.

Doc stopped outside of the building and looked around. there was no one and the walls of the admin building were thick enough.

he took deep breath and looked him dead in the eye. "I'm a corpman. Secrets are part of my job, got secret securty clearance. got acsess to socials. I never spilled a secret in my life. and i never will ... what's up man is everything o.k?"

Midnight couldn't help but laugh slightly "It's what I do, you know? Taking breaks just, well, my commander didn't really like it, said it made us weak. So I pushed myself, i never took the break, and by the end of the first year, I was the best recruit he ever had. He pushed me sure, but he made one of the deadlist snipers out of me, so surely he did something right? So yeah, I don't take breaks, makes me feel like i'm wasting my time" She let out a small sigh, her commander was being looked at for charges of immoral training, and while what he did was questionable, he created very good troops. And Midnight was one such troop, stuck with the mentality that she shouldn't ever take a break. "What's out in Hong Kong? A-and i'll see, no idea if i'll be up to travelling, plus, we could see what Doc is gunna be doing..?"

Archived