Equestrian Spec Ops (2 spots open)

RainbowDaringDash

Star put his hand to his head 

"this is lance corporal Snowy ...he's supposed to be my protection for the area but has been cleared to participate only if necessary .. I thought i told you to secure the perimeter"

Doc watched midnight as she walked out. he couldn't blame her the planning was going south already. then Snowy came in; Doc nodded 

"HN Bearing," he said formally introducing himself "you wana help?" he then looked to Blackwing as if saying 

"WELL HERE YA GO" but stayed silent letting his expression do the talking.

Doc wasn't going to wait much longer if they wanted another guy Snowy would have to do. Doc sort of liked him though, may have an attitude, but something about him told doc he knew what he was doing 

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Phoenix stood idly, watching events unfold before him as the planning finished. He held onto the barrel of his MG4, the butt resting on the floor of the command tent. Midnight stormed out of the tent, her blue hair fluttering behind her.

"She has a point, there-" 

He was interrupted, however, when the newest addition to the team walked in. Phoenix didn't know if he liked him or not, his attitude reminded him of some old friends, but belying his values, first impressions did not matter to him.

He raised an eyebrow. "More people equals more chance of getting caught. Granted I was in that position just minutes ago, as the Sergeant said, I hope you're a sneaky one."

Doc nodded at what Phoenix said "despite what he may say Blacking can't handle all the hostiles and 4 p.o.w.s on his own; he'l need the extra hands.  that said the most important part of this is going to be your approach entering without raising any alarms. 

me and midnight will be able to give you u.a.v surveillance but that won't do nothing against if you can't find a physical way in. BlackWing Any ideas on how your moving in or out?"

Star nodded "setting off an alarm or 2 we can live with so long as they have no prof its us or the prisoners get hurt."

Erran had kept silent during the whole course of events. She took an immediate liking to the new addition, Lance Corporal Snowy, with his thick air of confidence, but still had a few reservations about Midnight. She seemed like the kind of person who rushed into things too quickly – very dangerous in warfare. Erran decided to keep an eye on her.  She also couldn’t help but notice the loving glances Doc and Midnight were giving each other. Perhaps that was even more dangerous. 

“So the key here is stealth. Get in, get out. I take it we’re going to avoid combat as much as possible in order to keep a low profile?” She spoke up.

"Their is only three reasons a body should drop in their. If we are found, if Midnight was the shooter, or they are unavoidable, and in our way. Otherwise, fingers off triggers" Black says to the group. He knew that the others were riht. They needed to leave now if they wanted to have a chance at saving the soldiers. "Alright, time to move out. Make sure you have what you need, then meet me on the chopper" He finishes, walkign towards Scootaloo. 

"Time to go" He says to her, then both of them walk out, heading towards the vehicle they were going to use to save those soldiers. Blackwing was ready to do what it took, he just hopped that the rest of them, would be.

Doc nodded and went up to the sergeant major  and star “you guys sure you don’t want to come I’m sure we could squeeze you both in the v-22”

Star laughed and shook his head “HAHAH don’t tempt me; I’m a former navy seal I thought I would get more action with the c.i.a …boy was I wrong. Keep it clean and smooth and ill make sure you get rewarded well.” Sergeant major nodded “same here. But somebody’s gotta keep the monkeys in the trees” Doc’s head quirked having never heard that expression. Breaker laughed “oh come on just go before I get em all myself!” Doc laughed and nodded shaking both there hands

As doc walked away star shouted “IF YOU LIKE HIM YOU CAN KEEP SNOWY … HE”S FREE”

Doc was ready to go, he nodded to Black wing and headed out; looking for midnight. Doc guessed correctly that she was at the range.  She was key holing her targets; but she also wasn’t wearing hearing protection. He came up next to her and kneeled a bit saying

“your going to blow your eardrums if your next to that all day” he said to her gently “were getting ready to go. You sure your up for this?”

Midnight stared down the barrel of her 50 cal, keeping her breathing down. It was on the line, the troops had bet she couldn't hit a target they'd put up themselves for 500 bucks. The target itself was behind a tree, which Midnight had finally found. Letting out a small breath, she pulled the trigger. Her shot smashed through the middle, and she silently pocketed the money much to the Marines protests. But they had made a bet with one of the best snipers in existence, what else was meant to happen? 

She had returned to the range, lazily firing off at the targets. Moving targets were more of a challenge, but every practise shot was useful. She was taken back when she heard Doc's voice right behind her, startling her enough to miss her next shot which she had been in the process of taking. To fix her record, she fired in quick succession, taking down targets until her clip was empty. She stood up from the ground which she'd been lying on, her hair surrounding her face, several clumps of her straight hair in the front of her face.

"My ear's will be fine" She picked up her rifle, letting out a sigh "I'm just worried the new guys are gunna mess it up. Just don't get yourself killed, ok?" She looked around, before putting her Sniper on her back, before leaning forwards and hugging Doc tightly, before letting go "Lets..Lets do this, and...take care ok Doc? I..I refuse to lose you, everyone else on this mission can die for all I care, but you.."

Doc watched as she made a large group of shots, as she fired fast her grouping as was a tad off but it was still all bulls eyes he listened as she go up and hugged him. he put his hand on her head and gently pressed back.

He could help but laugh grimly at what she had to say. They walked back leaving the range and doc finally got a hold of himself. “you know … you I don’t know what I’m going to do with you. you little ball of murder!” he made sure no one was looking and kissed the top of her head

“besides if all goes well in this mission I wont have to leave your side. Ill work the drone and help you spot, while they go in there and do all the heavy lifting. Besides I think we can trust the new guys.”

In all honesty he did trust them they were competent and seemed to know what hey were doing. But deep down he was a bit nervous about them. he hopped they could keep up

Midnight frowned when he refered to her as 'a little ball of murder'. Was it a tern of endearment? She wasn't sure, but it sounded silly. Even though, she giggled at it, before blushing deeply when he kissed her head.

"I'd rather have you by my side in this, leaves less to chance in this mission....And, if you think the new guys are worth trusting, then, well.. I suppose I've got no real reason to doubt them. It just feel like more can go wrong, you know?"

They starting walking towards the chopper, she moved her rifle from her back into her hands. It wouldn't fit if it was on her back, and she held the large rifle in her hands instead. "What do you think of them? Like, honestly? Do you really think they're up to this?"

Doc sat down next to his lover, he took a deep breath at her question and after a few moments of though said

"well Erran is smart, she may not have done high speed stuff like this before but she can probably learn quickly and I think she knows when to ask for help,

Phoenix is well, he's I think he's done stuff like this before; he knows his stuff we'll see in the field. i think he can be trusted

and snowy well he thinks he knows what he's doing which most of the time is good enough." he said finishing up. Doc rested his head against the seat "and Blacking well .. he is a hard punk to get along with but i respect the silent %^#@ ... he is a good marine; still wanna break crack his skull most of the time he's around though"

he then got a evil smile "and midnight ohh don't get me started on the things she needs; remedial action all night!"

Phoenix was sitting next to the other new members in the helicopter as Doc and Midnight arrived, sitting down as a pair. Midnight was discussing something with Scootaloo in a hushed voice. Phoenix didn't particularly care, however. He has his M1911 out, impulsively reloading it again and again out of nervous habit. He would slide the magazine out, put it in the empty pocket on his plate carrier, and pick another up by the bottom, sliding it back in. The marine did not pull back the slide, as to not eject the bullet which was currently in the chamber.

He slid the sidearm back into its holster on his thigh, heaving his MG up onto his lap. It was a cumbersome thing, and the 5.56mm LMG supressor didn't help with its profile.

Phoenix held onto the silencer as he spoke, "This thing may be silenced, but its still pretty damn loud. I'll be most likely using my M1911 unless absolutely necessary." He paused, looking back down at the MG. "I mean, sure, it stops people from across a valley at night hearing or seeing where you're shooting from, aside from that, however, it's an insurance policy."

Midnight rested her head against the back of the chopper, relaxing as her sniper across her lap as she did, listening to Doc go through each of the new members. One she didn't remember, Who was snowy? She waited, if this 'snowy' showed up, she'd ask. But until then, she didn't disagree with Blackwings. Something was up with him, she wanted to know what.

"I know what you mean, something just isn't right with him... And that's coming from me" she said quietly, before spotting Docs 'evil' smile, though what he said next, she couldn't believe it! She felt a desire to slap him! Before realizing from the smile, it was intended as a joke.

"That's not fair, I was shot! I....I..that was a joke wasn't it?"

Doc laughed “of course it was, was I..” he was cut off when he realized the pony he was just talking about was in the seat behind him

Doc took his words as a metaphor for “I can hear you … shut up” he stopped in his tracks shocked for a second before looking into midnights eyes with a sad face before leaning back into the seat and saying

“good call phoenix if all goes well we wont need to fire a single shot. … but if all goes worse than it will be good to have some machine guns. … I wasn’t lying about what I said about you. stay calm, listen to Blackwing and I know you’ll prove me right.”

Doc looked back to midnight, no one could see them in the seat and he gently rubbed his hand along her cheek. He whispered to her “sorry I wont tease you like that again.”

Midnight watched as Doc seemed to change, moving to chat to, Phoenix? The one with the LMG, yeah, that one was Phoenix. His LMG wouldn't be useful unless they got caught, but she hoped that didn't happen. She leaned back in her seat, before feeling Docs hand on her cheek, and her cheeks in turn, went bright red. She looked around, terrified someone might be able to see them! Thankfully, it didn't seem to be the case, and she relaxed.

"It's alright" she whispered back "just, remember, i'm, well...i'm not that smart, these sorta social things go right over my head..." She smiled up at Doc, before leaning in against him, almost using him as a pillow to rest against.

Doc let Midnight rest against him enjoying the experience he whispered back “your smart, don’t ever say that ... just inexperienced .. don’t worry babe there’s a lot I can teach you that I KNOW you’ll like”

Doc couldn’t believe Midnight sometimes, she was dangerous feisty and perhaps shouldn’t be trusted. But at the same time she was just like him and had a certain nobility to her. She was his perfect match and he would never let her go.

She was his angel pure and simple.

Doc leaned in a bit enjoying the feel of her hair and skin on him swearing he wouldn’t let any of it effect the mission.

Meanwhile a rather tall, fit looking woman in a pilot suite walked around the offsprey “you ahh sure scoots is flying this one?” she whined to a mechanic

Midnight glanced over at doc. Babe?!?! Did he just.... She felt herself go completely frozen, unable to believe what he'd just called her. In her search to find the right words, she leaned back against him even harder, her head near his arm, almost encouraging him to put his arm over her. But not intentionally as she finally recovered her brain from what was a mental slap across the face.

"I..." She was about to ask what the babe thing was about, before remembering where she was! "I, well...i'm sure, like, there are things, you're inexperienced in...like, well...ummmm" It was at this point she realized she had no idea what to say. What was something funny she could say here? ""Like ....."

Doc protectivly drapped his arm over her. and couldn't help but giggle. she looked so cute when she was confused like that.

Doc cut her off, and said

"to spot. .. i want you to show me how to be your spotter. out of all the schools i went too; jump school, dive school, s.e.a.r, s.a.r.c, i.d.c all of it i never learned anything about sniping. maybe you could show me and we could be a effective team in the field?" he suggested to her

(posting for RDD)

Scootaloo walked up to the flight line her helmet in hand clutching it nervously. She saw her v-22 which she and everyone else affectionately called “the scooter” and walked to it.

“kind of slow kid; kind of slow” said a familiar voice from behind the rotor. Scootloo jumped as her friend and idol came out; Rainbow dash!

“DASH! What the! What are ?” Dash pointed to the experimental plane she and Erran flew in on. “testing; didn’t know you would be here!” she said playfully punching her in the shoulder.

Scootaloo rubbed her shoulder and asked “wow, how have you been? How’s the plane? Wow!”

Dash shrugged “hey tell you what we’ll have plenty of time to catch up after your mission .. I’m proud of you kid, ..don’t blow it now”

Scootloo leaned back “TCCH come on dash, after this mission ill show you a thing or two about flying!” she winked at Dash and smiled climbing into the cockpit. She quickly powered up the plane.

The v-22’s lights slowly turned on and Scootloo checked the meter’s and gauges. She quickly engaged the rotors and the engines burned to life!

They quickly built up speed and Scootaloo put her helmet on turning her head back to the team

“all right everybody! Time to fly! Sit down, buckle up, and hang on!”

Scootaloo punched it and the v-22 began a quick vertical takeoff going up into the air reaching the proper height for flying, and she pressed the buttons; the rotors flipped and they began a flight in the direction towards the mission.

Phoenix listened to the familiar thrumming of Osprey blades as the VTOL hovered into the air, before lurching forward into flight mode, hurtling through the night sky. He rested his elbows on his MG to keep it in place as he reached up to his woodland Shemagh, which was wrapped around his neck. He took it off, folding it and wrapping it around his head. Once in place, he slid his helmet on over the top, fiddling with the strap, as he was having trouble doing so with gloved hands in a way that prevented the fabric from getting caught. He felt it slip into place, and have his helmet a rap with his knuckles. He gave one last look in the backpack at his feet, ensuring the box magazines were in easy reach should he need them later. He leaned back in his seat, reaching around with his right arm to hold his MG4 in place on his lap.

The support gunner glanced around the dim red light of the V-22's hold, looking over to where Doc and Midnight were having a hushed conversation, resting against each other. He was glad they had something together, but he was worried it would affect the mission. It also made him look at his own life; mission after mission, R&R with the lads, and the occasional leave of absence to see friends who had long since moved on. He sighed quietly, turning to...Snowy Gauss, wasn't it? Phoenix didn't know how to feel about the plus one, he seemed dangerous, having an air about him that he couldn't quite put his finger on. He decided that Gauss may end up performing well under pressure.

Snowy gave him a knowing smile, a crooked smirk across his face. He appeared to be adjusting his G36, which he held in front of him. Phoenix looked away, laying eyes on Errant Flame, whose black mane had an eerie aura in the red light. She seemed like she knew exactly what she was doing, without the need to express so. He respected that, but would have to wait and see. He spotted the M240 next to her. Another LMG gunner, Phoenix thought, this will be interesting; the more the merrier. 

He sighed, thinking about the mission and the butterflies he had at mental gunpoint in his stomach.

Midnight nodded her head slowly. He was right, as usual. She'd have to teach him how to spot for her, but it wasn't going to be that complicated. Not this time, all she'd need time, after all, she was so used to rolling solo she'd become her own spotter, but it would be nice bonding time with Doc, before starting to laugh, getting slightly too loud before silencing herself.

Most people bonded over food, or movies, or something like that. But her? Na, she was about bonding over murder! Because that's normal!

"Sorry, umm, it wasn't related to the mission, just...something my sister told me once. Anyway, yeah, though this mission will be more you watching the places of the base i'm not and radioing the other team, telling them what's happening. No offense to them, but you're more of a peoples-person, they'd respond better chatting to you than the psycho who'd put a whole in their chest" She replied, enjoying Doc's arm around her. Somehow, he made her less wanting to murder everyone who tried to talk to her, somehow. Though how, she didn't understand.

The reapers Flew thru the night passing by lights and darkness. Soon they approached an area that looked awful familiar thanks to the gps photo’s

Scootaloo called out over the intercom “O.K here we are give me a minute and we’ll touch down!” Doc looked over the landscape and stood up being gentle with Midnight and holding onto the safety rails.

He took a deep breath and recited the Recon creed for everyone to hear

“Realizing it is my choice and my choice alone to be a Recon marine !I accept all challenges involved with my profession! Forever shall I strive to Maintain the tremendous reputation of those who went before me!

Exceeding beyond the limitations Set down by others shall be my goal! Sacrificing personal comforts and dedicating myself to the completion of the reconnaissance mission shall be my life! Physical fitness , mental attitude and high ethics

The title of Recon marine is my honor!

Conquering all obstacles both large and small I shall never quit!

To quit is to surrender, to give up is to fail! To be a recon marine is to surpass failure: to overcome, to adapt and do whatever it takes to complete the mission!

On the battlefield as in all areas of life I shall stand tall above the competition though professional pride integegrety and teamwork I shall be the example for all marines to emulate

Never shall I forget the principles I accept to become a Recon marine. Honor Perseverance, Spirit and Heart!

A recon marine can speak without saying a word and achieve what others can only imagine!”

The offsprey lowered to the clearing and the co pilot pressed the button opening the doors! Doc grabbed the aerial drone holding in one hand and grabbed the repel line ready to

Scootalloo gave the final call “GOOD LUCK MARINES GO, GO, GO!”

Doc looked to his crew his brother’s … and lover. And before he repelled down shouted “FORTUNE FAVORS THE BOLD LETS DO THIS!” and with that he slid down the rope. Most of the weight was held in his belt and he slid down as fast as possible hitting the ground with a thud he stepped out of the way instantly moving and setting up the drone

“ALLL CLEAR NEXT REPELL!”

Phoenix took the initiative to follow first, being a support gunner, he could cover angles well, and suppress any possible hostiles.

After pulling his NVG's down over his eyes and turning them on, he clipped up to the rappel, holding the heavy weight of his MG4 close to his body.The wind from the Osprey's rotors buffeted him as he slid down into the darkness. Once on the ground, he unclipped from the rope and spoke into his radio. "Two off rappel. Three, go."

He shuffled off in the opposite direction to Doc in the clearing, lying down in the scrubby grass and deploying his LMG in an effort to secure a perimeter. The marine scanned what he could, looking at the blotchy green and black world around him, turning up the sensitivity of his goggles. He waited in the chilly wind of the VTOL for the rest to rappel down, or to be given further orders.

The whole ride, Black stayed silent, holding the bow on his lap, and his eyes closed. He always did this kind of thing before a mission, clearing his head, it helped him focus. Once they were told to go, Black heard Doc reciting something. He waited for him to finish, then, watched as he rapelled down, followed quickly by Phoenix. Black stood up, going over to the rope. He rappeled down after them, once hitting the ground raising the bow, and moving one hand to his quiver, making sure that if he needed to he could quick draw the bow. He was watching their right flank, waiting for their last member to drop down from the vehicle.

Midnight had slept for part of the flight, feeling very refreshed as they prepared to jump. She triple-checked her gear, before holding her 50 cal as she watched as Doc, Phoenix and Blackwing all went down. She let out a deep breath, it was go time. Like Doc had said right, Fortune favours the bold!

She clipped onto the rope and started her descent, not bothering with the Night-Vision Goggles. Her 50 was equipted with a heat-scope, meaning for now, she would be fine. Eventually landing, she detached herself from the rope, before going onto one knee and bringing up her scope. Thermal sights were wonderful, and nothing came up, just blankness. She rotated her rifle from side to side, before being very confident that they were in the clear..

"Midnight down, no contacts. First objective, we need to get into sight-line of the first checkpoint so I can take it out" She said as she attached the surpressor on the end of her sniper "Once removed, we move in and split up. Blackwing, you're in charge of the insertion team, Doc and me will provide overwatch, all communications should go through him" She was just relying the orders they'd organised, before going silent. Blackwing was in charge, not her, his call to move. But all she needed was a sightline of the checkpoint, and a few shots, and her 50 would remove everything at the checkpoints.

Doc listened as his squad mates called out that they dropped as they were supposed to. As Midnight hit the ground Scootaloo immediately flew off.

Doc smiled internally at midnight’s commands. After seeing her in the war room he was afraid she wouldn’t be able to handle decision like that.

He continued to set up the drone in silence. … dead silence. Besides his own light breathing out of his nose he heard nothing. It was unnerving to say the least. At last done with the drone he took the almost toy helicopter and set it up he hit the elevate button and it raised into the air! Doc set it to raise and looked thru the Tablet which Camera feed into. He quickly checked thermal and info-red. Besides themselves there were no bodies in the woods.

“Black; drone shows nothing in the woods. Still recommend we proceed with caution. Move on your mark.”

He went back to the tablet and set the drone to fly ahead of them to get a good view of the prison; but that would take a little bit

Archived