A Day in the Life of Lightning Burst and Fairy Sweet

blackswan126

*it was a beautiful day in the Crystal Empire, two crystal ponies walked side by side*

Lightning Burst: *the dark purple pony happily bouncing along the road to her art studio, her dark brown mane bounced as she kept bouncing to her studio, her art bags on her back*

Fairy Sweet: *calmly walking with her childhood friend, her soft curly pale pink and blue lock laid against her soft white coat, her camera and some photos in her bags*

*they enter the art studio, both ponies sit their bags on the floor*

On this nice day in the Crystal Empire, two unusual individuals walked together down the streets of the city. They were not crystal ponies nor were they regular ones. One wore a pair of big butterfly wings colored with a shade of blue and pink, while the smaller pony walking alongside her had crystal-shaped ice wings floating right above her back, three of the crystals on each side. A rare sight for the common eye, for these two were both fairies. Those two were not from the Crystal Empire, but came from Ponyville where they learned to live among the others.

The two of them had a goal today, to simply take a picture of the younger fairy... well, one of them had this goal. The small ice fairy had a grumpy look on her face, her head hanging low as she'd walk forward. The older one had almost gotten used to that face, but it was still bothering her to see her like this. She'd halt her walk, where as the younger one would also stop.

Seria: What is wrong with taking a picture of you, anyway?...

Seria Rosa, the older fairy asked. After she had stopped, the younger one turned herself around.

Freesia: Because I don't like having a picture of me taken!

Her name was Freesia. Although not related to Seria in anyway, the fact that they were both the only fairies known in Equestria made them appear as sisters. Besides the bond they shared made it seem like so. Then again, still only a few knew them. Back to them, Seria would sigh at the answer she was given.

Seria: Isn't there anything that you like?

Freesia: Well yes! Like winter an-

Seria: Besides snow and winter and all that is ice related, that is...

Freesia: Umm... Ice-c-

Seria: Ice-cream does not count either.

Being retorted as such, Freesia sat down and crossed her forelegs together, now pouting. Seria sighed again, throwing her neck down with her mane falling forward, desperated.

Seria: And I thought that taking you out of Ponyville would do you some good!... Yet here you are, whining again...I'm getting desperate...

Freesia: Am not...

Seria would pause for a second, taking the time to let this flow without having to lose her cool. She'd breath in deeply before letting it out. Then her eyes would look down at the ice fairy who had her back still turned to her.

Seria: Fine, you know what? If we take that single picture, we shall go and eat a tasty cone of ice-cream. What say?

The younger fairy would turn her head around, her ears perking up at those words.

Freesia: You mean it?

Already her tone of voice had changed. This was already working! Freesia was such a child...

Seria: I sure do.

The ice fairy would finally get back up and was already ready to walk again.

Freesia: Then let us find that place so we can be over with it already! What are you waiting for?

Freesia began to run ahead, not giving the time to Seria to actually start anything.

Seria: Freesia, wait! You don't even know where it is!

----

After a while the two of them would find themselves standing in front of a building which two other ponies had just entered. They weren't sure if it was there, but the directions they followed matched those they were given... so perhaps this really was the place. After looking at each other briefly, the two fairies would step to the doors and open it to get inside. Once in, Seria would spot the two ponies who had just entered. in.

Seria: Um excuse me, but perhaps you could help us. Is this the right place to take pictures?

(Hmmm, i think ima play RD in this one :P Because, you know, 20% cooler :P)

Rainbow Dash was currently in the clouds doing, well, what she normally did all day. Sleeping. She was in the clouds above the art studio, snoring on a low cloud. She could probably be seen by most of the crystal ponies nearby. She was tired after racing around the crystal empire..... around twenty times, and attempting, and crashing, a sonic rainboom. She

yawned loudly, then put her head down again as she slept, not wanting to wake up for any reason.... other then maybe to get some food.

*both ponies looked over and Lightning Burst hopped right over to them*

Lightning Burst: Yup! *smiles* Welcome to my Art Studio! Photography is considered an art. I'm Lightning Burst and this is my friend, Fairy Sweet. *points to the white crystal pony*

Fairy Sweet: *looks over from her research papers and gasps, smiles* FAIRIES! I knew they existed! *walks over* Welcome! I'm Fairy Sweet and I research fairies. I'll get my camera! *goes to get everything set up*

• 5 weeks later...

The fairies were pleased with the welcoming, but didn't expect to have one of them actually to know about them! Less much researching about them! They felt a bit overwhelmed by this, but Seria at least could understand her reaction. They were rare, after all. Once Fairy Sweet was gone to set up everything, Freesia would get a bit closer to Seria so she could whisper.

Freesia: Is this bad?... what if she knows about our land?

She'd ask.

Seria: Worry not. This won't happen. We're just here to take a picture. Besides there is nothing to be afraid of. Let's just make this pony's day by being here.

After whispering to each other Seria would look at Lightning Burst and would smile.

Seria: I'm Seria Rosa. Here this is Freesia. It is really nice to meet you and... wow! I can't say I'm not surprised that somepony does know about us fairies! I get that we are a surprise everytime somepony sees us for the first time, but I didn't expect someone to be researching fairies either.

Lightning Burst: She always loved fairies ever since she was just a filly and planned to learn more about your kind. She figures that fairies are an endangered species and wants to get a file to find a way to protect it.

Fairy Sweet: She's right. I figured it's very rare to find fairies because there aren't many fairies left in Equestria. I want to make fairies a protected species. *finishes getting the camera and a background ready for them*

Seria tilted her head a little when she heard Fairy Sweet talk. She didn't understand what she meant by fairies 'left in Equestria'.

Seria: ... Fairies left in Equestria?... A protected species? I'm awfully sorry, but... where did you hear all of this? Freesia and I are the only fairies in Equestria right now. W... What about them being endangered? W-What do you know about fairies?

The fairy right now was getting nervous. Her voice showing it near the end of her sentence. Hopefully that this pony didn't know too much or the information about the land could leak around and then the secret wouldn't be safe anymore.

Fairy Sweet: My mother was a fairy researcher before me and she found an entire secret city filled with them. But some bad ponies took them away, my mom died trying to protect them. If I don't find the city and the fairies left there, yor species could be lost....forever.....*looks down sadly*

Lightning Burst: She's right. I have pictures of the lost fairy city from my uncle but that's about it. He said that he seen the city and tried to protect it but with no avail.

((By the way, I have my own way of how the fairies live and all, so I don't know where this is going yet, but this could be interesting :P))

Seria: No... this is impossible! It has to be a lie, please tell me it is!...

The fairy began to tremble at the idea of her land being ravaged. The secret she was supposed to keep about her land had been discovered, somehow... but wait... could it be that there was another population of fairies somewhere? That being the case, surely she would know, wouldn't she? This was all very strange. Freesia next to her didn't know if she had to believe this story or not... she was confused. But when she'd look at Seria, she could feel how stressed she was.

Freesia: You okay?...

Seria heard her voice and this instantly made her come back to where they were. She was looking down and tried to calm down. Now back to herself she was able to think more thoroughly about this. She'd raise her head and look at them both. She'd take a moment, leaving the place silent before she'd speak.

Seria: There... are a few things I need to know... Something is not working out. Tell me what is the name of this 'city' you speak of.

Fairy Sweet: It's an ancient one but I don't believe it's the same as your land. We never see snow fairies here before but the city is called ,"Hi yōsei-tachi no kuni."

Lightning Lightning Burst: In case you don't know what that language is, it means "Land of Fire Fairies."

Seria: Fire fairies?...

Seria looked rather confused.

Seria: I... I did hear about them, but... I never really knew about them all that much... I must have left my own land way too early. If I hadn't, I am certain that I would have heard more about them. The land of fire fairies, you say...

Freesia: Ewww, it must be super hot there, then! I don't wanna go.

The younger fairy turned herself around immediately and sat there crossing her forelegs together as she pulled out a pout. She instantly refused to go to this land. Seria looked at her, giggling a little. It was rather amusing to see, but she'd get her seriousness back.

Seria: Well perhaps you won't, but I certainly will.

She'd look back at the two others.

Seria: I will go and help those fairies. They need help! And I have friends who can join us.

Lightning Burst: Well please be careful. There is a lot of danger there. Oh! *goes and gets a map and gives it to Seria* Here this is a map of how to get to the city. I've been hiding it since my uncle passed away.

Fairy Sweet: Ah! So that's where that map went off to. *looks at Seria* I'll go and Lightning Burst can look after the little fairy. She's really good with kids. In fact, Freesia can help her with her art class that she teaches at the palace.

Archived