Invitations so Inviting! (Snowfinder Marriage: See OOC)

SteelEagle

Trixie initially rolled her eyes in obvious dismissal that anything Pathfinder could have on her would be of any value to the now annoyed unicorn and was about to simply leave her tied up for the duration. However, the more she thought about it, the more plausible it became in Trixie's mind that perhaps, just perhaps, the scatterbrained pegasus actually did find some magical tome or artifact of use during one of her many aimless journeys of wanderlust, and that Pathfinder naturally thought of the only pony in Equestria worthy to bestow such an amazing discovery of mystical knowledge and naturally sought Trixie out!

"Very well, the Merciful and Forgiving Trixie will release you".  The azure unicorn's horn stopped glowing and the tied tent, along with the tan pegasus fell to the ground, and opened up.  Trixie sat on her haunches and nonchalantly took some of the berries out of her bag and began to eat, "so tell Trixie, what amazing find have you come across that compelled you to seek out the most amazing performer of the magical arts in all of Equestria?  Is it an amazing new spell?  A tome of arcane magic knowledge?  Or perhaps an artifact of power that… Isn't corrupting."  She was curious, although she was even more hopeful, perhaps this was the big break she was waiting for after all those times turning up with nothing to show for in her recent travel with Whooves.

Pathfinder.png

"Very well, the Merciful and Forgiving Trixie will release you"

That was pretty nice of her, even if Pathfinder's rooting around for a small knife to cut herself slowly free was turning up successful just as she was let go. She fell a foot before her wings shot out and she caught herself, hovering pleasantly in mid-air. Merciful and Forgiving? What was that all about? She was always describing herself in new ways. Pathfinder liked it! She should start doing so because it made her sound so much cooler than if you just used a name and it made her think of some cooler characters from Daring Do novels. The Most Loving and Sensuous Pathfinder. The Most Exciting and Transfixing Pathfinder. Hmmm...the Most Adventurous and Daring Pathfinder? That seemed to work. Yeah, she'd use that on her business cards- well, less business cards and more oak writing. That she threw at ponies. Who often didn't want it. Fun times, fun times, let'm roll.

"so tell Trixie, what amazing find have you come across that compelled you to seek out the most amazing performer of the magical arts in all of Equestria?  Is it an amazing new spell?  A tome of arcane magic knowledge?  Or perhaps an artifact of power that… Isn't corrupting."

Well, she was a mare after Pathfinder's heart and other parts the more she talked about artifacts of power, corrupting and not. Pathfinder liked that about her! She wanted to have a one on one adventure with her someday. She was an experienced adventurer now! Pathfinder liked it a whole bunch when she could look at another pony and know they could handle themselves. She had adventured with a lot of total newbies to the finer arts of adventuring lately and as much fun as it could be, she found herself wanting to have somepony whom she wouldn't have to save every minute. Maybe every other minute or so- she was still not able to sniff Pathfinder's tail in terms of skill and experience, but then again, nopony not named Daring Do could.

“Oh, maybe I have some things like that up my sleeve. Y'know, they say the Token of Tarbith shouldn't be used near griffons but I found its power to make them bend to your will PRETTY SWEET last time I was there. I also have another piece you may like, but anyway, not at all why I'm here actually! Prepare...to GET HYPE. I mean really hype. You hype yet? Because what I am about to tell you is the most mind-blowing thing in all of history and I need you to be a part of it. Ooh, some berries!” Pathfinder's voice got more dramatic and excited as she spoke before ending with unbridled cheer, taking some of Trixie's berries and stuffing them in her mouth, allowing Trixie's berry juice to dribble out of her mouth. A pregnant pause followed as Pathfinder ate, sitting on her haunches opposite Trixie. With a gulp, she finished.

“I'M GETTING MARRIED TO SNOWFALL! WOO HOO! And I want you to be there as my guest-friend AND as a performer for the reception!” Pathfinder tossed an invite her way like it was a ninja star because why the hay not?

Trixie’s eyes lit up in interest when Pathfinder mentioned that she indeed had some great mystical item on her, well at least that was how Trixie heard it, Pathfinder only said maybe, but the azure unicorn was too excited by the prospect to believe anything in her mind other than some artifact of power was about to be bestowed upon her.   Even when she heard it may be the Token of Tabith and that it effects only griffins she wasn’t totally deterred, although what would she do with a griffin artifact?  It was showing off her magical prowess in Equestria that was important!  Still, it may be worth a valuable trade to some entrepreneuring griffon for something more useful. 

However it turned out not to be the artifact Pathfinder spoke of initially, that there was another artifact that Trixie would enjoy more?   What could it be?   As much as she wanted power, she didn’t care for the idea of controlling other ponies minds, not anymore, not after she saw what dark path such fearsome control would lead her down.  Still, something that greatly enhanced her abilities, or a whole new school of spells and magic, well, she was sure she could still handle that!

Trixie was so excited that she didn’t even complain when Pathfinder helped herself to her berries, a new world of magic was worth even putting up with Pathfinder’s antics for a few more moments.  That was until the pegasus mare revealed her big surprise…

Trixie just sat there in silence with a blank, confused expression on her face for several seconds, only turning her head slightly in confusion and disbelief as she attempted to process what she was just told.  “Wait… Who is Snowfall?”  Trixie shook her head, that wasn’t important, what was important is that Pathfinder strung her along with the promises of magic only to drop this bombshell, as if she expected Trixie to care!  “Marriage?  Wedding?  You?  This is what you made the Busy and Exhausted Trixie wait in antagonizing anguish to hear?!  That you are getting married??  Why would Trixie care about that!!?  UGH!!!  Trixie should tie you up again!!” :twisted:

Trixie was about to launch into another tirade and perhaps carry out her threat when it dawned upon her why Pathfinder invited her to this wedding… To perform!!  It was a natural desire of course, who wouldn’t want the greatest showmare in all of Equestria to put on a show for their guests?!  “Tie you up, that is, if you didn’t seek out the greatest performer in all of the land to showcase her magical showponyship!”  Trixie leaped up on her hind hooves as her horned glowed brightly, shooting a cornucopia of colorful, swirling fireworks into the open air, “of course, what do you offer the Great and Powerful Trixie in exchange for her most exquisite services at your paltry nuptials? Hmm?!” :shifty:

Pathfinder.png

“Wait… Who is Snowfall?”

Psssh, who was Snowfall? Was Trixie crazy in the mebranzay? Who didn't know who Snowfall was? Sometimes Pathfinder wondered if ponies could read as well as she could because they all seemed to not know anything about anything. Maybe it was excusable to not know everything there was to know about the ins and outs of adventuring in the badlands because only Pathfinder and Daring Do knew about it...and maybe Pathfinder had leaned to read from Daring Do, so double Do there. But if you were an Equestrian who knew anything you were an Equestrian who knew Snowfall. It was sad that Trixie was not an Equestrian who knew anything. She was an Equestrian who knew nothing. So sad, no mad though. She'd learn well enough and soon enough to keep tabs on Equestria's most beautiful and bestest mare. Pathfinder was so happy to reveal this that she didn't even let Trixie's anger- “Marriage?  Wedding?  You?  This is what you made the Busy and Exhausted Trixie wait in antagonizing anguish to hear?!  That you are getting married??  Why would Trixie care about that!!?  UGH!!!  Trixie should tie you up again!!”- at being 'misled' get to her. Trixie was a real kidder this way. Haha, Trixie!

“Psshshhhhhhhhshshshshs, who's Snowfall!? CEO of Northern Storm Industries and the most beautiful and most smartest mare anywhere! Oh my Celestia, lemme show you a picture-” Pathfinder dug into her saddlebag and pulled one out, stuffing it into Trixie's face most elegantly. It was a very private photo. “There she is! Isn't she just the prettiest thing AHAHAHAHAHA I AM MARRYING HER!” Pathfinder bounced up and down, hovering in rhythm as she put her picture back and sighed. “And she likes Daring Do and adventures too. It's like she was made in my dreams! Gah! So nice. And her coat is so soft, unf. Anyway. Yeah, that's her. She is super smart. Runs a large corporation too- a techy group. I can gets lot of cool gear for my adventures! Life is pretty sweet in Pathy town!” Pathfinder ended jovially and then fireworks. Fireworks! Yay! Fireworks!

“Tie you up, that is, if you didn’t seek out the greatest performer in all of the land to showcase her magical showponyship! Of course, what do you offer the Great and Powerful Trixie in exchange for her most exquisite services at your paltry nuptials? Hmm?!”

“Haha!” Pathfinder giggled impishly, front hooves dancing to their own fillyish glee as she watched the pretty fireworks in silence for a few seconds as the question of payment finally came up, Oh yeah, Trixie wasn't somepony who worked for free. Well, good! Pathfinder came totally prepared! She knew what made Trixie tick and tock. It was a lot like what Pathfinder tick and tock. Cool ponies were like clockwork, she guessed. “Well, I may know the location of the Talisman of Endless Sight*. And I may have, in the past few days, found it in a ruin after dealing with all the traps and the guardians guarding it. I may have purified it and made it safe for a silly unicorn like you-” tap tap tap on the horn, “-to waltz in, find it, and leave without being harassed. And I may be willing to tell you where it is, even draw you a map of everything you need to know just in case the traps reset, after you perform at my wedding,” Pathfinder winked excitedly. Now this was truest business! “Oh, and Snowfall will pay you handsomely in bits, but who cares about bits when you can get a magical talisman? Am I right or am I RIGHT, right?”

* Rumored legendary talisman that allows the user to see a few seconds into the future.

As  Pathfinder explained in detail who exactly this Snowfall was, Trixie just yawned in boredom and continued to toss berries into her month, mmm, wild raspberries and blueberries!  She had never heard of this Northern Storm Industries, why would she? Trixie wasn’t into corporations; she had her own little sole-proprietorship, struggling and bankrupt as it was. 

She was about to tell the excitable pegasus to stop her pattering when suddenly she found a photo of this fiancée right in her face.  It wasn’t a standard photo, more like a private image between lovers given the risqué pose and sensual attire that only served to bring attention to those more intimate areas not covered.  Trixie blushed wildly as her eyes widened, the pegasus mare in the glossy was rather striking, enough she hesitated to push the image away for a few seconds.  “Yes, yes, very, ummm, nice, Trixie still has no idea who she is though, ahem.”

Even more interesting than photos of cute mares was Pathfinder’s compensation for Trixie’s magical services at her wedding.  Not only was the azure unicorn to be paid in bits, which now sounded far more plausible since this Snowfall ran a company, but it appeared Pathfinder was offering the Talisman of Endless Sight, well at least it’s location minus any troublesome traps or guards.  The Talisman didn’t offer any new spells or increased one’s own magic, but seeing briefly into the future would offer a great advantage during performance; just think, knowing the audiences potential reaction to a trick before she performed it!  The possibilities were endless!  She didn’t want Pathfinder to know how excited she was to get the artifact, not to mention a job.  She put on her best disinterested face complete with flat expression, “intriguing, although the Great and Powerful Trixie does not normally stoop to perform for weddings unless it is of noble caliber, Trixie supposes she’ll make an exception in your case, provided she is paid handsomely and given all the details of the talisman when she arrives, also Trixie wishes to bring a guest!”

She knew exactly who she was dragging to this affair, Whooves!  Imagine his face when he has to attend this pegasus’ wedding!  Mhahahaha!  It'll be glorious and worth it to see his expression alone!

Pathfinder.png

Pathfinder countered the rolling with even more epic-level eye rolling, the sort of eye rolling you could only ever hope to see at some sort off gift shop or novelty store. Her eyes came off! Well, nearly. Trixie still wanted to play being a silly ignorant mare it was no longer lack of information but rather a great desire to remain the ignorant mare she was. Snowfall was obviously the greatest mare of all time and all words to the opposite were lies. Lying was against Pathfinder's code and, more importantly, was against Friend Adventurer. Being against Friend Adventurer was friend treason Friend treason was punishable by lack of friendship. That was the worst punishment of all. Well, second worst. If somepony was banned from adventuring that would be worse than ten tornadoes hitting a ruin and closing it off from every possible entrance.

Luckily, Trixie saved herself from this most terrible fate (Pathfinder hadn't ruined another pony's day never ever but Celestia knows there is a first time for everything) when she totally accepted Pathfinder's offer with exactly twice the excitement Pathfinder was used to when it came to Trixie. She was usually all like, “No Pathfinder don't do that durr durr I'm a fine looking unicorn with attitude and identity issues derp a durr!” but THIS time she was like, “Sure.” and that was way more than Pathfinder was used to. Whether Trixie wanted it or not Pathfinder totally high hooved her. “All right! Awesome! Now my side of the aisle won't be almost totally empty. And of course you can bring somepony- where us your colyfriend, the kooky crazy guy? You can bring him. Maybe you two will get ideas, eh?” pathfinder clicked her tongue and waggled her eyebrows as she elbowed Trixie before pulling back and laughing.

“Ahhh, good times. I gotta go, lots of ponies to find and invite! You should be wary, though. There are some wild Daragaers about six or seven miles to the west coming your way. Put those berries away- it makes them go all nutso! Rarr and stuff,” she patted Trixie on the head, “you probably have an hour. See ya Trixie pixie!” Pathfinder bellowed as she flew away, humming pleasantly to herself

• 2 weeks later...

Trixie wasn’t at all surprised that Pathfinder claimed her side of the aisle would be otherwise empty, or nearly so, she couldn’t imagine the frankly nuts peagsus had many friends, although surely she had a couple relatives? Who knows with that one, she could have been created with chaos magic and Trixie could believe it.  At least they were both on the same page on who Trixie would bring as her plus one, but the azure unicorn visibly cringed hearing once again the all too common perception by others that her and Whooves were a couple!  Why do so many ponies, or giffons, or whatever, make that mistake!  Trixie has never shown the eccentric earth stallion romantic affection, or any affection!!  Occasional kindness sure, but affection?? Please... How can so many be so obtuse!  "Feh, Whooves is not the Attractive and Loving Trixie's coltfriend!! In fact Trixie thought that you and him were, or at least at one time, an item!  At least you also have better taste than to consider such infuriating, outlandish, egotistical pony such as Whooves!  He is merely assisting Trixie in finding magical tomes and that is as only as long as he is useful, and don’t you forget it!!”  Truth was she actually enjoyed his friendship and she really wouldn’t be so callus as to toss him aside if she thought he wasn’t ‘useful’ enough, but Pathfinder didn’t need to know that; the ditsy pegasus had enough wrong impressions as is!

No surprise that Pathfinder suddenly flew off blabbering to herself, that mare had the attention span of a newborn foal.  Trixie was ready to dismiss her nonsense about wild Daragaers nearby who were attracted to her berries, but the more she thought about it, the more she started to actually believe the odd pegasus, after all Pathfinder did somehow manage to survive all those adventures…  Trixie grudgingly accepted that maybe, just maybe, Pathfinder did have some survival skills, and well it couldn’t hurt to keep moving, perhaps to the outskirts of the nearest village, minus the bag of berries, she had enough, no need to have extra baggage, it was the wise thing to do, and if Trixie was anything, it was that she was wise, and humble!

**Exit Trixie**

Archived