Meeting under night

Sethore

Darker Dawn was heavily immersed into his work, chipping away at the wood pieces, soldering the metal together and melting the plastic into the cracks. The work bench was shaped like half a doughnut and Dark was in the very center of the wood chips piles, smoking equipment and oozing jars like some scene in a horror movie. Except that was exactly what he was making, his home was littered in concept sketches and small 3d models of the most terrifying things imaginable but it did not stop there. Much of house’s interior seemed to have a ghastly feel and contraptions and inventions where hidden the piles of leaded paper. Yet this unfathomable mess never made it into the living area or kitchen, where the front door was situated.

“It’s done!”  The royal blue unicorn declared as he threw his hooves into the air and raised his latest creation grandly into the air before quickly putting it back down and rubbing his muzzle. His golden eyes stung and his glasses had left a decent imprint on the bridge of his snout, it was midday when he started but sun went down awhile ago and so was his day to go shopping which left him in a disappointed mood. “I really need to slow down on my crazy and do the necessary things like shopping... and less talking to myself, who does that!? Besides me of course... No bites I see~” The transit ion between the dedicated work area, which was his over packed bedroom, and the small but comfy living area was like escaping prison and the relief was glorious. He set the automatic kettle to boil and took a seat at his little table to wait for it while leaning back far enough the chair rocked   “Maybe one day I’ll be not so crazy and I’ll find some hobbies a normal pony would enjoy... pfft, nah, never!” His scruffy black head fell far enough to obscure the top of his vision from the light as he stretched his arms over the table like someone who had just woken up.

Out on the streets, under the moon, a single pony stalked along the ground. A blue coated Pegasus, she was leaning against the wall. She was tired, exhausted and hungry. She'd been running for many hours, finally having lost her hunter. But now she had nowhere to go, she was always alone, but now she had no other plans, no places of safety. In her mouth, two sharp fangs craved to feed. She beat back the desire, she couldn't lose herself to a bloodlust now of all times! She had to think rationally, logically. That was the only way she was going to survive, and her desire to survive trumped everything.

She looked around, she had no choice. She needed to raid a house, look for supplies and, feed. She should be able to just grab food and that should drive her hunger away for a while. She would only feed on an animal, not a pony. Even as a vampony, she couldn't do it! She refused to sink that low. Looking at the house across from her current location, it seemed like her best option. She needed to get out before the sun came out, while it didn't 'hurt' her, she was almost blind at day and a constantly burning sensation would eat at her all the time she was at it. Making up her mind, she made her way towards the front door.

"I'm not going to hurt them..I just...I just need enough to survive, enough to look after myself" she told herself "I won't become feral, I'll take what I need to live, then leave. Not like anypony wants my company anyway..." she knew she was alone, she'd been alone since that day she'd been bitten. Not accepted with ponies, and hating her own kind, the life of an exile. She reached the front door, and she nearly fell over. She was weak, her dark blue fur was dirty and damaged, her silver mane was also coated in mud and rainwater, messy. Her tail wasn't much better. Her blue eyes didn't hold much light, just the will to survive. But part of her questioned was surviving worth the effort anymore? Just to survive another day, another day or solitude and being cold, hungry and tired.

She reached the lock of the door, pulling picks from her saddlebag. Long ago she learnt how to open a locked door, and it was a skill that had saved her life many times. At this time of night, no one would be awake so hopefully she would enter and leave undisturbed. She didn't want to hurt the owner of the house, but in her weak state, she doubted she could actually overpower a pony if they put up a fight. Finally managed to open the front door, she shoved it open, the hinges making a louder noise than she had hoped for. Getting inside, she closed the door behind her, it shutting with a equallty loud thud. She silently cursed. If anything would walk a pony up, that noise was a great start.  

She needed to move! The kitchen needed to be her first stop, she could barely think straight, blinding hunger eating away at her. She didn't know where to start, and opted to walk through a doorway to the left, walking slowly as to avoid making any more noise than needed. .

Darker finished his long stretch over the table and leaned back to stretch again in the opposite direction before twisting either side and hearing soft cracking in his back. Sitting straight with so little movement had left his back rather stiff and now that his was moving around, pins and needles started popping up all over his body which made him try and shake it out. The kettle made a strange screeching noise when it finished and darker eyed it rather suspiciously when he slowly approached it "Does thou kettle speak beyond mere mortal comprehension?" he whispered in a coy voice but he had only gotten to the bench when the sound of a door slamming emanated from the front. His ear twitched and flipped around nervously as he looked left and right, that screech wasn't the kettle but his trusty door telling him there was a intruder. Darker thought of it as a overused theme in movies, door slams were not scary or even startling and even his most basic creations had more flare. He moaned a little and left his half made cup of tea to go greet his unexpected visitor. he didn't think any other kind of pony but a thief would break into his house, but if they were here to steal stuff they'll be sorely disappointed with his possessions and they were only wasting their time here.

"Hello, I-" Between the kitchen and the living area his face met his supposed thief whom was a female Pegasus, but what made him pause and rethink his first assumption was the sharp canines, hungry look in her eyes and dirtiness. He was puzzled and his head tilted in confusion, ponys didn't eat meat, so what was this Pegasus doing with fangs in his house? and thieves generally don't get that filthy. The Pony had jumped back a few feet back into the living area and made a break for the door she had just came in though but his curiosity was peaked and if unicorns where good at anything, it was magic. "Hold a minute!" He used it slowed them down enough for him to get to the door before they did and in a uncharacteristic way, dragged her back into the kitchen by the tail. It was much easier then he thought possible and either he was oddly powerful or they were sufficiently weakened which would explain that hungry look. Maybe some hospitality would settle her down and he could discover the origin of those fangs and maybe a story!

"Wait a moment" He sat her down at the table and wondered the kitchen he wasn't sure what he could serve but it finally occurred to him that maybe she wasn't carnivorous but vampiric. While still a little crazy it made more sense then meat eating ponys and without even thinking he produced a knife, a glass then sliced himself. "Hoo! What!?" it hurt a lot and brought tears to eyes at which he just realized how dumb what he had just done really was. It was flowing rather quickly and his concern for his well being was steadily raising. The glass of crimson liquid was produced and presented before his captive while his self-inflicted injury was being pressed with a paper towel.

Midnight wasn't too sure what she had spotted, what room she found, but all that vanished from her mind when a pony came into her views. She had been caught! Part of her, the vampire in her, demanded she attack! To take his blood and survive. But she couldn't! She couldn't do that! Instead, she turned around. She had to flee. Turning around, she made a straight line for the door. It should be unlocked still, she could still get out!

What she didn't account for, was the pony was a unicorn, with magic. She heard him ask her to stop. Of course he did, he wanted to have her arrested! She couldn't get caught, she'd die if that happened. But before she was able to realize what was happening, she was being dragged by her tail deeper into the house. She tried to grab at the ground, tried to resist, but couldn't do it! She gave up, she was weak enough as it was, she didn't have the energy. She found herself sitting at a table. She looked across at the pony who'd capture her. She was as good as dead. Part of her just wanted him to end it, after all, she'd lose control and attack him soon enough.

At a loudish noise, she glanced up and couldn't believe what she was seeing. A vial of blood, right in front of her! She slowly moved her hoof to it, poking the vial. Surely it was a trap! No one could know what she was, and no way they were giving it to her. Perhaps they were also one? No, they didn't look it. Was it her hunter? How did he get here first, and why this? It was her execution, not her feeding. She couldn't help herself, grabbing the vial and greedily drinking the blood, letting the liquid go down. After finishing it, she looked up, her mouth stained with red.

"....What do you want from me...? Want to cage me and treat me like a pet? Kill me..." Her voice was cold, she felt like she was as good as dead at this point. That's how she honestly felt, she was as good as dead, she might as well spite the one that'll kill her.

Dark returned to his cup of half made tea and finished brewing it after he had confirmed his assumption correct, leaving him a high spirits. But his acquired injury was still bleeding at a lesser rate and unbearably stinging, he did not keep any medical equipment in his home so he was just going to have to deal with it. when he returned to the table she had already finished the glass with it smear all over her mouth which looked like a kid with food on his face and bombarded him with questions "Primarily i want you to talk to me cause, I live alone and I have no friends..." true he had no more family that spoke to him and pony's avoided coming near in fear of those small contraptions that sometimes make it out of the house "I don't have a cage big enough and I'd probably forget to feed you..." the empty fish bowls supported this claim "I don't think I could manage do it properly, but why do you want to die?" his voice held a upbeat tone and his movements were communicating that same as his words while taking those few pauses to sip his tea.

Looking at her sorry state was rather uncomfortable, all that mud and dirt stuck to your hide and blood smeared on your face just made him want to wipe his face away. "Better yet, before you answer that why don't you clean yourself up a little?" he offer the partially blood soaked paper towel and pointed with the other hoof in the direction of the bathroom "Feel free to shower if you want, I'll still be here... in my kitchen"

Midnight couldn't believe what was happening. Not only did he actually answer her sarcastic questions AND give her blood. But offering to let her shower? Was he insane? Part of her told her to leave, to use it as her escape. But, why? Something about him made no sense to her, and that gave her curiosity to stay and figure him out.  She picked up the blood coated paper and walked towards the bathroom. Locking the door, she couldn't believe what she was about to do. She turned on the water, and started to shower the blood and muck off her.

Nearly 10 minutes later, she exited the door. Her former mud covered coat fur was now a deep blue, and her silver mane hung over parts of her face, clean and shiny. She slowly walked over to the seat where she had been before, and slowly sat down. She looked at the pony across from her.

"Ok...So now what. Am I your prisoner, your guest? What am I to you? And why do you want me to talk to? I'm just some freak...." she looked away from him, her fangs now vanished as she licked across her teeth to make sure. She had to keep moving, her hunter wouldn't let her rest. But she had no choice, she had to play his game for now.

Dark stood up and put his empty cup in to sink when the bathroom door closed and the lock clicked, she probably went out the window while leaving the shower on but the brief interaction with another pony was pleasant. The cut into his hide however was not so pleasant for the pain had yet to subside but the bleeding had at lest stopped. He could not fathom how he has accomplished this without a second thought and further more without realizing what he was doing but at lest he knew he was dreaming. "Bet it'll leave a scar" Caught up in the moment he hadn't notice his own hunger and his stomach growling in protest until now. Shopping was on the agenda today for a reason and the only edible things left in the house were a few carrots. He returned to the small table with a small meal, placed his glasses on the table and started on the first carrot.

About half way though the carrot the shower fell silent and dark stared blankly at the bathroom door. "She is still here...?" as of yet all, his assumptions had been wrong and feeling oddly happy he had been. He could only just make out her outline moving toward the table and setting back down in front of him with the same bombardment of different questions "I'm not sure 'what now'..." he had never planed far ahead "You were only a captive for the six seconds I dragged you to this table. You got into my house and you can just as easily leave if you so choose" Lock picking was a useful skill but it had never one dark every tried to learn, she was fed so trying to hold here now was going to be to much effort and end badly for him. "I like talking and you seem unique, I'd like to get to know you and those fangs... And is there anything wrong with being a freak? I myself am considered a freak, not the same kind, but one none the less... Let me show you!" He immediately put his glasses back on and quickly walked into his room, kicking the sea of paper into the living area. Majority of it were schematics for small designs but some had frighteningly gruesome images and colored drawings. he watched her for a reaction and toke notice that she was rather beautiful "And might i say you look lovely, without the mud"

Midnight watched carefully as her 'captor' talked to her. In some ways, he was probably right. Because he'd given her some blood, she would probably be able to overpower him and escape. But part of her was still cautious. No pony had ever acted like this, at least, not to her. So what was different here? When he mentioned her fangs however, a dark look came across her face. These fangs defined her and partly made her who she was, an exile and a freak! And he was interested in them! She let a small escape her throat. But before she could reply, he kicked papers. She quickly took a look at them, and they looked strange, spooky even. What were these?

"W-what....What are these?" she asked, picking one up and finding it rather gruesome, but interesting. She would have continued, if he hadn't said she looked lovely. She glared up at him, a small tinge of red on her cheeks. Did he just...just say that? To her!?

"What....what...what did you just say?" She wasn't being sarcastic or trying to be, she couldn't believe what she'd just heard with her ears. She was certain she'd misheard him, no way he called her lovely, but she wanted to check just in case she wasn't hearing things. In which this pony is insane!

Dark was overjoyed that she didn't pick one up and immediately throw it away in disgust, very few pony ever saw his works and most of them couldn't look at it for more then 10 seconds. Unintentionally one of his creations had conveniently hidden itself in that particular pile of paper that was kicked into the living area, a small cube holding together despite the deep cracks into it. Though magic he carefully moved it to a safe place on the table when she demand he to repeat what he had previous said "I'm a freelance concept designer" Everything around him was mostly his own idea, but some of them were commissioned by a company trying to make a horror movie and he received those commissions daily "and I said you look lovely..." he toke a moment to contemplate the slight redness in her face, was she upset or angry? was it him or the drawing? maybe the cube?

He quickly pranced up and down on the spot with a distraught expression, throwing paper in the air in accordance with his rhythm. "Ooh, I didn't mean to upset you. Here, I'll pack this back away" He swiftly started sorting the designs from the drawings and place them into 2 neat piles, he didn't want to scare her away just yet and be left alone. he moaned and grumbled as he judged every page "I should be more careful about showing these off, otherwise I'll be reprimanded again" its was like a terrible dream every time he thought of it, but it was partly the reason why he didn't talk all that often to other ponys.

Midnight looked up at him. He was unusual, this design shows he is into a darker place than most ponies. He was talking to her, didnt' seem to see her fangs as scary, but wanted to know about them. Unusual was the name of the game for him, and while she hated to admit it, she and him could probably get along. They both were loners, exiles, and they could stick together. Hopefully, maybe...

"Lovely..." she repeated the word in her mouth, it felt, wrong. She hadn't been hearing things, but why? She wasn't lovely, she didn't look good, she was a monster with sharp teeth, a hunger for blood, and yet.. Maybe he was just being nice, to make her feel better? Yeah, that's gotta be it.

"It's...It's fine. Sorry, it's been...far too long, since I talked to another pony properly. Most, well, hate me. Because of these" she opened her mouth, her fangs sliding out "They see that and they're out, and my own kind. Well, they call themselves my kind anyway, wanted nothing to do with me" She didn't mention her hunter, no need to scare the pony. Maybe he wouldn't look here, maybe she'd regain enough strength to fight him off, live in peace. There were options now, she might be able to live a life worth living, not just surving, but properly living.

Darker dropped what he had already sorted on to the ground and spun his head around to met her gaze with his own. Her words described a very similar life he had and made him really think about himself, no pony in the village spoke so much as two words to him from some misplaced fear and his family had just stop sending letters one day. "And all you want to do is find somewhere to fade away..." his happy outlook broke, his heart hurt and all he could do was sit still and stare blankly at the ceiling trying not to cry. They were his words intended for himself and pretty much defined his future as far as he saw it.

He pieced himself back together within a few seconds and smiled at her, it wasn't about him right now and he was meant to be comforting her not the other way around "All I see is Pegasus. As for the fangs or whatever else you might have, I will always see it as beauty. Something no other pony possesses, Unique to you" He felt the need for another cup of tea and started brewing again in the kitchen, this time in a pot. "Even if your kin reject you and ponys hate you, do not blame yourself or any part of yourself for it because in the long run, you are also a living creature. Can you drink tea?"

Midnight nodded her head when he said she wanted somewhere to fade away. Did he understand her, at least, better than most. He looked different, looked no longer happy and excited and now upset. Had she, upset him? How? What had happened, so bad, that she'd managed to upset him? And why did she care? Normally she'd never care for another pony, and yet, this one was different in so many ways. He hadn't rejected her, he hadn't hurt her. He'd even fed her! If that meant anything, she'd be safe here.

But what came next, she wasn't prepared for. He made her feel worthy, worthy to be alive. It had been many years since she felt that, far too many years. And now, she had no idea how to act. For years, she'd react by attacking or fleeing. But now, after that was driven into her like an animal instinct, she didn't know how to react. What to say, how to show she is greatful for a chance. Even if she blows it, a chance is all she wanted. And she promised she'd never ruin this chance. She could turn her life around now, no way she could afford to mess it up.  

"I....I...i'm..." Midnight didn't know what to say, the offer for tea had completely stunned her, and she was still trying to recover from his talk about how she wasn't worthless or an animal. She looked at him with a blank look, almost as if she was paralysed.

He finished the tea a lot slower then he usually would, taking much more care in preparing it to a higher standard. He'd brew tea many times and it just became second nature, however making it for someone else adds a twist and a demand for better then normal. He laid the cloth on the table and placed the pot on top along with 2 cups for himself and her and a small container of sugar, he thought serving her might present more pain then delight but if she could drink it she would be able to serve herself and in future he wouldn't need to ask that question. He sat back down again, maybe this time was the last he would need to, and poured himself a cup with a small amount of sugar.

She was trying to say something but it wasn't coming out quickly and it seemed it was important somehow, a defining moment of sorts, one not to be interrupted. Or she wanted to leave and didn't want to be mean in some misguided way. that thought was the most unpleasant, he didn't know her at all and while he though she was similar, he could've just been trying to see himself. It tore his smile from his face just like last time and he didn't want to think about sitting alone again although he was sure it would come to pass again.

He stared intently at her eyes, her hair, her fangs. Her name was the only thing missing and he almost didn't want to know what it was, he was fragile as it was and remembering names was a gift he had. Time felt like it was moving increasingly slowly and he barely moved even to drink his tea, he was going to be as patient as required and wait for her to formulate her words. If patience ever had time to shine it was now, but every second made it harder to fight the doubts he held.

Midnight watched in confusion as a cup was placed in front of her, and a pot of warm liquid found itself there aswell. She sniffed, but she wasn't sure what it was. Still, watching carefully as he made himself something, pouring the liquid and putting something in it. She copied his actions, though stared at the liquid for a while, uncertain if she would enjoy it. She took a small sip from it, and she had to admit, it tasted amazing. It made her feel warm inside, an extremely unfamiliar feeling. But she liked it.

She looked at the pony, her glass of liquid in her hooves. Despite everything, she realized she had no idea what his name was. She knew almost nothing about this Stallion, for all she knew, he could be trying to get her to lower her guard to take advantage of her..But if that was the case, why feed her? She didn't properly understand what was going on, but part of her wanted to understand.

"It's...." She paused, did he want to know? Should she tell him? She was asking herself so many questions because she wasn't sure what she could and could not ask. "Midnight... Midnights my name" she said, looking at him curiously "You...you are..?"

He nodded slowly as though processing what midnight had said and beamed a smile. Exchanging names was not a small thing in his world, and while it was never going to be something he forgot, maybe she'll be around a little while longer and enjoy the tea "It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance Midnight, My name is Darker Dawn." He had more he wanted to say in his rush to respond, but maybe it was too early or was it the right time? He tried to bite his tongue before uncontrollably continuing "I am not as old as I look and practically blind without my glasses..." that was terrible, no one ever wanted to know how poor his vision was. He picked up his cup and quickly downed the rest of the tea then nervously went for a refill.

"So, Erm... What-" it must have been delayed between him drinking and talking because he suddenly started coughing and almost split the pot everywhere, or was it a elaborate set up to buy time and figure out what he was going to say next. What brought her here is a no go so many things could go wrong with that question, so maybe something in relations to her personally? his attention was draw back to where the fangs were and his expression was plastered with curiosity and eagerly waited as though he had asked a questions. Some days he forgot he wasn't psychic.

Darker Dawn...So that was his name, the name of the pony who'd taken her in. In all those many years alone, this was probably the first one to take her in since she'd changed. She took another sip of her tea, enjoying it. She guiltily looked at her cup, it was empty and she wanted more. She gingerly moved her hoof forwards, looking at him. Was she...was she allowed to? She couldn't help herself, she moved her hooves forwards and poured herself another cup of tea. She greedily drunk most of it down, before remembering she was his...his guest? Was she a guest here? Not a prisoner, but a guest?

"I......I don't see, see what's so bad...I-I mean, the only reason I've got great vision is because of what I am, not because I am lucky" She wasn't sure why she was consoling him, but she had to. "And......I probably should say this, I should have said this ages ago...Thank you, for...for all" she looked around her "All of this, before tonight, I was nothing. Absolutely nothing, I had no real purpose to live. And now, well, it's better than before. Some pony to talk to, even if only for a short time. You gave me...gave me blood willingly, without thinking, without even asking what I am. I even broke in here, and what did you do? You took me in with open arms....So, for everything, I thank you...." 

Dark yawned and nodded his drowsy head, the time was most certainly past his bed time and now he was starting to feel it weighing down on him "You are most welcome midnight. I'm probably the most nutty pony around here and as I said before, I have no one to talk to so I too must thank you for spending the time with me" Dark put his hoof on his heart with a hearty smile and toke a moment to think on what she had said, it sounded like she was preparing to leave. He wanted her to stay but her decision is her own and he didn't want to meddle to fair into others affairs. Lest of all the ones he feels comfortable talking with and possibly hurt them "I would like to stay up all night with you, but alas I must sleep. Feel free to stay here as long as you like. And if you do leave, you are most certainly welcome back anytime. Help yourself to anything in the house... just leave me the house at lest"

With that, he pushed himself from the table and collected his cup and the tea pot, topping up Midnights cup with the last of the liquid, and placed it all in the sink for quick rinse. "Today has been a good day~"

Midnight simply listned, not smiling, as Darker thanked her. She really was thankful for him, but when he mentioned that he was planning to sleep, she grabbed the fear of being kicked out. She didn't want to leave, but...could she stay? She couldn't hide a large smile that came onto her face when he said she could stay! It wasn't a home, but it was as good as it got for her. She found herself completely lost for words, actually battling her emotions.

She had somewhere to stay, it wasn't her house, but it felt like a home, which she hadn't felt in years. Sure she'd had 'houses', but they were usually abandoned places or ones she'd stolen. But now, she'd been given somewhere to live. She greedily drunk down her tea once again, unable to stop herself before a yawn forces itself through her. She'd been running for days, and had very poor sleep because of it. She may be a nocturnal creature, but her bodies most basic demands were overcoming that.

Hopping off the chair, she looked for somewhere she could sleep. She spotted several cushions on the ground, and made her way to them. She patted them down before curling up on them like a cat, before closing her eyes and quickly falling to sleep.  

Dark finished rinsing the pot and tea cup along with midnights tea cup he toke when she left the table and placed them upside down. When he turned around, his happiness was a maximum capacity for she was patting down on some pillows and curling up on them. Unfortunately his spare room was buried under the sea of paper and after the recent events he strongly considered cleaning it up for once in a very long time. But not right now, maybe a blanket would be better then just those cushions and Dark went to collect one from the cupboard and brought it back to give her. But she was already asleep and he stood in disbelief, how was she so comfortable in a strangers home? "I hope you sleep well..." He threw the blanket over her and made his way to his bed, whatever it was that bugged him about it needed to wait, leaving it until later was better then forgetting to get up and go shopping in the morning.

It was about late evening when dark awoke and while he rolled around trying not to really wake up he, noticed the time "Shopping!" Bouncing out of the bed and made a mad rush out of his room and into the kitchen to grab his wallet, a wave paper following shortly behind. "Bits..." Bolting into the lounge room to grab his saddle bags, and emptied the tools that were contained within all the while patting his head for something. "Bags, and now..."Then back though the sea of paper that was his room to fetch his hat and came out prancing up and down "Hat! Ohh, I'm going to have to run. Why can't shops be open until night ti-" He suddenly remembered something from last night, But was it a dream or not? he checked where he remembered cutting himself and sure enough the red line was there proving he wasn't the only one in the house and he had just made a huge ruckus for no genuine reason. His head spun to the cushions with a very apologetic expression, he was going to feel like a ass if he disrupted her sleeping.

Midnight slept the best she'd slept in the longest time, she couldn't even remember how long it had been that she'd slept like that. Most nights she was outside in the cold, the rain, starving. This time, inside a warmish building, fed and dry, she had practically gone down like a log. Her mind was blank as she slept, no dreams coming to her mind. Normally she'd get visions of her kind flashing around, but this night it was different. This night so much was different, partly it felt like she wasn't her, that she was somepony else who'd gotten lucky.

Her ears twitched at noise..noise! She was normally a heavy sleeper, but she was on alert. The noises continued, and gently, Midnight got more and more awake. Slowly, she opened her eyes and was met by a shimmer of silver, her main was in her face. Blowing it out of the way, the first thing that caught her eyes was a pony, looking straight at her...A pony....Indoors...

Her mind took several seconds to remember where she was, and who that was. Darker....Darker.... The pony that had kept her out of the cold. She brought her hoofs up, noticing something on her back. A blanket...How did that get there? It wasn't there when she'd gone to sleep. She rubbed her eyes and tried to battle back a yawn, but failing. "H...hello..." she said sleepily "did I...did I miss something?"

She was sprawled across a few cushions with a blanket and looked peacefully asleep, the kind of sleep he wishes he had, until she stirred and looked at him. Her presence here was always going to be uplifting and she didn't look any less attractive then yesterday. However Dark felt extremely guilty and ass like for waking her up due to his poor memory and complete lack of agility, like watching your own stupidity play out its effects and you can do nothing to prevent it. He wanted to what until she was a little more awake before pleading for forgiveness but his stomach growled hungrily and urged him to hurry up and get going "Awww, I'm sorry I woke you Midnight!" His prancing on the spot began again but he thought he'd need to make it up to her after his shopping "Its just that I non-purposefully slept in and I need to go shopping before the stores close because I have no more food left in this house to feed myself." The only thing really left was the tea, and there was lots of it.

He made his way across the lounge room very quietly and sure-hoofed despite already causing the damage, more so to minimize any more disruption. Maintaining some distance from her as he passed and opened the door a sliver before turning once again to her after another sudden realization. Since she was already awake, maybe she'd like to tag along with him? "Would you like to join me?" there were ulterior motives for the request and Dark was trying his best to convince himself otherwise, but in the end he had asked and it was all up to her to decide.

Midnight smiled up at Darker, he may have woken her up, but it was the best sleep in a long time. She felt physically refreshed, which was a very nice change to what she was normally was. So he needed to go food shopping? Something Midnight didn't really have issues with, due to her main food sources being blood, makes her version of shopping very different to a normal ponies. But Darker wanted her to come with him?!

Midnight stood up, stretching her back and flapping her wings several times to make sure she was awake. Stretching to ensure she didn't hurt herself, a certain thought entered her mind, her hunter. Where was he? Would he find her here and ruin what she was doing? They were unrelenting, she just prayed, prayed, that she could set up a normal life, with.....Darker. He was her one hope at a normal life, she just hoped she didn't mess it up.

"Well....I don't want to be an issue, but..well, you're doing all this for me. So i'm in" Midnight stood up, walking over to him, trying to make her mane look nice "Where do we need to go?"

Dark grinned at her, it was almost like a dream come true for him. Someone to listens without judging too much on his appearance or hobbies and a similar story of their lives, she seemed to worry a little about the state of her mane and dark immediately fetched a brush for her and while collecting it he found his trench coat in the laundry. Almost like he couldn't live with out it he grabbed it and beckoned her out the door with him and giving her the brush. The evening light on the horizon illuminated the colorless silhouettes of far out houses and the noticeable void between his house and the next pony, the hardened dirt road was undisturbed by his soft hoof falls. He toke a few moments to conjure a small ball of light that followed him and filled the gaps in the darkness. The buildings grew closer together and dirt road transformed into a stone path littered with a few papers and filers blowing around in the wind. At this moment he became animate of walking beside her rather then in front and his full guard came up, motioning the direction when they needed to turn.

They both came to a large and rather old looking warehouse store with the sign out front saying 'Shack of foods and odd goods.' His guard dropped completely with a breath of relief and smiled at her again in his normal way "He we are Midnight. I'm going to grab the things I need, feel free to grab what ever you want. I have enough bits to fuel a small company" he poked his tongue at her and enter though the warehouses double doors and greeted the counter pony with a familiar tone as he walk by. Nothing beats the refreshing smell of a warm store house of food~

Midnight followed Darker out, using the brush he'd been kind enough to lend her to style her mane so it was no longer ugly to look at, now straight and long, nearly covering her eyes. She felt cleaner than she'd ever felt in years, she couldn't remember the last time she'd had the time to brush her mane and look nice. Following Darker out of the house, she was very happy that it was later in the day. Sunlight, while not lethal to her, caused her much discomfort and not worth it to her.

As they walked to the market, she kept looking around. She had to stay away, Darker might not know of her hunters, but she doubted they would give up the hunt they'd pursued for nearly a year. Her mind went back to her hunters, surely they'd arrived by now, so they would be hunting for any signs of her, so missing animals and attacks. If she could avoid that for a month or so, maybe they'd leave. Then she count sort out her life, find a way to life without bothering others and not on the run.

"Wait, wait..." She said, far too late as Darker had already gone inside. She'd been completely distracted by him sticking his tongue at her, an action that caused much confusion, and left her stunned. She slowly walked inside the market, looking around, she wasn't entirely sure how markets worked, and she didn't have any money on her!

Dark watched the counter pony watching him, what was so interesting about him that the pony couldn't stop staring? He selecting of grocery's got slower and slower as his paranoia was steadily raising from the soul piercing eyes this they seemed to possess. He started muttering to himself as his glance bounced between the carrots he was trying to grab and the pony "Why are they looking at me like I stole their favorite pillow...!?" Only when the ball of light seemed to position itself between him and them did he piece together what was really going on and immediately face-hoofed at his childish idiocy. He removed the light completely and smiled at the pony that instantly lost interest and returned to whatever counter ponies do when they get bored. He wondered around the shop with his basket, collecting his grocery's at the other end of the warehouse and periodically double checking what he already had in the basket. "Carrots, Beans, Celery... Oh, no Celery, I'll need that..."

Eventually, after a long while when he collected everything he wanted, he searched down the isles until he found Midnight. With nothing in hoof. He wasn't sure if she was still browsing for something or didn't want anything, he just wanted to make sure she wasn't holding back on his account of anything. He trotted up and next to her and obviously looked around for a basket of her own "I see you remained empty-hoofed, and no basket. I have plenty of bits, you do not need to hold back or anything for me" Though when he looked at her, she looked more confused then considering and it toke only a short ponder before Dark was questioning with an eyebrow arched up "Have you never been shopping?"

Archived