Patches

BabyBlueBunny

ddWa5TW.jpg

Name: Patches

Species: Earth Pony

Eye Colour:  Sky blue

Character Colour: Pastel Brown

Mane/Tail/Other: Mane and tail is dark brown in color. Mane is kept out of Patches’ face with two pink mane clips. Tail is long and fluffy and drags on the floor. Scratches and small wounds can be seen sprinkled around her body.

Physique: Thinner than an average pony.

Residence: Patches avoids staying in one place for too long due to her curse. So, she travels around most of the time.

Cutie Mark: A four leaf clover being cut with a pair of scissors.

Unique Traits: Patches is cursed with extreme bad luck, which explains her cutie mark. Some occurrences can be random and unexpected. Ponies around her can also be affected. Either it’s her tripping into a cliff and falling onto a pool of cacti, or it’s her simultaneously breaking 8 very expensive vases due to her accidentally slipping on a conveniently placed banana peel, it’s never gonna stop. Regardless if she gets badly hurt or not, the pain will still be felt. In order for her to not die from these occurrences, the curse has provided her body with the ability to heal quicker than normal ponies. It also made it possible for her not to pass out too quickly for her to feel every bit of pain. Patches has gotten used to this, and has learned to accept it as well.

Because of this, Patches has a very big advantage in fights and combat, except for one very crucial problem. This earth pony does not, and would never want to, fight. She has no knowledge of combat. And if ever she ends up in a conflict, she just takes all the blows and bares it until it’s all over.

And in a group combat, she be more than happy to give herself as the distraction or support. All that she can do just so her friends or partners would be safe.

History:  (Still thinking about it…)

Character Personality: Patches is nervous and cautious. She overthinks everything and is always on the look for danger. She does everything in her power to try to avoid any kind of bad happening, especially when she’s with other ponies. Which results in her avoiding ponies. But even though, she could never hold herself from making friends, and regretting it later. 

• 3 weeks later...

Dear BabyBlueBunny,

I wanted to add some responses to the applications on this forum because they all seem pretty quiet and while reading these threads I thought to myself I could always be that someone to do something about it. In the forty seconds of looking I did your application caught my attention with it's pretty art work. I looked at your profile picture and saw a cute little chibi pony covered in band-aids and bruises. I thought to myself 'why' and 'They look so happy' but when I looked at the picture here I saw the sad face on your character instead and couldn't help but start trying to piece together what Patches was like.

I read the sheet then started asking myself questions, trying to come up with answers for them based from what you said. While I was thinking of questions I should probably put them into my post because it's sort of apart of my opinion. I'm just sharing the questions I came up with and hoping they might insight some ideas or just be a good excuse to make a post in these threads. My questions for you are:

Does Patches have parents? What are they like? - I personally would imagine they would be very loving and caring for their daughter's plight; perhaps to help compensate for her misfortune they would be especially caring. The other part of my mind thinks she could be the one who cursed Patches in the first place for whatever reason.

Where does patches live? What's their home like? - My head canon: Bubble wrap all of the things!

Does Patches have any friends/siblings/relatives they get along with over their curse or are they alone in this situation? - Maybe a pony she likes or a pony that likes her instead?(maybe even secretly!) Or maybe a griffon... (Ship)

What motivates them to stay happy? - I'm sure there is something that keeps Patches smiling through the day right?

Does their history involve an encounter with a witch of some kind? - Or perhaps Discord the master of chaos and calamity himself?

Has Patch's bad luck/does their bad luck ever come in handy? - Worst hostage ever!

What do you want to do with your character: What kind of things do you want to play out?

What is your goal in playing them: What motivated you to create this kind of character?

How will you get enjoyment from this: What about patches is the most fun to you? - Something I try to ask myself a lot when I play.

I put my thoughts about those questions in the post too hidden as white text. (hopefully your backgrounds are white too) I'm sorry if these questions aren't helpful and I'm sorry if I misrepresented the point of being able to reply to these applications. I'm not going to be upset if you have anything against what I've said here and will be glad to remove anything that makes you uncomfortable. I'm very new to role-playing myself and I can't tell if I've picked up a lot of bad habits so these might not be the best kinds of questions to ask or even on the right track of thinking. If someone else has something to say or add that could correct the wrong thinking here please do so.

If you sat through and read all the way to here then I just want to say thank you for reading. I appreciate you taking the time to read my writing and can only hope you enjoyed reading it. If my words could sooth your hearts I would be content with my life.~ :smirk:  <3  :Celest: 

Edit: Pesky Typos. Red and read are not the same! Bad Nell.

Edit: Replaced the word "Ignored" with the word "Empty" on line one.

Edit: Replaced the word "Empty" with "Quiet" on line one.

Halcyon,

The FFA character sheets section is just for people to post information about thier characters so that people they are RPing with can have some background. The sheets here are completely optional, and so are not reviewed by the RP staff. We do, however, review the apps for Canterlot Chronicles and World if Equestria. So, we're not ignoring this section, its just that since FFA is open to any and all characters, we don't formally critique the sheets :)

Halcyon,

The FFA character sheets section is just for people to post information about thier characters so that people they are RPing with can have some background. The sheets here are completely optional, and so are not reviewed by the RP staff. We do, however, review the apps for Canterlot Chronicles and World if Equestria. So, we're not ignoring this section, its just that since FFA is open to any and all characters, we don't formally critique the sheets :)

Dear Corsair,

You're right. This forum, the Free for all role play section and these sheets are not meant to be formally critiqued and I'm sorry if I made my message seem like I was attempting to formally critique the character posted. I only mentioned this area being ignored not because off a lack of critiques but the fact it was almost devoid of responses. I'm not sure if one purpose of FFA Sheets is to be a pressure free forum to create a character that can be viewed by others for reference without restrictions or if it is for or additionally to allow you to make a character that is looking for input among the previous or perhaps additionally looking for an informal critique. I did neither mean to suggest that the staff or Canternet.com officials were not doing what they were supposed to nor that the area was ignored to say... to say that no one cared.

I was trying to point out a lack in activity on this particular part of the forum and I should have worded it better because it did come out badly. I am sorry to have miss communicated  the idea I meant to express, for making you or anyone else that read the message feel less than happy, and for posting both that and this response into this thread, derailing the topic above. I only though there could be more discussion on these applications about the characters, maybe questions to get more information about them for coming games or to spur ideas to be discussed in an out of character thread. BabyBlueBunny's character still has some WIP content and I thought I could inspire some ideas to help them finish it; I wanted to comment and share the impression I got of their character after reading through a bit of it thinking I could maybe help to motivate them to finish it. I know sometimes it can be hard to motivate yourself to finish something sometimes but I didn't want to see that happen on the applications I've looked at...

Corsair is this the wrong place to make this kind of post? I'm sorry if I have broken a rule and I will remove my messages if they are in the wrong place. Also please take my response positively. I'm glad you took the time to point out something like that. I'm not trying to sound like I'm complaining or upset but I don't know what to expect on each thread. I feel like I may have been doing a little more writing than reading in these various chat sections and in this one particular forum as well. My confusion is my own fault. I suppose I should spend less time commenting on other's works and more time making my own way through this site.

Those sorts of posts are indeed in the wrong area. Really the best area for In-Character letters would be a Character Blog. 

This particular area of the forum is designed for Character Sheets, so it will naturally have less activity, it serves as a reference forum rather than an activity based forum. And since character sheets are optional for FFA, if there is a lull in posts here, it wouldn't really surprise me. I do hope you understand :)

-Star Swirl

Archived