(Ponyville) Something Special (ATTN: Zoebel All others PM for Invite)

Lux

Z8cNliC.jpg

This had to be a very frightening... no the most frightening day of Guiding Light's life as he exited the school house along with his fellow school mates. This was worse that the time he got lost in the Everfree Forest at Night, worse than his bouts of shyness, even worse than when he encountered that skunk that he thought was a cat. He paced back and forth nervously as all of the other fillies and colts went about their merry way, some in groups of friends bound for fun and adventure while others walking home.

"How did I get into this mess?" Light muttered knowing full well how he did. Of course it happened today, a day that started like any other but ended in the most terrifying and yet somehow nice way. And it was all thanks to... her. Why of all ponies did he react the way he did to her?

As his mind swam with the events of the day, he pondered to run away back home or stay behind. He got himself into this and the last thing he wanted to do was chicken out.

"I can do this," he said hoping that if he said it long enough he'd actually believe it. 

• 3 weeks later...

dyt8rsY.jpg

Bebop walked out of the school with a bounce in her step, this was gonna be fun! She was gonna spend time with one of the first friends(possibly more than that) that she'd met since she'd come to Ponyville. Guiding Light seemed to be a bit shy but he was quite nice. He had wound up asking little Bebop out during a moment in which she'd awkwardly wound up on top of him after saving him from being nailed in the had by a runaway Egg-drop project. He seemed nice so she didn't really see any reason as to why she shouldn't accept; she had nothing going on today anyway and her grandparents wouldn't freak too much if she came home a bit late. 

Once the young filly got out she coughed a bit, not the kind of cough that was supposed to get a pony's attention; She made plenty of those to know the difference. This was a cough to dislodge a rather persistent but weak itchiness in her throat. She hoped she wasn't coming down with something. Well it didn't seem bad enough to put off her date... so she went ahead and suddenly poked the young colt's shoulder from behind and smiled happily.

The colt looked around for his friend who was a filly and possibly fillyfriend but for some reason couldn't tell where she was despite most of the ponies leaving the school. Maybe he missed her, or maybe she was in the school house asking Cheerilee something. He began to wonder if this was just something he made up in his mind, that him meeting her was all an accident and she really wasn't interested. He was about to considering leaving when he felt somepony tap her on his shoulder, giving him a little fright but not enough to make him jump like he did a few years ago when he was that shy yellow unicorn. He turned to see the cute brown pony there with a smile. 

"Oh hi there Bebop! I'm glad that you agreed to join me. You din't have any plans after school, did you?" 

• 3 weeks later...

oeruiIAl.jpg

The filly shook her head  and took her notebook back in her magic to swiftly write down a question of her own. On the notepad she asked if he had any plans either, after posing that query she added another written statement to the pages that said she needed to be home before it got dark though so she had some time. The filly then slid the book back in a saddlebag at her side and waited for Light's response.

"No, I have all day to do things," Light said responding to the question on Bebop's notebook. He couldn't help but notice what elegant hoofwriting she had, although this was probably a requirement since she couldn't speak. There was one stipulation to the plans, that Bebop had to be home by dark. Well certain things that the yellow colt had planned like showing Bebop his light magic talent and doing a little stargazing were out of the picture. 

"Parents want you home before dark huh? My parents were kind of like that until I found out my talent. Guess once they learned I could create light they were less afraid that I'd get lost in the dark. Speaking of that I'm kind of surprised that you don't have your cutie mark in something musical. You play very well with your harmonica." 

Although time was limited in what the pair could do before it got dark, Light wanted to get to know the filly to see what the possibilities were for a future friendship or relationship. 

"So where do you like to go or things you like to do besides school and playing your music?" 

• 2 months later...

oeruiIA.jpg

The filly took note of Light's slightly disheartened tone in his voice. The little filly took a few moments to think and then looked back up at guding before swiftly writing out that maybe she could let her grandparent's sweat a bit... and also since he had his light talent it may give her a bit of slack.  She smiled a tad mischievously before walking up besides the colt. When she heard his question about her other interests she smiled and wrote a word in possibly the most beautiful hoofwriting with all kinds of swirls and loops; The word depicted being Calligraphy. In addition to that she wrote she enjoyed watching magical feats too. 

Guiding Light didn't know that he displayed his dismay for not being able to stay out so well on his face. But to his delight he saw that Bebop was willing to bend the curfew rules a little to stay out past night. 

"Great! I promise that I won't keep you out too late so they don't worry. If they say anything I'll tell them that it was I that asked you to stay out so you don't get into problem. You live with your grandparents?"

When asking what she liked to do, the filly presented what looked like a mix of words and art. It reminded him of vines around a tree and was very pretty. 

"So that's what it's called, calligraphy. It's very pretty. My writing isn't all that great with my magic so I do more hoofwriting. I like seeing magic too. I guess my magic is... ok. Anyway, I want today to be your special day. So where would you like to go to first?" 

• 3 months later...

oeruiIAl.jpg

With another few deft moves of her pencil she nodded and presented another page of her book that said: "Yep, My mom and dad are travelling to country playing music for their fans and they didn't want me to get stressed out by the enviroment... whatever that means." The little blond filly held her hoof to her mouth as she chuckled silently. She then looked over to the colt's cutie mark and thought for a moment. His talent was light based right? Maybe there were other older ponies who knew more about that sort of thing.

Bebop thought again for a moment before she asked on her notebook if there were any good places for food in town and that she'd kinda forgotten her lunch today.

The colt assumed when she mentioned staying with her grandparents meant something bad happened to her parents, but as Bebop mentioned, she did have parents but they were away on a tour. He wondered why she go along with them unless they preferred for her to be in school. Guiding Light couldn't help but shake her head at the comment about the reason why Bebop's parents preferred her to stay here. 

"Tell me about it. My parents try to control me like that at times like telling me not to go out at night or not to go into the woods. I don't know how touring Equestria would be stressful, unless you don't like moving around like that." 

As Bebop thought about what she'd like to do first, Guiding Light felt about what it meant to like somepony, not as a friend but something more. Was there a difference or just one being another level than the first? But she mentioned food, which was something the colt pondered to do eventually.

"You didn't bring your lunch today? You should have told me. My mom always packs me more than I need and I could have given you something. Well, I guess we can go to Mc Mares. Does that sound like a good place for you to have dinner... err... lunch?" 

McMares being the place that Twilight Sparkle and the Cutie Mark Crusaders ate at in the episode Twilight Time.

Archived