A Saraneivo Seranade (Thunderbuck, storm, 1 Slot Open!)

Blueblood

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Earth Writer sighed, bringing the pointy half of his pencil back to paper.  "How does that sort of thing happen?  I've been to a lot of places, but I've never heard of a pony being completely abandoned like that.  Full Kudos to Cloudchaser for taking him in; I'm just upset that we seem to have made things worse with him."  He wrote down the backstory, though he wasn't sure he was going to publish it just yet.  From what he'd just seen, maybe shining too much light on him would be a good idea.

It was a relief when Cloud and the doctor finally arrived.  The reporter waved off the apology, "It's OK, I was pretty upset when I saw it myself.  I only wanted to help Buck, and I hoped that I had."  He sighed, handing over his notebook for the others to read.  "I still want to publish the story, but I think you had better have the final say in what I ultimately send in.  I don't want to do this sort of thing again to him, but it is a good story, and I still think that making it public will ultimately prove to be good.  It's why I do what I do, after all."

Cloudchaser sighed slowly. Taking the notebook in his hoof he closed it. Then set it before Earth Writer. "It's not for me to decide...Buck's a grown stallion... more or less. I think it should be he that decides if that's going to be published and how it should be written.I'm an old stallion that runs an old in. And I likely won't live past another couple years if I keep stressing over protecting him." Gabera made to speak but he raised a hoof. "No.... No I found you two years ago. I took you in because I wouldn't see two young ponies with no bits sleeping outside. You both have been like my own foals. And I love you as such. But Buck was meant for greater things than to hide in our attic and scribble notes. He's got passion beyond what this city can hold."

The colt then turned to address Autumn and Earth. "This said. Yes. Buck was hurt. But the doctor is here and I'll cover the costs. Tomorrow morning... maybe we can sort this out and see what we can do. But If I may.... Please sir. Do not give out the address of this inn just yet. Let Buck adjust to his new found fame slowly. The town is a place where he can get used to it. I know he dreams of composing a great piece one day, and performing it in front of an audience. But for now...Let's just try to help him become accustomed to performing without his curtain."

There was an hour before the doctor came down. The kindly colt was an earth pony. He smiled and nodded to them. "He's resting now. Nothing is broken. Just a good bump on the leg. He will walk funny for a few days. He did split his lip in the fall. However I patched that up. Nothing strenuous please. He needs to rest that leg. He did mention he has some magic and can transport himself up and down the stairs that way. He also asked to see two ponies. An Earth Writer, and an Autumn. He wants to talk before he goes to sleep for the night." 

Cloudchaser nodded and set a plate of food out for the doctor. Fixing him a tall glass of cider and setting that out as well, the round colt settled down to eat an apple. "Well now. I suggest you two go on up. Earth, you know the way. If you don't mind, would you please leave the door unlocked up there? I'll bring his food up in a moment. I just need to rest a bit more before I go up stairs."

The twins had busied themselves preparing for breakfast the next morning. And sorting out the stocks. Noting what needed ordering. Then they had cleaned up the music stand and tried to put it all back where Thunderbuck had had everything. They wanted to leave it all where it was before. After that, they sat at a table to eat their own meals. They were quiet and calm. Not very interested in much. And spoke in hushed tones. 

As much as Earth Writer had to respect Cloudchaser's trust in Thunderbuck's maturity, he wasn't sure he shared it.  Putting him on on the front page would be like putting him on the front lines; extremely poor judgment and poor taste, given what his reaction had been to the applause of the crowd.

Still, shared or not, the reporter had to bow to it, and to the unicorn's request to see him and Autumn.  Nervously, he trotted back up the stairs to see him again, knocking gently on the door.  "You wanted to see us?"

The door opened. The room was well lit this time. Buck lay quietly on a big pile of quilts and pillows. He was using magic to move things around. seeing them he smiled. He had a small space near himself cleared off. he motioned them to sit.

"Sorry for the mess." He whispered softly. The room was cleared of most of the debris by now. It seemed that a lot of the dust was disturbed. Hoof prints where a pony had walked around. "The doctor. He helped."

All the broken instruments around him were set on stands. The music sheets stacked neatly. the colt was quiet as he set a flute by himself. "I can hear." he looked at the flute and touched it with a gentle touch."she feels. she was broken. My first friend. Bent and thrown away. Unloved."

"Its not fair..." he said. There was an anger in his tone. As if this flute were a pony. A pony that had been abused and thrown away. "She... deserved better. Was always so sweet." he lifted the flute and looked it over. "Why do they hurt? They cant defend. They cant... protect. Just thrown away....and left alone..."

He sighed before he spoke again. "You want to talk?" He asked both.

(Alright then, you can post again after me)

It was certainly encouraging to see Buck smile; it seemed the freak-out onstage had been an isolated incident.  "Glad to see it, Buck."  Earth Writer nodded, returning the unicorn's smile.  He refrained from brining out his notebook, though; he was no longer talking to Thunderbuck in a professional capacity, but as one pony, no, one friend to another.

Which was good, because he felt most of his readership would think it just a little weird the way the stallion equimorphized inanimate objects.  Sure, the sight of things that once gave joy broken and tossed away could touch the emotions, deep down, the reporter couldn't help but feel it a bit... silly, to go on like this.  Not that he would ever say that to Buck's face, of course.

"Well, if it comes to that, none of us are ever consulted about when our time is.  And it comes for all of us eventually, or sometimes very suddenly."  Memories of some of the more... unpleasant stories he's covered, and the more violent things he'd witnessed firsthand, came marching out of the vault of recollection, taking command of the brain and the heart.  Earth Writer sighed.  "I've seen it.  And, really, there's sometimes not very much we can do about it, but cherish what we have, and let it part with what dignity we can muster."

Thunderbuck arched an eyebrow. He was quiet as he took it all in. Both the advice, and the curiosity of actually seeing Autumn for what she was. He could see plainly she was not a normal pony. The energy around her was different. Not a threat. No, she was no threat. She was... too kind. After all, if she were, Thunderbuck would have known that at first. He had spent long enough dodging other ponies to know which ones were actually a threat off the bat. 

He shifted his position, laying the flute aside softly and nodded to Autumn. His hoof came up and pushed his mane from his face. He was nervous. It showed on his face. But he was in a safe place. This was his room. A safe place. He was surrounded by the friends he had grown up with. His instruments, his repair gear, his tools and quills and ink and paper. 

The lighting in the room was brighter than usual. At least more than he was used to working in. He was used to working alone in the dark. This was different. And if they were going be open to him, he could open to them and see them for what they were. Three ponies were the only living persons that had seen this world he lived in. And now... two more. They could see what and who he was. 

When a pony deals with ferreting out truth and bringing it to light, it is always recognizable when all barriers are down between one and it.  Right now, Earth Writer was in a place he knew few ponies had seen, and learning what few before had been privileged to know.  This was a place where secrets were hid... and revealed.  Both Buck's, and now, Autumn's.

"Go ahead, I'm curious."

But we all know what reporters do with secrets, now don't we?

It was at this point that the unicorn brought out his notebook, passing it to Buck.  "I want you to read over this, and Autumn can too when you're finished.  It's all the notes I've taken today; if there's anything you think I've left out, or you think I really ought to leave out, well, now's your chance to tell me."  And this happening was about as rare as... well, Thunderbuck inviting anypony up to his room.  That's what sort of day it was, it seemed.

"Also, would you mind if I had a photographer over to take a picture or two of you?  Editor loves that."

Thunderbuck checked over the notebook. He was quiet as he read. When he heard the question of a photographer he paused. That was unusual, and frightening. After a moment he nodded, "Photographer is fine." He returned to reading the notebook. It was honest enough. He closed the notebook and then turned his head to Autumn. She was calm, quiet. She presented something most ponies didn't. An understanding of music similar to his own. 

He could have easily just denied Earth access to his room. but he was at the point where he craved social interaction. He needed it. And he knew it. He had been so isolated that he couldn't even eat with some pony he didn't know watching him. But these two... they were different. They spoke to him, and listened. At least enough to understand the needs of this particular pony. 

He looked at Autumn and quietly spoke. "not like other ponies. You hear it. Music. Hear it in the world?" He was almost smiling. kindly and gently. 

is the third row second to last for mane and tail is forth from last going right to left and the color is kinda of a forest green))

"yes i do hear it in the world" said Autumn after taking a deep breath and closing her eyes

Her leaf green magic took ahold of her hood and pushed it down when it was down you could see that. Autumn was made out of wood like a Timber Wolf and she had a horn like a unicorn her mane was kinda wavy and a thread of hair going in front of her ear. Her coat or break color is brown after a while of waiting for you guys to talk or slince she opens her eyes and instead of normal eyes like yours her eyes are green orbs.

Buck was quiet as he looked her over. In fact his face became quite peaceful. He smiled a bit as he looked into her eyes. "Beautiful." He said softly. Thunderbuck was not one to give a compliment lightly.

There was something about his face that spoke a serene peace in her presence. A reverence for what one might consider a pure form of life. And a gentle grace many hsd not known. After a moment he spoke again. "pony of the forest. Gentle and graceful. kind souls. And full of life." the colt was actually blushing lightly. But so calm about it he didnt seem to notice.

It wasn't accurate to say that Earth's eye's bugged out of his head.  His eyebrows nearly made it past his maneline, and he was staring far more than was polite, but more in fascination than anything else.  "It certainly is amazing!  I remember reading about somepony like you in a book of fairy tales, Autumn, but to see you in real life..."  The unicorn whistled.

"Of course, all sorts of legends and stories are turning out to be true these days.  Heck, maybe one day everything in a daily paper will be proved true as well!"  And he laughed at the fun he poked at his own job.  "I was going to get the photographer, but I'm not sure if the lady would like to stay for that.  It's a toss up to whether my editor will believe me, of course, photo or not, but the sudden publicity might not be something desired, eh?"

Autumn started to blush a little after hearing Thunderbuck says "thank you" she said to him.

after a silence earth started to talk.

"yes mainly everything you can find about us your find in fairy-tale books so not many ponies believe them.No i don't have a problem with it.Do you want me to remove my cloak completely for it" said Autumn

Thunderbuck nodded softly. He sat quietly. One could tell he was thinking. "When pho... phot-aa-ger-fer comes... no big flash please..." he said softly. The colt was disturbed by the thought of a big flashing light.

He yawned softly. His eyes dipped a little as he sat there. It was roughly the time he usually went to bed. The colt looked toward a small stand. on it sat a very small foals piano. The kind foals learned to play on. He smiled at it as he lay his head down slowly. In moments he was asleep.

Gabera entered the room quietly. She had a small plate of food balanced on her nose. It was a small sandwich and a few pieces of apple. Seeing buck asleep she set the plate down beside him and smiled. Looking at Autumn, she didnt seem surprised at all. In fsft she seemed delighted.

"A pony of the forest." She whispered gently. She slowly moved Buck's mane out of his face. The massive tangled mess bounced a bit As she brushed a hoof through it. "Earth Walker..." she said after a moment. "I know it is much to ask. But for you, i have a task. this colt deserves a better life. Far from his current strife. Will you try to find, the family of this brother mine? At least to know if one pony lives. He deserves to whom is his." She had a look on her face that was pained. Something was eating at her. Some secret that she wanted to tell.

Earth Writer shrugged.  "You may if you like, Autumn; really depends on whether you think you look better in it or not."  The stallion wasn't considered trustworthy when it came to fashion decisions, and he knew it.  True, he didn't dress too badly currently, but he would often take a perverse pleasure in truly atrocious color combinations.  It was a kind of rebellion against the style-obsession of Canterlot city, though for that reason, he was more sensible when not at home.

"I'll be right back."  Nodding to them both, he trotted out the door, nearly bumping into Gabera.  He pulled up short, listening to her request, before shrugging.  "I'll send his story and picture to every subscriber the Chronicle has, and to newstands in pretty much every city.  Beyond that, there really isn't much I can do, other than just keep my eyes open for a serendipitous coincidence.  I'll be sure to pay attention, though.  Speaking of which, I need to get a camera pony real quick."  The unicorn hesitated, unsure if he should leave quickly; as the zebra seemed to want to talk to him.  "We'll talk after, OK?  I don't want to keep them waiting."

And with that, the reporter left.

~

Less than 15 minutes later, he returned in company of a mare, young and eager to prove her camera skills.  "I'm back!"  He called to Buck and Autumn.  "We'll do you first, Autumn, as Thunder is asleep.  That OK?"

"ok" was all she said to that

after earth left

"i have a feeling somepony in ponyville might know something or princess celestia" said Autum to Gabara

Autumn use her magic to finished removing her cloak. She finished you could see that her timber body she had small branchs from her legs, there was a green glow coming from her flank, she also has a cutie mark. Which was a a book with a tree on it and it was kinda glowing because of the green glow. her tail

Gabera smiled at Autumn's words. "if but one pony knows. Then his story will unfold." She settled down to wait. Impressed and in awe of Autumn. To the zebra, timber ponies were legend. Truth written in song and spoken in reverence.

When the photographer entered she she did not stand. She had already pulled a soft blanket over Thunderbuck. her eyes drifted over the colt quietly. She was worried. But her eyes softened when he murmurred her name. She stayed beside him. Strangely, neither Bagera nor Cloudchaser came to watch. They were missing.

The eyes of the photographer mare bugged out, and the camera shook in her hooves.  "What... is that?"

"It's a timber pony!"  Earth Writer, always quicker to adapt to strange situations than most, was rather enjoying dragging someone else through the oddness that was his life now.  "Very rare to see these days in cities, you're lucky!  And a photograph, no less; this'll make your career for sure."

"Uhh... OK..."  She obviously wasn't sure what was going on now, but she knew what she was here for.  "Um, if you could get closer to the window, ma'am?  I was requested not to use flash, so..."

Meanwhile, Earth was trotting over to Gabera and Tunderbuck.  He soft-stepped to keep from waking him, whispering to the zebra, "So... did you want to tell me something?"

Gabera looked up slowly. after a moment there was a glisten in her eyes. "I have no words in rhyme, to describe what is on my mind. so I shall place it in your language. So that you understand the damage." she whispered softly. with a slow, unsteady breath she spoke, "Cloudchaser is dying." She looked back at the sleeping colt. His face was slightly in a smile. as if a peaceful dream had taken him elsewhere.

The zebra mare sighed and closed her eyes as she touched his leg softly. petting him gently. "When one that has been a father falls ill.... what would be your will? WOuld you sacrifice your all to save them? or obey there wishes and let their life light grow dim? His only concern is for Thunderbuck. And he shall be safe, with a little luck. My brother and I shall return home. But that would leave poor Buck roaming alone."

"Hmm..."  The photographer shuffled her hooves as she adjusted her angle, eye glued to the viewfinder.  "I've got lens filters for the glare, hang on..."  A quick flick of the pegasus' wings slotted it into place in front of the camera lens.  "There.  Smile!"

There were several clicks as she took several pictures, including one-close-up.  "Fantastic!  Er..."  The room was not a large one, and Gabera's words suddenly caught the attention of all present.  The photographer blushed, a little ashamed of being so brightly enthusiastic during a solemn conversation.

Earth Writer, for his part, was chewing the end of his pencil in thought.  "If he doesn't know anyone else in this city... I could let him crash for a day or two in my own apartment in Canterlot.  I know a few art studios that might open up a rent slot, but those are usually somewhat communal and packed together..."  The reporter sighed.  "Not a perfect solution, but better than just leaving him aside.  Do you think he'd come, though?"

Archived