A Saraneivo Seranade (Thunderbuck, storm, 1 Slot Open!)

Blueblood

At the shout buck stirred but didnt jump. He muttered softly before his ears lay back down and he returned to his dream. He was peaceful. Gabera looked at Earth. "Any home is better than to roam. He is simple and gentle, perhaps he would enjoy the communal. Settings with other musicians, could provide him A new beginning."

She reached down and gentle shook buck's shoulder. He stirred easily. Opening an eye he looked to her. "Shhh. Sit up for me please. just one picture and you may retirn to your dream." Thunderbuck nodded as she slowly pushed himself up into a sitting position. Rubbing his face he smiled a bit. Then he saw the camera pony and his demeanor grew shy again.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((sorry for the wait had some RL stuff that needed to be taken care of))

Autumn wasn't paying attention to Gabriel and Earth convention at first or bearly anyway, she was more forces on the camerapony after after the picture Autumn approach them. "i could also take temporary give him a home with me" said Autumn

Once the photographer was done photographing Autumn, Earth guided her over to Thunderbuck.  The reporter noticed his shyness, and offered one of his instruments to hold.  "After all, they are as important to you as anything.  It wouldn't be right to show you without your friends."  This being a more normal job, it was over quickly, and arrangements were made concerning the development and delivery of the photos.

After the photographer left, Autumn offered her own shelter, and Earth Writer bit his lip.  Gabera had been careful to discuss the matter while Thunder couldn't hear them, and now the issue was being discussed while he was awake.  Was it right?  Well, perhaps it shouldn't come as a nasty surprise, but some effort should be done to soften the topic.  "We were just talking about what you would prefer, in case something should happen to Cloudchaser.  It wouldn't be good to just leave you in the lurch, you know; a friend takes care of their friends."  He nodded significantly towards the repaired instruments.

((Ooc: its ok. We all know how it goes hun))

Buck tried to smile for the camera. But even holding his flute it still looked shy and reclusive.

And then the bombshell. Buck looked at them confused. He was uncertain and then. Click. One could see it on his face. He was piecing it together. "Oh.." he finally said. Looking to the instruments around him he finally spoke. "I.... i am not sure."

He was trying to determine how much faith he could place in these ponies. And then the doctor entered quietly. "Oh hes awake." He said cheerfully. Trotting over he smiled. "Can i please take one last look before i leave?" Thunderbuck nodded softly. The doctor took a moment to examine his leg and lip before he turned slowly. "I overheard a bit on my way up. So it seems the cat is out of the bag. Well. Its as well. But i believe you two are trustworthy enough. I think Buck is agrown stallion enough to choose." With a smile he tipped his had and moved to the door. Pausing a moment he turned. "And it has been a pleasure. Sir and Madam. You are both shining examples of the best this world offers. You both may yet still see the world through the eyes of a foal as Thunderbuck does. Still so much mystery to uncover." With a gentle chuckle he slipped out quietly.

Thunderbuck thought for a bit as Gabera gathered his dishes up. Then she moved to the door. "Whatever you choose, let your heart be true." Buck nodded as he sat back a bit. He looked around before lookong at the Pair. "Can.. you tell me where you live? So i know what it might be like..."

It probably would have been gauche for Earth Writer to speak too enthusiastically, considering the circumstances.  Still, he wouldn't have chosen to live in Canterlot if he didn't love it on some deep level, and that certainly came out as he spoke.  "My flat's in, well, I guess you'd say it's wedged between the student dorms of the University quarter and the artistic side streets.  Maybe not the roomiest of places, but there's always color on the walls and songs in the air.  Laughing ponies, a little rowdy, but the sort of Canterlot rowdy, I guess.  More larking about than anything.

"I've got a spare cot, if you need it, but there's always studios opening up or subdividing if you'd like a place of your own.  I'll admit, you won't have much space to yourself, but most ponies there are willing to share.  Extroverts, though, the lot of them, so you'll have to factor that in.  I'm not sure if you'll find anywhere that will let you perform behind a curtain, but the audience will always applaud.  Or discuss.  It's a great place, if you're feeling sociable."  He'd wound down a little over the course of the description, as his ears heard what his mouth was saying.  The more the reporter spoke, the less ideal it seemed for Thunderbuck.

Well, his wasn't the only option in the field, at least.  What would Autumn have to offer?

"while i live complete opposite to earth i live far away from other ponies, so you don't have to worry about them and there are spare rooms which are bigger then his it sounds like, you would be able to practice in peace without having to worry about anypony hearing you expect me and maybe Zecora. She isn't really a trouble and would leave us in peace most of the time, the only downside is i don't live in a town or city like Earth. I live in a forest the Everfree Forest it is quite a walk to the closes town but ever pony there are nice. The village i live in is protected by a magic barrier and there is a path to walk so you don't get lost the main path is easy for anypony to see but the one to the village is a bit harder after a while your be able to find it without a problem. Also if you for some reason you go off the path you might get lost in the forest. If your looking for a quiet,peaceful and a place away from ponies there is no better place then my village" said Autumn as she talks more joyful at some points then others thinking if she forgot anything

"oh yea i just remember you know Gabrie and her brother the zebra's was original rise in the Forests of Equestria well i don't know which theirs was, but their was were born in raise in the past and maybe now not as many nowadays" added Autumn

The stallion looked at his instruments quietly for a moment. He had many. most in need of far more attention than he had been able to give so far. others were little more than just bits of several of the same instrument glued together in some vain attempt to make a one whole again. He knew he would get the equipment he needed in Canterlot. but not the peace and separation from other ponies he would need. 

The forest was peaceful, isolated. He could be found easily enough if his friends wanted to talk. However he was also far from the supplies he needed to fix many instruments. and neither of them likely had the room for most of his gear. He slowly turned to them. And then, to Earth Writer. "I can not live that close... Too much noise. Too much fear. I shall take the forest..." As he had grown more comfortable around them, he was able to structure sentences properly. He kept eye contact. And strangely enough, He didnt shy away from them as he did from others. 

Thunderbuck let out a low sigh. "Gabera.... Please let the music shop know. Tell them... I will have things for sale." The zebra female nodded. As she finally left buck looked back to the pair. After a moment he managed a few words. "can you tell me... who will read the story about me?"

So, it was the forest for Tunderbuck.  Earth Writer might have guessed; it would be a long time before the musician was comfortable in a crowded city, however friendly.  At least he wouldn't be alone, and near enough a town for his songs not to be swallowed in silence.

*Not a bad ending to the article, all things considered.*  Speaking of which, it seemed Buck was curious about potential readership.  "Well, we've got about 200,000 subscribing households across Equestria, with an average of four readers each, and then there's the newsstands, not to mention copies left around coffee shops and the like.  A million readers is not too much of an exaggeration, I should say.  Just don't ask for a list of names."  The reporter finished with a wry smile.

"I most likely will." said Autumn to Thunderbuck. After a moment Autumn continue "whenever your all ready we can leave, and you can take as much time as you need" said Autumn with a smile. "I know how hard it is to move from one place you been most of your life to a place you never been before" added Autumn

Buck nodded and yawned softly. It was settled. As he rubbed his face he smiled. "Alright. I can pack tomorrow." he wavered a bit. His sleepyness catching up to him. Gabera came back quietly. Seeing buck sleepy she gently came over and leaned him down. He didnt resist at all. Almkst as soon as his head hit the pillow he was asleep.

She smiled at him before turning to the others. "Come and enjoy a snack. Sweet treats we do not lack. Tomorrow i will help him pack." she held the door for them silently.

By this point, Earth Writer couldn't help but yawn himself.  How late was it?  He'd come into this tavern for lunch... had all this happened in less than half a day?  No wonder he felt so tired.

"If you've got a bed available, I might take advantage of that too after I mail out my copy.  I'll have to stay up to receive the pictures to send with them."  He trotted slowly after Gabera, taking a deep breath as he contemplated the situation.  "It's an odd thing, stories like this one must be happening behind every door in Equestria, and yet there are so many ponies out there who say they are bored.  I wonder what they would think if they bothered to knock on at least one stranger's door once a week, and see if they could befriend whoever came out?"

Gabera nodded to Earth. "Rooms we do Have available. Several options we can discuss at the table." leading them down the main area was clean now. The curtains drawn. Door locked. There was a few candles lit around the room for light. And there sat Bagera at a table. He was pouring cups of juice.

Looking up he smiled softly. Cloudchaser wasnt around. As they came to the table both zebras held chairs out for Earth snd Autumn. Gabera smiled at the wood pony. "I would love to visit your village. It would be a peaceful pillgramage." the table was covrred in plates full of snack foods. Crackers, cheeses, small sandwiches, fruits, snack cakes, and more. bwgera smiled at Autumn. "You did say you had stories to tells?"

It was an impressive repast for a snack, but Earth Writer didn't mind.  No point going to bed on an empty stomach.  "I may be a little late in taking your offer up, Autumn, but I will definitely set time aside to visit when I can.  It's not often I'm able to follow up on the stories I write."

Speaking of stories, it was high time the forest pony fulfilled her promise to give some.  Eyes lighting up, along with a glow around his pencil and notebook, the reporter listened eagerly for the first tale of Autumn Quartz...

Bagera shrugged. He was just hoping to hear. Gabera however smiled and nodded. "pony folk as yourself. We only hear tale of legends. Like a book on a shelf. Will you tell us more of ponies like you. Your culture and kind. if you do not mind."

The zebra twins were obviously in awe of her. She represented many of the beliefs they held true. That the world was full of mystical things yet to be known.

It had to be said, Earth Writer was less inclined to be patient after such a long delay.  "Yes!"  He called out, adopting manners more fit for the Bohemian club than a private gathering.  "Let's have the real stuff!  Enough of distortion by time and retelling; give us the goods, as they say."  Keep not a scholar from his books, a farmer from his fields, nor the reporter from his stories.  So saith the wise stallion.

"well ok then, Where to start" said Autumn as she began to think after a bit ok i know" said Autumn. She use her magic to make a magical square in the air kinda like a TV, "we will go thought some of which i know of our history" said autumn then she began to clear her throat after she which she began, "Now as far as i know my people, The Timber Ponies is as old as time itself long before the recorded of history anyway, and though our life span we have seen many species come and go of all difference shapes and sizes. Unlike you organic Creatures which need food to surviva we only need water and the sun." said Autumn said and explain this she made different things appear on her screen, for the beginning she display a timber pony with a clock with turning hands next to it, then she put different types of creatures on the screen some you seen and some you haven't, then she display all the different pony races on one side and a timber pony on the other. On the side with the different ponies races their was different pictures of food in the middle of them with a line draw between all of them linking to the food, the food was like breads,grains, and milk. on the other side with the timber pony a cycle was going though first it rain then the sun came out then repeated. "The Timber Ponies kinda saw themselves as the guardians of time always passing down its knowledge from generation to generation." Autumn stopped after taking a pause for breath "any questions so far" she asked

Bagera and Gabera were quiet the whole time. Watching, listening intently. They believed it was all true. Such magics, and the fact that Autumn could sow them things in this manner was all the proof they needed that her words were true.

When asked if they had questions, the twins both nodded. Bagera spoke softly first. "So much knowledge you have told. Why must you hide from the world?" Gabera was quiet. She wondered the same. Surely these ponies wouldnt be scared of the rest of pony kind.

(You're doing fine)  

As Autumn's magic sparkled, Earth's pencil danced.  It was little that he could not already guess from what he knew of the legend, but the magical presentation was nothing if not impressive.  "Keepers of time and tradition, weathering the ages like a great oak..."  He mumbled half to himself as he wrote.  Good phrase, that; he'll have to put in in the final article.  "Do continue, please."

"i will earth but first the question "we hide for the greater good as you know" Autumn began as she grab a bit in her magic "yang and yani, good and evil, there are two sides of everything like their is two sides of every bit" she said as she spin the bit in the air((properly miss spell sorry))

"There are even two sides of magic good as you see now and know" she said as she move things around in her magic while still spinning the bit "and dark magic" at saying this she turned her magic to dark her aura turn from her normal leaf green to a purple and green and in an instant she destroy the bit until there was nothing left then she restore the bit like nothing then continue to spin it, after which she change her magic back like it was no big deal "as you just saw to turely master magic you need to master both sides of light and dark, but if you don't have enough will power and know your limits, it could easily corrupt you like it did sombra so i had something like that would never happen again even if you don't intend to use the dark magic for evil one small slip up while using it and it could take control of you, there is something else but i would need a volunteer for it" said Autumn

Gabera wasnt certain. But Bagera stood slowly. "Me." He said calmly. He was fairly certain that Autumn would do him no harm. She was a Timber Pony. They were legend amoung the Zebra folk. He steppee away from the table to give her room to do what she needed.

They had both been mystified by the magical display. Zebra folk had their own magic. Encantations and rites to banish evil. Charms for various things. Potions that cured many ailments. But this... this was true magic. And the twins knew it.

Archived