A Saraneivo Seranade (Thunderbuck, storm, 1 Slot Open!)

Blueblood

"So, if I've got this right..."  Earth Writer spoke slowly, arranging his thoughts in his mind simultaneously with the words on his tongue.  This could sometimes lead to awkwardness in conversation, but it kept him from being left behind in it, which was important for a reporter.  He had to get the whole story clearly and coherently, even at the risk of personal embarrassment.  "The timber ponies were more frightened of what they may do to other ponies than what we might do to them?  Or were you afraid of inspiring panic whenever we saw your dark magic?"

The display of magic was, in fact, causing some inner turmoil within the journalist unicorn, even more so when Bagera come forward as a volunteer.  Earth had seen what dark magic could do fist hand, and it was never for any good purpose.  Maybe it was sample bias, but really, if true mastery of magic came at such a cost, what sane individual would desire it?  

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"First Earth, both we are not frightened of everypony just the ponies who look to do harm to Equestria with the magic we teach, Timber Ponies love to spread their know to help but sometimes that would work in the Opposite way, And the entire reason everypony fear dark magic was because of what King Sombra did no because of the magic itself, Dark Magic is design as a double edge blade it is an powerful offensive tool but could hurt you also if use the wrong way or too much. I Should know The Timber Ponies made it, Actually Timber Ponies either made or help made most of the more oldder spells" said Autumn.

Turning to Bagera "Now onto Bagera." she said turning to him she started her dark magic and her eyes also took the same form this time "now i will say this now though your most likely forget this will most likely not hurt much anyway" said Autumn as she send a small Dark magic beam at his forehead, after it hit him his eyes took the same form as Autumn and his stands took a more relax form, Autumn still in her Dark Magic from turn to her Magic TV and shot another one at it "now since that's done, He won't be able to heard us but what this is suppose to do is make him live though his worse Fear and This Tv will let us see it if his mind will alow ((← this is misspell)) and if i need to i can step in to save him, but all of this he is going to feel is all inside of his own mind" said Autumn to let the others know

((Ok Thunderbuck this is similar to ep 2 of season 3 the crystal empire ep where twilight saw her nightmare but with your pony, so whatever his nightmare is he going to live though it if its dangerous its dangerous if not its not that's up to you, its also up to you if the others get to see it))

Bagera's eyes dilated. His mouth hung open in horror. His worst fear. Falling. Endless falling. The ground never got closer, but he kept falling. The screen showed him kicking and flailing. Trying to get a hoof on anything to stop his fall. But nothing was there. And he just kept falling. As he fell the wolf just stretched away from him. Further and further. The clouds flew high up and away. And no pegasus was around to save him."

Gabera couldnt watch for long. "S..stop it please... thats enough." She could still feel what her twin felt without seeing it. Covering her eyes she whispered. "Please... thats enough."

To say that Dark Magic was a powerful offensive tool was a nice way of saying that the only reason anypony would study it would be to hurt someone else.  It wasn't consonant with Equine nature to desire something like that, and Earth couldn't say that Autumn's words gave him any comfort.

But what the timber pony did was to put on a demonstration, which actively dropped the reporters opinion of Dark Magic to something near abomination.  He couldn't stand to see somepony else suffer right in front of him, so much so that he dropped his notebook and slapped Bagera, trying to snap him out of it.  "Wake up, wake up!  It's just a dream!"  And from the looks of him, the stallion was seconds away from slapping Autumn as well...

"ok then" Said Autumn as she Chance her dark aura to light and therefore chancing what was going on all at once inside the screen he stopped falling and started Flying and Autumn appear next to him "it's time to wake up know while i didn't hurt you, you might feel some pain when you come back because of Earth" Said Autumn as the screen Autumn grabbed his hoofs and started her Magic after a couple moments of slince both of them Exploded inside of the screen after the screen clear of it, the screen when black again and both of them was back in the real world

Bagera gasped softly as his dream changed. As they came awake he felt his face was sore but little more. He was shaken. But otherwise unharmed. And totally awed by such a simole spell. "It would seem.... that even just a dream... so powerful the magic is. In mortal pony hooves this has no business."

Gabera came to her brother. Leaning her face against his. A bit of silence between them passed before she spoke. "I felt your pain. The terror in your was plain." Bagera swallowed softly and nodded. "I am alright. And now we understand the plight."

As he sat again he took a deep breath. He was calm again. And so was his twin. They both seemed much more relaxed with that demonstration over.

Perhaps the zebra twins understood, but Earth Writer looked as if he still had several pointed questions to ask.  Not so much as to why the timber Ponies had decided to retreat from the wider world, that was clear enough by now, but on certain fundamental issues.  "Why... why would anypony even think about how to do that sort of thing in the first place?  You said that your kind came up with many of these types of spells; who did you intend to use them on?"

He suppose that it wasn't out of the question that there were some pretty bad groups of monsters or ponies gone bad back in the old pre-Equestria days that might had justified the creation of such dark spells to use against them, but from what Earth had seen, there were more effective ways of dealing with such villainy than using their own weapons.  Good ponies just couldn't use dark magic to its fullest extent, and bad ones could.  

"how i might not know the correct reason but i can tell you what i was told and what i think, Back in Pre-Equestria days it was more dangerous because of all the monsters going around and there was also ponies to look out for back in those days it was a lot harder to tell if ponies had good intention or bad ones, but we was willing to share our knowledge back then just like i am willing to share mine now" said Autumn after a short pause. "we didn't just create dark magic spell we also created numerous light magic spells, as to why somepony would use them for evil who knows, as for Sombra he wasn't always the way he was he was once a good pony looking to study dark magic so he would know how to counter it to protect his kingdom but from what i was told he took on more then he could chew and the dark magic was able to spit itself from him and take a form of its own" said Autumn

Bagera and Gabera listened quietly. They were calm as they took it in. There were two sides to everything and both had their dangers. Too much of either and you could loose yourself. Become something else. "Then it could be, as far as we see. The world is a dangerous place. And to work with any magic requires space. Too much dark is a foul thing. But too much light as well dont you think? To devote oneself wholly to one side, could over throw one's own mind." Gabera said softly.

Bagera sipped his drink before nodding in agreement. "Too far one way or the other, is as if one tries to decide which is better. Their father or their mother."

From the somewhat contemptuous snort he emitted, Autumn and the twins could probably tell that Earth was not convinced.  "There's no worse enemy to sound judgment than bad metaphor.  Pretty much every pony you meet has an innate light magic of some kind, whether it be through a unicorn's horn, a pegasus' wings, or the earth ponies' command of nature.  Most do not have a speck of dark magic in them.  Are they, therefore, unbalanced?  Obviously not."

"You can talk all you like about the 'good' uses of dark magic.  I've yet to see any actual evidence of them, first or secondhoof; and what's more, any that I can imagine could be done with far less risk by other means.  For that matter, I've never seen or heard of evidence of evil by excess of light, either.  If you've got facts, you can give them to me now, I'll report them.  But theory ain't news, buckos."

He was certainly forceful in his arguments, but not exactly malignant.  One got the impression that he enjoyed debate for its own sake, but also was serious in what he said now.

Gabera thought for a moment. Looking up she spoke. "Perhaps i misworded my speech. Think of all magic like a leak. Energy coming from a single point.and when the leak is to strong, one can not resist its influence for long. Light and dark can both alter a pony. If a pony is too virtuous, they may see others as deplourous. If their standard of behavior is too high, their friends will begone before nigh."

"While i see you point dear sister, Earth has a sound minister. Dark magic corrupts. Its pull is abrupt. Light magic is not so powerful, as to make the user deplorable." Neither seemed to argue, but actually be debsting the point.

Earth was slightly surprised to hear the Timber pony agree with him, in so far as Dark magic being hidden was concerned.  "That's exactly what I've been saying, Autumn.  I can understand completely why those who have been burdened with its memory would hide from the world.  What I was trying to figure out is why anypony would think it a good idea take up the burden in the first place."

The unicorn wasn't sure if Gabera's second metaphor made any more sense than the first, but he humored it a little more.  "The difference is this; light magic is not designed to hurt other ponies, and dark magic is.  You have to twist your brain to find good uses for the latter as much as you have to in order to find evil uses for the former.  Magic is the manifestation of will, but it isn't a one-way street.  It's so closely intertwined with our very being, that the spells we choose to use influence who we are.  It is a leak, as you say, from another mind into ours."

"Earth..." Gabera said softly. The look on her face was plain. She saw his argument had merit. But his anger was blinding him to any knowledge his prejudice was against.

Bagera spoke softly now. "To all things there is a balance. If it came to one side over all things would be left to chance." He sighed. "Even the best intended spells of light, have sometimes created plight. Untrained hooves can not contain, and even a harmless spell can create disdain." Then he looked to Autumn. "Perhaps more can be spoken of later. This is a rather sensative matter."

The raised voices drew cloudshaser from his room. "Whats this now? Arguing over magic? Dont look surprised. I live here on the gound floor. I heard the whole conversation." He stood beside the table. "So. Timber pony. Can honestly say thats new to me. I had heard stories. I thought you were myths. Glad to see i aint so old as to know everything."

"Pfeh."  In one syllable, Earth Writer's apparent anger seemingly went out of him along with the breath, to be replaced by a look of easy humor.  A sign either that he was no longer taking this seriously, or that he thought his position impregnable.  In any case, he was leaning back in his chair, declaiming his next thoughts in an easy.  "Bagera, I could spend days debating the difference between stable and unstable equilibrium, but that would put the argument squarely in the realm of metaphor; I base my case on citeable and specific facts.

"I suppose you think I'm prejudiced."  The unicorn turned his attention Gabera and Autumn, raising an eyebrow and laughing.  "That is not the right word.  I have not formed a judgment before I was presented the facts of the case.  I have researched the past, I have taken testimonials, and I have gone and seen dark magic for myself.  I have yet to be presented with any specific instance in which it proved necessary to accomplish a good that could not otherwise have been done.  If you have one, say it now.  Until then, you're not going to convince me, I'm sorry."

He was clearly done arguing, having summed up his case and taken his ease, quite at peace by the time Cloudchaser returned.  "Yes, timber ponies are real, alright.  We were just discussing the reasons why more ponies don't know that.  They are unfortunate..."  He trailed off, looking down at his notebook.  He could still make it to the telegram office in time for his notes to reach Canterlot in time for tomorrow's Evening Edition.  Reveal the truth to the world.  Heh.

"A discovery is the only incurable thing..."  He muttered under his breath before looking up at Autumn again.  "Well, we've fairly hashed it out, I suppose.  I'll publish the story, but I may keep secret the fact it was told by a timber pony; if for no other reason that you would never be given a moment of privacy in your forest home again after that.  Tourists, you know."

"yea that may be ture if they are dumb enough to wonder though the forest to find me, the forest works as a natural barrier from wanderer and traveler unless you really want to find it you won't, and we could continue this some other time" said Autumn

Chaser sat quietly. "I dont kniw of any examples of dark magic doing good. But i know of many light magics being used for bad. Or at least misguided intent."

He smirked as he picked up a cracker. "I had once thought all magic was just that... magic. There was no light or dark. Because the type depends on what its for."

He shook his head, as if banishing a silly thought. "Ah for the days of foolish young colt notions. When the world was wonderous and innocent and we were all knights on a quest to win the heart of a fair maiden." He smiled at them all as he nipped a bite of his cracker. "Even if you published a location... many that would attempt to find it would be lost to what forest it lay in. If a pony truely does not desire to be found... they wont be. As well... timber ponies. Very few believe. Your article may end up in the funnies section." He jested lightly.

Chaser sat quietly. "I dont kniw of any examples of dark magic doing good. But i know of many light magics being used for bad. Or at least misguided intent."

He smirked as he picked up a cracker. "I had once thought all magic was just that... magic. There was no light or dark. Because the type depends on what its for."

He shook his head, as if banishing a silly thought. "Ah for the days of foolish young colt notions. When the world was wonderous and innocent and we were all knights on a quest to win the heart of a fair maiden." He smiled at them all as he nipped a bite of his cracker. "Even if you published a location... many that would attempt to find it would be lost to what forest it lay in. If a pony truely does not desire to be found... they wont be. As well... timber ponies. Very few believe. Your article may end up in the funnies section." He jested lightly.

"Well, sir, when I was a young colt, I didn't believe in fairy tales."  Earth looked up at Cloudchaser and sighed.  "For the past 5 years, I have spent my life filling headlines with proof that they were true.  Karmic punishment for growing up too early, I guess."

Shrugging, he put his notebook away.  "Well, I'll stay for the night, and be off in the morning.  I'll send my editor the truth, and let him deal with it.  Just be aware that Truth has a power of its own, one of the more ancient magics.  It always comes into its own at last, revealing all hidden things."  The journalist yawned and stretched, neck cracking a bit.  "Mph, that's why they say honesty is the best policy.  When it all comes out, only those who held to the reality of things come out all right.  After all, we'd be in a much worse situation if a certain mare had not believed in foolish young notions and stories, eh?"

Chaser chuckled and shook his head. After that he bid them goodnight and returned to his room. Bagera stood and smiled to Autumn. "Come. A good nights rest can do a world of wonder. Especially when ones life consists of the lust to wander."

Gabera began putting up the snacks. She waited until Bagera had led Autumn up the stairs to speak to Earth. "One mustnt judge too harshly. For a life of pure truth leaves ones umagination sparcely. The joys of life we seek, often are valed in a cloak and we only peek. The price of happiness is often a myth or lie. Even in our culture, truth isnt always as important in our lives. You seek the story and all its glory. But so often the truth is steeped in worry. If the princess did not raise the sun each day, light would still shine."

She left it at that, as many zebra folk do. A simple puzzle hidden in a rhyme. To be pondered for a while before the solution presented itself.

There was value, yes, in presenting Truth in such a way that a pony would have to seek it with mental effort.  On the other hand, it was not a method that promised immediate results.  Earth Writer, for one, went with his first response, which was tinged with mild irony, "I shall answer your paradox with the old platitude that Truth is Stranger than Fiction, and is as often found when sought with Imagination as well as logic.  But a pony that has bought happiness at the cost of living a lie is a pony who has been bribed.  By whom, though?"

Well, it was a more straightforward riddle the reporter left her, before going to his own bed and falling asleep soon after.

Archived