[Hoofington]New Paths to Success(Bellosh, Invite Only)

IceStorm

“Ohhhhhhhh,” Mist Weaver finally understood why her daughter was asking about sea ponies; “That’s right, we hired a couple ponies to dress up in sea pony costumes. Our investors thought having them around would spice up the Aquarium’s attractions. We would have hired real sea ponies you know, but they’re understandably... rather hard to come by in Fillydelphia.”

"Honestly I don't know much about them other than what they look like," Fire Heart said, "Living in Canterlot doesn't get me too close to sea life. Speaking of sea life, how did you decide to operate this sanctuary miss Weaver?"

I can't say that I was expecting this place to be this big. I knew from the letters that mother was running a marine sanctuary but I wasn't sure how big it was actually going to be," 

"It definitely seems to cover much of the beach in this area. I wonder how many types of marine life are here."

• 2 weeks later...

2yytdfn.jpg

"So I'm assuming that this tank here is for storing more of the exotic fish so that they don't clash too much with other more territorial or predatorial fish?"

Mist Weaver nodded as she kept monitoring the orange damselfish; “...That’s pretty much right, sweetie. Giving the smaller fish a stress-free environment is an important part of the recovery process. The more relaxed they are, the faster they get better.” Pretty straight-forward explanation, even by Mrs. Weaver’s standards.

"Honestly I don't know much about them other than what they look like," Fire Heart said, "Living in Canterlot doesn't get me too close to sea life. Speaking of sea life, how did you decide to operate this sanctuary miss Weaver?"

“Well,” the older mare explained; “I used to live here in Hoofington a long time ago, back when I was about you girls’ ages. I loved living here, but when I fell in love with Ice Storm’s father, I moved with him to Fillydelphia, where I started up the Aquarium. However, after years of keeping that place in business…” Misty sighed, knowing she was leaving out the full truth in front of a house guest; “I just felt like I needed to be near the real ocean again. So, I persuaded my husband to move to Hoofington. Since I’m not in the mood to retire yet, well, running the marine sanctuary just seemed like a no-brainer to me. Especially after all that time running the aquatic park.”

Sensing that the damselfish-in-former-distress was finally feeling comfortable in its tank, Mist Weaver started to make her way back outside. “Our little friend’s settling in now, so our business’s done for now. If you’d like, you can stay a little while longer to look at the other tanks; I’ll be outside when you’re done.”

• 3 weeks later...

Ice Storm listened as her mother explained her past to Fire and took not herself as she only heard bits and pieces of this story herself. She listened as her mother explained that she used to live in Hoofington a long time ago back when she was about their ages. She talked about how she fell in love with her father and moved to Fillydelphia to run the Aquarium that Ice had spoke of. She said that it just wasn't enough though and that she wanted to be back next to the real ocean again. She also added that since she wasn't really ready to retire yet, she decided to open this place up and seemed like a no-brainer for her.

Once Mist had the fish back in the tank though she said that their official business there was completed, but they could stay and look at the tanks if the wanted. While the idea seemed like a good one, she didn't know what most of these fish where, and while they were quite beautiful, the fact that she didn't know what she was looking at would bother her. She would spend more time trying to identify everything than looking at all the fish. "Well, what would you like to do Fire. Would you like to stay here and look through the other tanks? Might be pretty to look at even if we don't know what most of the fish in them are," she giggled. "Of course, if we had a guide..." she added hinting to her mother.

Fire never knew much about Ice's parents other than how Ice was at odds with them enough for her to leave Manehattan to Canterlot. Although this was a sore subject for the red unicorn it appeared that Ice did make amends with her parents. Now Fire learned that after the desire to find the ocean Ice's parents moved and opened up a new aquatic themed area. 

"Well I can understand returning to a place that made you happy. It is a very nice park from what I've seen so far." 

"Well, what would you like to do Fire. Would you like to stay here and look through the other tanks? Might be pretty to look at even if we don't know what most of the fish in them are," she giggled. "Of course, if we had a guide..." 

"I'd definitely like to see more of this place but you're right a guide would be nice. Would you accompany us Mist Weaver so that we can learn what you have here?" 

• 2 weeks later...

2yytdfn.jpg

"Well, what would you like to do Fire. Would you like to stay here and look through the other tanks? Might be pretty to look at even if we don't know what most of the fish in them are," she giggled. "Of course, if we had a guide..." 

"I'd definitely like to see more of this place but you're right a guide would be nice. Would you accompany us Mist Weaver so that we can learn what you have here?" 

Ever the fan of all things sea-related, Mist Weaver would have been very eager to talk about the fishes she had in the tanks right now. “I’ll be more than happy to-” from the house came the barely-intelligible cry of Silver Mare. Judging by the tone of his voice, Mrs. Weaver instinctively knew that her husband had managed to lose track of something, and that he blamed her for moving it around. Ugggh... the frustration on Mist’s face was quite palpable.

“Sorry sweetie,” Mist apologized to Ice Storm; “I have to help your father with something real quick. Uhhh, if you’d like, you can also check out the pool next to this building. It’s got a sea lion pup who got separated from the rest of her of her pod, but she’s a shy one, so don’t scare her. Alright, now to see what Silver wants this time...” Grumbling, Mist walked outside where she started yelling towards the cottage, unable to mind Ice and Fire as she tried helping Silver find whatever thing he lost. Hopefully it wouldn’t take too long.

Archived