[Ponyville]A night after the show! (Open, four at a time please)

AlisonRose

It was a night unlike any other for Rarity. She had just finished a show and shoot of her newest line of only the most adorable summer wares. She finished up with taking pictures of the models. Rarity knew that some fans wanted her autograph or to talk to her about her inspirations. She trotted slowly to the front of the stage to announce her meet and greet.

"To all of the family and friends. There will be a small meet and greet now that the show is over. All of the models as well as myself will be there if you have any questions or comments. Thank you."

She made her way to the table to sit next to her main show pony Gilded Lilly. The two of them had just finished what could have been their best show ever. Hopefully the fans and friends agreed.

150px-Too_smelly.pngPigpen

Someponies may find this hard to believe, but the dirty, smelly, unkempt stallion known as Pigpen was quite a fan of fashion trends.  He sat in the back, downwind of the audience and stage as the shaggy Earth stallion watched Rarity's entire show.  Pigpen was so excited about the stunning pony fashions he saw, he was determined to meet the elegant unicorn mare who had created them!  Pushing his way through the crowd, the eager unkempt stallion finally got through until he stood next to Rarity!  Starstruck at first to the point of being speechless, Pigpen quickly got over his nervousness as he presented his autograph book.

"Oh Miss Rarity!  You are truly a great fashionesta!  May I say how lovely your newest fashion line looks and would you please do me the honor of signing my autograph book.  It's a bit dusty, but the pages inside are clean!"

As he spoke, his unique aroma had caught up with him while his pet flies continue to orbit around his head, buzzing happily while his pet raccoon Rascal rushed over and gave his tail a quick yank.

"Oops!  Almost forgot, Miss Rarity, this is my pet raccoon Rascal!  He's also a fan of your work, ain't that right, Rascal?"

The excited raccoon nodded his head 'yes.'

sUbvoGR.jpg

Gilded Lilly had quite the day so far and it was only half over, her tired body struggling for a few minutes to get out of the day's wares in the back. She was no stranger to long shows but she had been called to the show a little later than she would normally want. The show had indeed gone long- whether that was due to Rarity's unique perfectionism or the fact that several models seemed to operate on the idea that longer turns equated to better reviews was up in the air- but it had not been the length of the show but rather the length of Gilded's summer outfits that had caused her brief consternation. They had been a little too risque for her tastes- nothing along the style of beachware just yet, but shorter, more lacey material that emphasized curves and a developing form better than the rest.

Ten or twenty years ago this would be slammed as too adult, but fillies were growing up faster than ever before so it made sense for a forward thinking designer to want to breach that barrier. And it made sense for her to reach out to her most trusted modeling ally. Gilded's double life was going well, almost too well sometimes. It was marvelously successful thank to Miss Rarity, who had helped Gilded into the model she was today. Gilded was made to wear Rarity's designs and Rarity's designs were made to fit Gilded. It was a match made in the aether and she wasn't one to complain! This was her calling, cutie mark or not. This line was going to be a hit and she was going to help repay in some small measure everything Rarity had done for her.

In any case, the show was over and Gilded was back out and ready to meet fans, friends, and perhaps some family if the opportunity knocked. As one of Equestria's finest and most popular up and coming models, she had a veritable suite of fans, well-wishers, admirers (secret and otherwise), and interested parties of all sorts. Even in a smaller town like Ponyville she was bound to meet some ponies who knew her- and once you got past her public life and moved into the realm of her private life as Valen, there was a much greater percentage of those she knew. Generally supportive to a fault in theory, they had yet to show up to one of her shows Oh well- she still had many ponies to see. There was one stallion with an unusual odor about him and a small group of flies that was attracted to his every step and he went up to Miss Rarity- well, the whole day needn't be one success after another, no? As she gandered off to that scene an excited colt bounded up to her and put her picture on the table that she had placed herself.

“H-Hi there!” He offered, his voice cracking.
“Bonjour! So nice to see you, oui? Would you like an autograph?” Gilded Lilly replied with a dripping accent and tone, quill held expertly in her hoof. She'd done this before.
“Y-yes, please, to D-Drop Bear..."
“Oui! To my little Drop Bear, from your Lilly,” Gilded Wrote in elegant cursive before hoofing it back, the colt taking it, thanking her, and wistfully bounding off.
“Somepony next, oui?”

Rarity grinned at the pony before her. It didn't matter that he was dirty to her. To be honest he did need a bath and need to get some grooming done but all in all he wasnt that bad. She used her magic to sign in his book making sure to add in cute little hearts to her name. She of course had a reputation to uphold and she wasn't going to let some silly old autograph ruin her day! She nods her head as the pony talks to her making sure to keep some semblance of eye contact.

"Oh my what a cute little creature you have here!" She said as she reached out a hoof to pet the raccoon between the ears. "Now if you don't mind me asking where was it that you first saw my fashion? Was it in maybe one of the Canterlot Fashion journals or maybe in the Manehatten Daily? There was a whole four page spread of Gilded Lily here in the latest issue!" She took every chance she could get to make sure that she would plug the publications that gave her pages.

"Is there anything special you want me to add to this autograph page?" She grinned massively. He might have only been her first person of the night but it was clear that he knew a thing or two of fashion. And he had good taste in designers.

150px-Too_smelly.png

Pigpen smiled as he listened intently to every word the elegant Fashionesta unicorn mare spoke. 

"To be honest, Miss Rarity, I don't know which magazine the beautiful pictures of your clothes come from.  You see, when I'm doing my job collecting all of Ponyville's trash, my fly friends will spot a fashion photo page and bring it over to me to look at!  I can tell from the bylines on the bottom of the pages that they were made by you."

As the shaggy, unkempt stallion spoke, the flies orbiting his head flew off across the room.  Seeing a dropped fashion poster on the floor, the flies quickly picked it up and flew back towards Pigpen with the front facing the two ponies.

"Yeah, sort of like that!" Pigpen neighed, his hoof pointing at a beautiful chaffon blue dress lined with gems and worn by a pony fashion model.  "WOW!  Miss Rarity, you outdone yourself on this one!"

Smiling after being petted by Rarity, Rascal looked up at Pigpen and chittered to get his attention.  When he got the smelly Earth stallion to look at him, the raccoon pointed at the autograph book, hoping it would jog Pigpen's flighty memory.

"Oh yeah!  That's right!  You asked me a question about the autograph, ma'am.  How about writing it out to, 'Pigpen, my Number One Fan!'  Someday, when I can get a Very Special Somepony, I hope she will be wearing one of your sensational creations.  By the way, have you ever thought about making fashions for, pets?"

Archived