LostSanity

Roleplay Type: World of Equestria

Name: Mage Heart

Sex: Male

Species: Unicorn

Eye colour: Dark green

Coat: Blue

Mane/Tail: Robin Egg Blue

Physique: A tall stallion that's moderately physcially fit due to a lot of exercise

Residence: Canterlot

Cutie Mark: Two swords in the shape of an "X." Mage obtained his cutie mark during his early Canterlot Magic Academy school days during a practical combat class. He used his magic to try to summon a weapon and a plethora of swords appeared. It took him by surprise and he stopped using his magic. This caused the swords to fall on him. He was okay, but when he came out, his cutie mark appeared.

History: Mage is a young colt who is still developing his magic skills. However, he discovered his special talent rather quickly in magic school. He had an interesting and unique talent to just simply use his magic and think about it and a sword would appear out of thin air. It all came about when he had a history class and they were teaching the class about historical items. The part about swords interested him to no end. Afterwards, he decided to do further research on swords at the library and couldn't put the books down. He loved all of the different types of swords. Eventually, there was a test in the class where you had to summon any historical item. Most of the students struggled, but not Mage, he summoned a sword instantly. But things almost got out of control as more and more swords began to appear and summon themselves around Mage. Luckily, with help from his teacher, he was able to control it and calm it down before things go too out of hand. His teacher then congratulated him on finally finding his talent, as his cutie mark appeared. He could also summon multiple swords as well and actually was able to perfect a spell where it pretty much rained swords. He can only hold the spell for a short time before he had to release it due to it exhausting him. He was transferred to the weapon mastery class where he learned to use his skill to become quite a decent swordstallion. He is very talented and aims to be one of the best swordstallions in the world. However, due to the fact that not a lot of bad things happen in Equestria, his talent with swords is very rarely needed. However, because he can summon any sword in the world easily, he's slowly become a decent expert at identifying swords, which has created a "side-job" for him where other ponies will ask him about different kinds of swords and for him to identify a sword. Basically, he's become a "sword expert" so to speak that he makes some decent money at. Because of his skill, he will be occasionally asked to perform with his swords for entertainment as well with an assortment of sword tricks, earning him even more side money as well. Some talent agents have even come up to him to sign him as a full-time sword performer but he has refused all of them. He will still occasionally perform as a "warm-up" act to other, more well known talented "danger" acts like flame-performers, daredevils, and so on. He gets quite the decent reaction for the most part once he is finished as well. He gets a moderate amount of bits from that too. When he is bored, all of his friends are busy, and has nothing better to do, he'll just perform randomly in the streets. This can cause quite a crowd to watch him and "tip" him for the performance even though he was honestly just doing it out of sheer boredom with nothing else to do. He makes some extra bits that way even though he doesn't specifically ask for money if those watching liked his performance. So, despite the fact that a sword talent isn't exactly "needed" in Equestria for the most part, he's found ways to still make a living out of it.

Character Summary: Mage is the type that refuses to give up. No matter what happens, no matter how impossible something seems to be, no matter how grim things get, he absolutely refuses to give up. He has a tendency to try to get others believe this as well, especially whenever they are really down in the dumps and are being unbelievably pessimistic. Sometimes it works, other times is doesn’t. But, even if he is the only one with hope left, he’ll continue to fight for that hope. He’s unbelievably persistent as well. No matter how many times you knock him down, he’ll always get up. He even has a tendency to try to do this despite how badly injured he may be. Mage has always believed that if you believe in yourself, anything and everything is possible and you can overcome any and all odds that may be stacked up against you. Some ponies think he’s unbelievably foolish for being so persistent and refusing to give up. But he doesn’t care. He’ll continue fighting until the very end if he has to. He’s very humble though is nice to everypony he meets though unless they act mean or do rude things. He can’t resist to help when somepony needs help, though he tends to summon a sword when, most of the time, it is not needed at all, making himself feel embarrassed. He strives to become even stronger, always wanting to become stronger just in case something awful were to occur in Ponyville, or anywhere else in Equestria for that matter. It seems all he really wants, is to prove himself to others. He's very kind to others and always helps out whenever he is asked to or notices that others need help. He likes to hang out with lots of other ponies that he's become close to. He likes to have fun too when he's not bogged down by school. He doesn't even care or mind if the pony he is friends with doesn't even live in the same city as he does. He'll go out of his way to go visit his friend when he has free time. Most of his friends like him but are worried that he's a little paranoid about something bad happening as Mage spends quite a bit of time training when he's not having fun with or visiting friends. He has a tendency to mess up occasionally and does get overconfident at times, which causes him to make mistakes. He tried to learn from his mistakes though and make sure he doesn't make those same mistakes ever again.

Image:

Su8sOO2.png

((Well there you go. I'm not sure how willing you guys will be with this considering that I would like him to keep his combat skills. If this is completely unacceptable, I guess I'll just have to try this character in the CC area.))

Hi there :D I'll be able to help you get this app accepted for RPing!

It's not too far off from being ready. There are a couple things to address;

"Cutie Mark: Swords. See image for specifics."

Just a quick description of the mark will be needed as links to images can break.  ;)

His magic power is just a bit too strong for WoE as it stands right now. Having one sword appear would work but having a "plethora" of them or a ten minutes "rain shower" of them is a little over the top for what is allowed in WoE. Now, in CC this would work with little adjustment. My suggestion is if you want to change the power to summon down to one sword that would be fine, or if you'd like to keep it more as it is just move this app to CC. :)

"he's slowly become a decent expert at identifying swords, which has created a "side-job" for him where other ponies will ask him about different kinds of swords and for him to identify a sword."

Be aware that not all that many ponies in Canterlot would be interested in having swords identified as swords don't play that much of a role in the FiM series.

Ok, that's all I have for right now. Please feel free to communicate with me in this thread if you need clarification.

I was afraid of this.

Very well. I altered the cutie mark description but I would like to keep it as is.

Do I have to re-post this in CC or could I just ask for it to be moved there by a moderator?

Alright. Thanks for the update. I was going to post another character if this still had no activity. I'll try to wait a little longer.

I want to RP!! lol

:wail:

Hi! So after speaking with the SRPH, we have one more step for you to take. As far as the "raining swords" magic goes. The magic itself is fine for CC, however the length of time is a bit too long. It has been suggested that you use a broad descriptor, as in "a short time", instead of using a hard number like "10 minutes".

After this adjustment, I'll notify the SRPH that your app is ready for review and approval. We just need to keep everything within the standards for CC, I hope you understand. :)

Hi! So after speaking with the SRPH, we have one more step for you to take. As far as the "raining swords" magic goes. The magic itself is fine for CC, however the length of time is a bit too long. It has been suggested that you use a broad descriptor, as in "a short time", instead of using a hard number like "10 minutes".

After this adjustment, I'll notify the SRPH that your app is ready for review and approval. We just need to keep everything within the standards for CC, I hope you understand. :)

That's fine. I changed it.

Archived