Lane Logikin (Ready)

LostSanity

Time for my next OC I'll be attempting to transfer to here. I'll be trying this one on here. Hopefully this one can be accepted for this area. Anyway... enough of my OOC yapping. Here's the info:

Roleplay Type: World of Equestria

Name: Lane Logikin

Sex: Male

Species: Earth Pony

Eye color: Golden/Yellow. His eyes help him see things other ponies may miss. An "eye for details" almost.

Coat: White/Grayish

Mane/Tail: Dark Red and Blue

Physique: Physically fit due to his job and also due to occasionally having to chase down criminals

Residence: Ponyville

Cutie Mark: A yellow Detective Badge. ((I really can't describe it any better than that. It's also in the image... so... yeah...)) Lane obtained his cutie mark after a pony who was investigating a crime in Canterlot found him in an area that he wasn't supposed to be at. When the pony approached Lane, he told them he saw something nearby. When the pony checked it out, it turned about to be a vital piece of evidence that, somehow, all of the other police ponies and investigators had missed which led to the suspect eventually being taken into custody. The police pony then realized that Lane might have the talent to become a great investigator. So, when Lane got older, the police pony contacted him again and suggested he attend the Canterlot Police Pony Academy. Lane excelled in it, and when he graduated, his cutie mark appeared as a detective badge. Despite all of that, Lane still wanted to prove himself worthy of that cuties mark. So, he worked his way up to eventual become a detective, just as his cutie mark showed.

History:Lane's family live in Canterlot. Lane didn't have the greatest childhood. Other fillies and foals would make fun of and bully him for the way his eyes look. It made him a troublemaker in school and he got in trouble a lot. That is until his parents told him something that sticks with him to his day. "We ourselves don't know why you have the eyes that you do. None in our family has ever had eyes like yours. However... there's something about them. Something special. That's the feeling we get just from seeing them. There must be a reason that you were born with them. It's up to you to decide what that reason is." After that, he ignored all of the ponies making fun of him and quickly became the smartest student in his class. Eventually, a crime occurred in Canterlot. The police ponies had trouble finding a piece of evidence that the culprit had tried to get rid of. However, Lane was able to find it pretty easily. Unknown to him, one of the detectives saw him looking around for something and followed him. This same pony, needless to say, was quite shocked when they saw him find the piece of evidence that was missing. Afterwards, they convinced Lane to go to the special police pony academy in Canterlot after his regular school. He did so and excelled at that. Eventually, he graduated with honors. To Lane, he discovered why he was born with his eyes. To always search for the truth even when it is ignored by others. He eventually joined an local police agency in Ponyville. The youngest at his age to be hired as a detective. He's been called a "genius." He works hard at exposing criminals and achieving justice for victims of any crime, no matter how small it may be. He tries to stay in contact with victims to assure them he'll get who's responsible. However, he has few friends because of his job as well as others fear he'll turn them in for whatever he deems as "wrong." Beyond his job, he's actually a really nice pony once you get to know him. He also likes to help anyone who needs it, no matter how little it may be. As for Lane’s past, he doesn’t talk about it, at all really. Lane lives in the present not in the past. His past is basically unknown. He was born in Canterlot and graduated from the Pony Police Academy in Canterlot he then moved to Ponyville to have a more “relaxing” workplace than the “high society” Canterlot is known for. Lane just didn’t like that so he moved to Ponyville. Lane still doesn't know why he has the eyes that he does, but, he really doesn't care about that anymore. As far as he's concerned, they help him find the truth.

Character Summary: Lane doesn’t have many friends. Mostly because of his profession most likely. However, he’s actually quite nice once you get to know him and he’ll help anypony who asks him for his help. He isn’t affected by admitting he’s wrong. In fact he’ll flat out admit when he’s wrong. It allows him to learn from his mistakes and become a better investigator and detective. He’ll even accept other possible explanations and theories as to what happened. He’ll call them “possible as well.” He does have a tendency to do this until the absolute truth becomes known. Because he refuses to allow an early “theory” to be deemed the “absolute truth” when not enough information has been gathered to determine with absolute accuracy that the theory in question is the absolute truth for what happened. He wants all information, all evidence, and everything else gathered before determining what happened. Honestly, he doesn’t like other ponies who try to reach conclusions before all the information has been gathered and analyzed. If he runs into a pony like that, he’ll do everything he can to prove the other ponies “faulty theory” wrong so a more thorough investigation can be done.

Image:

EqntVTo.png

((Basically... this pony is pretty much like an "Ace Attorney" character except in pony form. If anyone else on here is a fan of that series... be my friend please. So yeah. Maybe this one is okay for this area? Maybe?))

Sorry for not catching this sooner!

The only thing I'm not quite sure about is the fact that the eyes look rather... lizard-like in the picture.  It seems a little much, but if it's just that they're yellow-gold, I don't see much of a problem in passing this up.

Normally I would request a change to the eyes, but seeing as it is a vital part of your character I suppose that would not be something you'd be willing to do. I personally consider it a minor issue, so I shall stamp this.

AppApproved.png

Archived