New Apple In Town (Open to All)

[Okay, since I messed up with the first thing, I'm just going to start a story here with this post. Everpony is welcome to join in. I'm just curious as to where a random story could go.]

The sun was up, not a cloud, save for a few strays, in sight. Sweet Apple arose up out of her pet and trotted out into the fresh air. She examined the area and noted that the apples were in full bloom this season. She knew she was going to need some assistance. Sweet just shrugged and decided she'd work half the day through. She dawned her black hat and trotted over and began bucking apples. Her cousins were probably experiencing the same over on the other side at Sweet Apple Acres. It's not a bad problem to have, when you've got others to help.

With this years ripe apples, she knew she couldn't expect help from Applejack, Big Macintosh or Apple Bloom. So she took herself into town and set up some posters to advertise help wanted. Payment will be Room and Board plus a percentage which is negotiable. She she looked about at all the ponies in the area swaying her tail from side to side as she trotted through Ponyville searching for some help on her farm.

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kitty Corner was jostled to and fro as she trotted through the bustling Ponyville. Ponies were out in their droves today and it wasn't even lunch time yet. Blowing her elaborate mane from her face, she magic'ed her flyers out of her saddlebag and cantered through a gap in the crowd to the nearest column.

Heaven Sent dating agency invites YOU
to a night of fun!
Enjoy two nights of blind-dating and camping activities!
And all for a good cause:
half of proceeds go to charity! 

Kitty blinked at the awful poster. She knew they were a little down on funds but whoever had designed this piece of advertising apparently did not have a cutie mark in the advertising department. Sighing in frustration, she pasted the poster to the column and went on her way, bumping into a pony who seemed to be putting up posters too.

"Sorry, sorry!" she mumbled, stepping out of the way to make room for the other mare. 

Sweet Apple only smiled. "Nah it's alright, darlin'." She said as she continued putting her posters up. She paused a moment to look at the posters the other mare was looking at. She red it and gave it some thought before speaking. "Say what is this, ma'am?" She asks kindly. She gave the mare a once over and rubbed her head. A highly sophisticated mare, by the way she looked. Her pa was that was up until he met her ma. But... that's history.

She put up a few more posters before realizing she may need to make a trip back to her farm and make more. She soon looked all over and gave a nervous laugh. Perhaps she didn't need that many. Went a bit overboard, but... it's all good. As far as she knew nopony got hurt so she went back to studying the poster. Blind-dating.... not so sure about that but camping. She looked at the mare and only smiled. "Um.... where is this takin' place?" She asks softly.

Kitty Corner brushed herself off and sighed once more. Returning the other mare's smile after a pause, she took another glance at the poster. "Oh, it is just a fundraiser for the ... agency I work at, which I got the unfortunate job of advertising," she mumbled, slightly embarrassed. Many ponies she had encountered over the last few months had scoffed that Kitty wanted to devote her life to matchmaking, but in reality there was something special about helping a pony find their soulmate. It may not happen often, but when it did, it was what Kitty lived for.

"It's to be held at the mouth of the Everfree to give the whole night a "fun"," she reared up swiftly and made air quotes with her hooves. "atmosphere. But it's unlikely that anyone will even bother to read these, let alone turn up," she said, wrinkling her nose. "But I am still hoping." she finished, with a soft smile. 

She took a look at the other mare's posters, mentioning: "I'm Kitty Corner by the way, nice to meet you," as she read them. "You are much more likely to fare well with your advertising than I am with mine," she laughed jokingly.

She smiled. "Ahm Sweet Apple. And ah wouldn't be surprised." She looks and rubbed her chin. "Hmmm..... well... perhaps we could help each other out. Ya see, ah need help with the harvest season comin' up, and perhaps.... if'n ya like, yew can host yer get together thing on mah farm, ah got plenty of room to have camping, and perhaps.... at the same time ah could find some help on mah farm." She smiled.

She looks and examines the poster. "But... ah reckon yer poster is mighty fancy compared to mine." She giggled. "Ahm not good at this poster makin' business." She gives a bit of a giggle. "Ah mean.... who would work on a farm and be bored most of the time unless yew were born in it." She says softly. She hated to say it but for most ponies it was the sad truth and a bit that was hard to swallow.

Kitty Corner raised her eyebrows and looked up to the sky in consideration. "Well, I do believe you make an offer I simply can't refuse," she smiled. "I can't say I'm much of a farmhand, but I think maybe this old thing can help more than my hooves can," she said, laughing, and gesturing to her horn. She wasn't into learning magic as a craft like some other unicorns were, but she could control it and use it to the best of her ability, without having to study it too much.

"Well when you pay someone to make a poster you expect them to do a better job than this thing," she said scoffing at her pile of posters. at Sweet Apple's comment, she looked intrigued. "I've always thought life on a farm would be quite quaint. I mean, a whole different life than living in Canterlot of course, but I can't somehow help daydreaming about getting away from the hustle and bustle of that big city!" she said, glancing around at the "busy" village of Ponyville.

Sweet Apple nodded. "Ah certainly can understand. Ah tried livin' in Las Pegasus, heck, mah cousin, over at Sweet Apple Acres, she tried ta live in Manehatten. The big city ain't for everypony. Ponyville is different. It's got that..... spark. It ain't too crowded and it ain't too empty like Appleloosa or Dodge Junction. It's just perfect. Yew can find what ya need in no time. Except the help ya need." She laughs.

She looks at her. "And ah reckon if'n ya stayed on mah farm, in no time yew'd be buckin' apples as if yew were born ta do it. But... ahm not expectin' anypony ta help fer free of course." She says. "But ah do have a good spot with a few trees, ah camp there all the time when ahm out late. If'n ya like ah can show ya."

She examines the area. "Ah think ah put my last poster up fer now." She gave a simple laugh.

"I suppose perhaps being born into the big city desensitizes you to the hectic nature of it all," Kitty mused. Tapping the ground with her hooves. "Well, Sweet Apple, I think I'll definitely take you up on that offer," she held out a hoof and smiled. 

"I think I'll leave the rest of these for now," she said, wincing and sliding the stack of paper back into her saddle bags. "I'd certainly love to see your farm, of course, whenever you are ready," she said, magicking a piece of hair out of her face and smiling kindly.

Sweet nodded with a smile. "Just Sweet is fine, darlin'." She shook her hoof, turned around and led her to her farm. "If'n ya think it's bad in the city, ya should head to Sweet Apple Acres when mah kin have their family reunion." She laughs as she takes out a couple of apples and passes one over to Kitty.

She looks at her. "Forgive me for being rude, but how did ya get the name Kitty?" She asks. She takes a bite of her own apple as she walks with the other mare. She reached up and scratched her own ear as trees began to appear in larger numbers and houses grew fewer and fewer until the two eventually arrived on her farm, the farmhouse being rather big for one pony to live in.

"Sweet," Kitty affirmed, nodding. "You have a large family?" she inquired as they walked, levitating the apple as she took a bite from it. "Mmm! These are so juicy!" she grinned, as dirt track became grassier and grassier under foot.

Kitty swallowed a piece of apple and looked at Sweet in thought. "I remember asking my Mother and Father that as a foal," she paused to laugh, "They told me I was so goal-focused that I always managed to find the most direct route to whatever it was I wanted to achieve, so in that sense they took the old slang for "diagonally" and named me after it, since I always got from, if you will, point A to point B as quick as I could!" she explained, smiling. 

"What about your family? Do you see them often at these reunions?" Kitty asked, gazing in wonder at the large farmhouse appeared before her eyes. "Ooh my!"

Sweet laughed. "Do ya know of the Apple Family?" She asks. "If so then ya know how big they are." She smiled looking at her and nudges her playfully. "Ah think it's cute and fitting. Ah wonder if they ever dropped you and you land on your feet." She smiled as she looked about. "The property may be small but it's home." She points out. Her hoof stops right where the property line stopped. "And that there, is the Everfree. So if'n ya like yew can have yer camp there."

She looks at the house. "And ah know, how can one mare live in a house that big. Well... ah didn't build it. Mah cousins figured ah may be startin' my branch of the Apple Family Tree, but... ahm too young to decide that. Ah'll do that when ah get enough bits rollin' in." She giggled. "Ahm contemplating on starting a bed and breakfast though." She giggled. "Only issue is gettin' the word out."

She looks up then smiled. "Nice weather. Perfect for camp outs and what not." She giggled as she looked at the house. "Care to come in for some cider?"

"I wouldn't be surprised," Kitty laughed at Sweet's joke about her name. She gazed into the dark trees of the Everfree and shuddered a little bit. "I don't quite know about camping in there now that I've seen it! I've heard the stories, but I didn't think it would be THAT spooky," she mumbled.

"A bed and breakfast?" Kitty exclaimed. "Why, that's a fantastic idea! What pony wouldn't want to stay in a beautiful place like this? AND an authentic farmhouse to boot and apple treats galore.... My you have some wonderful ideas, Sweet!" Kitty said enthusiastically. She had always wanted her own house and wasn't afraid to admit to herself that she was a teeny bit jealous of Sweet. She knew soon, she'd have enough savings for a small apartment in Canterlot (or a practical mansion somewhere less expensive...) but she still couldn't help being envious of her new acquaintance.

"Cider?" she asked, with a smile. "Only if it's home-made!" 

She took a last glance at the orchard before going inside and gulped. She wanted with all her heart to be able to help this pony out and promised herself that she would do all she could to lend a hoof.

She smiled as an idea sparked in her head. "Kitty, how would ya like ta help out? Ya help me advertise fer help and this as a bed and breakfast, and once ya get the hang of it, yew can help with ma chores, and in return, ya get room and board?" She says.

She looked at her going in and getting some. "Ah don't buy cider from any other pony, save from an Apple. Wouldn't be right." She giggled. "Anyway it ain't much but it's home. Get's a little bit.... lonesome by mahself but ya get used to things like this." She says. "If'n ya like, ah can give ya the tour of the ol'.... well ah mean new place." Sweet Apple said walking over to pour some cider, soon the smell of the cider filled the room. "Granny Smith's home made special brew. Ingredients that only she knows." She smiled offering the other glass.

"I'd love to help!" Kitty said, her eyes glinting enthusiastically. "I think that it's a fantastic idea!" she grinned.

She sniffed the cider and sighed contentedly as she levitated the glass in front of her face. "I'd certainly enjoy a tour!" she said, looking around the beautiful home. "Never mind a tour, I feel I might need a map!" she said jokingly. "I'd end up getting lost if I lived here, compared to the homes in Canterlot? Small, cramped all-in-one "luxurious" apartments? No - this, THIS is luxury she said," relaxing into her new surroundings.

(Certainly. It is open to all after all.)

She giggled. "Well, once ya get the hang of it, the first time through yew'll know your way, ah marked all the doors so ya'd never get lost." She giggled. "Yew have the master bed room, the guest room, my room, and a few others. The kitchen is down here as is the living room. This house was here when ah bought the thing. So what could ah do? Tear it down? Not a chance. Ah think using it would be wise." She says leading her around showing her all the room. "And the convenience is, there's a road that goes by so anypony needin' a place and a hot breakfast, is likely to stop when they find it ta be a bed and breakfast." She giggled.

She thinks. "Ah reckon even Celestia and Luna may one day enjoy a night and breakfast here." She giggled some.

(Can I join in to? Here is the OC I will be using http://www.canterlot.com/index.php?/topic/20610-Darkness-knight-and-Golden-Lightning (the firts one, Darky.) I hope you don't mind that I have my OC in a relationship with Luna, since it is in the FFA :$)

Kitty Corner "ooh'd" and "ahh"d sufficiently as she was given the tour. "Such spacious and richly decorated rooms!" she thought to herself. 

"It really is located in a prime position," Kitty laughed, her eyes wandering around the beautiful decor. "I think you certainly have a shot here!" she returned to the main room and sat down. "Perhaps now would be a good time to sort some things out, like how exactly can I help you out here? When do we start? Oh, I AM excited!" Kitty squealed and finished off her leftover cider.

"New posters? Reception area? Menus?"

Darky was taking a walk around Ponyville when he noticed a poster that said they needed help in Sweet Apple Acres. He knew Applejack, and this didn't seemed like something she would do.

He decided to go and investigate and headed over the area to help whoever needed help in there. After a moment he managed to smell some.... Cyder! Oh boy, hiw mich he loved apples and food made with them. He hurried to a home in which a pair of mares were talking about... something perhaps?

He went to the house and knocked tue door. "Errr.... Good day?" He said shortly afterwards.

She smiled at Kitty. "First things first. We'll set you up a room, then we'll work on posters, the reception area will be mah barn." She thinks. "Hmmm.... and well, when would ya think we can start, Kitty?" She thinks and walks into the room and grabs some blank posters. "Here we go. Ah think ah have an idea fer yer camping idea as well." She says. "Ya see, that space by the Everfree, it'd be perfect. What ahm thinkin' is puttin' a fence up about a few feet in so ta keep Timberwolves and what not outta the area, put a few cabins up and have it as a camping area, perhaps could be fer a couples retreat."

She smiled and got some stuff to start work. "But, the bread and breakfast would help fund the construction of those." She says to Kitty. "Do ya think that'd be a good idea, Kitty?"

Darky waited patiently for ether of the mares talking inside the place, then knocked again. he was sure this was the area since he followed some directions that were in the poster the best he understood.

Archived