DJ PON-3's Event R2.5 (Rainbow Dash/Hawkeye)

RainbowFoxxy

bannerdj_zpsh5dairvz.jpg

The music held an electrifying beat in the background as Pony Joe made his rounds. The unicorn fit the scene well in his black shirt and the ear buds Vinyl had so nicely given to him. He walked behind the various pairs, wondering if anypony would catch his eye with an order for a drink.

"If you're done with your current round just slide on over and see who you meet next!" Vinyl moved from her seat at the dating tables to the DJ box. After a few turns of the tables the unicorn looked out over the couples. Things seemed to be going well and she couldn't keep the sly smile off her features. The rave was definitely gonna be exciting!

Rainbow slide over to the next nearest seat and found herself across from another griffin!

"Hey there! The name's Dash! What's yours?" She smiled brightly at him.

Well, the first date had gone well. So the next one couldn't be that bad either, right? Hawkeye smiled slightly to himself as he slid into the first available seat. He found himself to be sitting across from a cyan colored pegasus, with a very colorful mane, to say the least. But despite the rainbow mane, she seemed to look pretty tomboyish, which Hawkeye kinda liked.

"Name's Hawkeye," he said, smiling back at her. "So...Dash, huh? You like going fast I'm guessing?"

"Hawkeye huh?" Rainbow leaned in, fixing the griffin with her electric violet eyes. She kept staring for a moment, long enough for things to get just the tiniest bit awkward. She took a soft breath and raised her eyebrow. Then she suddenly moved back in her chair, holding her hooves akimbo. "Well, your eye don't quite look like a hawks but that's cool." She adopted a rueful expression, thinking things over. "You know, I've got a 'friend' that's a griffon. You're eyes do look a lot like her's..."

Rainbow got distracted fairly easily in these sorts of settings. However the griffon across from her wasn't bad looking, and her seemed cool enough. "Like flying? Ummmm, yeah. I guess you could say that." She stretched her wings out for a moment and then folded them. "I was voted the Best Young Flier recently." She also had no problem bragging.

"How about you Hawkeye? You got a need for speed?"

Hawkeye simply kept his smile as the pegasus leaned in, not sure what to say. The moment of awkwardness was a bit unsettling, but it was obvious that Dash was feeling the same way, so he let it slide. She seemed pretty cool, after all. Her comment about his eye made him chuckle. "Well, I am technically part hawk, but maybe I get it from the falcon side of my family," he said. It was true, there were some falcon ancestors in his family somewhere, which was kind of ironic for him, considering his name and all. 

The griffon continued listening as Dash mentioned a griffon that she knew, saying he shared her eyes. "Really? Maybe we're related or something," he said with a chuckle. But then he hesitated, wondering if that was stupid or not. There was something...off about the way she said friend. But Hawk simply shrugged the thought aside for now.

It was cute how Dash's eyes lit up at the mention of flying, mentioning her award of the Best Young Flier. Well, she seemed to like flying, that was for sure. "Best Young Flier? Sounds prestigious. Congrats," he said genuinely. Hawk had never actually heard of the award, it must be a pony only thing. But the mare made it seem like it was a cool award to win, so he smiled.

"As for me....yeah, I guess going fast is pretty fun," he then said, answering her question. The griffon thought of the times when he was a kid, racing some of his friends. He never won many of those, but it did feel great the few times he did. "Though you could say I'm more for accuracy. But hey, winning's always fun," he said with a wink. 

"Though you could say I'm more for accuracy. But hey, winning's always fun,"

Well, that response sounded pretty awesome, winning was always fun! Rainbow let her muzzle form into a playful half smile as the griffon winked at her. She couldn't deny it, from her friendship with Gilda to the two griffons she had met in the last two speed dating rounds, Rainbow definitely had a thing for griffons. This one seemed to be into flying accurate which was also a good thing.

"Accuracy huh? Yeah, when I'm not flying fast I do a bit of accuracy flying myself. You ever heard of the super sonic trot? I've been working on that one for a few years. Got it down to an even more amazing pace than I saw at the flying exhibition last year that the Wonderbolts held." Her eyes sparkled as she thought of her idol Spitfire. "You seen the Wonderbolts fly? Coolest thing ever!"

Now, if he was into the Wonderbolts, they would certainly make a connection!

Well it turned out that he was right, the mare did love to talk about flying. But that wasn't a bad thing, Hawkeye did have his own egotistical side after all. Besides, judging by her fit appearance, Dash could probably easily beat him in a race. The thought made the griffon smile a little. 

"Super sonic trot? Can't say I've heard of that," said Hawkeye as he continued to listen to the mare. It did sound like a pony-type flying trick. 

But Dash then went on and mentioned the Wonderbolts, asking if he was interested in them. "I've seen a couple of shows. They're pretty cool," he said. And he did have to admit, some of their tricks were pretty impressive. He smiled at Dash. "I bet you'd make a pretty good Wonderbolt."

Though the griffon signed as he glanced at the clock. It was hard getting used to these quick conversations. "Well, I'll see you at the rave then," he said, smiling again before he moved on to the next table. 

Archived