Halo-Mlp. Rise of the Forbidden (Private, PM to join)

Thunder was confused by what Crow had said, Keimana? What did that mean?! He made a mental note to ask her later as she headed out. He watched, before realizing how he felt. He beat back the blush on his face as he walked Dutch and Revi to Amanda. Informing her in the situation, she nodded. There was one more thing they had to do, as Thunder removes the LMG and they begin their planning for the next step. While Amanda wanted to send the team to help, Thunder told her it wasn't needed. He was certain the Spartan could look after herself. After all, they'd tapped helmets, he knew she'd be fine.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Midnight nearly tripped over, swearing as she slowly down. She couldn't walk and watch and think all at the same time, and turned the video off. She didn't think she needed to avoid the radar, so her walk would appear on the radar. She was close to the edge of the building, and again, consumed in her own mind. What was her next step? Find the UNSC base.

"There might be info there still, if I can get my hands on it..."

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crow continued her climb digging her hand into the wall where she couldn't get a foot hold. she carefully began going horizontally to come up behind the mystery figure that was there after a few quick moment s she reached the top and heard something

"There might be info there still, if I can get my hands on it..."

Crow thought she recognized the voice ... "no it can't be" she thought to herself she climbed up

Crow was never the sneakiest but she still spent over 15 years perfecting the art of stealth. sure she would never be the best like some of the spartan's in her class who could steal your socks off you without you noticing. but she could still go undetected. she Cow observed the oddest deep in though and walked up behind her and said

"if your looking for the the new unseen base we just set up i can tel you right now there's nothing there. and i don't know what your looking for but i out there's anything that hasn't been stripped clean at the old base."

Crow though it was Midnight, she wanted to believe it but how could it be possible! just in case she was, she raised her hand to her head blocking a headshot from the trooper

Midnight hadn't thought to check her surroundings, so lost in thought that is seemed irrelevant. Boy she was wrong! 

Hearing a voice behind her gave her a near heart attack! Visibly jumping, she knew nothing had appeared on the Radar, so what the hell was it?! Whatever it was, it had to die... Midnight, as quickly as an ODST could, grabbed the pistol from her side, spun around and fired a single bullet at where she assumed the head would be. But after she pulled the trigger, she took a look at the armour, and horror consumed her. She knew that armour, Spartan....Old Crow! It had to be, but why was she here?!

Whatever the reason, Midnight knew she had to run. If Crow is here, Sky wouldn't be too far away, and she couldn't fight 2v1 against Spartans!

She turned and started sprinting away, part of her mind telling it was hopefully. She could never out-run a Spartan, but she had to try..

Sky watched the ODST camp glad they were aliright, though something was bugging him. For the last few seconds, he had felt like something was messing with his head, someone was watching him. Sky couldn't see anyone, or hear anything. Until he heard the warning of his AI. He quickly reacted on it, everything going slow motion for Sky as he ducked down, hearing the wind of the bullet fly right past where his head had been, and slamming into the wall. Sky got up, then noticed a ODST runnign away. He quickly had Rose track the hostile, Sky bolting after him, or her. 

After a long run, Sky triyng to more or less trail the other person, not catch, he noticed a little.... meeting. He noticed one of them was a spartan, then the other one bolted off. Sky swore, and then went full speed, bolding along the adjasent rooftop, trying to catch up to her.

Crow felt the giant bullet slam into her hand. It hurt. But it was better than a headshot. She shook her hand for a moment blood flying everywhere for a moment; before seeing the odst trooper run off.

“no dout its midnight. She’s the only one messed up to run after something like this”

Crow was tempted to whip out the pistol zoom in and peg her in the leg but … Crow thought reationally and chased after her instead

“one question answered, several more to go! Why is Midnight here, whats she doing why is she being such a jerk!”

“MIDNIGHT STOP!” she said as she jumped over slamming over; her feet crushing the floor underneath her.

“I’m not going to hurt you!” she shouted as the chase began

Midnight heard Crow demanding she stop. Well of course she would, she wanted to catch her! She'd shot at the Spartan, so she could only guess what cruel punishment might be inflicted should the Spartan catch up to her. With that in mind, she pushed herself harder. There was NO way she'd become a prisoner again, a plaything to be tortured and experimented on at the whim of someone else!

She knew Spartan armour was heavy, meaning she could keep running over the roof and hope for it to fall in on her, or she could use her mobility to out-smart Crow...That's when she noticed someone ELSE on her motion sensor, running parrell to her. Crow was behind her so..SKY! She swore colourfully as she realized she didn't have anywhere to go. Crow behind her, the ODST team to the left, Sky to the right. There was only so far she'd be able to run.

She stopped running, turning around to face Crow. If there was one Spartan she felt confident she could beat, Crow before Sky. She tightened her hands into fists, taking up a defensive stance and looked at the Spartan pursueing her. If Old Crow wanted her a prisoner...she'd have a fight on her hands...

Crow finally caught up.

“midnights a tricky little @$#$%#, better keep my guard up” she thought to herself as she landed on the roof with a mighty crack, bending the steel.

She walked forward upright her fists to her side putting her pistol away

“MIDNIGHT WHAT IN THE TARTRUS; ARE YOU DOING HERE!” she raised her hands in a questioning gesture

“last I saw you were cut to shreds clinging on to your life. No word no nothing now here you are hanging out with the rebels!” she shrugged.

Crow was definitely confused and angry but she tried her best not to display any malicious intent.

“look; I .. I don’t care if your staying with the covies .. there moving off doing there own thing now. I just need to know what happened to you and why you’re here!” she said putting up her hands in a gentle manner.

She was now a few steps away from her standing still

Sky watched for a few seconds, having caught up to them fast. He decided to watch for a bit, not feeling the need to fight. He had no idea who the one in the ODST armor was, though, he did know who the Spartan was. It was Crow, a old friend who he had long hopped he would never get forced to work with again. Not because he hated her, but because his work was dangerous, and when he was working with her last time, he ended up having more trouble due to worrying about those he was working with a little to much.

After a bit, he noticed the ODST getting ready to fight, and Sky decided to make a move. He knew that Crow could handle herself, but he also knew that she had a little problem with leaving things alive, much like himself, and this person looked a lot like the guy he had been trailing before he had to stop and help the ODST. 

Sky took a deep breath, getting up, and taking three steps, jumping onto their roof. He then sprinted, taking three steps, then used evade to tackle the ODST, taking her off the roof, and falling towards the ground.

Midnight kept her gaze on Crow, how did she know it was her?! The ODST armour wasn't that specific was it? No, it had to be more then that, but what? Much like Crow said, last they'd seen eachother, it was during the assault on the hospital. For the second time, she'd nearly died. She tightened the grip on her hands, before reaching into her back and pulling out two knives. She wouldn't need to KILL Crow, just make it past the Spartan.

"Crow...How you know its me, I don't understand. But i'm here on my own terms, no one is making me do anything. I told you in the note I left, remember? The Truth about who tortured me, it's out here somewhere. And I will stop at nothing to find it, I will take this world apart piece by piece if I have to! Nothing is going to stop me! Not the UNSC, not the Rebels...not even you. I am sorry, out of everyone in the world, I feel...like I could probably trust you the most, next to Sky.. Why you..Why did they send YOU after me...." She shook her head "It isn't fair! Why, why you?! Why, out of everyone in the galaxy, they sent you! I'd of killed anybody they sent to track me down, I have to, but they send you! One of the two people in the galaxy who is alive, who I will hesitate to kill!"

She let out a scream, not of anger, but of frustration as she kicked the roof under her "Fine...I won't kill you Crow...b-but, I can't let you stop me." She raised her knives "I can't let anyon-"

She would have continued, if not being taken by complete surprise at something sprinting at her as it landed on the roof! She turned to see what it was, before it slammed into her, tackling her off the roof with it! She looked at the, Spartan?! IT was a Spartan holding her around the waist, tackling her down!

"Get your filthy hands off me you genetically altered piece of c#@%" She swore as she realized the force of the impact had made her lose her knives, leaving her with just her hands and a few spares. She reached for one and was about to bring it down on the weak point of the neck, when they crashed into the ground. Midnight's back hit the ground hard, and she let go of her knive once again. She swore, refusing to let the pain get the better of her, and she tried to stand up. She was kneeling, trying to get her breath back as her mind screamed at her to move!

As they neared the ground, Sky let her go, landing heavily with a thud as he hit the ground, the ground breaking apon his impact. He waited a second, standing up straight and stairing at the ODST who was now kneeling, trying to catch her breath. He noticed that a knife was on the ground, and that she had proably aimed to use that on him.

"Genetically altered piece of cr@p? Well, seems iv run into a old friend. Good to know your alive, bad to know you happened to be on a planet where i was sent" Sky said to her, standing straight up and watching her.

Midnight heard the Spartan speak, but she refused to listen to the voice. She managed to pick herself up, her left hand holding onto the right side of her waist. Something hurt, though what, she didn't know. She refused! Refused! To be a prisoner again! Honestly might have been better if she'd fought through Old Crow, at least then she'd be in one piece!

She reached into her holster, pulling out a SMG, pointing at straight at the Spartan, her head spinning from the impact too much to recognise it "G-get away from me..you, inhuman, thing.." She started slowly walking backwards, trying despiritly to keep her balance while she did "d-don't come any closer...."

Sky could tell she was injured, and not fully seeing straight, with her stumbling a little. He started to walk towards her, not even worrying if she was going to try and shoot him. She was injured, and right now, Sky really could care less. 

"Inhuman? You know i am as human as you Rose. Put the gun down, and il fix the wound i just made, plus any others i make by accident. Try and shoot me, and this might get ugly fast, and il leave you for Crow to capture, and interrogate" He said to her, seriously annoyed at her after the fact she vanished without any more then a bye. She had left Sky behind, and had left Crow behind also. Crow had been fine, found with some wounds and treatment applied, but the fact remained that she had left them both.

Midnight get out a growling noise when the Spartan called her rose. NO ONE called her Rose!!!! Her old ODST team, and her mind didn't make the obvious connection between Sky and the Spartan standing in front of her. It was too budy trying to keep her standing up to think about anything complicated. She took another step backwards, nearly tripping over a garbage bag in the process.

"Human..you you think you're human? You're more machine than you are human! I nearly got turned INTO one of you, things! I'd rather die a thousand times than lose my humanity!" She continued to back away, not realizing she had walked herself into a corner, right below here Old Crow had been. She felt her back hit a wall, realizing she was totally trapped!

"I...I don't care what you are, and how you know Old Crow...But she, w-was, a friend...She wouldn't, do that to me..She won't let you...And I won't be a prisoner again..You hear me! I'd rather die than be taken prisoner again!" She almost screamed the last part as she jammed down her trigger, and moved forwards, hoping to by enough time to get out before the Spartan came at her. She may be the best at close range, but she was also heavily injured.

Crow watched from the roof trying to gather information.

of course Sky was here him and midnight were inseparable. they both seemed to have a rather unhealthy obsession with each other.

having enough Crow jumped down in-between them lifting a hand up signaling stop to both of them

"both of you better disengage! NOW!" she said with a stern voice that would make even the most harden elite gulp

"Im not here to capture anyone! I'm just here to augment the o.d.s.t in there mission to stop the rebels. I never understood your relationship you two have and i will never even claim too! However I'm not going to let you hurt each other for no reason AND IM NOT GOING TO HAVE YOU USE ME AS A TRHREAT!" she said to sky particularly

Crow wanted answers but she knew she wasn't going to get them from either. if Sky was here it was probably on orders form some one shady.

"midnight how could i not tell it was you. your the only rouge trooper. the only one of that size who could make that shot and i heard you talking to yourself earlier and recognized your voice. ... now if you both feel like like using the half a brain cell you must have combined! then we can go back to the oddest base maybe have some cigars sit down with thunder; and talk things out and plan out our mission goals in peace! or you both can continue this ... this ... sibling rivalry and continue to get nowhere hurting yourselfs!" Crow roared

The moment she pulled the Trigger, Sky quickly used evade to strafe to the right, doging the bullets. He watched as she ran forwards. She just grabbed her arm, keeping her in place. 

"Don't you recognize the friend you left behind t-" Sky was saying, being interupted from the sound of someone jumping off a roof.

Sky staired as crow jumped down. She was interfering with something she didn't want to understand. Sky sighed, looking at her. She was in the way of his way to Midnight, and if she tried to stop him, this would end badly.

"Crow, get the hell out of my way. Iv got questions that need to be answered, and a wounded friend who needs to either let me take her back to my ship to tell me what i want to know, and maybe get some medical stuff, as well as a new scar or two, or to go with you, and since your a loyal soldier, you have to put this in the report, and the bosses won't be happy to know she is still here. And you are also in danger. Being around me, is a danger if you are fighting on my side" 

As sky spoke, his tone was pretty angry. He was still holding Midnights arm, just preventing her from moving, and he knew that in her state, she wasn't strong enough to really injure him, even if she pulled out a knife. 

Midnight had a spike of hope in her that maybe she'd get away, right as the Spartan grabbed her arm, making her near useless! She was too injured to fight in close range, which infurated her even more! But before she could do anything, Crow arrived...and she actually put fear into Midnight. Something she hadn't felt in a while, fear...

As she spoke, it finally dawned on her. The Spartan, it was Sky! It had to be! She wretched her arm free from Sky's grip, but didn't raise her SMG, nor did she lower it completely. She looked away as Crow said she knew it was her, of course she did, just, she hated it. These were the two people she tried o leave behind, Specifically NOT to involve them in her search. And now, here they are, deep as always.

"I....I'm not going back, with either of you..." she said calmly, removing her helmet. Her face had more battlemarks on it than both would remember, scars and wounds that hadn't properly healed, there was even a trickle of blood now sneaking down her face "I told you before, didn't I? Someone tortured me, broke me, made me what I am. I want to find them, whoever it was, and murder them. And if they're dead, then i'll murdered anyone else involved in that damn facility... "

She looked at the pair of them, hell, all 3 of them. Messed up in the head, soldiers, all on the same side, yet all enemies in their own ways. What choice did she have? "I....Crow...I know why you're here. It's to capture me isn't it? I've been running around, popping up on UNSC radars, getting the rebels to stand up in my hunt... It's only natural for them to have sent people to take me in. I can't go with you for that reason alone, and Sky, you're no different. I..I may have cared about you, b-before, but now, it's over. I-I just can't do it, I can't go back without knowing the truth....I won't. You'll just have to kill me to take me in..."

Crow shook her head "midnight no, it was you who was provoking the rebels ... look i came here to stop them not you want to stay alone and slink off somewhere then fine." she knew Midnight was far to stubborn to accept help from her even if she offered it.

"Sky i won't let you hurt her. let her go and we can all just move on with our missions."

Sky listened to Midnight, fully ignoring Crow. He was a little... worried to say the least. He had just tackled her off a building, and here she was, injured as hell, thinking he had been sent to hunt her down. He was pissed off at her, that was granted. But... he felt worse for hurting her. Sky sighed, then looked at her. 

"Midnight..... i was not sent here to hunt you down.... Neither was Crow.... She was sent here to disrupt the weapons trade.... And i was sent to make sure no one died...... Now, your weak because of me.... Crow, take her with you to the ODST base..... Avery can keep a secret, and will help her.... Don't tell anyone you saw me here... or my next mission might involve more of you, then either of us would personally enjoy.." 

After Sky spoke, he just started walking away. He had his own mission to attend to, and now, he had a side objective. He had just disrupted the search of information that HE in the first place had caused.... He had to make it up to her, for all the times he had let her go, he had to make it up for her. He, was going to find out what he could. Midnight had been here, looking for something, that must mean something was here. He just had to find out where.

Midnight looked away, Crow was giving her a chance to run, while Sky, he wanted her to go with Crow. As he did, he walked off. She raised her hand, but knew it was pointless. Once he was gone, she turned to Crow, dropping her SMG and collapsing onto the ground in agony.

"Argh!" she said "T-thank you for..standing up for me...j-just promise me, i'm not...a prisoner..."

Crow watched as Midnight crumbled to the ground. She quickly ran over and checked her vitals. The poor little thing was under a ton of stress! Alone of which might be enough to kill her!

Crow scooped her up and gently placed Midnight on her shoulder. Once Midnight was set resting her stomach; Crow looked to sky and nodded walking away, towards Avery. Under her helmet couple tears streamed down her face. She wanted to be friends; all of them. they were the last Spartans. However she knew that was impossible not the way Sky was; not the way the world was.

Crow walked gently keeping her steps even making sure not to jostle Midnight much. “SO … how have you been … I’m good. Got set up for promotion just uhhh need some time to get ready for it; if you know what I mean. My armor’s been fixed that’s good, Cant make it any tougher but ehh we’ll figure out something. SOMEONE WAS ABLE TO TELL IM A FEMALE! Not some kind of tarterus demon or alien monster! Very exited about that! Been uhh hanging out with this guy named Thunder; he’s cool!”

They approached the building that was now the odst base camp. Crow took a deep breath and said “o.k im hoping that if we go in there and don’t make a big deal out of it; then they wont either! So just play it off! If not I’ll a figure it out from there.”

Crow walked into the building. And of course everyone looked at her

“I’m back!” she said as she continued to walk and picked up a medical A.M.A.L box. She soon realized most if not all of the team was starring at Midnigth. She had to say something! She thought for a moment and naturally her mind went to food “Brought lunch!” she said as she shrugged her shoulder gently displaying Midnight for a second and walking off to a room. locking the door behind her.

Crow dropped the medical box and gently set midnight down. “o.k I’m going to patch you up, relax no one will see you.” she said as she quickly stripped off Midnight’s armor. Crow was slightly jealous that there armor was almost as effective as her own yet didn’t need an entire assembly line to take on and off. Crow gently peeled off Midnights skivvies. Looking at her bare body it made a bit more sense. She wasn’t just scarred; Midnight was straight up mutilated! Whoever did this to her wasn’t just trying to get info; But feeding there own sadism. Anger, revenge, bloodlust were bad things Crow didn’t believe in them; but she could DEFINTITLY believe why now. Crow subtly tapped her helmet turning the filters on to block out the smell. The armor smelt worse than an entire locker room. She quickly guessed Midnight likely hadn’t changed in days! Crow opened up the box and took out a survival blanket and a syringe full of ketamine. “here. All the strength of morphine none of the side effects.” She said as she gently poked the wounded trooper; then set the blanket on top of her. The survival blankets would automatically take her to a comfortable temperature. And hopefully the ketamine was enough to make her relax a little bit.

“I just want you to relax a bit before I splint you up ok. Your going to be allright. just try to rest.” Crow said as she sorted the medical box taking out what she needed for later.

Midnight saw Crow rushing towards her and pick her up off the ground, carrying her, somewhere. Where? She couldn't remember. She heard Crow speaking, only a few things actually making sense to her. A guy? She had her eyes on a guy? Wasn't she a Spartan? Midnight found this strange, but she lacked the mental capacity to question it right now. She felt the area change, where they inside?

Back in the ODST camp, all eyes were on the Spartan, or more specifically the ODST she had carried in. Who was it? The word 'Lunch' didn't help as the Spartan walked into another room, and locked the door. Thunder was the only one to speak.

"I trust her, we'll see what its about"

Midnight felt her armour being stripped off, and she tried to resist, flailing her arms around before surrendering, knowing it was hopeless, extremely embarrassed at being this revealed before anyone. Plus it would mean they would see it, all her wounds. Signs of broken bones, flesh burns that never fully heals, cuts that had been healed with salt inside, all the tale-tell signs of pain painted across her body, a horrible piece of art.

"C-crow.." she said weakly "w-w-why..? A-after I left...I-I thought..y-you'd..ha-hate me...for leaving..."

As she said this, there was a knock on the door, heavy. On the otherside, Thunder stood on his own "Crow? Everything alright in there?" he asked

Once Sky was out of their site, he walked over to a nearby wall, punching it as hard as he could, causing the wall to cave in around his fist, the wall cracking. He took of his helmet, dropping it on the ground as he continued to just punch thew all for a straight minute. After he was done, their were several holes in the wall, and a lot of cracks and dents. He reached down, picking up his helmet, then looked around. He was on the roof tops, he had no leads, no way to know where to go, and of course, no allies to help him survive. It was always like this, ever since that planet where he had to fight flood. Sure, he had a team during THAT mess, but he ended up shooting most of them as they were turned into flood. Their had only been four survivors, one who he saw die.... Another who has been missing in action since,  Midnight, and himself. 

Sky reached around his neck, pulling out the whole set of Dog tags he had. All of them, each a member of his old ODST squad who was taken out, and killed. He knew that barely anyone knew about that mess, only the higher ups, who had SENT them their, for what reason, Sky didn't know. 

As that thought appeared, Sky thought to himself, why were they sent their? The UNSC would have known about the risks, and they sent us down their.... Sky tucked the dog tags back into his armor, putting his helmet back on. He still had a job to do. 

He started to travel towards the camp, though he was only walking, not in a big rush for once. He sighed, then had Rose give him a line to his command. 

"Checking in, the squad is reunited, and safe for time being. I need some information though. What is the ODST team's main objective, and why Spartan MKIII, callsign 'Crow' is on the field with them. And update on objective" 

Crow set her equipment she would use later to the side and shook her head “well yeah I am kind of mad at you for leaving. But what am I going to do? Be a jerk and stomp on you for it? That’s not what we do. When someone falls down … you help them up.”

And that’s when Thunder knocked on the door. Crow couldn’t say no to him and stood up her hand on the door. “I’m going to let him in. he’s cool all right; I think you two will get along actually.” She then unlocked the door and opened it just enough so that only crow was visible.

“hey Keimana; everything all right?"

Midnight looked over at Crow, before looking away. When someone falls down, you help them up? Those words played in her mind, not aware that Crow had gone to the door.

Thunder frowned, she used that word again. "Keimana..? You know, nevermind, that'll come later. Crow, who was that? You can't just bring in some hald-dead ODST without some questions being asked~....Do you need a hand? Amanda asked me to find out, since I promised not to tell anyone unless I have no choice. Come on Crow, I trust you, now..i-i need you to trust me, alright?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Command was quick to reply to Sky's call.

"Objective was to locate any Rebel leaders, we have been tracking an individual for months since their escape on earth. We knew they would be involved in the weapons trade. Mission was to disrupt the trade, capture any Rebel commanders as possible. Failing this, chase them off-planet for tracking. Spartan "Crow" was deployed with ODST team due to close nature of the teams, a request from the Squad Leader Amanda Avery along with suspects that Spartan has links to one of the Rebels leaders. We wanted to see if their was any unique interactions between Spartan and Rebels for security of loyalty to the UNSC. Current Objective has changed: Locate and capture any and all Rebels, we are sending a database with known Rebels in the area"

A stream of data came into Sky's A.I unit, pictures, some black and white, some prison pictures, some taken during battle. While many might be familiar, Sky would have trouble NOT knowing the last one. The last one had pale skin, dyed long blue hair and wore modified ODST armour.

Rebel Rouser

NAME: UNKNOWN

INFORMATION: Any location where she is seen, Rebel activity has spiked. Believe recruiter for Rebels Cause. Capture on sight!

Sky watched as the information was fed to him, most of which he could recognize. He had dealt with a fair few of these guys before, taking out their minions. One of which, a leader, he had been taking down just before being sent on this mission. But when the last photo came up, he staired at it, having it glued to his hud for a moment. 

No...

Sky sighed, then went abck on to contact his command.

"Am i weapons free on all targets, or do you guys want them alive? And i need a confirmation on the last target, he seems a little to much like a UNSC operative" He said, now in sight of the ODST base. He did not want to follow out that last order, and he didn't plan to, not if he could help it.

Archived