It sure moves a lot around here! (Free to join)

So the group was off in a direction. They'd quickly catch up to Lucky who slowed down for them, but when they approached, she decided to pick up the pace a little just so the researches could be done quickier. At least, that's how she thought of it. Freesia was not very fast, though, so Violet invited her to get on her back, which she gladly accepted and did. 

Violet: Lucky! I don't think we'll just find her by running around! We should think of something!

Violet called out to her friend in front of her. The cat-pony heard, but didn't even come to a stop. She just kept going.

Lucky: Don't worry! I'm sure we'll find her somehow! Eventually we should find somethin--Woah!

As she spoke, Lucky didn't pay much attention to her surrounding. She stepped on the side as something passed by her very fast and caught her balance back before she'd lose it.

Violet: Are you okay?

Violet would ask her friend.

Lucky: Yep! No worries! Now let's chase that thing!

And with that, the cat-pony just accelerated with a new objective in mind.

Violet: L-Lucky?!...

She'd sigh, before trying to speed up, but also looked behind her to see if Brave was still following with what was happening.

Violet: Maybe we should split up and try to trap that thing!

She'd suggest to Brave.

"Got it!" She told her taking off

Now flying she was much faster then on the ground she easily flew ahead of it and stopped in the path to stop what ever it was

Good! That way they'd be able to catch whoever it was that ran so fast past them. Lucky could see from the corner of her eyes that Brave had taken a different route to catch up with the one they were pursuing and kept going so they'd have a better chance at it. Yet the runner was very fast, and pretty agile too. In these woods he was managing to go over obstacles like it was nothing.

Eventually it seemed like Brave had reached a point where she would stop and get herself in the way to block the path. The runner could see her from afar, but didn't stop himself at all. Instead he sped up. Once he'd reach a certain point he would leap in the air, then from under the mantle it was wearing, wings would spread out and he'd boost himself up and forward to get over Brave before he'd land on the other side... only to keep running. Violet and Lucky witnessed this and one of them would let out a small grunt. Unfortunately, Violet was not a leader... and didn't know much about strategy. Her plan to split up was all that she was able to come up with. For now she could only think of trying to catch up with it in a race through the woods. It was obvious that this mysterious individual would give them trouble if they could only run. Once they'd catch up to Brave, Violet would come to a stop while Lucky decided to continue. That way she could catch her breath a little.

Violet: What should we do? He's way too fast...

She'd ask Brave after a short moment.

Yes indeed, she was fast. The pony could see that too, but he was on the ground. If she wanted a race, then she could have one. The mysterious pony would take off the ground once more and his wings would serve him again. He was also very fast when flying, plus his agility made him go through trees and branches with a lot of ease. Violet and Lucky had no choice but to continue on hoof. Lucky still had a lot of stamina, but it was starting to be pretty exhausting for Violet.

The pony would eventually come out in a more opened place. Yet he made a mistake. He looked behind him when he shouldn't... and this led him to force himself to a stop! When he looked forward again, he could clearly see how he was going straight into a mountain wall. He'd then land rather harshly, but would manage to keep himself on his hooves. The pony would turn around. It was inevitable that they would catch up with him, since they went in a straight line. He'd have his back near the wall and would wait there in a position ready to defend himself. On his back he carried a sword that was sheated. He would put his hoof on it, just in case and would wait for them to arrive...

She could see that he was taking a stance, a defensive one. He had a hood on his head, covering most of it, yet the visible parts of his body were showing a pale orange color. He wouldn't move from where he was, and would only stare at the bat-pony who appeared. So it seemed that the three other ones were still behind. It probably wouldn't take long before they'd arrive. For the moment he could only glare at Brave from under his hood.

???: Why are you pursuing me?...

He'd ask distrusful. 

???: Are you trying to stop me too?...

"You were running I thought you wanted to race" brave said smiling before he said the second part

"Wait who's trying to stop you....and stop you from what?" She said her smile disappearing

(This better not be a criminal) she thought as she got ready for him to do something

If she wasn't there to stop him... then what was their goal? The pony wouldn't move much, but inside thought that maybe he'd still have a chance to flee from them. 

???: Who would even race like this? Nevermind... if you're not with them, then go away.

He wished for her to leave, but this probably would have to wait. Violet and Lucky finally caught up with them and arrived by Brave's side. Violet looked very exhausted from that running, while Lucky Bell seemed to have some more in her. As for Freesia... well she had avoided running since she had ridden on Violet's back. In any case... Now they could see the one who was fleeing. Violet sure wanted to question him, but she still had to catch her breath. The pony near the mountain wall was ticked off as he tsked it away. Regardless of that, Lucky stepped forward to try and talk to him a little.

Lucky: Okay... So... so Brave wins this race... but... geez, why are you... running away like... that?

She'd ask him. taking pauses between words to breath in. The pony didn't move from where he was and made sure he had everyone in his sight.

???: Why are you even pursuing me, then?

Lucky: Because you look... suspicious?...

???: What would you do about it?

Lucky: I'm... not sure, myself...

???: In that case...

And then he would take his hoof off of his weapon and would take a more normal stance, yet still being careful to hide his face.

???: I'll take my leave.

This said, he turned around, facing the mountain. His wings would spread out, ready to take off, but...

Violet: Wait!...

The young unicorn would call for him to stop, still trying to regenerate from this ever tiring race they had. The pony would turn his head slightly, as to hear her talk.

Violet: Perhaps... you could... help us...

Violet would take a moment to breath some more before she'd continue.

Violet: ... We're looking for a friend. A fairy. Big butterfly wings. Maybe you've seen her.

Without showing it, the pony had a reaction of surprise. His wings would fold back in and he'd turn around, about to say something. Yet before he could do so, he would leap behind a large rock nearby. Violet, Freesia and Lucky all wondered what he was up to to suddenly hide like that, but soon enough they'd hear hoofsteps. And shortly after that, two guards from Canterlot would show up. They'd stop by the group. The first one they'd really notice would be Violet, who they seemed to know.

Guard 1: You? What are you doing here? Are you all right?

They noticed how exhausted she was.

Violet: Y-yes. I'm just a little tired... I... We're looking for a friend of mine and... we thought we saw her in the woods, but it wasn't her.

Guard 1: I see... We thought we had seen the thief around here. You wouldn't have seen him, hm? He wears a mantle with a hood and carries a sword on his back.

Violet: Uh...

Violet was confused on what to say. Was this guy really the thief from earlier? To her he looked like he just wanted to get away and nothing else. He didn't seem dangerous, yet it was still possible that he possessed something from someone else with him... and it needed to be retrieved. She looked back at her friends and Brave in search for an answer, uncertain of what to really say.

"Ahm..." brave said to the guards "your in the presence of the lunar guard captain and in my juistriction" her happy go lucky attitude gone and replaced by that of a leader

"explain what he stole" she ordered clearly irritated by the lack of respect from the day guards

At first they didn't recognise her right away, but when Brave informed the guards that she was the lunar guard captain, they immediately bowed to her.

Guard 1: Please accept our apologies!... We didn't mean to be so rude.

And they'd get back up, ready to give an explanation.

Guard 1: Yes, Ma'am. The object stolen is a magical gem that contains a great amount of magical power. We have no idea what the thief wants to do with it, but we assume he may try to sell it for profit. But he's fast... he managed to escape us back in Ponyville. We were ordered to retrieve the stolen gem.

Of course, Violet, Lucky and Freesia all listened to what the guard explained. Well... it seems like they were getting themselves involved into something pretty serious if they decided to keep going, but what also surprised them was to know that Brave was a captain guard. 

As for the pony behind the rock, he remained there, well hidden and in silence. He listened to the guard speaking and heard about Brave as well... this was not looking good for him. He'd have to find a way to escape and quick, or else things could turn bad for him.

This was bad... very bad. The guards and the three friends watched Brave go to a rock and look behind it. Then they heard her speak to someone, seemingly about something stolen. The guards looked confused while Violet and her two friends felt more worried for what could happen next. 

The pony remained there without removing his hood, nor even looking at Brave.

???: A guard who asks for a thief to give a reason... heh, that's new. If my reason is good enough you won't punish me of my crime?

At this point he didn't care if he was hidden or not. There were a total of three guards here and escaping could only cause more trouble. Besides... there was another reason why he couldn't fly away this time. So he decided to get up, revealing himself to the others from behind the rock. At that the eyes of the guards widened and they immediately rushed over to the pony. One would grab the thief while the other would search him. The second guard would retrieve a small bag out of the pony's mantle and would show it to the other guard.

Guard 1: You are under arrest for the reason of theft. 

The guard would then lock the pony's legs with chains so he wouldn't be able to escape that way, then they would both place themselves to his sides, ready to walk away with the prisoner. 

Guard 1: Sorry Ma'am, but these are the orders of the day captain under who we work. This pony is just a petty thief who has gone too far. If you have anything against it, then you'll have to talk to the captain. We simply follow orders.

At that, the guard would pull on the chains slightly to indicate that they were going. The guards and the thief would begin walking, passing by Violet and company as well. As he'd pass near them, he'd try to stop for a moment, looking at Violet.

???: Your fairy friend... I know where she is. Help me out and I'll help you too.

Guard 2: Quiet!

The guard would pull the chains hard to get the thief going again and they'd all get walking. Violet didn't respond, but was very surprised to know that this pony here knew of the fairy. After the guards were far enough, Freesia approached and looked up at Violet with a worried glare.

Freesia: What are we gonna do?... He knows where she is!

Violet: Well... I...

Lucky: We'll rescue him! He knows where Seria is, after all and we don't! So we'll help him out and ask where she is! Right Brave Shield, right?

Violet: Lucky! Brave is a captain of the guards! We can't just... ask her to help a criminal get out!

"True but it's agenst policy to arrest somepony in another guards juristriction without permission" brave said irritation all over her face "I'll be right back I need to turn back into a unicorn" she said before walking off behind the rock

As soon as she was out of sight the group could hear a slicing like someone just got cut then a bright flash

A few seconds later brave came back out a unicorn once more

"Ok dose anypony have any paper and a pencil?"

It was odd to hear the sound of something cutting when Brave went behind the rock. The girls wondered what was even cut, but when she came back out as a unicorn, they could see that nothing really happened. While they figured this out, Brave asked them for paper and pencil... but none of them were bringing pencils and papers when visiting a friend. 

Violet: Um, no. We don't have any paper. Why?

Freesia: And what was that cutting sound we heard?

While Violet and Lucky already stopped bothering themselves with the transformation cut sound story, Freesia was rather very curious about it and not so shy as to ask what it was.

"I need to send a message to shining armor" brave said before looking at the fairy "it was me cutting my throat" she told her seeing everyponies reaction

"Unless there is a unicorn with knowledge of transformation spells nearby I have to kill my self to turn back" then finishing she started to head back to her house "come on maybe I can get some Awnsers for you before he's out of even my reach

• 2 weeks later...

Naturally, everyone cringed at the explanation given, but it left a more gruesome image in the mind of the young ice fairy... She didn't need to know about that stuff, but... well, she asked. At least she didn't see anything, but it was more of a reason for her to just stay even closer to Violet. After what Brave told them to follow.

Violet: S-sure...

She said still thinking about what happened a few minutes ago. Lucky and Freesia would follow as well. As for the guards they were already out of sight, yet not running or anything. Perhaps they did have a chance...

Seeing everyone's reaction brave gave a week smile "sorry for being blunt but that's what it was"

As they arrived on the property braves horn was glowing and the door opened with a pen and quill floating through

When it reached brave the quill was already wrighting the message

It pretty much was a letter practically yelling at shining armor about what the day guards were doing

The letter then burst into a blue flame and brave turned to the group

"Now we wait a few minutes"

After a few minutes of awkward silance braves horn glowed and blue flame erupted in front of her

A letter formed from the flames and brave quickly read it

Brave gritted her teeth "dang it shining!" She said crumpling the note as it burst into red flames then nothing

She turned to the group "anypony up for going to canterlot to meet our stranger?" She asked obviously angry at what the letter had sead

Archived