Chasing Thieves (Invite Only)

Zed yawned widely as he leaned up against the castle wall, the same ach bothering his shoulders as it had been for the last two years since he first landed in Equestria. Even though he looked like an outcast with his humanoid structure, he did not feel as alone as he had before. He was now much more well acquainted with the princesses, along with the ponies that had helped him get to Ponyville when he first arrived. Next to him stood Celestia's only son Solar Flare, who became something of a best friend to the boy.

"So, what exactly are we supposed to be doing? Mother didn't tell me." Solar wrote in the usual dancing blue letters.

"We're traveling to the Frozen Hearth to search for a thieve's organization. We're supposed to gather enough evidence, an bring it down." Zed replied, pulling a camcorder out of his jacket pocket. "And this is what we'll be using to record whatever goes on." He studied the camera for a moment, before sighing. "Now that I think about it, I should've bought a smaller one..."

"Way to go, genius." Solar replied with a chuckle. "So who are we waiting for?"

"Rhenn and Shadow. They should be arriving right about..." He pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose and looked at his watch. "Now."

Shadow, being disguised expertly as always in her Unicorn form, stepped off of the train and headed towards the Castle, the Guards stopped her but she showed Celestia's small badge that she was given and headed straight onwards.

"Oh so far from home..." she murmured already missing her warm bed of the Everfree and the quiet life. "Oh my, off to the Frozen Hearth, I wonder how Zed has been doing for these pasts 2 years," Shadow's hooves clopped loudly on the hard flooring as she entered the main hall with a sigh.

"Why haven't they arrived yet?" Solar wrote a minute later.

"Just give them a second. Not everyone arrives completely on time-" He was interrupted when the doors opened and the sound of clopping hooves echoed throughout the hall. At first glance, they thought it was just another unicorn. But Zed immediately recognized the disguise.

"Hey, Shadow!" He called out. "Permission to hug, your Majesty? It's been a while." Of course, Zed had never really been one for hugs, but he wanted to make an acception for the Changeling queen that helped him get out of the Everfree.

"You? Hugging ponies? Now I've seen it all." Solar wrote, more than a little surprised at the boy's offer.

Shadow chuckled as she saw the little filly and Zed. "Permission accepted but please don't call me a Queen," she laughed as she dropped the hood from her face and it molded into that of a changeling as she grew up to more of Chrysalis's height. "I've grown for once," Shadow laughed as she removed the hood and opened up her magenta wings.

"I hope you are well,"

"I've been well. I'm on a pain medication for my scars that I take twice a day, Princess Celestia was able to find someone capable of making clothes for me, and..." He paused for a moment. "They were even able to give me a proper birthday. Which is next week! This mission should take is at least a week to complete, so Celestia and Luna have a party planned for when we return." Zed replied, then stood back a bit as she grew to her normal height. "Wow, you really have grown." He said with a chuckle. Last he remembered, Shadow was a bit taller than the average pony, almost as tall as he was. Now it seemed he only reached her neck! "You're almost as tall as Celestia and Luna! Well, you look great." He said, hugging her tightly around her neck.

"You are such a big softie." Solar wrote, waving a hoof at Shadow. "I hope you feel lucky. Aunt Luna offers him hugs all the time, and he rarely accepts." He added with a chuckle.

"Oh I do Solar, how are you?" She asked Tias Son ,hugging him, also before her horn lit up and illuminated to a lighter pink with white stars, showing a neater twisted pattern than Chrysalis's.

"If I was as tall as Celestia I'm pretty sure I could give her a run for her money," Shadow said jokingly at the thought if her over throwing the Leader of Equestria. "Don't take it seriously, my magic has improved a lot too, it's been fun training in the Everfree," if course she wouldn't say how, entering the old Castle of Princess Luna and Celestia gave you a lot of books to read and some creepy spells too that she had learnt. Not to mention when a small book for Changeling's was there as well.

"Is it...Rhenn? Brave? Discord? Errr who else? Forgive me but it's been so long sine that day," Shadow's laugh had become deeper and her voice more silky, it was strange growing.

"I'm very well, ma'am. Thank you." Solar replied with a smile. For a moment, he actually thought that Shadow planned on challenging Celestia, before he realized it was a joke, and the little Alicorn chuckled nervously.

Zed thought for a moment as he tried to remember who all was involved. "Um.... Midnight! That's who you were missing." He said, looking curiously at the strange pattern that she made. "So, Celestia has told you what our mission was, right?"

"Ah Midnight, I thought she left Discord with a message telling us she was at home with her daughter?" Shadow said curiously as her hoof tapped her chin in thought before shrugging it off. She'd find it out, soon or later.

"Frozen Hearth, Thieves Organisation, Bring it down then my home in the Everfree and bed in a week," Shadow laughed again as she relaid she had worried the Alicorn .

"Relax I'm not going to," Shadow made a mental note, not to mention that again.

"Pretty much." Zed replied with a small yawn. "But what about the party? I'd really like for you to stick around for it once it's all over." He glanced behind her at the main doors. "Also, you didn't happen to see Rhenn on your way here, did you?" He added.

"He'll have to hurry up, or else we might leave without him." Solar wrote.

"Well, it's only been a few minutes. We can wait." Zed replied.

Rhenn, almost as if on cue, entered the hall with echoing hoofsteps like everypony else. He was pretty well the exact same size he was before, only with a little bit more fur on his chin from a lack of a recent trimming. Not only did he look the same, but he was wearing all the armor he had when the first incidents had occurred.

It had been about a month since Rhenn had spoken with Zed, and two years since he had with Coccoon. It was quite obvious he was surprised to see the two chatting, and even more so to see an alicorn he had never previously been informed about.

"Well g'day there 'angel' boy!" He called across the hall teasingly. "Been busyin' yerself with anyth'n product've, or ya still loit'rin about with groups 'f wolves?"

"There he is!" Zed called out, waving the Arieon over. "I've been a little more productive lately, harnessing what skills I've retained since I crash landed here. What about you? How have you been?" He asked. Solar stepped forward and waved at Rhenn. "Ah! And this is Solar Fare, Princess Celestia's son. He'll be coming with us." Zed added.

((Is Solar a filly or like teen?))

Shadow turned to see Rhenn and looked down on him with a smile. "You haven't changed one tiny but have you Rhenn?" Her laugh echoed throughout the halls and her hair gracefully landed in a slight but messy curls on the side.

"Any pony else going accompany us to the Frozen Hearth?" She asked still unsure of who was coming along, one thing for sure was that these 2 ponies and Zed here, she felt indestructible . Turning to the Areion Shadow nodded again before pacing.

(Solar is probably in his teens here.)

"I don't believe so. I think that's it." Zed replied, pulling the camera back out of his jacket pocket. He opened it up to make sure the battery was full before putting it away. "I guess we should be on our way. We can catch up on each other's lives on the train ride there." He began walking towards the main entrance. "It's really good to see you guys again."

"Zed is a little better known around Equestria, so he shouldn't attract as much attention." Solar wrote, glancing at him.

"That'd be jus' swell, 'cuz I've got other things t' ask righ' now." Rhenn mirthfully stated as he trotted his way toward Solar "Like who are you? I don't reck'n I've ever met ya b'fore, young'un!" he stood strong and heartily before the young prince, looking intently at him with curiosity. Rhenn extended a hoof as a welcoming gesture, expecting a hoofshake in return as it was the polite thing to do.

At first, Solar felt a bit intimidated by Rhenn, almost as much as Zed had when he first met the Arieon. Of course, he relaxed a little once he realized how polite and hearty he seemed. The little Alicorn smiled and accepted the hoofshake. "I don't believe so, either. It's a pleasure to meet you, sir." Solar wrote, the dancing blue letters hanging in the air for a moment before disappearing.

Shadow nodded and followed Zed outside of the hall, today, she would not change her body into a Unicorn, word out was her popularity in artistic and crafting designing had gotten out across the region and it would be a miracle to hope no one in Ponyville was here, they all knew who she really was.

"Shadow Cocoon, Queen of Nothing," she spoke to herself with a laugh, she didn't have her own brood and quite frankly didn't want one, her holed hooves made their way alongside Zed as she looked up at the glass windows she passed with an appreciating of design in her eyes.

"Queen of Nothing? Oh, come on. That doesn't sound right." Zed stated with a small chuckle. "If you don't mind me asking, why is that?" It seemed strange to him. He knew that Shadow was not of Chrysalis's brood, but he figured that she would at least one of her own. It didn't seem right to him that she didn't.

Rhenn didn't bother hopping into Zed and Coccoon's blather about titles, but was instead focused on his own little world of curiosity: curiosity about the dancing letters in the cool hall air (that Rhenn could have sworn was a unicorn attack tactic he had seen before).

"Excruciatin Excalib'r! I ain't seen communicati'n 'f that sort b'fore! Ya nearly scared me 'nconscious with that magic, 't's th' last 'f what I'd expect." He ruffled up Solar's mane a bit with a noogie as an uncle would to a nephew. Not the usual show of behavior from somepony that one had only just met mere seconds ago.

Shadow shrugged,"I'm not up for babysitting ad to be honest dear, I haven't found any pony else," she smirked before wondering about what may happen if she did start her own, most likely a war between her and Chrysalis and that didn't sound all too good either.

"There would be a massive war, we'd destroy Equestria in out fights and it probably wouldn't end well for me," Shadow said with a smile, Chrysalis's brood would've had a lot more training than hers but then again, Shadow might have the help if the Princesses?

"It's such a complicated life as a changeling, the effort ever since the attack on the wedding," Shadow said as she beckoned for Rhenn ad Solar to keep up.

"So where are we going? The train?"

"Well, we're not walking there." Zed replied with a chuckle. "I've got us a private train scheduled to arrive in about thirty minutes, but it's best we arrive early." He thought for a moment about what Shadow said, and he nodded in understanding. "Yeah, that makes sense. Now isn't really the best time for a full-out war." He smiled playfully. "But then again, if that did happen, you'd also have me to help you out. I don't really think I'm as special as Celestia says, just because I beat her best soldiers. But I'd be glad to do whatever I can if such a thing did happen." He shrugged, before deciding to change the subject. "Well, I hope you at least find someone. You have a higher chance than I do."

-----------

"Oh, sorry!" Solar replied, chuckling a bit as the Arieon ruffled his mane. Truth be told, he had not expected that type of behavior, considering he had only just met Rhenn, but he decided not to say anything, fearing it would be a bit rude. He saw Shadow's signal and trotted after them. "We should probably keep up." He said.

"Ah, 'ndeed!" Rhenn flapped his leathery wings to hover a few inches above the ground. With another silent flap, he swiftly rode the air toward the others and ahead of the young little alicorn boy.

"Would either 'f you two have some additi'nal spill on th' crooks we're shuttin'? I don' beleive I's got th' full scoop on 'em as 'f yet." Rhenn's distinct voice interrupted, displaying his relaxed nature audibly. "'t's best we know what kind 'f approach we should take t' th' half-wits."

"Oh, sorry. I in'erruptin' anythin' 'ere?" He said only just becoming aware of the topic they were conversing about previously. Good gracias, 's the changelin' lady really thinkin' 'f that? That's even possible?

Shadow stepped back as Rhenn butted in but she dismissed it and carried on listening with a smile.

"Rhenn, agreed, I don't know all too much either, that I would like to find out?" She questioned as she looked at Zed and her magic life up the Alicorn Solar in front of her.

"Don't fall behind you," she laughed as she ruffled his mane. Seeing the look on Rhenn's face she chuckled. "Don't worry,"

((Btw Rhenn and Shadow have met and Shadow will be meeting solar flare in ohers rp I presume.))

(Most likely, yes)

"I don't have too much information on it either."  Zed replied, glancing at his watch. It was more of a tweak than being worried about what time it was. "All I know is that they weren't always thieves. Years ago, they were a pretty successful trading business years back, until something happened. Now they steal in order to find their fortune, and it's become so bad that we'll have no choice but to shut it down." He pulled his glasses of and polished them on his jacket a bit, before pushing them back up the bridge of his nose. "The best approach we can take is stealth. We sneak in and gather what information we can. That's where this comes in." He pulled the camcorder out. "Once we have enough evidence, then we'll bust them." He put the camera back into his jacket pocket.

-------

Solar gasped a bit as he was suddenly lifted into the air and placed in front of them, and he listened intently to what Zed was saying. "Maybe while we're there, we can try to figure out what made them change to a thieve's organization?"

• 2 weeks later...

"'Until someth'n happ'ned', eh? Sounds like a fair 'nough deal t' get 'n on. I say we get t' th' train an' get diggin'!" Rhenn exclaimed as if he had gained the strength of a hundred earth ponies and eagerness beyond what anypony would expect of him. "You take them record'n's, an' then we'll bust 'em down with what we got. Seems like a dang good deal 'f ya ask me. Dirty work ain't no probl'm when ya do i' with a two-legg'd pow'rhouse!" he laughed aloud.

Archived