Chasing Thieves (Invite Only)

Before Zed stepped onto the train, he fumbled in his pockets for a moment and dropped a small handful of bits into the conductor's waiting hoof. "That should do it." He said, stepping past the threshold and onto the train. He took a seat across from the door. "Powerhouse? Pfft, please..." He said, rolling his eyes. "I'm not that special."

"You can do things no one else can." Solar wrote, taking a seat across from him. He turned to Shadow, a polite smile gracing his lips. "Seventeen." He replied.

Again, the boy rolled his eyes. "I stopped a timberwolf from eating us, and I bested Celestia's deadliest soldiers. It's not a big deal."

Shadow huffed. "Yeah Yeah show off, just remember this Changeling hasn't had that chance yet! Plus I live with Timberwolves," she laughed as she nodded to Solar. It was strange, she wondered to herself what his voice sounded like.

"No biggie huh? Well Zed you are a powerhouse and a unique ne of that, it's nice to know that we'll all be protected," Shadow smiled as she playfully hit Zed on the arm with her hoof. Armour, her armour was in her saddel bags!

"I'll put my armour on in a bit," she said with a smile before the Changeling heard flashes: Cameras.

"Sorry everypony I'll be leaving! See you all soon!" Some fans screamed before the mare quickly hid in the train. "Let's move!"

Rhenn trotted into the train and used the open space to stretch out his limbs. "'Not that special'. I'll tell ya what, kid; next time an uniden'ified bein' rockets down from th' heav'ns an' goes to Can'erlot an' humiliates warriors 'n a battle who've train'd since they'd been tiny colts, then you'd be 'not that special'." He glanced over at Zed teasingly with a smirk painted brightly on his face. "So if all ya did wasn't no big deal, you should be able t' do this whole mission Blindfold'd, eh?"

"Really?" Zed replied, rubbing the spot on his arm where Shadow hit him. "Sorry, I just don't like to think of myself as extremely powerful. I mean... I'm sure that there are others out there who are much more skilled than me."

"Ha!" Solar wrote, letting out a small chuckle. "The only one who would be more powerful than you would be Discord. And even he is threatened by you, given that show you put on when he insulted your wings."

Zed winced a bit at being reminded. "End of conversation." He said quickly. He glanced out the window, finding that a group of ponies had gathered outside the train. He smiled at Shadow. "It's good to see you've made a name for yourself." He went back to his seat and glanced at his watch. "It should take us a few hours to reach the Frozen Hearth. I hope you all brought something to keep yourselves entertained."

"All you're wearing is a hoodie. Did you even bring a heavier coat?" Solar asked.

Zed moaned loudly and sank in his chair, mouthing a small curse.

"I'll take that as a no..."

• 4 weeks later...

Rhenn sat himself down and unequipped his armor and removed his saddlebag. "Hey, look on th' bright side, kid! You'll only freeze half as fast as ya would without th' hoodie!" he laughed. "Seriously tho', I wish I had someth'n t' give ya, but I don't got noth'n."

Removing a binder for the ride from his bag, Rhenn opened it and began to look through it quietly.

"Heh, yeah. I guess that bit is true." Zed replied, putting his hood up and leaning back into his seat. He did always have a bad habit of being ill-prepared for many of the missions he embarked on, which was an aspect about himself that he planned on fixing sometime in the near future.

"Don't worry, we'll figure something out." Solar wrote, chuckling a bit. The only response that came from Zed was a sigh, before the boy closed his eyes.

Archived