Family is first [private]

((Okay, here is it. Lets get started then))

Celestia's school for magicaly gifted unicorns, school where the best unicorns of Equestria go to study magic... and the peincesses' fillies and sons.

At it's halls, a cute alicorn was walking to the cafeteria to get lunch. She had a night sky mane, smilar to her mother's mane, Princess Luna, and a charcoal coat, as well as purple eyes. She had also a lovely voice and many stalions in her class wanted to date her, but she always refused.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Solar trotted through the hallway towards the cafeteria, shyly glancing at anyone who passed by. So far, his first few days have been uneventful. No one has made fun of him yet, like he first anticipated. Some of the ponies even regarded him with respect, almost as if they knew that he was Celestia's only son. He kept his books with him using a levitation spell, hoping to study a bit while eating. Suddenly, not paying attention to where he was going, he accidentally bumped into somepony, and his books fell to the floor. "Sorry!" He wrote in dancing blue letters.

"Gah!" The alicorn said as she fell down after bumping with... another alicorn? Wait, didn't mommy and daddy said something about an alicorn that was her aount's son...

Her horn glowed and beloed him get his books again. "Is alright." She had a cute and charming voice. "I wasn't paying attention to where I was going."

"Thank you." Solar said, grabbing the books again, looking curiously at the mare he had bumped into. Her voice sounded sweet, and her mane looked as if it resembled... Luna's? He blushed nervously, before writing; "If you don't min me asking... Who is your mother?"

"My mother?" The cute alicorn asked, not sure what to say. "My mother is Princess Luna." She said making a small smile ans her smaller version of her mane and tail waved a bit, almost as if it reacted to her emotions.

"Oh!" Solar wrote, his eyes widened a bit in surprise. "My mother has told me about you! My name is Solar Flare, it's great to finally meet you." He wrote, holding out a hoof. He thought for a moment before adding with a shy smile; "Oh... Celestia is my mother. I forgot to mention."

"Oh!" The alicorn felt surprised at that. "Mommy also told me about you now that I remember." She replied smiling, still a bit surprised. "It is nice to meet you. My name is Midnight Lullaby. You can call me just Lullaby." She said smiling to him after reading all he wrote.

"That's a nice name." He wrote, continuing down the hallway. He knew it would be exciting to attend his mother's school for the magically gifted, but he had absolutely no idea that he would be with his cousin! "So... Would you like to sit with me at lunch? Maybe we can study together?"

"Oh, that would be nice." Lullaby replied with a soft smile, then looked around and kead him to the cafeteria.

In there, she sat in a table with her food, smiling at solar.

Various clots around were looking at them, specialy at Solar. Why was he with her?!

Solar sat down with his plate of food, smiling back at her. "So, what kind of magic are you studying? I'm learning about light based spells now." He wrote, not noticing the stares he got from the others.

Lullaby didn't noticed them, or if she did, did.'t payed attention to them. "I've been studing medical spells." She explained as she take a small bit of her food. "Mostly healing magic."

"Healing magic! Something useful..." He wrote with a small sigh, opening up one of the large tomes and flipping through it. "I'm studying light magic to find out if it can be used for more than just providing illumination. So far, I haven't gotten anywhere..." He glanced behind him, and his ears suddenly drooped when he noticed everypony staring at them. "Did we do something wrong?"

"Oh, light magic." She replied smilig. "That's fantastic. I wonder what else it would it reveal one day." She said to him, then looked around and noticed their stares. "I ... sorry for that, is just that." Ahe shrugged, letting out a small blush. "A lot of stallions want to go on a date with me, and seeing me with you makes them... jealous." She explained to Solar.

"That's understandable.." He wrote, nervously glancing back, before turning around and hiding his face. "I don't like the way some of them are looking at me. It's making me nervous..." He did not have much of a reputation when he first joined, and he wanted to keep it that way. All of this sudden attention made him feel a bit queasy.

"Yeah, me to. As soon as we finish eating we should go somewhere else." Lullaby said, shrugging and hidding her face because of the unwanted attention, looking a bit cute as she did that. She then kept eating her food, she wanted to go away that place,

"All right..." He said, following her. He refused to make eye contact with anypony they passed by, keeping his eyes glued on the floor in front of him. "Do you think they know that we're cousins?" He asked.

"I doubt it." Lullaby said as she lead him. "But I want to see their faces when they find out." She saidm letting out a small giggle.

After a moment, they arrived to the office.

The door was locked, but her horn glowed and the door unlocked, then lesd him in.

She chuckled. "Nope." She said giggling as both walked inisde. "At least as a student. But we came here as faughter and neice, so it is fine." She said as she closed the door behind him, leading him to the small garden.

He followed her to the large garden, which he could have sworn could have been a miniature forest. "This is amazing..." He wrote, studying a small patch of flowers. "Do you ever wonder why our mothers never had us meet?"

"Well... I'm sure they had a good reason." He wrote, sitting down with a sigh. "My mother always said that one day she would step down, and I would take her place. I don't know how it's possible. I don't even know how to fly..." He said, and a blush formed on his cheeks. He never really talked this much about his disabilities...

"Yeah, mommy saif that she will also do it one day and I would become the new princess of the night, but I'm not sure if I would be as good as her." She said, then read the next part.

"You... realy don't know?" Lullaby asked him after she read what he wrote. "Oh, oerhaps daddy can help you with that!" She then said smiling.

Archived