Family is first [private]

Darky smiled to him. "Good." He said, then gave him a light nuzzle before going back to the party.

Luna smiled to Solar and also went with everypony else.

Lullaby stayed with Solar.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"It's... pretty hard to believe." Solar wrote to Lullaby, studying his cutie mark for a moment. He had no idea when he woke up that morning that today would be the day he would finally earn his cutie mark.

"All right, everypony!" One of the chefs said, hoping to get everyone's attention. "Everything is set up outside. If anyone else would like to sing for Princess Twilight's birthday, you're welcome to sign up!"

Solar looked back at the chef, before remembering that was why they had the stage set up. "Want to go watch the show? I promise I'll stay out of the forest." Solar wrote, chuckling.

Lullaby nodded and followed Solar happily. "So that was why they were making the stage." She said smiling, then chuckled a bit after hearing what Solar said. "Alright then." She said giggling and went to get some seats near the stage.

Slowly, ponies were going out. There were many faces, between them was Cadence and Shining armor, as well as many other friends Twilight made during her time in Ponyville.

(Mind if I throw Dawn in as one of the singers?)

Solar took his seat next to Lullaby, and he waited, tapping his hoof in anticipation. "I wonder who all is going to be singing?" He whispered to Lullaby as everypony else around them began taking their seats.

(Hmmm... I was actually planning to bring him later since, well, my OC is a singer as adult and a mare, Dawn makes music and is a stallion... but I don't mind to be honest.)

Lullaby shrugged. "Yeah, I also want to know." She said smiling to Solar.

Darky, Luna, Tia and Lightning sat behind them.

Twilight and her friends sat to the very front of the place.

• 3 weeks later...

Over the next hour or so, there were a few ponies that took the stage, but none of them were ponies that Solar recognized. Nevertheless, each of them were great, and Twilight seemed very pleased with the performances. After yet another pony finished singing, another one wakled onto the stage. "Up next, we have... Princess Luna! And she'll be singing Children of the Night."

"Oh!" Solar said in surprise. He had no idea that his Aunt was a singer.

(*yays*)

Darky leaned towards Solar as Luna's voice filled the audience.

"Come little children, I'll take thee away~"

"Surprised?" Darky asked Solar and Lullaby smiling.

Lullaby nooded in astonishment.

"Into a land of enchanment~"

All Solar could do was nod as Luna's sweet voice filled the courtyard, filling his mind with a sense of wonder. He had heard this song before, but had absolutely no idea that it was Luna who made it.

Celestia smiled and stood up from her seat, walking up onto the stage. She looked at Solar and Lullaby, before she joined in the singing.

"Well, this is interesting." Darky said after seeing her joining her sister like that, the place now filled with both songs.

"Come little children, I'll take thee away, into my garden of shadows~"

Lullaby soon got a bit charmed by the pair of voices.

Darky had eyes only for Luna.

Solar was completely captivated as the voices of the two sisters combined in perfect harmony, the melody seeming to peirce his very soul. After a moment, he began to hum along with the song, barely making out the lyrics. Celestia vaguely motioned for the others to come up and join in.

Solar snapped out of his trance for a moment, turning his surprised eyes to Lullaby. It struck him then that his mother wanted them to go up and sing... In front of so many ponies... The thought made him qeasy. "I don't know..." He wrote, shaking a bit.

Solar thought for a moment, the strange feeling in his stomach growing stronger at the thought of singing in front of so many ponies. But he knew Lullaby was right. And who knew, perhaps it will be as fun as she says? He sighed heavily. "All right..." He wrote, following her onto the stage. His legs shook beneath him, threatening to collapse beneath him. I hope I don't have a panic attack... He thought, breathing heavily.

Lullaby smiled once he was up as everypony else started singing again.

"Come on, it is easy." Lullaby said smiling. "Just follow my lead." She then started singing so he could also sing with them.

For a moment, Solar just stood there in front of everyone, nearly paralyzed with fear. However, when he looked away from the crowd and found all of his family singing, a sense of joy filled his heart. Taking a deep breath, he opened his mouth and began singing, his voice joining with everypony else's in perfect harmony.

Soon, the royal family sang together. At first it was only Luna's song, but they soon started singing others, soon loosing a bit of time in there, of course, Twilight was happy with this. This was something you dont see every day.

After a while, they finished singing.

For a moment, Solar was a bit confused when they finished Luna's song, and they started up another. However, he continued singing, his fear of the large crowd in front of him completely forgotten. When they finished, he smiled widely as the crowd erupted in applause. "You're right." He wrote, looking at Lullaby. "That was fun!"

Celestia gently nudged him. "You were wonderful, sweetie."

Lullaby also hugged Solar. "Yes, she is right!" She said smiling to him.

Darky and Luna just looked at them smiling.

"Alright everypony, lets go and take  seat, the next pony wants to sing also." Luna said after a moment, then lead them back to their seats.

Solar giggled as Lullaby hugged him, and he followed them back to their seats. As he trotted back to his seat, he could not help but feel much taller than he had before. So many good things happened that day...

As soon as the announcer finished speaking, a darker colored stallion trotted onto the stage. By the looks of it, he seemed to be somewhere in his teen years, older than Solar, but not by too much. As he positioned the microphone in front of him, the music began playing, and he began to sing along.

(Here's the song, if you're interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qOvNgEsZ9s )

Lullaby smiled and followed them. Once in their seats, she sat between Luna and Solar, smiling. This had been a wonderful day so far. She then noticed the stallion going to seen. She had never seen him before and wondered who it was.

Twilight smiled after seeing the stallion singing. What an amazing party for her.

Archived