Family is first [private]

A few minutes later, the black stallion finished singing and trotted off the stage, feeling a sense of pride at making Twilight happy. However, his skills were nothing compared to that of the royal family, but that was okay. With more practice, he would get better. As he made his way back to his seat, he smiled at Lullaby and Solar. "You two were amazing! I've never actually heard anyone in the royal family sing before." This made Solar blush a bit. Was he really that good..?

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Thank you!" Lullaby smiled to the stallion. "You too where quite good." She said smiling and a bit cheerfully to him.

Luna and Darky saw the stallion and limited themselves to watch and make as small smile, then turned to the stage. There were just a pair of ponies left.

"Ah, thanks! I've been practicing for a long time. Say..." The stallion replied, turning his attention to the stage for a second. "The Grand Galoping Gala is in a few days. If it's all right with the lovely princesses, I would love to meet you two there."

Again, Solar began feeling nervous. "Well... I'm not sure... I have studying to do, experiments to finish, and..."

"Well, it's all right with me." Celestia said, smiling politely at the young musician. She looked at Solar. "You'll be fine, dear. I promise."

Luna smiled and nodded. "It is fine by me." She said smiling to the stallion.

"Come on, Solar." Lullaby said smiling to him. "It will be fun, I know it!" She said smiling to him.

Luna nodded. "Don't worry. We will also be there if you need anything." She said smiling. Well, in the Gala but not with them of course.

Solar was about to write out another string of excuses of why he couldn't go, but the memory of what had happened seemed to instill new confidence within him. He looked up at the stallion, seeing his eyes big and glassy. For somepony who would be a pair of years older and perhapse a bit more mature, it seemed like a rather funny thing. Solar laughed at the stalion's puppy face and nodded. "All right, I'll go." He wrote with a big smile.

"Fantastic!" The stallion said, smiling widely. "By the way, my name is Dawn Whisper. I'm an aspiring musician." He added, offering a hoofshake to both of them.

"It's nice to meet you." Solar wrote, accepting the gesture. "My name is Solar Flare, but I'm guessing you already knew that." He chuckled.

Lullaby smiled. "Nice to meet you. I'm Midnight Lullaby. Just call me Lullaby." She said smiling ti Dawn. "I'm Luna's daughter and he is Celestia's." She added smiling.

Luna and Darky just smiled.

"Ah, I see!" Dawn said, smiling to the two princesses. "Forgive me, I hope I'm not too much of a bother." He said.

"It's quite all right." Celestia said, returning the smile.

"I'll be going, now. I'll see you all in a few days!" He trotted back to his seat, seeming a bit nervous. Once, he nearly knocked over an empty chair.

Solar watched curiously as Dawn left. "I guess he's not used to being around royalty." He wrote.

After about another hour, the last ponies finally finished their turn. After the crowd finished another wave of applause, they stood from their seats and began heading towards the table that held all of the food. Some of the ponies were speaking with Twilight, including Dawn. Having known her for some time, he was a little more comfortable around her.

Solar didn't grab much, but then again he wasn't really hungry. "That was nice." He wrote. "Twilight seems really happy."

"Indeed she does." Luna said, walking not so far from them.

Darky was walking by her side, while Lightning was walking with Tia.

Lullaby was with Solar, her plate conpletely full with food... just like Dakry's and Lightning's plate,

Solar smiled a bit as he quickly finished his little bit of food, disposing of his plate. "So, what should we sing at the Gala?" Solar asked. He glanced over at his mother, felling a bit jealous at seeing Lightning with her.

Darky's, Lullaby's and Darky's plates looked like they had a small mountain of food. They started eating a bit hastly.

Lullaby turned to Solar, still eating, and shrugged. "Whatever you want to." She said smiling.

Luna smiled to her.

"Ah, well... I don't really know any other songs besides the ones we already sang. Maybe we can sing them again?" Solar wrote, peeling his eyes from Celestia and Lightening. He did not want to let it ruin his day..

Lullaby kept eating, but seeing.what he wrote. "Hmmm... we will think on something." She daid smiling.

As soon as she, Lightning and Darky finished their food, they went for even more.

Luna giggled at that.

"Fair enough." He replied. He always had a problem with worrying about things, and he didn't want it to ruin this day. His stomach growled, and he brought his attention back towards the food table. Making up his mind, he grabbed another plate, this time putting a little bit more on than last time. "You know, Dawn looked pretty familiar."

"Yes, he does..." Solar wrote, chewing his food while deep in thought. It suddenly came to him. "I remember! Before I lived in the castle, I snuck into one of his auditions! But... the judges turned him down, and I felt sorry for him."

"Oh..."Lullaby's ears moved down. "Is sad to hear that." She then came back to normal as she ate. After a short while she finished.

"The food was awesome." She said, her small belly filled, as she rubbed it a bit.

"Yes, it was!" Solar replied, finishing up his own plate of food. "I can't wait to see what the cake tastes like!"  He threw his empty plate away and looked around. "What do you want to do until then?"

"All right!" Solar wrote. He too wanted to see what the castle looked like, and just how big it was. He motioned for Lullaby to follow, and headed back through the large doors. "We shouldn't wander too far, we might get lost."

The castle was indeed very large, and staring at how high the roof was made Solar feel a bit dizzy. Shaking his head, he found a rather curious door that seemed to be cracked open, with nothing but darkness behind it. "Hey... Look at this!" Solar wrote, pushing the door open, finding stone stairs that descended into the darkness.

Archived