Family is first [private]

Solar nodded and ran off, eventually making it to the courtyard. He searched all over the place, before finally finding Celestia and Luna. "Mom!" He cried out, screeching to a stop in front of her, completely out of breath.

"Solar? You spoke!" She said, before noticing his obvious distress. "What is it, sweetie?"

"It's Lullaby! One of the prisoners escaped, and now he's holding her hostage! It's all my fault, I wanted to explore the dungeon, and... and..." His head hung low as he began crying. "I'm so sorry..."

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"What?!" Luna said astonished. "We must adress this right now!" She said, then went for Darky.

The guard got to the room and saw both the prisioner and Lullaby. "Release her, now!" He said.

The prisoner cackled loudly, holding Lullaby tightly. "I've got a better idea. If you come one step closer, I'll snap her little neck. How does that sound?"

Once Luna had gotten Darky's attention, Solar didn't even wait for an explanation. There was not enough time.  "This way!" He said, taking off and leading them back up to the lounge area where they were. Solar felt horrible for allowing this to happen. "I'm so sorry..." He said again.

Luna shook her head. "It is not your fault. No pony could had seen this coming." She said as she, Darky and Tia followed him.

Lightning stayed back to distract Twilight.

Lullaby wanted to cry. "Please, let me go!" She said.

The guard just stood there, getyi.g ready tk charge, but waiting for.a.good chance.

"Ah ah ahhh..." The prisoner said, holding Lullaby's chin up to face the crowd. "Don't even think about it. One wrong move, and she's dead."

"Let her go!" Celestia commanded, but only earned a cackle in response.

"All in good time, dear Princess. But first, you'll both give me a royal pardon." The prisoner demanded.

"M-mom...?" Solar stuttered, and Celestia pulled him closer to her.

Lullaby wanted to cry in thay very moment.

The guard growled, still bit moving but looking for the perfect chance.

"Let my daughter go!" Luna commanded. She just wanted to have her back. She then turned to Celestia. "Do we do it?" She asked.

Darky was no where to be seen.

"Well? I'm waiting..." The prisoner said, holding Lullaby's head up.

Celestia let out a shaky sigh and turned to Luna. "I don't think we have a choice..."

Solar clung to Celestia, searching for Darky.

Luna nodded, then turned to the prisioner. "I... agree." She said to him. "Let her go and you are free to go..." she said.

The guard didn't liked the idea, but what could be done.

"Wait..." Celestia said. "All of the crimes you have been arrested for are forgiven."

"Hm..." The prisoner pondered for a moment, before dropping Lullaby to the ground. "All right, I'm convinced." He said.

"Good." Celestia said, before a sly smile curled upon her lips. "Guards, arrest him."

The prisoner backed up until he was against the wall. "What?! What gives? You can't go back on a pardon!" The prisoner yelled.

"I didn't." Celestia said. "I forgave the crimes you were arrested for in the first place. Taking my niece hostage, however, is unforgivable. I hope you enjoyed your free time while it lasted."

"You..." The prisoner said, before suddenly making a break for it down the hall.

Yet, his path was blocked by no other than Darky. "Not so fast." He said, then with a swift move brought him down to the ground. "Gotcha." He said smirking.

Luna rushed to her daughter. "Oh dear, you are fine!" She said, hugging her.

"Mom! I was so scared!" She said, crying.

"Gah!" The prisoner yelled as Darky suddenly jumped on him, dragging him to the floor. "Hey! Let me go!"

"Let's get him back in the dungeon and make sure he stays there. We can't have him escaping again." Celestia said, smiling down at Solar. "I hope you were paying attention, sweetie. These are the type of things the Royal Family has to deal with."

"Wow..." Solar said, looking up at his mother. He had no idea his mother could be so sly at times... As soon as Lullaby was safe, he also ran up and hugged her tightly. "I'm sorry." He repeated. "I never meant for any of this to happen."

Lullaby hugged him back. "Is alright..." she said smiling. She gently hold him close, crying a bit.

Darky nodded and took the prisioner back to the dungeon into a max security cell.

"All right..." Celestia said, taking in a deep breath. "Are any of you in the mood to continue the party? I know that this experience must be very traumatizing to all of us. Especially for Lullaby.. " Solar nodded in agreement.

Solar let out a shaky sigh as they went back to the party, but he did not feel like having any of the cake. "I had no idea that Mother could be so tricky with negotiations." He wrote, resorting back to his previous means of communication.

"And as soon as you're old enough to take the throne, I'll teach you everything I know." Celestia said, giving Solar a little nudge. "Now enjoy the rest of the party, love."

Solar nodded. "I guess we can agree that curiosity is a dangerous thing." He wrote.

"But dear, If you two had not ventured into the dungeon, we would have never known that the prisoner escaped. We should be thanking you two." Celestia replied with a smile.

"Indeed she is right." Luna replied after a moment. "Even though it is dangerous, sometimes it help." She said smiling to Solar.

Lullaby smiled and went with him. "And it was fun... until he appeared of course." She said.

"Yeah, that's true..." Solar replied, his mind replaying all the events that had taken place. He then remembered the pegasus that had saved him when the prisoner threw him from the balcony. "I still need to thank him." Solar wrote.

Archived