Family is first [private]

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She nodded. "Yep, that's daddy." Lullaby said smiling with a squee. "He used to be a pegasus before marring mommy, so he is skilled at that." She explained happily, her mane waving a bit more energetic. "He can teach us how to."

Solar nodded, his previous nervousness forgotten and replaced by excitement. "That sounds great!" He wrote, wondering why he had never thought of asking Darky before. "Maybe I can also show you the experiment I'm working on later. It's not all that fascinating, but it's good practice for using light magic."

"Sure, that would be awesome!" Lullaby said, but then they heard the door opening.

"Why is it open?" They heard from a familiar voice. "Oh, is you two..."

Lullaby turned around, a bit surprised, but noticed who was there, then smiled.

"Mommy!" She said happily as she stood up and went to hug her.

Luna smiled amd hugged back, then looked to Solar. "What are you both doing here?" She asked them.

"Oh, hey Aunt Luna!" Solar wrote, then looked around a bit nervously. Hopefully she wouldn't be mad at them for being in her office. "We needed someplace quiet to hang out, where we wouldn't get weird looks from other ponies..."

"Oh, I see..." Luna said smilng to Solar as she used her magic to pull him into her hug also, giving him a soft nuzzle, then a longer one to Lullaby. "You should had told me first dear." She said to Lullaby.

"Sorry mommy, but it was closed..." Lullaby replied a but sad.

"Is alright." she nuzzled her again in her mane, then turned to Solar. "So, you both descovered two are family right?" She asked him as Lullaby snuggled her.

"Yes, ma'am. We have." Solar wrote, hugging her back with a smile. "I kind of wish I would have known sooner. She seems really nice." Truth be told, he was excited to spend time with Lullaby. Not everypony expressed as much interest in his studies as she did.

"It was sister's desision not to tell you." Luna started saying as she sat down, bith of them still between her hooves. "She said it would be better that you meet casually so both could be friends." She explained. "Looks loke it worked."

Lullaby nodded at that, smiling.

"Yes, it did." Solar replied, still smiling. However, he still thought it a little confusing that his mother wanted the two to meet casually. He decided not to question it, though. Whatever plan his mother had, it worked. "Aunt Luna, when will uncle Darky have some free time? Do you know?"

Lullaby nodded. "Yes, will daddy be free later?" She asked her mother.

"Oh, Darky?" Luna looked at him, then started thinking, het hoof below her chin. "Yes, he will be free later, why do you ask?" She asked Solar.

Solar blushed a bit before he answered. He never really liked talking about his disabilities, especially the one that involved being unable to use his wings. "I wanted to see if he will teach us to fly." He wrote. If any of the other ponies knew that he didn't know how, they would most likely make fun of him until he graduated the place.

"I see..."Luna replied looking at Solar, then giving him a soft nuzzle to calm him down. "Sure, I'm sure he would love to teach you. He was a pegasus after all, and your grandfather is one also." Luna said smiling to Lullaby.

"Really?" Lullaby said amazed.

Luna just nodded, smiling.

Solar smiled and nuzzled Luna back. He was surprised to learn that Darky was once a Pegasus before he married Luna, and he tilted his head in curiosity. Back when he lived on the streets of Ponyville, he never would have believed that he would have such an interesting family history, let alone that he was born into royalty. He shook away the memory and focused more on what was to come. He could barely sit still at the thought that his uncle would be able to teach him. "This is so exciting! We're going to learn to fly!" He wrote, barely able to keep still. Solar was known to be very excitable, and he may pass out if he did not calm down.

"I know, I'm also exited." Lullaby said exited, trying to to let go Luna and start bouncing around the room happily.

Luna giggled at the excitement of the two of them, holding them closer. "You both are really exited." She said giggling. "But alright, that's enough. Classes resume in 5 minutes, so you should leave now." Luna then said smiling.

Lullaby nodded. "Yes mommy." She said smiling.

"Yes, Aunt Luna!" Solar said, practically bouncing out of the room. Now, he didn't even care about the threatening looks he got from the other ponies. "This is so exciting!"

(Time skip to the end of classes?)

Lullaby giggled and followed him, also bouncing around the hall just beside him. "I know, I know." she said happily. "Alright, see you at mommy's office after classes." She said smiling, then bounced to her class

Luna looked at the two of them and smiled, chuckling a little because of their adorableness.

(Sure.)

~ After classes ~

Lullaby stood up and exited the classroom where she was, with the other ponies that where studding medical magic. She then went to Luna's office to wait for Solar

Solar practically burst through the classroom, his heart racing with excitement. A few of the ponies in the class threw jealous glares at him as he passed, but he didn't care. The little Alicorn shot down the halls and screeched to a stop once he reached Luna's office, panting heavily. "I'm here!"

Lullaby was sitting in front of the door, being held between Luna's hooves when Solar arrived.

"Alright, lets go now." Luna said as she stood up.

Lullaby nodded and stood up also, then Luna lead them to the castle.

Solar nodded and followed after them, heading into the castle. He took deep breaths in order to calm his racing heart, fearing that it would explode. "Do you think he can teach us some of the tricks that the Wonderbolts do?"

"Sorry, it's just an exciting thought." Solar replied with a small chuckle. He waved up at Darky to get his attention, hoping he would see them. "Hi uncle Darky! Are you busy?" He wrote.

Luna giggled.

Darky flew down and noticed the three.

Lullaby smiled and run to give him a hug. "Daddy!" She said as she ran. He then hugged her back.

Luna walked to gis side and gave him a kiss. He kissed back as he hugged Lullaby.

Solar smiled and ran over to him, nearly tripping over his own hooves in his excitement. "Uncle Darky, will you teach us to fly?" He asked, his face hopeful. He looked back at his own wings, not even knowing how they work.

"Yes! Thank you!" Solar exclaimed in his actual voice, and he quickly put a hoof over his mouth. Even he was surprised that he had spoken for once. He blushed a bit, before writing out in the usual glowing blue letters; "I mean.. Thank you!"

Archived