Family is first [private]

Darky giggled a bit at that, hearing his voice for once. He hugged the two if them a bit more and then let them go.

"Alright, fist I want to see what you can do." He said smiling.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"What I can do?" Solar asked, looking back and fluttering his wings a bit. He leaped into the air and flapped a few times. For a few seconds, he hovered in the air, before he slowly came back down. "I've been trying to practice, but that's all I can do." He said.

"Hmmm..." Darky looked at Solar as he tried to fly. He noticed he managed to hover in the air for a few seconds, but then came down. He walked to his side to see his wings closely... they were fine. "You just need more practice and make your wings stronger." He said smiling. "Try lifting this apple with your wings only." He said as he put one apple beside his wing.

Solar looked confused for a moment, before doing what he said. He slipped one of his wings underneath the apple and tried to lift it up. At first, he had a bit of difficulty, but was able to lift the apple off the ground by a few inches. He held it there for a few seconds until his wing began to ache, and he dropped it back down. Who would have known that apples could be so heavy...?

"You need to make your wings stronger first." Darky explained. He turned around and saw a bag full of apples and lifted it with his wings. He was sweating a little as he did that, but he managed to do it. "S-see?" He said to Solar, a small smile in his face. He then started flying a little up to a cloud not so far from there, then came back down. "That is what you need to do now." He said as he put it down, feeling better as he did that,

Solar watched curiously as Darky lifted an entire sack of apples with his wings, and the little Alicorn sighed a bit in admiration. He looked up at the cloud that Darky flew towards, and he looked back at his own wings, flapping them a few times. "Up there?" He wrote, unsure if he could do it.

"You are going to train until you can get up there bu yourself." Darky said smiling to Solar. "Don't worry. I know you can do it." He made a bright smile now.

Lullaby looked at Solar. "I know you can!" She said smiling.

"All right.." Solar wrote, looking up at the cloud. It seemed so far away... He blinked and slid his wing back underneath the apple and tried lifting it up again. He lifted it a few more inches than he had before. He held it for about thirty seconds before letting it drop, flapping his wings a bit. "This might take a while..."

Darky nodded. "Yes, it will take time." He said. He looked around and noticed his armor. It looked really heavy. "It took me years to manage to fly with my armor on." He said smiling.

Lullaby was cheering Solar. "You can do it!" She said smiling.

Solar smiled at Lullaby, her cheering seeming to give him new energy. Once again, he picked the apple up with his wing and held it. This time, he was able to hold ot for a few minutes before dropping it again. He tried picking it up with his other wing, finding it a bit more difficult. "Wow... Three years?" He asked, surprise.

"Hmmm... yeah. It took me almlst tjat time. Of course, it helped me to fly with out it in a few months." He then said smiling as he went back with solar. "But it is really difficult to even try to walk in one." He added.

Lullaby started practicing also, lifting an apple also, barely managing to do it, just like Solar.

It took quite a bit more time, but Solar finally found himself able to lift up an apple on each wing without too much struggling. He stood there holding both apples up, his wings shaking with a bit of strain. "Hey! Progress!" He wrote, smiling.

Lullaby was still working on that, but was also starting to manage it.

Darky was sitting fown with Luna in a cloud, but he saw Solar and flew down.

"Good job, now..." he took the apples. "Try flying now." He said smiling

Solar nodded and looked up at the cloud, flapping his wings a few times to release the tension in the muscles. Feeling determined, he leaped into the air and flapped his wings as hard as he could. For a moment, he just hovered in the air, before rising a few more feet. He made it halfway there before exhaustion settled in and he suddenly fell back down.

Darky reacted and flew to catch him before he hit the floor. "Hey, nice job." Darky said smiling to Silar as they landed. "You should rest a little before trying again." He smiled.

Lullaby nodded, smiling. "Sure!" She said giggling as he lifted the apple with her wing. She was getting the hang or it. She thrn tried to fly. She gut half way up, them came down also. Luna catched her as she fell down.

"Careful." Solar wrote, sighing with relief as Luna caught her. "We'll be flying in no time!" He said, practically bouncing up and down in excitement. "Hm... What else should we do today?"

"Oh, there are more things you can do.' Darky said smiling as he let him down infront of him. "We can practice a bit more or go to play a little." Darky said smiling to him.

Luna let down Lullaby beside him.

"Play?"  Solar wrote. Lately, he had been so caught up in his studies that he barely had any free time. Truth be told, he could use a bit of play time. "All right. What should we play?"

Darky smiled at that as his horn glowed. He then transformed into an adorable colt, about the same age as Solar. He then poked him in his chest. "Catch me if you can." He said giggling, then started running away from both Lullaby and Solar.

"Come on, we can catch him!" Lullaby said to solar giggling, then went after her father.

Luna giggled at the adorableness, sitting in a bench as the three of them played.

"Oh, you're on!" Solar wrote, but he doubted Darky could see it while running away. The little Alicorn giggled and ran after him, leaping a few timed and flapping his wings, hoping to gain a bit of speed. He ran until he was less than a foot away from Darky, reaching out a hoof.

"Oh nose!" Darky said giggling. He also flapped his wings a little to get extra speed... but Lullaby jumped over him, pinning him down to the floor. Once in there she booped him. "Gotcha!" She said smiling to her dad.

Darky smiled at that.

She stood up and started running. "Now is my turn, catch me if you can!" She said to the two colts.

Solar laughed out loud, a sound that was very rarely heard by anypony. "Let's get her!" He wrote to Darky, before running after her. Once again, he got within a foot away before suddenly leaping at her. "Got you!"

"Gah!" She felt surprised after noticing Solar got her. She then giggled and booped him also. "Yes you did." She said smiling as Darky arrived with them, also giggling.

Luna walked to the three little ponies, giving them a cuddle. "You are just so adorable." She said smiling to all of them.

Archived