Family is first [private]

"I'm glad you are, sweetie. You're both welcome." Celestia said, pulling the two into a warm embrace with her wings. Solar giggled and snuggled against her, eventually finishing his corn dog.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Solar giggled a bit, and he hugged Lullaby back, and Celestia smiled at them both. "You two are just adorable." She said, nuzzling them both. She unwrapped the funnel cake and set it in front of them, along with a few napkins. "I haven't had one of these in so long." She said, using a levitation spell to pick off a piece and eat it. Solar did the same, and a look of surprise crossed his face at how sweet it was. "This is your first time eating a funnel cake, isn't it, love?" Tia asked. Solar nodded and took another piece.

Lullaby smiled and nuzzled Tia back aftet she nuzzled her. She knew she was adorable. She then looked at the cake and smiled, then got herself a piece. "It is delicious!" She said after she started eating.

"It is!" Celestia said, and Solar nodded in agreement. After a little bit of time, they finished the funnel cake, and Tia wiped both of their mouths with a napkin. "So, what do you two want to do next? Ferris wheel? Another roller coaster...?" She said, winking at Solar, and he shivered in response.

"The Ferris wheel it is, then!" Tia said, lifting the two onto her back and trotting over to the Ferris wheel. They all got a seat together, and Solar smiled as he slid into his spot. They waited for Lullaby to get in before the large ride began moving.

The Ferris wheel suddenly jolted forward and the three of them were lifted high into the air, and the entire carnival was visible. Solar looked over the side, before quickly glancing away. He had never been this far from the ground before...

Lullaby looked outside, amazed by the place. "Wow." She said smiling as she looked around. She then cuddled her stuffed spider a bit, feeling a bit afraid of the high. She wasnt used to it yet.

"It's all right, loves." Celestia said, wrapping a wing around both of them. Solar leaned up against her and stared off at the large amusement park, wishing that he didn't have to go to school the next day. Celestia nuzzled him, knowing something was going through his mind. "What's wrong, sweetie?" She asked. "Nothing." Solar wrote in response.

"Are you sure?" Tia asked, nuzzling him. "Yes, I'm fine." Solar wrote, looking away. "All right, then..." Celestia resolved to ask him about it later. She knew she shouldn't just leave it alone if something was bothering her son.

Soon enough, the Ferris wheel stopped and they all got off, the sun setting over the horizon. Solar yawned, his stuffed elephant still on his back. "Well, I think it's about time we head back to the castle. What do you two think?"

Celestia giggled as Lullaby did that, and lifted Solar onto her back also. "Hold on tight." She said. After a moment, she leapt into the air and flapped her wings, and they were soon high above the ground. Solar yelped a bit and clinged to her neck.

Lullaby gasped a bit after seeing them flying and hold on to Solar, since he clinged to Tia's neck. She was amazed and a bit afraid about it. She also made sure their stuffed animals didn't fall down.

Celestia chuckled at the two of them and began a steady flight back toward the castle. Solar looked down for a moment, grasping onto Lullaby a bit. "I don't think I'll ever get used to flying!" He said, laughing a bit.

Lullaby giggled a little. "Me to." Sh said smiling, then got off Tia's back with her stuffed spider in her back. She smiled to Tia and hugged her. "Thank you aunt!" She said smiling and still hugging her.

Celestia hugged Lullaby back, giving her a nuzzle. "You're welcome, sweetie. I'm glad you had fun." She said. "We still have some time before we have to go to bed. Would you two like to play together a little longer?" Solar nodded, and turned to Lullaby. "I could show you the experiment I've been working on."

"All right! This way.." He wrote, leading her to his room. In the farthest corner of the large room, there was a small desk with a burnt out light bulb. "All right..." He said, concentrating a bit. After a moment, the light bulb flickered to life. "That's... all I have so far. If I can just find a way to give it continuous energy without using my own, then I may have just found a way to continue using broken light bulbs." He ceased the flow of energy and sighed, nearly falling over. "It's not the most interesting thing, but it provides good practice..."

"I actually find it interesting." Lullaby said smiling aa she admired the light bulb when he turned it on. "I mean, it looks hard to do it." She added as she smiled to him.

"I also have a small project, but I can't show you it right now." Lullaby then said.

"What? What is it?" He asked, rushing outside with her. He then noticed the injured bird, and his heart ached with compassion. "You can help him, right...?" He asked, remembering that Lullaby was into healing magic.

Archived