Family is first [private]

"Oh!" The chef said, stopping to acknowledge the two little Alicorns. "A few of Princess Twilight's friends wanted to sing to her before they cut the cake. Stick around, it'll be fun!" The chef continued about his duties.

Solar, however, didn't pay much attention. He was busy listening closely to the strange sounds coming from the forest. It almost sounded like... crying? "Do you hear that?" He wrote.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Okie Dokie Lokie!" Lullaby said to the chef smiling, thrn turned to Solar"Huh? Hear what?" She asked him. She remained silent and also heard it. "Somepony is... crying?" She asked a bit confused.

Solar listened closely, his ears flickering a bit at the sound. Yes, it indeed sounded like someone was crying. He looked back to make sure none of the workers were watching, before squeezing through the bars of the gates. "Stay here, I'm going to go check it out." Without even giving Lullaby time to protest, he zoomed off into the forest.

"Solar, wait!" Lullaby said, but it was too late. She started thinking what to do and went back inside the castle for help, looking for tia.

"Aunt Celestia! Aunt Celestia!" She started yelling as she looked for her, or anypony,

Celestia was busy talking and laughing with the other ponies, before she suddenly heard Lullaby calling her, obviously in some kind of distress. She turned around and spotted the little Alicorn. "Lullaby? What is it, dear?" She asked. "Where's Solar?"

----

Solar leapt over a log, fluttering his wings a bit for some momentum. As he ran deeper into the forest, the crying began growing louder and louder.

Lullaby arrived with Tia after a moment, panting a bit. "Aunt, Solar amd I heard somepony crying in everfree..." she started saying as she tried to catch her breath. "... and Solar went to save whoever it was. I wanted to stop him but it was too late." She explained, then started pulling her towards the courtyard.

Twi and her friends, as well as Darky, Lightning and Luna heard that and also went to help.

"He went into the forest?!" Celestia exclaimed, and she almost immediately began hyperventilating. One of the ponies ran up and immediately began fanning her. "We have to find him!" She said, running out into the courtyard. She looked at Lullaby. "Which way did he go?"

------

Solar sprinted through the forest, the crying becoming ever louder with every step he took. He eventually came to a small clearing, where he found the source of the crying. Two small foals were huddled together against a tree, and a pack of Timberwolves surrounded them, staring hungrily...

"Wait a moment, sweetie." She stopped Lullaby with a levitation spell and set her on her back. "I need you to stay close." She turned to Twilight and her friends. "Spread out through the forest. If you find him, meet me back here." She said. "Luna, Darky, come with me." She said, and leapt into the air and began flying toward the Everfree.

-----

Solar gasped at the sight, his heart racing. He wracked his mind for any ideas, but nothing came to mind aside from running out there. He took a deep breath, and shot out of the bushes and into the clearing, not a trace of fear in his heart.

Celestia flew just over the treetops of the Everfree, searching as best as she could for any speck of white in the otherwise dark forest. "Do any of you see him?" She called back.

--------

Solar zoomed in between the Timberwolves legs, eventually making his way to the two small foals. He stood protectively in between them and the Timberwolves, his horn glowing.

Solar concentrated for a moment, quickly turning to the two foals. "L-look away!" He said, before he suddenly stepped forward, and a bright flash of light illuminated the entire forest. The Timberwolves, their eyes being so used to the darkness of the forest, were immediately blinded. Solar quickly snatched up the two foals on his back and shot through the forest, screeching to a stop when he saw Rainbow Dash.

--------

Celestia was on the verge of tears. "I hope he's okay..." She said, but a bright flash of light interrupted her thoughts. She turned away for a moment, then looked back in the direction it came from. "Did you see that?"

Rainbow Dash managed to cover her eyes, and when she opened them the Timberwolves had already left and she saw Solar. "Hey, you alright?!" She asked as she flew to where he was.

Darky looked around and noticed the light, then heard Tia. "Yes, I saw it. Lets go there." He suggested as he flew there. Luna followed him.

Solar nodded in response, running over to the pegasus with the multicolored mane. He noticed that the Timberwolves had run off, and set the two foals down. Celestia wasted no time changing direction and diving towards the clearing. There she found Solar with Rainbow Dash. "Solar!" She called, trotting over, picking him up and hugging him tightly. "Oh, sweetie. Don't ever do that again.." She said, clutching Solar to her chest. She turned to Rainbow Dash. "You found him... What was he doing?" She asked, noticing the two foals.

"Well, when I arrived, I saw a pair of Timberwolves wanting to attack the foals." Rainbow started sawing.

Luna went to calm down the foals, putting them in her back.

"... and when I arrived, he made a light spell, then they ran away, I think." She finally added. "But it was awesome!"

"So... he scared them off?" Celestia asked, looking down at Solar, then turning her gaze back to the foals. "My... my son saved two innocent lives. With the same light magic he's been so obsessed with." She smiled, then nuzzled him. There was suddenly a small tingling feeling near his flank area, and he looked down. Within a few seconds, he had a cutie mark of what looked like a sun in the midst of producing a solar flare. The more he stared at it, the more he realized what had happened, and what it resembled. "W-wow..." He said.

"Wow!" Rainbow said as she leaned closer to look at his cutie mark.

Darky, Luna and Lullaby also noticed. They felt proud of him.

Lullaby got off Tia and went with Solar, seeing that now he had his cutie mark. "Wow, you got it!" She said smiling.

After a short while, everypony else arrived to the area.

"I did?" He said, examining the cutie mark for a moment longer, before yelling out in excitement. "I... I did!"

Celestia pulled Solar into another hug. "Oh! Congratulations, sweetie!" She said.

Luna smiled and started hugging Solar also. "I'm so happy and proud of you, dear!" She said smiling as she also hughed him.

Lullaby felt happy for him and wanted to join the cuddling, but they looked buisy, so she just hugged his dad and uncle, who arrived with the others.

"Thanks, Aunt Luna!" Solar wrote, his heart thudding with both excitement and nervousness. He had never thought that an action such as this would earn him his cutie mark...

Celestia picked him up and set him on her back. "All right, how about we get back to the party?" She said, smiling.

Luna smiled to her sister. "Yes, lets go back." She said smiling to Tia.

Darky, Lullaby and Lightning agreed with her, as well as everypony else.

"I'll make sure they go back home safetly." Lightning said to Tia as he put the foals in his back, nuzzling them a bit. "See ya at the party." He said before flying off.

"All right." Celestia said, nodding. She nuzzled Solar, before leaping into the air and flying back to the castle. As soon as she landed, she kissed him on the forehead. "I'm so proud of you, sweetie." She said. Solar nodded and smiled.

"We all are proud of you." Luna said smiling to Solar.

"But it was still a dangerous thing what you did back there." Darky said, steping forward. "Please, promise me you will never do that again." He said to Solar.

Lullaby got off Darky's back.

Solar nodded. "Yes, Uncle Darky. I understand." He wrote, looking up at him. "I promise, I'll never do it again." Of course, he was felt sorry he worried everyone, but at the same time he felt glad that he had run off, else he would not have gotten his cutie mark.

Archived