Summer Sky [Ready]

Chevika

Name: Summer Sky

Species: Pegasus

Eye colour: Aqua

Character colour: Paleish yellow

Mane/Tail: Ocean blue with a few streaks of paler blue. She wears her mane long, about shoulder length on both sides, messy due to a lack of attention, and a few bangs sometimes like to fall in her face as well. Her tail hangs just above the ground, also pretty messy.

Physique: Average, a bit small if anything.

Residence: An apartment in Fillydelphia, along with her rabbit Pepper.

Cutie Mark: A blue sun drawn in a swirly, childlike fashion. It represents her ability to always have an optimistic and positive outlook on things, as well as her love for sunny days.

History:

Summer Sky was born and raised in Cloudsdale, along with her twin (and older by ten minutes) brother, Winter Haze. However, their parents were never expecting twins, so this was an interesting surprise. And on top of that, Summer was also born with a rare birth defect- her hind legs were much weaker than they should be. She had braces put on them as soon as she learned to walk, and also took some medication to help rebuild the tissue.

It was painful at first, but Summer eventually learned to walk with the braces, albeit awkward looking. But a few years later, something exceptionally odd happened- tissue was building back up, but only in one of her legs. This was both a blessing and a curse, as Summer eventually only had to use one brace instead of two, but still...

It didn't But as she grew into her fillyhood, Summer began to despise that brace more and more. It was weird, it was uncomfortable, and worst of all, kids kept staring at her in school! She kept begging her parents to get it off, but they always replied with no. This got to get so much that one day her brother walked in on the filly trying to take it off. He simply watched as Sumner tried to stand up without it, only ending up painfully falling over immediately. Winter understood her pain more than anyone, and quickly went to help her out it back on, just as her doctor taught him how to.

And as her brother was doing that, the

epiphany suddenly hit her- why does it matter if ponies stared? That piece of metal was part of what made Summer Sky, well , Summer Sky, so why was she trying to change it? It was her life, who cared what others thought? Sure, it was uncomfortable, but it's not like she could change it or anything!

And so, Summer spent the next day with a smile on her face: ignoring the states, and bring herself. And at the end of the day as she was walking home, her cutie mark finally appeared.

As the years went on, Summer learned to fly much better than she could during her elementary years, and was hovering around whenever she could. She also began to come up with stories, mostly adventure and fantasy, and would write them down. Writing became a little hobby for her, and was something she enjoyed when no one else was around. Her social skills were improving, also- Summer began to make very close friends who she could smile with.

Eventually, Summer and Winter grew old enough to move out of their parents' house, and got little places not far from each other in the town of Fillydelphia. Summer got a job as a weather pony- enough bits to pay the rent. She also got a pet rabbit, a dark grey furry fluffball named Pepler who she's come to love. She still lives in her little apartment to this day, still wearing her brace and not self-conscious about it one bit.

Character Summary:

Summer Sky is an optimist, always seeing the positive side of things. She loves to smile and be happy, and is at her best when flying. However, Summer doesn't mind wearing her brace, she's accepted it as part of what makes her unique.

She also has a bit of a quirky side- occasionally letting wander into daydreams and not paying attention.She isn't the brightest, but her mind goes into it's deepest when she's writing. Of course she's perfectly happy with her life, but when writing her fantasies Sumner can't help but wonder if she should really be looking for something more in life.

Also, she can be a bit awkward and a bit of a klutz, (Most times luck just isn't on her side, and she'll find herself stumbling into weird situations,) but she isn't shy in the slightest. In fact, Summer loves meeting new ponies, and is happy to make a new friend any day of the week. And if a friend is in need, she'll do whatever it takes to help them. Her best friend, however, will always be her brother Winter Haze, as antisocial as he might be. Bothering him is probably one of her favorite pastimes.

Overall, Sumner Sky is a generally carefree mare who isn't afraid to be herself, as weird as she might look from a distance.

[Quick note as well, Winter Haze is another character of mine that I'll be soling soon. Also, here's a doodle of her: ]

UciA8io.jpg

[Her cutie mark is something like this, though a bit of a lighter blue. But here's the general idea. Also I don't own this image: http://i.imgur.com/mAmUyMN.jpg ]

I'll be looking over this app for you :D

Overall, it's looking great! I like the character and the personality and back story you've given her. One thing I think should be changed a little just to fit for WoE:

The amount of bullying for having problems with her legs is a little much for WoE. Possibly there is a side reason why she tries to take the brace off? I know there is a small amount of bullying in the FiM show but not quite the the level as you've written. So tone that down a little and then I think we're good to go!

Just respond here that you've updated the app and I'll look it through one last time. :)

Okie dokie~! I had an idea originally about her just hating the braces for what they were, so I decided to go with that instead.

Umm, sorry if this is considered rude, as I don't know how long this process usually takes, but am I going to some sort of approval/more feedback anytime soon? Again, sorry for being rude, but I'd like to get this character approved. ^_^;

Asking about the progress of an app is not considered rude in my opinion. There have been a few delays in approving the apps in the last week or so. Summer time causes some of our staff to not be around quite as much. Your app should be process in the next few days.

If you are itching to get RPing, you can try your character out in FFA while you wait. I would be willing to RP with you and this character there. Just shoot me a PM if you're interested in an RP with me.

Archived