Getting to know life. (Ask to join)

BassClef

(Okay, first off. The character I am playing is brand new. Also experimental. He is a steampunk automaton with highly advanced artificial intelligence. In the first parts of the rp he will act just like a toddler would. Over time, he will learn words, how to do things for itself, and will eventually develop lifelike characteristics. The first person to join will have this character as his or hers personal robot.)

It's a gloomy and rainy day in canterlot. The forecast for today was meant to be like a hurricane of sorts. Ponies were franticly getting prepared for the coming storm. (enter your character) You have just finished getting prepared for the storm. You have plenty of food and other things you need. You pass an ally way and notice that there is a flashing light, coming from under a cardboard box. You decide to investigate, and as you get closer you hear the words: "Battery low... Recharge required..." Being repeated over and over. When you finally get to the box you see a rusty metallic pony. His brass cogs and mechanics faintly ticking and grinding.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(Sounds interesting. I'm up for it.

http://www.canterlot.com/index.php?/topic/20798-Golden-Beryl#entry531472 )

Golden had her stuff ready for thr storm, but as she walked by she saw a light coming from a box. She saw a machine in it. Not sure what to di with it, she decided to take it home with her and see what it did and how to use... whatever it was. She lived in the second floor of a jewelry shop she owned.

(Sorry. Just got back home :P )

The metal pony repeated its message the whole way there. "Battery low... Recharge required..." It didn't do anything else. Just... Repeat the same message. It almost seemed like it was broken. When it was inside a gush of steam escaped its nostrils, followed by a new message: "Water tank low... Refill to re re re re recharge..." It's recorded voice skipped, indicating some damage. "T t t t tank located behind left t t t ear..."

(Is alright. I'm not conected all the time also x3)

Golden looked at the new message and shrugged. She went for some water in a big cup, then opened the tank located behind its left ear and pured the water into it. Well, it had to work.

It started to jitter and shake its head, it's eyes slowly opened and flashed an image on the wall. It was a logo with an S composed of gears. Music played in the background and an old stallion came into view. He stood in front of a podium and cleared his throat. "eh... Uhh greetings dear uhh... Finder of this wonderful bot. My name is Strout, from Strout robotics. If you are seeing this message, then it means I am dead. I'm sure I passed peacefully of ripe old age... The automaton you have found is my latest invention... The 'Honey Bee VX 22.' I created it to be a learning bot... By the time this message is over, it will act like a young toddler. You may choose to care for it and teach it new things. Consider it uhh... An adopted foal... It will not be able to tell you when it needs repairs or when to refill it's water tank... Good luck to you. And a great life as well." The image disappeared and the music stoped. The bot now stops jittering and looks around. It's eyes were glowing with a greenish light. It's gears ticked as it moved. It was uncanny how lifelike it looked when moving, though it had copper plating around its body.

Golden looked at the recording, not sure what to say. She then looked at the robot as it came to life. She then walked to its front. Golden was a tall and thin pony, also really beautiful.

"Uhm... hello?" She said to the machine.

It looked up at her. It seemed so lifelike. It's like its eyes were actually looking at her. It looked confused and slowly raised its hoof up to touch her nose. It stoped when its own hoof came up in its view. It tilted its head and looked in wonder. "beh..." It's sounded so child like. But it had the build of a full grown stallion.

Golden looked at the machine as the machine looked at its... hoof. It looked like a child to her, but in the body of a normal stallion. "Hoof." She said, gently holding his hoof with hers. "Hoof." She said again, showing it its own hoof.

It tilts its head and looks up at her. It obviously didn't understand her at all, but tryed to repeat what she said. "Hhhuuufff..." It looked back at its hoof again. It was just fascinated by its own hoof. "Hhhuuuff f f f..." It's voice sort of skiped, steam whooshed from its ears. It then looked like it was hurt in some way, it even started to make a crying sound.

"Uhm?" Golden said as she looked at the machine as it let out a crying sound and steam came from its ears. She them walked around it, looking to what was doing it. She wasnt a mechanic or something, but she could work it out with her magic. She let it look at its hoof for a while longer.

It looked around the room with an expression of hurt on its face. It stood up and turned to face Golden. It sat back down and placed a hoof on the top of its head. What ever was wrong, it must have something to do with its head.

Inside its head were gears and cogs all ticking in sink. All but a few gears. These ones weren't moving at all, they were either broken or just stuck. It would be almost impossible to fix if you knew nothing about the mechanics to build such machinery. The bot sat patiently, waiting for Golden to finish her inspection.

"Uhm... I might need help for this." Golden had to admit after seeing what was inside the machine. She moved a bit inside its head, only managing to put correctly a pair of gears stuck, but couldnt do anything with the rest. "Uhmm, where can I find help for you?" She asked the machine after a moment.

It only looked up at her with confusion. "Beh..." That was the only reply she would get. The bot didn't know enough about anything, let alone if anyone could help. Everything was completely new to it. Even its own hoof was amazing In its eyes.

Golden sighed. "Oh well..." she said, then went to make a letter to Twilight. Surly she would know how tk deal with this machine since she read a lot of books. Once it was done she send it and then went with the robot and smiled to it, then grabbed its hoof. "Hoof." She said again smiling as she showed its hoof t it again.

The bot looked at its hoof, then up to Golden. It blinked and tried focusing on repeating exactly what she said. "Hhh... Hoo... Hoooo... Hoooff..." It sounded so determined to learn the new foreign word. It seemed kinda cute how hard it was trying.

Golden smiled after seeing him try that hard. "Good." She said, the showed him his other hoof. "Hooves." She said now so he knew thr difference between singular and plural, then she heard the door of the jewelry and went to see who it was.

The beautiful mare opened the door and saw the pony with the box. "Can I help you?" She asked. She aslo had a charming voice.

It looked at its hooves with wonder. It sat and stared at them while she went to check the door, and also tryed to repeat the new word she taught it. "Hhoofs..."

Seven mentally thanked himself for his suit, otherwise someone could mistake him as a tomato-pony hybrid. "Heres your delivery" he said placing the box down infant of her. "The mailman originally delivering your package got injured so i finished the trip" He explained. He took a brief look outside and shuddered. "I know we've only met for a couple of seconds but could i stay here until the storm dies down" he asked rubbing the back of his head.

Golden shrugged. "Sure, come in." Golden said as her horn glowed and took the package inside, then moved so the pony could go in, then closed the door and made sure it was secured so it was alright for the storm. She let the box beside he machine and smiled to it as it tried to say 'hooves.' She smiled. "Hooves." She said to it so it could repeat.

The bot looked over at the package. "Beh?" It became disinterested in its hooves, and looked over the package with curiosity. It hesitantly poked at the box, just to see if it would do anything.

Archived