MrPip

post-11140-0-79095300-1437548555_thumb.j

Name: ColdRemedy

Species: Earth Pony

Eye colour:Orange

Character colour: A darkish green

Mane/Tail/Other: A straight, thin brown mane and a brown, bushy tail.

Physique: ColdRemedy is a rather short mare, standing at a small 3ft2 with a roundish shape that compliments her flank and chest(when not covered up). Don't let that fool you however, she is as strong as a Stallion. Her face is angular in shape, with a snout that looks like a deer. Her eyes drooped low most of the time, making her look tired or disinterested even if she isn't. She is mainly seen wearing a cloak, covering her back from sight, hiding her cutie mark.

Residence: As of now she has no residence, unless you count the road as such.

Occupation: ColdRemedy is an Alchemist, going from town to town selling healing remedies and other potions to the locals.

Cutie Mark: A potion bottle adorns her flank, however it is covered more often than not.

Unique Traits:

-Remedy's Cart: A large cart she brings along with her, hooked up to her back as she tugs it along, everything she needs is in that cart, food, camping supplies, even a portable stand for her to sell her potions.

-ColdRemedy has vast knowledge of the world and lore of Equestria, as she learns a lot in her travels.

History:ColdRemedy was born into the large bustling city of Trottingham, growing up in a small apartment with her father, Helping Hoof. Helping Hand was both a father and a nurse at the local hospital, making it difficult to take care of ColdRemedy, but he needed to keep the job to pay the bills. ColdRemedy, once old enough, started helping her Father with cooking and cleaning around the apartment, which Helping Hoof was forever grateful for.

One thing Helping Hoof couldn't figure out was how ColdRemedy could help with everything he needs and still get straight A's in school. The teacher at Trottingham always liked ColdRemedy, calling her "The best Teacher's pet she has ever had". However being the Teacher's pet came with disadvatages, like being a target for bullies. At the time Remedy was not very strong, so bullies had an easy time messing with her, her oddball nature didn't help her too much, except it gave her some snappy comebacks at them.

Around the time everypony was getting their cutie mark, Remedy still wanted to help her father out more than she has, so she took an apprenticeship with a local Alchemist so she could hopefully start selling the potions to help pay the bills. However she found she had a certain affinity to Alchemy, enjoying conjuring up potions and tonics for her teacher, usually successful in making a good potion. Her healing potions were the best of her potions, being able to heal everything from small wounds to to broken bones. However they do have limitations on what they can heal, they also slowly heal the recipient, not instantly.

The Alchemist teacher was so proud of ColdRemedy when she made her first healing potion, because that was when her cutie mark appeared, a red potion bottle appeared on her rump. Alchemy almost always made Remedy smile, but the grin on her face was so large her teacher was surprised she could smile that much.

After about a year of teaching from the Alchemist, he let ColdRemedy start selling her potions in the shop. The healing potions kept selling out faster than she could make them. Which was perfect for helping her Father. By herself she was able to pay the bills and Helping Hoof could head back to school to become a full fledged Doctor. If there was a time to be proud of ColdRemedy, it was now.

A couple more years past, and Helping Hoof was now a Doctor, and ColdRemedy a full grown Mare. She wanted to see the world and her father wasn't going to stop her, with tearful goodbyes ColdRemedy set off with her cart, traveling the land of Equestria selling her potions and learning new things.

Character Summary/Personality: ColdRemedy is an oddball to say the least, she definitely isn't easily approached, with her disinterested look and sarcastic tone, but behind that is a caring mare who just wants to help. She likes making sarcastic comments and doesn't beat around the bush. Her droopy face makes it hard to judge emotions. Many would say she is mysterious, the reason being nobody ever asks her anything, which she will willingly answer if asked. She likes a good conversation as much as anyone else.

Please give criticism to this, I want to make a good starting character and wanna know for sure it will work well for the world. No it will not be an anti-social character, just an odd one. I haven't made a new character in a year or so...

Hi! I would be happy to help you out with this app :) I'll give you some suggestions and we'll go from there. These are not in order of importance, just order I wrote them down :razz:

-The father being named "Helping Hand" threw me off a little. I know the saying but ponies have hooves not hands. Perhaps "Helping Hoof" would fit better?

-I'm not sure if you need to mention her not getting her mark the same time as the others. She might still be picked on for the way she is and I've just read too many apps lately where the character gets their mark late. During school is certainly an appropriate time to get a cutie mark.

-"Her healing potions were the best, being able to heal everything from small wounds to to broken bones" her healing potions are on the verge of being too strong. Because this is CC, more powerful magic and/or stuff like potions is allowed however you may want to clarify the extent of the potions to help with bone mending and put a harness on it there. Just to stay within the parameters allowed in the CC section.

-She doesn't seem overly anti-social to me so good job on that part. Most of that sort of thing comes down to how the person actually plays the character during an RP anyway and it seems you have a handle on making her an interesting and usable character.

Ok, there's my suggestions. Let me know here when you've had a chance to go over the app with these suggestions in mind. Overall, this is looking great! Welcome to canterlot.com BTW :D

Hi! I would be happy to help you out with this app :) I'll give you some suggestions and we'll go from there. These are not in order of importance, just order I wrote them down :razz:

-The father being named "Helping Hand" threw me off a little. I know the saying but ponies have hooves not hands. Perhaps "Helping Hoof" would fit better?

-I'm not sure if you need to mention her not getting her mark the same time as the others. She might still be picked on for the way she is and I've just read too many apps lately where the character gets their mark late. During school is certainly an appropriate time to get a cutie mark.

-"Her healing potions were the best, being able to heal everything from small wounds to to broken bones" her healing potions are on the verge of being too strong. Because this is CC, more powerful magic and/or stuff like potions is allowed however you may want to clarify the extent of the potions to help with bone mending and put a harness on it there. Just to stay within the parameters allowed in the CC section.

-She doesn't seem overly anti-social to me so good job on that part. Most of that sort of thing comes down to how the person actually plays the character during an RP anyway and it seems you have a handle on making her an interesting and usable character.

Ok, there's my suggestions. Let me know here when you've had a chance to go over the app with these suggestions in mind. Overall, this is looking great! Welcome to canterlot.com BTW :D

How did I derp with the Helping Hand?! Ugh. Thanks for pointing it out.

Anyway, I like these suggestions. The only one I disagree with is the cutie mark one, I can make small changes but the only way I can see Remedy getting her cutie mark is when she is doing Alchemy. I can probably make her younger though.

Thanks so much for this ^_^.

• 1 month later...

Just a note for style, when pony names have two words, there's a space between them, especially when both words are capitalized (Cold Remedy vs. ColdRemedy).

Besides that, however...

AppApproved.png

Thank you for your patience  :)

Archived