Just Visiting. (Private)

BassClef

Finally. He made it. After saving all of his money he made playing in the streets of (I don't know the pony equivalent of Germany) he finally did it. Bass now steps off of the train for the first time. This was it... Ponyville. This is going to be the best vacation ever! After checking in with the station master, he ventured out into the busy streets of this wondrous new place. With his English glossary book in his saddle bags and a few hundred bits, he decided that it would be best to go and get a bite to eat first. Bass looks around at sighs, having a little trouble reading them, and found that sugar cube corner would be nice. He trotted on inside with a smile on his face and was happy to hear greetings from the owners themselves. He ordered a doughnut and sat down at a table to enjoy his 'meal.'

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A smile graced Solar Flare's lips as he made his way to Sugar Cube corner, ponies bowing politely to the young prince as he passed by, to which he replied with a polite nod. As he walked inside, the owners greeted him and immediately served him a chocolate chip muffin, which the generous prince insisted on overpaying for. He looked around for a moment for a place to sit, and noticed a rather peculiar pony sitting all by himself. Solar was never the type to creep in on some random stranger's life, but he could tell that this pony was not from around here. Perhaps he may enjoy the company? If not, he never found it insulting when somepony told him they would rather be alone.

He carried his muffin over to the table, smiling at the pony. "Hello, would you mind if I sat here?" Instead of speaking, the words actually formed in front of him for the pony to read.

This was very... Strange, to say the least. No random pony would just sit beside him in his home town. It was just... Weird. Even weirder was the words appearing in front of the stranger. Bass quickly got out his English glossary and looked up a response. "Ehh... I... Do not... Mind?"

Solar waited patiently as the pony pulled out an English glossary, which only confirmed the young Alicorn's suspicions that the pony was definitely not from around here. He smiled politely and sat down. "I'm guessing you're new here?" He wrote, allowing the words to hang in front of him for much longer than normal, giving the pony time to read and understand it.

Bass read the words in front of him carefully. After he made sure he had read them correctly, he readied his response, which took him a small amount of time. "Ja... On... Vaca... Tion. Vacation." He had trouble pronouncing the words properly, his accent betraying him. "Ehh... Why... Are the eh... Words floating?"

Vacation! That explained a lot. However, the reason somepony would want to vacation in a small town like Ponyville completely eluded him. Usually the ponies looking for a vacation would head towards one of the larger cities like Canterlot. However, he decided not to question. "Oh... I'm too nervous to speak around anyone." He simply wrote.

Someone who is too nervous about speaking around anyone... It's beginning to look like a strange day now. "Oh. Ehh... Are you the ehh... Royal of here?" He asked this because he was curious as to why ponies were bowing to him. This never happened back home. "Ponies bow to you?"

At first, the question surprised him... That was until he remembered that there were indeed lands outside of his mother's rule. In response, the young Alicorn nodded. "Yes, I am part of the Royal Family. Solar Flare, first son of Princess Celestia." He held out a hoof.

Bass looked at Flares extended hoof with a sort of confusion. "Princess Celestia?" He asked. Now he looks through his glossary for an extended response. "If... She had you... Why is ehh.. She princess? Should be queen?" He asks now. How can a princess have a child and yet still call herself princess? Shouldn't she have had a king?

This only made the young Alicorn blink dumbly in response. It did seem strange that she was still called Princess even after she had a son. "I honestly couldn't tell you. I think she is a queen now, technically, but everyone still just calls her princess." He shrugged and took a bite out of his muffin. "If you don't mind me asking, why vacation in Ponyville? There are plenty of other tourist attractions in other cities."

Bass simply answered with: "Too expensive." Which was true in his case. Playing in the streets for a bit of pocket change was not a good way to make money. He only had about two hundred bits left, and that's just for expenses and maybe for spending in gift shop. You know, buy something memorable. "Eh playing in streets is not good for making the bits..."

Bass simply answered with: "Too expensive." Which was true in his case. Playing in the streets for a bit of pocket change was not a good way to make money. He only had about two hundred bits left, and that's just for expenses and maybe for spending in gift shop. You know, buy something memorable. "Eh playing in streets is not good for making the bits..."

Solar nodded in understanding. It definitely made sense. Of course, with him being royalty, he never really had to worry about expenses, but that did not mean he doesn't notice just how expensive things can get for normal ponies. "That's understandable." The Alicorn prince wrote, taking another bite of his muffin. "What exactly do you play?"

"Anything bass clef... Low note. Mostly cello. How I got mine name! Bass Clef!" He said proudly, as if his name was know through the lands. "Also ehh... Its mine cutie mark. You ehh... Hear of me, ja?" He asked. His name was in fact not know at all... He never played in concert or played duets with anyone. He just wanted to make sure. Never know when at least one pony knows you.

Solar thought for a moment, before shaking his head. "No, I'm sorry. I haven't heard of you." He wrote, awkwardly finishing his muffin. "Then again, I know of very few musicians. One of them happens to be a good friend of mine." Solar thought for a moment. Was it possible that he could help Bass make a name for himself?

"Oh... I just... Want to be uhh... How you say? Famous? Ja! Famous..." Bass said with a tone of disappoint. Then he registered the part of this musician that was good friends with this prince. "Eh? You have ehh..." More flipping around in his book. But he couldn't really find anything in time. He shrugged it off and just said "You know."

Solar thought for a moment, wondering just what Bass meant. "Oh! My friend is very famous, and I have regular contact with him." He wrote, then thought for a moment. "Maybe I can convince him to help you expand your name a bit?" It was a rather generous offer for somepony he just met, but the young Alicorn shook the thought away.

Again, bass reads these words carefully. When he got to 'extend your name' he got a bit excited. "Extend mine name? You help me? We just met! Danke! Danke Danke Danke! We will become ehh... Fast friends, ja?"

Solar chuckled a bit at the foreign pony's sudden excitement once he mentioned expanding his name. "Not a problem at all!" The Alicorn prince wrote with a polite smile. "Yes, I would love to become fast friends."

"Danke! Ehh... Do you want to eh... Hang... Out? Ja, hang out!" Bass was rather excited about having royalty become friends with him. That never could have happened back home. This place is beginning to look like a great place for vacationing in the future. Of course, he still hasn't seen Canterlot yet.

Solar smiled widely at the offer, ecstatic that he had made another friend. "Of course! I would love to." He said, thinking for a moment. "Hey... Would you like to see one of the larger cities? Don't worry about expenses. I'll take care of it." The prince said with a smile.

Now hold on... Did he just say what Bass thinks he said? "Big City? Like... Canterlot?!" This seems too good to be true. There's just no way he thought.

Solar smiled and shrugged his shoulders. "We can go to Canterlot, if you'd like. I have a royal chariot we can take." He wrote. He always enjoyed making other ponies happy, and was always glad to help a new pony feel more welcome around Equestria.

Bass gave a big smile. He reached into his saddle bag and grabbed his bit bag. "All I have in here... Take it, ja?" He offered the bag of bits to the young prince.

Solar's eyes widened a bit as Bass offered a bag full of bits, and he quickly shook his head. "Oh, no! No, you don't owe me anything. I'm doing this because I want to." He said with a smile. "In fact, you won't have to spend a single bit."

Archived