Just Visiting. (Private)

BassClef

"Nein... Take ehh... At least half. Showing thanks. Back home... Eh, we thank with small gifts. At least... Mine family did... You take half! Its ehh... Small gift for you. You are prince. You don't need it. So, small gift!"

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Truly?" Solar wrote, staring hesitantly at the bag of bits. It was never like him to accept money from other ponies, so it was more than a little out of his comfort zone. Nevertheless, he also could not find himself to refuse if it was Bass's way of thanking him. So, the Alicorn prince smiled and accepted the small bag. "Thank you.." He wrote, before glancing out one of the windows. "My chariot is right outside, if you would like to leave now."

"Ja... Again, Danke! But... If mine eh... Gift makes you uncomfortable, uhh... I'm sorry. I never eh... Encou.... Encountered royalty. It is strange to see... Royalty just in the open back home... Never happens... Its just... Wunderbar that... A prince will be so... Kind to a foreign pony! Wunderbar, ja!" Bass nervously rubbed the back of his neck. He was afraid of anything he did. He always wonders if he's being too... Well, foreign.

"Oh, no! Not at all!" Solar wrote, shaking his head. Of course, it was never like him to accept random gifts. But on the other hand, he would not mind making Bass feel more comfortable by accepting, if it was part of his tradition. "Well, if anything... It's nice to receive a gift for once. Usually, I'm the one giving the gifts out." He wrote. He did not want to admit that most of the ponies he knew were only friends with him because he was royalty...

"Truly? Danke! You are the most kind pony ehh... I've met so far! Und I just got here! Danke danke danke!!" Bass was ecstatic! He almost totally forgot that Flare was prince. See, back home, he would always treat ponies the same. Like his family. But that's untill he got to know them better. But Flare... Was special in a way.

"You're very welcome." Solar wrote with a smile, glad to see the foreign pony so ecstatic. He stood up from the table and lead Bass outside to where his royal chariot sat in wait, the pegasi carrying it bowing their heads respectfully in the prince's presence. "Have you ever been in one of these?" He asked.

Bass followed him outside. This carriage looked cool! Nothing like back home. The ones back home are bland and boring. "Once... Without Pegasi. I live in ehh... Earth pony... Village. We use them for quick ehh... Transport services. Like taxis? Ja, taxi!" Bass looked over at Flair for a split second. He didn't notice at first, but he looks sorta.. Attractive. Which made Bass blush a bit. Not enough to actually see it, but it was there.

"Well, prepare to be amazed." Solar said, stepping into the chariot and strapping himself in. He did indeed notice Bass blush when he looked at him, and the young prince smiled in response. Once or twice, a light blush began to form on his own cheeks, but he quickly tried to hide it. "I... hope you aren't afraid of heights."

Bass stepped inside and strapped himself in as well. "Ehh... I have... Never been in ehh... The sky. I am an earth pony... We... Do not fly." Bass looks out the window with a bit of fear. "Ehh... Maybe... Fly low?"

Solar chuckled a bit. "All right, fair enough..." He said, signalling the Pegasi to take off. After a moment, the chariot was lifted off of the ground, but only about twenty feet high. "S-so, What would you like to do in Canterlot?" He asked, using his voice this time.

Wait, what? Whose voice was that? Flair? Why's he talking? "You eh... You talked? Why now? You are eh... Nervous to talk?" That's what he said at least. If he's so nervous about using his voice, why use it now? He only just met Bass.

"To be honest... I'm very nervous right now..." Solar replied, rubbing the back of his neck and smiling a bit. "M-my mother tells me to try and talk to people, so I do..." Of course, what made it even more awkward was that the young prince found Bass to be... rather handsome. The thought made him blush a bit more, but he quickly hid it away.

"Oh... Ehh... If you don't... Feel comfortable... With it... You dont have to... Around me... It's ehh... Fine." Bass tryed to reassure the Prince. Although... His voice did sound very attractive. He just didn't want things to be awkward.

"N-no, it's fine." Solar replied, chuckling a bit nervously. "Eventually I'll get over it... I hope." He said with a smile. "I mean, I'm able to sing with my friend in front of an audience of over seven hundred ponies, so I should be able to talk to just one..." He dwelled on the thought for a moment, before quickly changing the subject. "M-my friend is actually performing tonight at the carnival, if you would like to go. We can talk to him about making you a little better known afterwards.."

"Well... That sounds fun, ja! We will have a good time! Right now, I ehh... Dont think I want ehh... To extend mine name. Just... Have fun, ja?"

"That's fine!" Solar replied, chuckling a bit. For the past few months, he had been cooped up in the castle with Celestia, doing nothing but listening to speeches on how to properly run a kingdom. It was nice to be able to have some fun for once. "W-well, let me at least introduce you to him. Have you ever been to the carnival?"

"Nein... It's ehh, not in my budget. I can only have food and a place to sleep. Playing in the streets ehh... Not a good way to make bits..." He replied. Bass doesn't really get to have many things. The only actual property he owns is his OLD family cello. And unfortunately, it was left behind on the trip.

"I see..." Solar replied, nodding. "Well, you're going to have fun here. I can promise you that." After a moment, he didn't feel as nervous about speaking as he had before, and he wondered if it would be a good time to open up a bit. "It... actually reminds me of when I was younger. Before I found out I was royalty."

"Well..." Solar replied, nervously rubbing the back of his neck. "Before I found out that Celestia was my mother, I... was living in an orphanage. I ran away from it, hoping to seek adventure, but... I ended up living on the streets instead..." He sighed a bit at the memory. "Eventually, a nice mare that owned an apple farm caught me stealing some of her apples. But instead of scolding me, she took me in. It wasn't until about a year later that Mother found me and told me who I really was."

"Oh... Harte Zeit... Rough time." Bass nodded. He totally understood what flair went through. Other than the orphanage part and having celestia as a mother...

"Yeah... But! It's behind me now." He said, then thought of something... Bass is only in Equestria for a visit, which made the Alicorn feel bad that the foreign pony would have to return to his own life of poverty...

"Ja... Ja, that is right! It ehh... It can happen for me too? I make mine name big, und get the bits to... Get mine home! Und a new set of instruments! Hehe! Ja!" Bass clapped his hooves together in joy. Just having those thoughts kept him going.

"Of course! It can happen to anypony, actually." Solar replied with a smile. He always enjoyed making others happy, but this was a bit different. For some reason, Solar just wanted to keep making Bass happy, reguardless of anyone else. "In fact, I'll help you every step of the way, if you'd like."

"Ja! We will be the best friends! Flair und Bass... The world cannot touch! We will be... Invincible!" All this excitement is making Bass feel just right at home. Just without the being poor part.

Archived