Gemini [Ready]

Athens

crop_by_athensthegreat-d93fyr8.png

Gemini

Name: Gemini

Species: Pegasus

Eye colour: His eyes appear to be pitch black. Though, if he is under bright light, you'll see that they are just a very dark green.

Character colour: He is a dark grayish purple. From a distance, he may have what appears to be a scar over his eye, but it’s really just a stripe of a darker shade of purple. He’s also symmetrical in having that same stripe over his other eye, but most don’t notice this at first glance.

Mane/Tail/Other: His mane and tail are a dark, dull red that shines with an orange-ish tint in the light. His mane style could be described as a monstrous pompadour that does in fact cover half of his face. Luckily, his hair does swoop away from his face so you can see it in full when facing him head on. His tail is also short with a swoop similar to his mane.

Physique: He is a particularly strong flyer, but it shows in his endurance rather than speed. While he is most likely to place last in a drag race, he could probably out cruise any pony- not that he plans to find out if that’s a fact or not. He is an average height and a little lankier than most.

Residence: Manehattan

Cutie Mark: It the astrological Gemini sign, with the horizontal lines being the same shade of green as his eyes and the vertical ones the same shade of red as his mane. In astrology, Gemini's glyph is representative of twins and, by extension, balance and harmony. This is why he has an affinity for the law, because he gets to settle disputes and make society more habitable for everypony.

Is was a during a short period of working as a busser that he got his cutiemark. The restaurant was notorious for underpaying its staff and Gem eventually tried to confront the higher-ups about this issue. It was after seeing how better off his coworkers were that he realized his love of serving others and obtained his cutiemark.

Traits: He has a knack for analyzing situations and reading insane amounts of books, though he would never admit either out loud. He has a strong distaste for arrogance and the appearance of arrogance, so he's prone to undervalue his quirks when conversing with others.

He's also fairly skilled in arithmetic. It also helps that he is a fairly eloquent writer. If only he could communicate his thoughts and feelings in person just as well. Despite this, he doesn't let his lack of social tact keep him from talking the ears off of anypony who lets him. As well as talking, he loves to listen and, more importantly, learn about new ponies and their stories and likes and dislikes and- You get the idea. His internal database of ponies is probably much bigger than it needs to be, but it's too much fun comparing and contrasting a new acquaintance to everything else that has ever existed! Maybe he does this to make up for the fact that he has a hard time keeping friends. Nah, that can't be it...

As mentioned earlier, he is a lover of peace and is quick to get paranoid if said peace is threatened. He can get a bit obsessive when he's stressed enough, but he's become more toned down in recent years. He also has a ghost of a southern accent from his childhood in Dodge Junction.

History: He was born into an impoverished family in Dodge Junction as the youngest of six (or was it seven?) children. His household was fairly large and their culture expected the children to support their elders. This meant that Gemini began working at an young age as well as the rest of his siblings. Due to the nature of their situation and the lack of resources to go around, the kids never got along with one another. Many of them turned to make money by illegitimate means (mostly smuggling). Most of them didn't turn to it willingly, but what are you going to do when you have feed yourself as well as well your parents and multitude of aunts and uncles? Despite this, Gemini wasn't privy to their fraudulent acts for the longest time by virtue of being of being the youngest.  

During Gemini's late colt-hood, one of his brothers attempted to steal from a bank and later attempted to frame Gemini for the act. Gem got away scot-free, but not without a significant amount distrust between him and his family being created. It was this that made him think hitch-hiking to Manehattan was a good idea.

And it turned out to be a great idea. Sure, he didn't make much more money than back in Dodge and he couldn't keep a job for long. It was during a job at a grocery store that he discovered his talent involving the law. While he can't remember all the details of the event, it did have something to do with theft , which amuses him greatly. Since then, life for Gemini hasn't changed make sans his permanent job as a lawyer and slightly higher living standards.

Character Summary/Personality:

Gemini wavers between being spritely and completely reserved. Though he enjoys interacting with others, he wouldn’t call himself the best at doing it- but hey! No pain, no game. He also enjoys solving problems, whether they are actual problems or ones made up in his head. Actually, he spends a lot of his time thinking, even, no, especially when talking to others. This evidenced in the fact that he’s quick to jump between subjects if no one’s reigning him in.

He’s a humble pony and extremely empathetic.

Hi there! I'll be happy to review this app for you :) Let's work on a few things together and then when things are all shaped up I can send this up for SRPH approval.

Eye colour: His eyes are a very dark green. Unless he’s facing a particularly bright light, they appear black.

Why do they appear black in brighter light? Usually eyes look less dark when bright light is focused on them.

Occupation: He is a lawyer. Despite this, the number cases he gets are few and infrequent so you’re more likely to find him working as an cashier or barista.

Not really sure if this fits? Usually a lawyer would make enough not to have to be a cashier.

Unique Traits: I guess you could say he has fairly good hearing, but it’s definitely worth scoffing at.

Not sure what you mean by this? That others would make fun of his good hearing?

Cutie Mark: Where/when did he get his mark? Why is it a gemini sign? Why would he have a mark having to do with harmony?

History:

His history needs to be more fleshed out. Why was he fighting with his brother? What was going on with his family? Just needs some more detail.

• Where was your character born?
  • How was life for him or her growing up?
  • Who are his or her parents and how do they get along with your character?
  • Is there any other family we should know about?
  • What is his or her life like now?
  • How did your character get to where he or she is?
  • Where does he or she hope to go from here?

Traits:

Same thing with his traits. There just isn't enough there. You may want to take a look at the below, to find some more things to write about in this section.

• What are your character's talent? What manner of things does he or she excel at?
  • What is his or her motivation in life? How about dreams or goals?
  • What kinds of things does your character like? What does he or she dislike?
  • Does your character have any hobbies? What does he or she do with his or her time?
  • How does your character behave in general? What's it like to be around him or her? How is he or she at making friends?
  • What are your character's faults? What isn't he or she good at? Where does he or she always seem to fail?
  • Does your character have any fears or worries?

I know it's a lot, but we want to make sure you have a solid character to RP in CC that fits the RP environment correctly for the CC world. Let me know here when you've been an update. Keep working and you'll have put together a solid character by the end of this!

Ok, I see you've made some updates :) Let's continue:

"Traits: He has a knack for analyzing situations and reading insane amounts of books, though he would never admit either out loud."

Why would he not want to admit these things? Is he embarrassed that he reads or...? For a lawyer, I'm not sure either of these would be a problem.

"During Gemini's late colt-hood, one of his attempted to steal from a bank and later attempted to frame Gemini for the act."

One of his what?

Cutie Mark: Where/when did he get his mark? Why is it a gemini sign? Why would he have a mark having to do with harmony?

I didn't see any updates to this question.

Keep going on this and don't give up :D Soon, you'll have a CC character that's all ready to go!

:) Ok, I've looked over your edits. I have one more thing for you to work on and then I'll be good with signing off on this.

In the history section, it almost seems like his family is some sort of criminal circle. Maybe it's just the way you've written about them that makes me feel this way about them. I think for CC this is a great idea that I've not seen all that often. Would you care to expand on his family just a little? Not too much as of course the app is about Gemini, but knowing a little more about what his family was up to would give him a little more depth.

Let me know when you've thought this through and I'll move this along to a SRPH for you!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived