Iron Cross von Richthoof [FINAL]

Von Richthoof

OOC: Well this is the first character I submit for approval here, I hope everything is in order with the form I'm posting this. Marking him as suited for the Crossover section, seeing as how there's a fully functional piston engine right there. I shortened the background story a bit there, so if there's a need for more info about that I have some paragraphs lying around here.

Name: Iron Cross von Richthoof

Sex: Male

Species: Earth Pony

Pelt Color: Light brown

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: A slightly darker brown than the pelt for both mane and tail. Comparatively short mane and an average sized tail, he doesn't wear either in any special style but rather with what brushing trough once every morning leaves him with.

Eye Color: Blue

Cutie Mark: Winged Propeller. White bird-like wings to the left and right with a wooden colored double-bladed airscrew in the middle.

Physique: Average and healthy, yet not particularily sportive.

Origin: Born in Bridlein

Roleplay Type: Crossover RP

Occupation: Flying Circus / Whatever delivery job he can get his hooves on.

Motivation: Flight. This has been and so far stayed his main goal in life, to just fly and keep improoving his means of doing so. Since flying is pretty much all the world for him, it's both his greatest strenght and his biggest weakness as he has little backup.

- His flight gear, goggles, jacket and scarf. If he could he'd probably walk around with it all the time. However as the jacket and scarf tend to get quite hot if worn out of flight he usually doesn't.

Dislikes:

- He downright hates crowded airspaces which appear above major settlements, this is mainly due to his fear of mid air collisions.

- He's afraid of travelling in carriages. He's not quite sure why but as that happens too (albeit in a much weaker state) with trains and boats or any other vehicle he's not in direct control of, the control part might just be the answer.

Character Summary:

Personality:

Richthoof is a very calm person, likely keeping it to himself. On the other hand if asked about something along the lines of aviation (even worse if asked about his own plane) he will start talking for hours non-stop.

Caught in arguments he's just downright stubborn and usually doesn't deviate from his own ideas, unless there was a really good argument against (or at least what he considers a good argument). Furthermore peer pressure and the like are nothing to convince him of something either.

Iron Cross treats his fellow ponies with respect, usually trying to act polite in front of anypony. Here and there he can get very angry, resulting in almost all cases in stupid outbursts of him. A few minutes after these he tends to realize how stupid they were and most likely regrets them.

Background:

Iron Cross was born as the son of Merit Cross as part of the Von Richthoof family (A part of equestria's nobility) in 976 CR. in Bridlein. He had always had a thing for flying as it sort of impressed him. He loved to watch the weather pegasi flying around outside, usually wondering what it would be like to do so too. However it wasn't until his father had taken him to an actual air show (and several more over the course of the following years) that Richthoof decided upon designing and constructing his very own flying machine.

Eventually though, after graduating from school the reality of life caught up with him. Mainly as there was no way he could realize his dream without any money, and there was no way his father was going to finance him ("You have learn to value money." as well as the fact that despite being nobility they weren't all that welathier than anyone else around). So Iron Cross went on to learn how to be a mechanic and constructor of all different kinds of vehicles around.

While this was definitely a job he loved doing and had gotten him work on a lot of interesting examples, Richthoof's dream was still very present and took up most of his free time. Iron Cross thus ended up spending a lot of time at libraries, nose-deep in books about anything related to flight and more importantly the anatomy of the wing of all sorts of different beings, Iron Cross acquired himself a lot of knowledge. Essential knowledge.

Long story short. Richthoof built himself a first glider prototype of his airframe design that worked out. In the following years he then proceeded to design an engine (running on a mixture of ethanol and air) for said airframe, which he then ordered from a factory.

Following some complications and last minute changes Iron Cross finished his first actual airplane roughly a month after the turn of the millennium.

He conducted his maiden flight on a sunny day with little to no overcast, finally earning himself his mark. The winged propeller.

From then on Richthoof no more worked as mechanic, but rather flew and presented his machine at every possible meeting involving flying. As that usually doesn't bring in too much money he started to travel from location to location offering flights and one-man-shows.

p515.jpg

EDIT: Minor changes on the whole thing, added the whole personality thing and switched to final.

Switched the picture with a newer one.

EDIT: Switched his birthplace and city of origin to Bridlein, as I figured a Berlin themed city would be more fitting for someone as german inspired as this character.

• 3 weeks later...

Since I'm not sure on how to ask about this in any other way I'll just post it here.

Now, figuring that a few weeks of waiting time was enough to have me ask this question I think I'll just go ahead and ask away. Did unlocking my account just get lost in all the other work or something? No offence in that, just wanted to make sure :)

Since I'm not sure on how to ask about this in any other way I'll just post it here.

Now, figuring that a few weeks of waiting time was enough to have me ask this question I think I'll just go ahead and ask away. Did unlocking my account just get lost in all the other work or something? No offence in that, just wanted to make sure :)

ARGH! I'm so sorry! ><

Fixing that asap