(Ponyville) Carrot's Conundrum (ATTN: those who signed up)

Lux

pulling_carrots_by_kitsune85-d8zrv69.png

Welcome to my mystery thread! The following thread is open to those who signed up for it in my OOC thread. If you want to join, please let me know here.

The sun had just made its ascent over the horizon as Carrot Top awoke. The earth pony wanted to get a start bright and early because today was a very important day in the farmer's year. Today was a harvest day where she would go out and pick all of the ripe carrots and other veggies and get them ready to be sold. It was an exciting time, one where she got to see the fruits (or in this case veggies) of her labor and where she could be one step closer to selling her produce at market. It would be tough work, but she wasn't going to back down! 

"What a lovely day," Carrot said as she opened the front door of her carrot shaped house, ready to start, "perfect to harvest my..."

It was then that she noticed that something was very wrong. Her garden, once pock marked by orange of the carrots and other colors from other veggies now was brown with just dirt! Panicking, Carrot galloped around the rest of the one acre garden that encircled her house, but all of her vegetables were missing. 

"On no! Where did my harvest go?" she said as she fretted her hoof suddenly stepping on something hard that crunched. She turned and picked up from the ground the only carrot now snapped in half from her stepping on it. Looking at it tears filled her eyes as her dreams of a harvest disappeared. 

"Somepony, anypony, HELP!" she cried as she knelt in her garden with the broken carrot. 

Razor lay on a cloud, resting contently as he perused a cook book he had recently acquired. He had felt like cooking something up for himself later, but sadly all he could find was things involving hay.

"Is there anything in this book that's not made from hay or swimming gravy?" He thought. He began to turn another page to the stew section when a loud noise of a scream from below caused him to jump in surprise and let his book go.

The book went over the cloud and fell to the ground as Razor went over the edge to watch it fall. He saw a pony below beside an empty field who seemed distressed. Razor watched as his book fell, bonked her on the head and landed open on the ground.

He gave a slight snicker at the pony. Still he needed his book back, and well...he supposed he had better go see if something was wrong. So he leaped off the cloud and went to land near his book.

He saw then that the pony was a mare, and he leaped back a bit in fear, but he recovered and took a calming breath. Still he kept his distance, and the book between them. He looked down to see his book fell open to the stew section. He reached to pick it up before looking to the mare.

"Hey...I know you ponies tend to freak out easily, but isn't it a bit early to be screaming?" He asked, looking around at the empty field to see if he could figure out what was wrong. Frankly he couldn't see anything.

• 2 weeks later...

((OOC- Changed my mind again and I'm using Blitz. Don't question my indecisiveness, I've been just playing Hawkeye in a lot of threads lately. XD))

While Blitz Trigger was usually known to prefer the more...remote places in Equestria, there was something about Ponyville that just seemed off. As small and harmles as it looked, there was something about it that looked...well, too harmless. So many smiling, friendly ponies here without a care in the world. Not to mention the crystal tree. But that wasn't what got on his nerves, well, not all of it. The problem was: why was he sent here in the first place? The unicorn was technically "on duty" here, which really meant just doing some patrolling and returning to Canterlot.

So he wandered around, grumbling to himself that he was wasting his time. Though he soon found himself straying to the outskirts of town, where the farmlands were. Sure, it was pointless if he wasn't around the ponies, but they didn't seem to be having any problems, right? It actually got kind of peaceful for a while. Just him and the shining morning sun and...Oh sweet Celestia what was that noise?!

"What the..!" The stallion muttered to himself, eyes darting around. It was a scream, no doubt, but where could it possibly be coming from in a patch of dirt like this?! It wasn't long however, before he found the source- an earth pony mare, bending heartbroken over a lone broken carrot...wait, what?

"Erm, it's just a carrot," Blitz said hesitantly, trotting over to the mare. "I think you'll be fine...if you plant some more anyways," He made a gesture to the fields of dirt. A griffon had also appeared - huh, who knew there were griffons here - which he couldn't help but nod in agreement with. It was to early to be screaming. So much for a peaceful walk.

As if to add insult to injury, something from the sky smacked Carrot Top in the head!

"Ow!" she said rubbing the back of her head, "What was that?"

The earth pony looked around to find the source about who or what hit her. There sitting on the muddy ground was  of all things a cookbook. Why would anypony toss a cookbook? Her answer came to light sooner than she imagines as a griffon landed by her. He was at first nervous but then said, "Hey...I know you ponies tend to freak out easily, but isn't it a bit early to be screaming?" 

"I don't freak out easily! But this is something I think I have a right to freak out. And speaking of things to get upset, why did this cookbook hit me in the head?" 

"I think you'll be fine...if you plant some more anyways," a stallion showed up and offered his two bit. 

"Do you realie how long it takes to cultivate a garden this size? Try three months! And do you further realize that these carrots aren't just for me. They're my business, and somepony or something took my business." 

Archived