FiM EqG Alternate Universe cosmic rainbow alicorn

NightmareMuffin

I've been wondering about that giant celestial, rainbow maned alicorn that the mane 7 were able to...summon? Create? During Rainbow Rocks, for some time now. It's really bugging me, to be honest. I mean, yeah, it appearred in the human world, but that was due to magic.

Do you guys think that that rainbow cosmic alicorn thing exists in Equestria as well?

What about in other MLP AU's?

Was is like a God-like celestial entity that was simply summoned from the high heavens to blast its divine judgment upon whoever opposes the ones who summon it, or is it something created by friendship and harmony?

Can it exist as its own presence/force in an alternate world with more magic, to sustain itself?

What is this thing even called?

Should we name it, or do you think it already has some sort of divine name? (Personally, I want to name it "Arcus Astrana" Arcus, being latin for "rainbow", and Astrana being a fusion of "astra", meaning "stars", and "Mana", which is food from God.)

It was just the physical manifestation of an attack, no more than that

thank you for being so unimaginative, sir killjoy.

Anyway, I doubt that it wad "just an attack". Sunset Shimmer's attas, when she transfirmed in movie 1 looked just like an energy ball. Sunny and SciTwi's attacks in movie 3 looked like energy blasts. Neither attacks in movie 1 or 3 created/ summoned an animated horse to shoot its own attack at the bad guy.

*Miss Killjoy... Now that that is corrected...

Uh... yes, the enemy attack that happened right before their attack did the same. I'm honestly with Lime on this one. They manifested their energy which formed a communal rainbow powered alicorn to carry out their attack. Perhaps because Twilight is an alicorn it took that form, perhaps without her, and Sunset only in her place as the element of magic, the energy would manifest as a unicorn. We simply don't know, but it likely did not hold any significant meaning in that world or in equestria. Had they manifested their equestrian powers individually it would have created pony forms.

You are essentially claiming a Final Fantasy-eque summon spell, rather than manifestation of their own powers. This is not imaginative to me, it is the opposite. You are suggesting divine intervention by way of a godpony in a nonpony world. To me, that is ludicrous.

Though, I think we have very different opinions on "imagination." Then again, to me, the deus ex machina endings of all three movies scream "unimaginative." That isn't to say that the movies aren't enjoyable in their own right.

But yeah... I honestly think Lime is right here. Using Occam's Razor... That is the simplest explanation. The manifestation of their equestrian born powers manifested a alicorn energy form. This isn't like Captain Planet or like Final Fantasy (or any other RPG) where they summoned a creature (or as you suggested a god). They summoned their own energy which formed an energy alicorn? Why? Probably because just creating a rainbow energy blast to beat their enemies would seem underplayed for the heroes. They wanted the heroes to be greater than their enemies. Their enemies created energy forms to do their attacks, so why wouldn't the animators do the same for the Mane 6 (or I suppose 7 in this case).

I would like to, again, bring this up.

Scott Pilgrim VS the World

Not the best quality, but I think it's extremely relevant to the discussion at hand.

Yes I'm aware of SPvW. And yes, while watching the movie that scene crossed my mind. And yes, it might have been a homage to it. But it isn't really relevant to the discussion that they somehow summoned a god. (Unless you are suggesting that is what happened instead of summoning a god. In which case I agree, since that is what Lime and I have said)

Wait, hold your horses, and horses hang onto your seats! I've developed more head canon!

What if it's actually a combination of both, a projection of an attack and a powerful being. It could be an astral projection of the Tree of Harmony, since that is what is giving them their powers.

Ah, no, wait. Train derailed at movie one.  :sleep:

Archived