The Kingdoms Crime Investigation Division: Broken Bonds (Private)

NamelessTrax

The year is 2025, a human Equestria flourishes with wealth. But there are those who seek to steal that wealth, or cause harm to the citizens. It is up to the KCI, Kingdoms Criminal Investigation Division, to rout out and lock up these lawbreakers.

21st of August

0800 hours

Canterlot Castle, Nightwatch HQ, KCI Division brief room

Special Agent Nameless Trax sat at the head of the table with his arms folded and leaning back, a case document lay before, marked with the Princesses Seal. Tech Agent Black Frost came in turning on the hologram table, projections came up as 3D models lf the KCI branch Seal. "Morning Sir, how was night?" He asked gleefully. Trax groaned, "I'll sleep better once Criminals have their place rotting in prison." He replied coldly. Black frowned but kept to his work.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Special Agent Soulscream entered the room and sat near Trax at the table, taking a sip of coffee. "Morning, fellas." He said with a yawn before noticing the document. "Looks like we have royal business to attend to." Soon agents Gleaming Blade, Headshot and Silverthorn entered the room and took a seat. Soul noticed there were several empty seats at the table. Before Soul could say anything agents Hurricane Lightning and Autumn Rain quickly entered and nonchalantly entered and sat down on opposite ends of the table. Both were slightly panting and Autumn's hair was a little messed up. Soul raised an eyebrow at the two. Headshot smirked. "Wonder what they were doing?" He whispered to Blade rhetorically.

At the sound of a crash outside the door, Trax sighed deeply with annoyance, Black smiled knowing who it was. Agent Hazel Frost walked in with a grim expression on her face, next walked in Agent Oak Talon Trax buy he was called Oakly by everyone, he had peices of trash in his hair and on his clothing. Hazel sat down next to Autumn while Oakly went over to Kane and so happened to sit right across from Hazel. Next walked in a very young man with a satchel at his side, he rushed in and sat down next Oakly. He was new. Trax raised his hand to silence any questions, "Everyone this is Dr. Azure Blade, he is our newest addition to the team. Welcome to the KCI Doctor." He nodded to Azure who dipped his head respectively. Oakly looked at him confusingly, 'Doctor? Dude this kid must be 18.' He thought to himself.

Soul nodded to Azure while the others gave each other confused looks about the young doctors prescience. "Glad to have you with us, Dr. Blade." Soul said before looking back to Trax. "So what kind of mission is this that requires a child prodigy to assist us?"

Trax nodded to Black who then pressed on his tablet, in front of everyone appeared the 3D image of a man around the same age as Trax and Soul, he had brown hair in a military style cut with green eyes. He was handsome and had an identical resting face to Trax. "This is Drop Shot, up until recently he's been dormant, his last killing spree was back before any of us except Trax and Soul. 15 years ago he dropped over 20 bodies within 12 hours." Black told them seriously. Oakly bent forward in awe, "Jesus, how'd he do it?" He asked amazed. "Maybe if you shut up, he'll tell you." Hazel mumbled coldly, Oakly narrowed his eyes at her. "Both of you can shut it." Trax said icily, both of them sat back feeling the sting of his tone. Black sighed and went on, "He's an Assassin for hire, and a very good at that. His weapon of choice has always been a .50 sniper rifle, which is also why it takes us a little longer to ID the bodies, he never misses their head and his bullets are coated with a highly concentrated amount of Komodo saliva. By the time CSI gets there, the victims skin is completely destroyed."

Headshot raised an eyebrow. "A sniper huh? Well I haven't met a sharpshooter yet that could outdo me. Challenge accepted." Headshot boasted, as he had the best shot in the squad. Blade shot him a look. "Go have a dick measuring contest with somebody else, Head. This is serious." Soul looked back to Trax. "You said he's for hire. Do we know who's been paying him?"

Trax moved around some windows on his tablet, an image of Blade disguised as a mob boss popped up. "We've tracked down all his previous employers, sadly he kills them the moment we find them. He's been dormant because Blacks been keeping a watchful eye out for him, it seems his savings have run low, therefore he's on the look for another job. We're setting the trap, and his target..." He tapped his screen again putting up a picture of himself, "Is me." Oakly slammed his hands on the table standing up, "No! Dad you cant do this! If we cant find him in time you'll..." He began, "First off you will refer to me as your boss, on the clock I am your Senior, not you're father." Trax said coldly, Oakly winced at his tone, "Second, thats is exactly why I am counting on you and Headshot to find him before he takes the shot. Another outburst and you're off the case are we clear?" Trax didnt skip a beat as he hushed Oakly still. Oakly swallowed shamly and sat down quietly, even Hazel looked away feeling sorry for him. Trax went on, "Blade, after this You'll go with Black to get your disguise, you'll need to meet with Drop in 12 hours at an abandoned warehouse in Ponyville. Soul will be near me as Team 1. Oakly and Headshot are on recovery, Blade and Kane will back them up. Silver, Hazel, Autumn, and Dr. Blade will also be nearby to assist me medically should it come to it. Blade, your going to give Drop this file with all the info he needs to find me, do not perceive to conversate him any further. We've tried setting him up at the exchange before but he's smart to canvas the area prior, so just before the kill is the only time we can get him. Questions?" He finished looking around the room.

Everybody else nodded in agreement. "We'll be ready when the time comes." Soul said confidently. Blade stood up and looked to Black. "I guess we better go get acquainted with this Dropshot guy." he said. Headshot looked at Oak, feeling bad about his altercation with Trax. "Hey, don't worry about it man. We'll get him in time." he said to him comfortingly.

Black nodded and stood beckoning for Blade to follow. Oakly just starred at the table, his fist tightened up, "I dont have a choice, if we fail, I'll loose my Dad." He said solumnly. Hazel opened her mouth to speak to Oakly but shut it quickly biting her lip awkwardly, she got up and went out the door. Trax stood up and left the room without saying a word to Oakly. Azure looked around confused, "Are they always like that?" He asked in a hushed voice to Silverthorn.

Silverthorn look at Oakly with concern before turning back to Azure. "You could say that. It's a weird relationship. I think there's things behind the scenes we don't know about, but it's not our business to worry about." She said. She then found herself giving Azure a quick look over. She sat up on the table and crossed her legs. "So...you're a doctor?" She asked, playing with her hair.

Blade left the room and followed Black out. Soul and Blade went outside and each lit a cigarette. Kane and Autumn had left the room holding hands.

"Yes, I have a Phd in Chemistry, Engineering, and Mathematics. With B.A.'s in Psychology, Sociology, and," He then gulped as he realized what she was doing, "...Philo-.. Sophy.... Wow okay..." He said nervously. Oakly got up and patted Azure on the shoulder, "Good luck with that Doc."

Silverthorn giggled and played with her hair some more. "How interesting, you know I have a thing for intelligent men." She said slyly, winking at him before walking off. "Don't mind her, she's a little....flirty. She's a sweetheart means well though." Autumn said as she left the room with Kane.

Oakly stuck his head back in, "B.T. Dubbs bro, she's hit on all of us, and I'll let you figure out who shes slept with. Just saying." He said quickly before ducking back out. Azure just sat there white in the face, confused as f$&@. Hazel stopped in the doorway, "I'll kick his aśs." She said monotonously and walked away sipping from her coffee mug.

Black lead Blade into his lab where he already had a facial disguiser working on Blades masks. "You're name will be Thadius Blake, you're the owner of Blake International, a reasonable sized company dedicated to agro-sciences. You want Trax dead because he's getting close to uncovering an accident at one of your plants. Remember, just hand Drop the file and leave, make the conversation as short as you can. Drops IQ and behavior matches Trax so be careful. He already knows Trax and Soul personally and your the next senior member besides me. And I'm not a field agent." He explained.

Blade nodded as he watched the mask being created. "Thadius Blake, Blake International, agro-science, kill Trax before he spills the beans, give him the file and leave. Got it." Blade said, going over the instructions again to make sure he understood them.

Kane and Headshot were in their room preparing their gear for the mission. "Think you'll get a shot to cap this guy, Head?" Kane asked. Headshot shrugged. "Hopefully. Got to wear down the competition, you know?"

Silverthorn and Autumn entered the girls room and prepared themselves for the mission. "Silverthorn, when are you going to quit being a tease and pick a boy?" Autumn asked as she changed. Silverthorn shrugged. "When I find one I like I guess."

Black took the mask off the machine and gave it to Blade, "Put it on two hours before the meeting."

((Just assume theres been a time skip, Blade will be meeting Drop in and hour and is already on the way there))

Oakly walked in cocking his glock and holstering it, "You may have some competition with this one, supposedly he was on the same task force as my dad, they deployed together and assassinated a Saddle Arabian warlord. Trax would tell me stories of his old team, saying one never missed his shot."

"For now enjoy the single life. Men are arrogant dîcks at our age anyways." Hazel noted sourly as she walked tightening her vest.

Blade had put the mask on and let it adjust to his face. He shivered a little bit as he wore it. "It's kind of weird....like wearing somebody else's skin."

"Guess we better make sure we get him good." Kane said. "We've been through a lot, but we haven't met anybody we can't deal with. Just stick to the plan and stay cool."

"Whoa, cmon now, Hazzy. Don't be like that." Silverthorn said. Autumn nodded. "She's right, dear. You just haven't given it a chance yet. Just wait, some boy is going to steal your heart one day."

Black frowned, "Just dont get it dirty, I like to reuse the matieral to save money."

Oakly sighed, "Yeah, we got this guy." He said more estatic. "So Kane, whens the wedding?"

Hazel scoffed and leaned against the locker, her eyes in a distant gaze, "Right, when he remembers to do it again I'll let you girls know." It was no secret that her and Oakly where Highschool sweethearts all four years, then one summer Oakly came back from a vacation with his family completely changed, Hazel was heartbroken but only Autumn and Silverthorn knew how bad she was hurt. Since then Hazel and Oakly bickered constantly and butted heads on just about everything.

"I'll keep that in mind. When do we head out?" Blade said, still feeling the mask.

Kane rolled his eyes in annoyance. "If I hear that again somebody is getting shot. I love that girl but come on, we're still so young." Headshot smirked. "So...in a year or two?" Headshot's answer came in the form of a discarded magazine round hitting him square in the face.

Silverthorn went to Hazel and put and arm around her. "Hazel, baby, you've got to let that go. I know it sucks that he did that to you and it hurts like hell, but there's a better one for you out there."

"Its called your own ride dummy." Black said holding up a keyset for a 2025 Mercedes SL 550, "Complements of Princess Celestia, she really wants this guy taken down." He explained.

Oakly put his hands up in innocence and shut his mouth shaking his head.

Hazel frowned, "Yeah, then I can rub it in that jerks face. I'll show him who won." She grinned evily rubbing her hands together as if planning something evil. Hazel then perked up, "So Autumn, whens the wedding?" She asked slyly.

"Ten years Soul, and now we have a chance to lock this murderer away for good." Trax began as he stood with Soul in his giant office overlooking Canterlot, "It almost seems like a dream."

Blade went wide eyed as he saw the keys in Black's hand, already picturing the car in his head. "Wow...tell Princess Celestia I'll go on undercover missions more often."

Autumn blushed and looked away. "Yeah Autumn, when's the wedding? Your sexy mare of honor is waiting." Silverthorn teased, striking a seductive pose. "Cmon, girls. I love him but we're still young."

"Not every dream is fiction, my friend." Soul said smoking a cigarette. "I've been meaning to tell you, Trax. I know it's business first around here, but you should really take it easy on Oak. You know he just cares."

"Ruin the mask and your voice will never reach her ear." Black said just looking at Blade crossly.

Hazel rolled her eyes, "With our occupation, it's never too early."

Trax looked back, "With all regard to you old friend, I am teaching my Son. After his senior year of highschool, I took him to Nanda Parbat, to train for the summer. An Ancient Temple to which I taught him the ways of my family, as my Father did for me. Oakly will learn to control his emotions or fall because of them."

"Yeah, yeah." Blade said rolling his eyes and taking the keys. "Guess I better get going then."

Autumn sighed. "I guess you're right, but when it happens isn't up to me." She said, thinking about when the time finally came when Kane popped the question to her.

"I understand your ways, Trax, and I have gone down a similar path with Kane. I did all it took to raise him to be the man he is now, and he has benefited from it greatly." Soul said, looking out the window and taking a drag of the cigarette. "But I almost made a costly mistake. I focused so hard on his training, I forgot what was most important...my relationship with him." He looked at Trax. "I won't tell you how to raise your son, my friend, and there is no doubt you've done what's best for him. At the end of the day, he is your son. Don't lose him like I almost lost Kane."

Hazel sighed, "Lets go see what the boys are up to since we're waiting for Blade to meet with the target. Make sure they're not being stupid."

Oakly glared at Kane and Headshot, "Do you have, two Queens?" He asked in a serious manner to Kane, he held his cards close covering half his face.

Trax looked down slightly, acknowledging Souls truthful words, "If only She were still here, Ally knew how to talk with them better than me." He said solumnly, his eyes looked at the reflection in the glass of the photo upon his desk. It pictured himself, Ally, along with 5 year old Oakly and his twin brother Kasey, whom perished with Ally in the deadly bombing 20 years ago. Trax had vanished for the next five years afterwards, returning a changed man, a cold bringer of death itself. He lead the Agency in kills, firing his weapon more than most, and almost always hitting his target. Only Soul knew about Traxs vanishment to Nanda Parbat, the sacred place of the League of Shadows, the worlds most deadly organization of Assassins. The Princesses do not know about Traxs and Oaklys affiliation, and upon occasion Trax often asks if Soul would join as well. The Shadowy group kept order and Balance around the world by killing off those who might change it for the worse, or the too good.

"You mean make sure one of them isn't being stupid?" Silverthorn said referring to Oakly. 

Kane had an annoyed look on his face as he threw his only two remaining cards on the table, both of which were Queens. Headshot smirked at his defeat, even though he was hiding the fact that four of his five remaining cards were also Queens. 

Soul put a hand on Trax's shoulder. "She is still here, Trax. She never left. They both are always with you, and so am I." He said comfortingly. 

Hazel frowned, "Yeah, like I want to see him."

((Lol aren't there only four queens in a deck though? So maybe Headshot has 1 queen))

Trax sighed and shook his head clear, "Come, we'll need to meet with Blade after his meet with Drop. Lets head to the rendezvous point, and we'll take my car." He said grabbing his keys and heading out the door.

Archived